Psychological Issues

I hope you are not misreading the point myself and Major were making.. Job's friends were wrong because they thought the trouble Job was going through was directly a consequence of "his sin".. That is where they went wrong.. If God were to punish us for our sins, I would have banished from the face of the earth long long ago! The point is, the world has diseases and all the problems because of sin through Adam.. It is not a direct consequence of me.. But the entire human race is fallen

Absolutely correct my brother!

We can blame Adam as the head of humanity for the sin curse that we are all under........but Adam did not make me steel that apple in the grocery store. I did that from my own free will of choice.

Adam did not make me have that affair and contact a social disease....."I" made that choice!!!!

Beloved, they were indeed "correct"; but they were not right.
Job suffered from fear and self-righteousness: and God dealt with that and healed him. But Job was blind to those weaknesses, and asked God what wrong he had done. His friends, on the other hand, assumed Job was in sin and accused him of it. They,
unwittingly, were also assuming the place of God and thought themselves more righteous than Job.

In the end (and that was what God was considering when He allowed satan to touch Job), God judged Job and re-established Job's righteous standing before Him.

I agree totally with Ravindan! He said and I quote him............
"Job's friends were wrong because they thought the trouble Job was going through was directly a consequence of "his sin".. That is where they went wrong.. If God were to punish us for our sins, I would have banished from the face of the earth long long ago! The point is, the world has diseases and all the problems because of sin through Adam.. It is not a direct consequence of me.. But the entire human race is fallen".

Seems to me that Ravindan has posted the real essence of why the GRACE of God is so important and the fact that we can do nothing whatsoever to be saved or stay saved from the penalty of sin.

for the most part, I am in agreement .. it is not always in God's will ..
as to Paul, healed from what ???
a demon that harassed him ???

2Co 12:7
Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!

The expression "the messenger of Satan" is appositional. What Paul meant has caused all kinds of thinking over the years. Some of the things suggested are..........

1. Temptations from the Devil
2. Pauls opposition from his enemies.
3. Some intense bodily pain or illness
4. Recurring physical affliction/bad vision
5. Malaria.

Personally, I have absolutely no idea but what ever it was Paul thought it was a tool of Satan. What we do know is...........

1. This "thorn" came with some pain.
2. It caused shame/embarrassment.

When I read Acts 13:9; 23:1; Gal. 4:14-15 & 6:11, I am moved to believe that it was his poor eye sight.

What ever it was, according to the next two verses in 2 Cor. 12:89, Paul asked the Lord to remove it 3 times. God's answer was that the affliction/trial would not be healed BUT would always be the cause for the enduring GRACE of God in his life.
So then, for Paul this and every affliction reminded him that the power of Christ may rest upon him.

We can blame Adam as the head of humanity for the sin curse that we are all under........but Adam did not make me steel that apple in the grocery store. I did that from my own free will of choice.

Adam did not make me have that affair and contact a social disease....."I" made that choice!!!!

I concur...Amen brothers, we should not say "the devil made me do it" or worse still "God made me do it", sadly our sometimes most deceptive enemy "I" made me do it...

"Job's friends were wrong because they thought the trouble Job was going through was directly a consequence of "his sin".. That is where they went wrong.. If God were to punish us for our sins, I would have banished from the face of the earth long long ago! The point is, the world has diseases and all the problems because of sin through Adam.. It is not a direct consequence of me.. But the entire human race is fallen".

Seems to me that Ravindan has posted the real essence of why the GRACE of God is so important and the fact that we can do nothing whatsoever to be saved or stay saved from the penalty of sin.

Another agreement here from me...the thorn was "in the flesh"...so I believe it was to a physical stigma to keep him humble (whatever that was)

That's were the Law of Mercy was applied: that we were not given what we deserved.

Yes, Beloved. We are found guilty in our own sin.

I have severe anxiety that God won't heal. Everyone has prayed for me and it won't go away so I'm assuming that God will use is going to use that for something later in my life. I believe that God uses illness sometimes for His will and I think it's unfair to say that only people with no faith get sick or can't be healed through prayer.

My grandfather has COPD and cancer and Parkinson's. God hasn't healed him yet despite the fact they pray everyday along with their church.

Not everything is of the devil.

I have severe anxiety that God won't heal. Everyone has prayed for me and it won't go away so I'm assuming that God will use is going to use that for something later in my life. I believe that God uses illness sometimes for His will and I think it's unfair to say that only people with no faith get sick or can't be healed through prayer.
My grandfather has COPD and cancer and Parkinson's. God hasn't healed him yet despite the fact they pray everyday along with their church.
Not everything is of the devil.

I think that many times we can miss that. There is also the Law of Time: everything gets old, and everything dies. Some bodies get "older" quicker than others; while others seem to stay young, only to get old, in seems, in the blink of an eye. And sometimes we "mold" ourselves a certain way by just plaint habit: by reacting a certain way to certain stimuli!

And sometimes we "mold" ourselves a certain way by just plaint habit: by reacting a certain way to certain stimuli!

If you're talking about anxiety here then I agree. Sometimes people intentionally dwell on things that make them anxious. Or avoid doing things that make them uncomfortable, which is no help. Or you could be like me and have a Narcissistic mother who intentionally crippled you so that you would never leave the house.

If you're talking about anxiety here then I agree. Sometimes people intentionally dwell on things that make them anxious. Or avoid doing things that make them uncomfortable, which is no help. Or you could be like me and have a Narcissistic mother who intentionally crippled you so that you would never leave the house.

You know MOM!!!

Back