Question on Christmas being Pagan?

We have a family in our church going on the church facebook page and calling out pastorsd and elders for teaching heresy as we have a christmas tree and dare to hold a christmas service, any hear deal with this before?

We know Jesus wasn't born in December. He was born in spring - to be in a manger, not to mention getting there...
Having the right attitude and reasons for celebrations makes it all good. If someone else has a problem with it - just goes to show that they need to get up to speed - in a Christian manner.
We don't do trees because I like trees and can't justify cutting one down just to ditch it in a couple of days.
But each to his own - nothing against it.
God bless.

We know Jesus wasn't born in December. He was born in spring - to be in a manger, not to mention getting there...
Having the right attitude and reasons for celebrations makes it all good. If someone else has a problem with it - just goes to show that they need to get up to speed - in a Christian manner.
We don't do trees because I like trees and can't justify cutting one down just to ditch it in a couple of days.
But each to his own - nothing against it.
God bless.
No problem if they choose to not have a tree or celebrate Christmas, but they cannot mandate that for all!

We know Jesus wasn't born in December. He was born in spring - to be in a manger, not to mention getting there...Having the right attitude and reasons for celebrations makes it all good. If someone else has a problem with it - just goes to show that they need to get up to speed - in a Christian manner.
We don't do trees because I like trees and can't justify cutting one down just to ditch it in a couple of days. But each to his own - nothing against it.
God bless.

Hello brothers and sisters;

hit the nail on the head and I cannot articulate a better way of sharing the Reason for the Season as he just did.

YeshuaFan, I've dealt with this before, not just Christmas but other events in the church that commemorated Christ yet others had their own agendas.

Your Pastor and Elders are the Spiritual leaders and no doubt they pray before every celebration that honors God and His Only Begotten Son. I would strongly suggest you call out these members on social media - nip it in the bud.

Hello brothers and sisters;

hit the nail on the head and I cannot articulate a better way of sharing the Reason for the Season as he just did.

YeshuaFan, I've dealt with this before, not just Christmas but other events in the church that commemorated Christ yet others had their own agendas.

Your Pastor and Elders are the Spiritual leaders and no doubt they pray before every celebration that honors God and His Only Begotten Son. I would strongly suggest you call out these members on social media - nip it in the bud.
The Pastors have tried to meet the family in thier homes, but they decided to take it public on church facebook

The Pastors have tried to meet the family in thier homes, but they decided to take it public on church facebook

I hear you, YeshuaFan, and have been there. After meeting with them one on one, I had to love them and let them go.

The Pastors and Elders can shake the dust off their feet, move on with the rest of the flock but keep this family in prayer. The Lord sees the hearts of all of us.

I hear you, YeshuaFan, and have been there. After meeting with them one on one, I had to love them and let them go.

The Pastors and Elders can shake the dust off their feet, move on with the rest of the flock but keep this family in prayer. The Lord sees the hearts of all of us.
The Family is moving into dangerous Charismatic circles, as they are into visions and prophecies, and are saying that one must move into those areas!

The Family is moving into dangerous Charismatic circles, as they are into visions and prophecies, and are saying that one must move into those areas!
Prophecies? (Here's a question to ask them). "Do you mean to say that their 'prophesied Word' is to be taken as Scripture? If not, why not?"

This is why I don't use facebook, too much drama. Let them have their opinion, but if they don't really wanna be part of your church congregation, then why are they even bothering to comment.

Churches put on events year round, you don't have to go or participate in every single one. I've seen christmas trees inside some churches, it's a bit weird but a lot of people still hold to their pagan traditions. Although I have heard that one of the origins of the christmas tree is that it represents one of the two trees in the original garden of eden - I'll let you figure out which one it is.

Most churches have nativity scenes.

Whatever they are trying to do, they are not prophets, at least true prophets...

1 John 4:1 (KJV) Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
They are not being led by the Holy Spirit, as causing division in the local body!

We have a family in our church going on the church facebook page and calling out pastorsd and elders for teaching heresy as we have a christmas tree and dare to hold a christmas service, any hear deal with this before?
its NOT pagan it only becomes pagan if one makes it . nothing wrong with a tree

I guess it's not pagan if it's inside a church?

Lots of people bring evergreen trees/branches/leaves inside for winter, as they can't go out when it's snowing and appreciate them.

You might as well ban decorating with flowers to celebrate spring.

Back