Problems for God to solve

My current problem is that I have been hearing voices for the last 5 years.

I tried medication and seeking out a psychiatrist, but all that did was take away some of the psychotic symptoms that the spirits cause.

Please pray that God can remove the voices or spirits or whatever they are, and that I can be the real Nathan again.

Thank you :)

I tried medication and seeking out a psychiatrist, but all that did was take away some of the psychotic symptoms that the spirits cause.

Please pray that God can remove the voices or spirits or whatever they are, and that I can be the real Nathan again.

You're a good man, Korg. Please try the prayer remedy that I went to God for a couple of patient years. He was faithful and got me through the demonic thoughts I was battling with. The same could be healing for voices heard.

See my post in https://christianforumsite.com/threads/a-baby-step-to-change-toxic-thoughts.58757/#post-532770

I'm also praying for you, brother.

Hello Korg
Hearing voices must be horrific. Please do not hive up praying. You know God loves you and nothing is impossible for Him.
Praying with others for you

Probably been reading/watching a bit too much true crime recently
But watched the entire Netflix of 'The disappearance of Madeleine McCann' all 8 episodes and STILL nobody really knows what happened to her. Though I heard recently that a German suspect might be charged who claims he knows what really happened (could be just empty boasting), including psychics who say her body is buried in the woods not far from where she disappeared. If alive she'd be 18 years old. The parents are still looking for her.

Will it forever be an unresolved unknown mystery? Or is she saved and in Heaven?
At least her siblings are safe and they were not taken too.

I always pray my school children are safe and never left alone/forsaken to fend for themselves, that someone is looking after them and if they cry out someone will hear.

How should I pray for this?

Maybe I'm praying for it the wrong way.
When I pray I am just myself. If I have anything I need help from God with I just be myself and pour everything out to Him and ask for help, in the name of Jesus. I thank Him for listening and being there for each one of us. I always say Not my will but Yours ve done.
It sometimes takes time for the answer to happen.
God will help you through .
I am not saying 'this is lthe way to pray' just sharing how I go about it.
Just be yourself Foundsheep

How should I pray for this? Maybe I'm praying for it the wrong way.
When I pray I am just myself. If I have anything I need help from God with I just be myself and pour everything out to Him and ask for help, in the name of Jesus. I thank Him for listening and being there for each one of us. I always say Not my will but Yours ve done. It sometimes takes time for the answer to happen. God will help you through. I am not saying 'this is lthe way to pray' just sharing how I go about it.
Just be yourself Foundsheep

Hello Cosia;

You are a blessing
to our sisters and brothers, sharing your wisdom in praying to God. You include in the name of Jesus and not my will but Yours be done. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

For years I prayed to God as if the problems were always mine and never His. Slowly, I began to learn giving God my problems with confidence that He will take care of me and all who believe in Him, turning our cares over to Him.

God bless you, sister and your family.

Thank you bobinfaith
Something else that helped me many years ago. One of my friends and I were both going really bad times and we used to scour the shops for inspirational cards.
Ine day I received a card from her and it really hit home. I can't remember the exact wording but the message is still clear. A man was asking God why He hadn't answered his prayer. God said that the man asked Him to sit his problem out and then instead of listening to God or leaving it with The Lord, he would take it back and try to sort it out himself. That taught me to pray in faith and to trust Tge Lord that He would sit ut or else lead me to do the right thing if I should be able to do so
Then I rest in The Lord. I can be impetuous at times and I have to battle that. Wait on The Lord.

In return I sent her 'Foitsteps In The Sand l.' I think it is beautiful. The man asks Gid why He wasn't with him when he had prayed but God had allowed him suffer. The beautiful part was God's reply to count the footsteps in the sand and he would see that Gid had carried him through it
Fid has carried me through many things in my life. If it becomes to hard to bear I ask The Lord to give me strength and courage.

I have an ongoing problem that I can't seem to shake and it seems to be the root cause of many of my other problems. The older I grow in the Lord, the larger it seems to loom.
It's called 'self centeredness', aka 'me centric', 'the flesh', the old man/nature etc.

I have an ongoing problem that I can't seem to shake and it seems to be the root cause of many of my other problems. The older I grow in the Lord, the larger it seems to loom.
It's called 'self centeredness', aka 'me centric', 'the flesh', the old man/nature etc.

Hello crossnote;

Amen. You said "the older I grow in the Lord the larger it seems to loom." Do you feel that part of that loom is an increase in thought because the Lord has entrusted you more in your spiritual growth and maturity in the Lord?

As far as the self centeredness there can be a mix of thoughts and feelings in a loom.

Hello crossnote;

Amen. You said "the older I grow in the Lord the larger it seems to loom." Do you feel that part of that loom is an increase in thought because the Lord has entrusted you more in your spiritual growth and maturity in the Lord?

As far as the self centeredness there can be a mix of thoughts and feelings in a loom.
Bob, yes I realize it's a matter of perception, e.g. the cleaner the window the more crud we see. 🪟

How should I pray for this?
Maybe I'm praying for it the wrong way.

Hello Foundsheep;

Actually, you ask a great question. Many Christians ask how to pray and it's never ending. There are books and articles in our faith that can lovingly guide us.

I also feel that as we get older in our faith our prayers to the Lord change.

I'm encouraged you opened this topic. There are others on the world wide public that are reading this and it may encourage them as well.

God bless you and your family.

My problem --well I'm feeling a bit isolated in my school bubble (or no bubble! Not allowed in any of the others) . All the kids are going to the their own classes and none are allowed in the library, I am not even allowed to train up any library monitors. I know its to keep us safe from virus but...after 3 days of this I don't know how much more I can take.

Perhaps zoom story times? (though I don't particularly enjoy zoom) I just feel like I am on my own...and it's bugging me cos if I choose not to do anything, nothing will be done and the kids miss out.

If I had a library cat I suppose won't feel so alone.

Maybe this will help...
On September 1, 1939, German forces under the control of Adolf Hitler bombard Poland on land and from the air(first to fall), that triggered the start of World War II
not really.
They still smarting from World War 2? Just stupid. Russia is a big country, what has Ukraine ever done to them and what would they need to invade Ukraine for. If they've run out of toilet paper or whatever I don't know, ask for help, don't go invading another country!

An invasion is sort of like some boy picking on another girl and treating her mean because he secretly LIKES her? Which is how some things start. It all begins in the playground.

If Ukraine has something the Russians want, then why don't they say it, rather than bomb them if they don't get what they want. I don't know. Plus another country has to AGREE to play war if thats what they want to do. Paper, scissors, rock.

If another country wants to expand their territory, they don't just bomb the country next to them. I think that defeats the purpose. What they might do is lease a bit of land to the neighbouring country. But you cant just take it by force. WRONG.

Back