Progressing from Milk to Meat

Sep 3, 2009
Florida
So basically, you are the guilty party? :)

Personally, my faith is my faith. I am open to any type of discussion, as long as it serves for a better understanding of what I believe, what others believe, and why they believe it. At the end of the day, it really just comes down to faith. Stated otherwise, “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1.
Bingo......we have a winner!!!!:cool:

"Unwavering Faith"

Sincere, Unbendable - (opposite of wavering) - To believe God without question.
"Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." (Heb. 10:23).

Reactions: rtm3039 and aha

aha

Nov 18, 2011
What may be considered meat is anything that requires more than a simple reading to come to a useful understanding.

I may have turned this thread in the direction of the sciences when I expressed my approach to a possible dilema concerning attending a church where the teaching. regarding sciences is not in line with my views regarding sciences. My approach, by the way is to note that science, while important to me is not as important as salvation.

My original thought was that what is considered meat is different for different Christians, and I was expecting to hear what others considered meat.

When threads start to wander I am often blessed and challenged, and note that this often represent things individuals find important.
Hi, thanks for the reply,,, I think I need to “confess” the intention of my post :)

That post is not intended to “police” as if am a “moderator” to stick to the topic, and not to wander :)

I did back read, when Sciences and the Big Bang was first mentioned (actually there was a typo error as “Big Band”) the intention, as I understand, is to mention it as an example of “disagreement” on belief secular/Science belief between Christians… and not intended to go to the details of it, but rather on acceptance, understanding of one another.

So what is my intention of that post: I think it is more on the Young Earth and Old Earth “debate”.

As a member of the whole body of Christ, when parts of the body say the Eyes and Ear “exchanges” or “debate” on something, I feel the pain of the disagreement… am not sure what part of the body I am, maybe in between the left and right part of both eye brows, as am still learning, “milk stage” so to speak :)

So I think my post is just offering a reconciliation thought on the Young and Old Earth disagreement.

For the “passive readers” here who happen to be Young Earth or Old Earth, as far as I know about Science, there is not 1, not 2 or 3 but multiple explanations, Scientific Based, that will reconcile both thought… and as Paul have said in the Love Chapter: 1 Corinthians 13: we know partially, but eventually, we will know in full.

1COR 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

AND, I found this useful verse when Christians disagree on some topics:

1 Corinthians 3:21 “For everything belongs to you"
Every one of us on everything, every explanations belongs to us., may it be explanation number 1 or 2 or a Paul’s or Peter’s or Apollos’ explanations: “all are ours”… I may chose this explanation no. 1 and explanation number 2 can be in disagreement on no. 1, but both are mine, as sure, both makes sense btw.
1COR 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;
1COR 3:22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;
1COR 3:23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's
Romans 14:3-6 Accept one another
As RTM3039 mentioned “Faith is my Faith” or Major mentioned “Unwavering Faith”: we have a position on the Young and Old Earth debate: and am steadfast on it.

BUT, regardless what it is on what side of the debate: as long as that thought gives honor to God, and we accept one another.

Similar to verse on those who regard the day or not regard the day: both do so for the Lord.

ROM 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
ROM 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
ROM 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
ROM 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Reactions: Major

aha

Nov 18, 2011
I find the scientifically minded can split hairs over things (if not atoms) that arent really important and in the process create nuclear bombs. Thing is you cant mess with nature and what God created which He did with a particular purpose in mind, its up to you to ask Him to find it out.

When humans try to mess with nature it always turns out to be a mess. With God its all as it should be.

When people go on and on about 'the big bang' I just think 'is that the best you can come up with?' Lol. They cannot prove that the universe started with a 'big bang' but just assume it did. And whats with the name 'big bang' I mean really it sounds silly. Are we the product of a bomb going off by accident?
on the contrary....

Reactions: Major