Progressing from Milk to Meat

Just an aside,
Jewish people who keep kosher don't like mixing their milk and meat, so they avoid such foods as meat-lovers pizza and lasagna, and steak and cheese pies.

I'd never really considered the fact that there were people who were looking forward to the arrival of Jesus, and that we nowadays, take it for granted that he came. Headbender!!!

Yes mam. They were looking forward ON CREDIT (Faith) for the coming of Messiah the first time but they did not know His name.

We are looking backwards ON CREDIT (Faith) at the first coming of Messiah knowing that His name was Jesus and we are expecting His coming for the Second time.

Matthew 19:14 [NASB]
But Jesus said, “ Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

It may be appropriate to note the difference between being childlike ( in faith, in being a student of living including living for God, in exhibiting trust in authority ) and being an infant ( childish, self-absorbed, given to tantrums ).

We should be childlike in our faith and be mature in our discipline.

I wanted to revive this thread because I had it on my mind that it is
unfortunate that some who have been a Christian for years still are on milk.
Why is it that some do not grow up and evolve to the meat of the Word and
gain a clear understanding of all the doctrines and prophecies of God?

John 3:16 (NASB)
16 “For God so loved the world, that He gave His  only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

This is the fundamental truth which when believed and incorporated into our hearts results in our being born into Christ. We all should be eager and able to provide simple accounts as to how Jesus has affected each of use personally.

But as we grow in Christ, we should mature, having passed through trials which strengthen us as we see how the Lord and the whole of Scripture brings us through. Our greater understanding is not just for ourselves, strengthening us, but so that we can pass that understanding to others, both to unbelievers so that they may come to believer, and to brother Christians, sometimes weaker in Christ, that we may help them perfect their own understanding.

If we are unable to progress thus, we remain as babes spiritually and require us to relearn the basics until we can trust in Him and progress thru trials to a stronger faith that we use to make better life decisions.

Hebrews 5:12-14 (NASB)
12For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the  elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.
13 For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant.
14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.
I do realize this is older post, but I enjoyed this as I'm relatively new 5* years...in Christ. Thank you, Siloam.

Back