Question for Historians: Giant Nephilites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all science, not all scientists are dishonest.
Are those scientists who support special creation dishonest deceivers?
https://answersingenesis.org/creati...oid/were-giant-skeletons-found-in-the-desert/
I for one will not in anyway vilify Dr. Tommy Mitchel the author of the above linked article.
He would be just one of many science educated persons who should be respected for their stand against false teachings in the secular world.
I never said they were. You keep straying from the word of God in this subject. Everything outside the word of God can be proven either way to whomever wants to believe that information. Most people won't believe in healing until they see it for themselves. Most people won't believe in giants unless they find them in their own back yard. While all that information is intriguing, the word of God is more. When you remove the translation bias, ask the Holy Spirit, you'll find things that are amazing! Literalists have been greatly blessed because they believe the word of God first, then find it proven in life.

Matthew Fontaine Maury literally believed Psa 8:8 and became known as the "Father of Modern Oceanography and Naval Meteorology". Newton and Pascal were great scientists, but they were Christians first who believed the word of God plainly. Columbus believed the earth was round Isa 40:22 and discovered America searching for a homeland for the Jews. General Allenby flew in dense fog to Jerusalem alone and conquered it from the Ottoman Empire without firing a single shot because he believed Isaiah 31:4-5.

So why do I keep up with this debate about the giants? Major and I have been at this same impasse since I joined CFS years ago. It's because of Jesus' warning that the last days would be like the days of Noah. So what was it like then? Evil abound certainly, but there are clues galore, and they're happening today with movies and headlines pushing generic manipulation, songs about mating with angels (or demons) (e.g. Katy Perry), these are non-Christians pushing this. That's why it's important. That's what they did in the days of Noah. The evidence is everywhere, but we spiritualize the word of God to non-use. The word of God contains accurate history and today examples we can live by.

I never said they were. You keep straying from the word of God in this subject. Everything outside the word of God can be proven either way to whomever wants to believe that information. Most people won't believe in healing until they see it for themselves. Most people won't believe in giants unless they find them in their own back yard. While all that information is intriguing, the word of God is more. When you remove the translation bias, ask the Holy Spirit, you'll find things that are amazing! Literalists have been greatly blessed because they believe the word of God first, then find it proven in life.

Matthew Fontaine Maury literally believed Psa 8:8 and became known as the "Father of Modern Oceanography and Naval Meteorology". Newton and Pascal were great scientists, but they were Christians first who believed the word of God plainly. Columbus believed the earth was round Isa 40:22 and discovered America searching for a homeland for the Jews. General Allenby flew in dense fog to Jerusalem alone and conquered it from the Ottoman Empire without firing a single shot because he believed Isaiah 31:4-5.

So why do I keep up with this debate about the giants? Major and I have been at this same impasse since I joined CFS years ago. It's because of Jesus' warning that the last days would be like the days of Noah. So what was it like then? Evil abound certainly, but there are clues galore, and they're happening today with movies and headlines pushing generic manipulation, songs about mating with angels (or demons) (e.g. Katy Perry), these are non-Christians pushing this. That's why it's important. That's what they did in the days of Noah. The evidence is everywhere, but we spiritualize the word of God to non-use. The word of God contains accurate history and today examples we can live by.
Here is how the first few weeks in Heaven will be like.
US going ohhhhhhh I see ohhhhhhh of course. Ohhhhhhh did not see that . Ohhhhhhh of course. Ohhhhhhh did not see that. Rotfl.

Right Jim! After all, we are living in the shadows and seeing through a dark glass. The word of God, literally, opens our eyes to the events today. Scientists found the effects of Dark Matter, the Holy Spirit let me find it in Genesis. It's all relevant. :D

Right Jim! After all, we are living in the shadows and seeing through a dark glass. The word of God, literally, opens our eyes to the events today. Scientists found the effects of Dark Matter, the Holy Spirit let me find it in Genesis. It's all relevant. :D
I admit and repent for the ignorance I walked in concerning some things of God. Every time I turn around God is showing me things in His word backing much and debunking much too.

It's simply amazing......

So why do I keep up with this debate about the giants? Major and I have been at this same impasse since I joined CFS years ago. It's because of Jesus' warning that the last days would be like the days of Noah.
This is exactly why Major and I are so committed to putting the truth of scripture out there.

It is noteworthy that Jesus never once talked about fallen angels/demons corrupting flesh.
Not one comment hinting that demonic cohabitation of women will or ever did produce any anomalous hybridized people.
Quite the contrary, He likened the end times to the days of Noah in the context of mankind's complacency up until disaster strikes.

Luk 17:26 Just as it was in the days of Noah, so will it be in the days of the Son of Man.
Luk 17:27 They were eating and drinking and marrying and being given in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:28 Likewise, just as it was in the days of Lot—they were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building,
Luk 17:29 but on the day when Lot went out from Sodom, fire and sulfur rained from heaven and destroyed them all—
Luk 17:30 so will it be on the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

Can we all see that not once are naughty angels mentioned by Jesus in this dialogue? Only the uninterupted 'business as usual' affairs of man are mentioned.

If I showed you how "sons of God" appear four times in the word of God and all of them clearly show they're talking about angels, fallen or otherwise. Why is it impossible for them to be translated all the same? Why make any distinction when 3 of the 4 explicitly talk about angels? Why is the 1st an exception? Just because it seems impossible? The word of God is filled with the impossible. Our salvation is impossible, but we have it nonetheless, through the Word of God. How much traditional bias is involved in translations or interpretations?
Abidcate, the only issue I am fully persuaded on is that they had free will and were not evil from their dna (my three cents ;)). Otherwise I am truly 50/50 on sons of God being fallen angels. As if it is fallen angels, it is just one hell of a pill to swallow. Not impossible though as I have always maintained and believed that God still loves all the fallen angels.

I have been refreshing my memory by watching videos on this from La Marzulli. There are many interesting facts that tie up. Aztec temples, pyramids, ancient indian ruins all built with huge blocks and used for human sacrifices. Suggesting giants and some very cruel ones in charge. All the cranial deformations of people living by these ruins. An interesting explanation that dinosaurs were from intelligent inbreeding. The fact that sons of God mating, equaled giants....this was never said of others. IE No mention of Cain, Able, Moses's offspring being giants.

I am just wondering what makes all so certain that these were initially fallen angels. Is there not a possibility that the 200 fell at a separate / later time.

Last edited:
The problem arises when man believes he knows so much and in Truth he knows less then what he does not have a clue about.

Another words what man is ignorant about concerning God and His word is far more then what he Thinks he knows.
I would say we are certain of God's nature. But completely clueless for the most part on actual history :). Stonehenge has stood there for many years and we still have no clue how it got there. When I read it is from our Neolithic ancestors I just ROFL.

Last edited:
I would say we are certain of God's nature. But completely clueless for the most part on actual history :). Stonehenge has stood there for many years and we still have no clue how it got there. When I read it is from our Neolithic ancestors I just ROFL.
When you say as you have, is it this that you have in mind?
Rom 1:20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Because if it is, then we know from the created things around us that unlike things can not interbreed.
Even Jesus used the immutability of His laws to teach other truths::
Mat 7:16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

As for stonehenge, I can think of a way to build it without cranes and other heavy duty machines. It would take more than a week or two, but it could be done by manual labour using modern man.

Last edited:
When you say as you have, is it this that you have in mind?
Rom 1:20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Because if it is, then we know from the created things around us that unlike things can not interbreed.
Even Jesus used the immutability of His laws to teach other truths::
Mat 7:16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

As for stonehenge, I can think of a way to build it without cranes and other heavy duty machines. It would take more than a week or two, but it could be done by manual labour using modern man.

All scripture :). God is an open book with absolutely nothing to hide. He has given us full disclosure in His word on His love, goodness, jealousy and anger.

Agreed with inbreeding. But all dinosaurs are basically reptiles. Angels and humans, I believe is an exception as angels being just above us should make the possibility exist.

A concern I have though is where is the evidence of this advanced society? If they were experimenting with reptile dna, they would have needed labs and other advanced technology....where are the missing satellites? All we have is big rocks on top of each other and drawings of planes.

I guess Stonehenge and all other 'ancient' ruins can also be explained by all humans being larger pre flood. But, still the bible mentions giants among humans. We need to further discuss the significance of the bible using the word, giants. Not only 'sons of God' imho.

Last edited:
I thought it was only in Jurassic park that they messed with dino dna.:)
Agreed with inbreeding. But all dinosaurs are basically reptiles. Angels and humans, I believe is an exception as angels being just above us should make the possibility exist.

I'm unsure of your source here, can you help me out please?
My thoughts are, (allowing that angels are able to procreate) that for angels to find women attractive, it would be much like men finding Baboons or Orang-utans attractive..(no offence intended ladies :( ). attractive enough to marry I might add.
Yet of the sons of God in gen it is said that they found the ladies quite desirable....desirable enough to marry, not just to get pregnant.

Some food for thought:::
An angel has an eternal life span give or take a few millennia.
Marriage is a life long commitment.
Seeing a woman that she is fair and much to be desired, would sort of loose its edge with the realization that she will grow old and sexually inactive, even dysfunctional while her suitor is still in its prime Surely that would be an obstacle that surely would have been reported, but it wasn't.
But this all idle since we are told::
Heb 1:7 Of the angels he says, "He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire."
So if angels are winds or spirits, they would not be able to function as men.

Indeed, These photoshopped images did the rounds a few months ago and were quickly shown to be hoaxes.
Same thing with aliens and UFOs and gigantic snakes swallowing bikini clad girls. It seems there is no end to deceiving images and video presentations available on the web
This is especially true of false teachers who go to great lengths to show that the world will end or that Christ shall return on this date or that date All that is needed is to google 'end of the world'
The accounts mentioned previously in Job re sons of God is especially illustrative of the danger of wanting scripture to say what a person wants to hear.
The question that a truly inquiring mind might ask is "why , if the sons of God are angels, is the satan mentioned separately? Is it not also an angel and therefore a son of God?"
The answer might lie in the following passage:::
Rom 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
"Ohh OKay I get it: the angels in heaven are obedient, whereas fallen angels such as the satan are not, being in rebellion they are seen to be other than sons of God". our hypothetical inquirer might conclude

Amen brother. You are preaching to the choir!

In addition to that, when did man come to the thinking that a fallen angle or demon would be able to be called the "Sons of God".

Again, we as a peoples have read to many science fiction books and seen to many Star Trek movies which seem to have clouded our understanding of Bible doctrine. But that is just me my brother.

I'll stick to the word of God. The best way to bury the truth is to hide it among the junk. That's why we have the Secret Service to protect our currency. We have the Holy Spirit to speak to those willing to listen.

Agreed! I always have and always will as have many, many others.

And the Holy Spirit speaks to each of individually and gives us understanding as we allow Him to do so. I have always been willing to listen and have learned much from Him. I thank God that He has kept me focused on the blazing center of reality which is His Son the Lord Jesus Christ and not any thoughts that comes along from men.

Romans 14:5..........
"One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind."

God bless you my brother for your imput but I feel like this is something we are not going to agree on.

Why do you think "science" will say these are fake? Because it throws into the face of Darwinism. Do we believe the word of God or man? Funny.

Not science who does the faking my brother. It is men who seek attention and fame and notoriety. They can not and have not found any skeletons of a 45 foot man in all of our digging up of bones so the only thing left to do is fake it.

The same thought took place in the 50"s when a man glued together parts of a man, a gorilla and a chimp and claimed he dug up the "Missing Link" between animals and humans.

That is why I believe in the Word of God because "All have sinned and come short of the approval of God".

Not only that but David said in the Psalms that "all men are liars". I believe David is right.

Abdicate in all of your studies....has anyone ever said how a fallen angel can reproduce? Sounds like, and from the evidence of the sculls and hair analysis results that they had taken on human form.

I find it interesting that a spirit being can take on human form and reproduce like man was created to do. I think it's the only thing that puzzles my mind.

Blessings to ya :)

1. I'm unsure of your source here, can you help me out please?
My thoughts are, (allowing that angels are able to procreate) that for angels to find women attractive, it would be much like men finding Baboons or Orang-utans attractive..(no offence intended ladies :( ). attractive enough to marry I might add.
Yet of the sons of God in gen it is said that they found the ladies quite desirable....desirable enough to marry, not just to get pregnant.

2. Some food for thought:::
An angel has an eternal life span give or take a few millennia.
Marriage is a life long commitment.
Seeing a woman that she is fair and much to be desired, would sort of loose its edge with the realization that she will grow old and sexually inactive, even dysfunctional while her suitor is still in its prime Surely that would be an obstacle that surely would have been reported, but it wasn't.
But this all idle since we are told::
Heb 1:7 Of the angels he says, "He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire."
So if angels are winds or spirits, they would not be able to function as men.

1. I believe angels find our ladies very attractive. The desiribilty of woman was key to their creation. He wanted Adam to crave mating with Eve. An angel can understand that craving as they are fully aware of the beauty in all of God's creation. The key issue to grasp that for me makes this all the more believable is the fact that scripture is quite clear in stating that we are created just beneath / little lower then them. So no double brain power, rather 10-20% more brain power. Not double advanced dna, just 10-20% better dna. Human dna includes a spirit, it always has. Our outer body has never been the sole reason we are able to reproduce. Frankenstein's monster is not alive and cannot reproduce. Human = body, mind and spirit. A righteous angel = resurrected body, mind and spirt. A fallen angel = body normally in the form of an animal, mind and spirit. We are made in the image of God. God always had this in mind as He knew He would need to impregnate Mary. I believe God, angels and us all have much in common.

2. I think it is easy to explain that when they took them as wives it was not that they were now married to them / agreed to help with the dishes. Rather perhaps that they were off limits to anyone else. Heb 1:7 is not saying angels are winds. That is figurative. Old woman can still be very attractive. It is the physical interaction that is attractive. But clearly they would never be able to impregnate older ladies. So we know it was younger ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back