Question on Christmas being Pagan?

I just think it's weird because it's summer here at Christmas time and we have plenty of evergreen trees all the time outside. No need to chop one down to bring inside or put up fake ones.

I believe that it is the commercialization of the Incarnation that is offensive and because Christians may commercialize it, it doesn't make it less offensive. .

where did you get this at?
well it is pagan isn't it? Decorating trees isn't really in the Bible.
Waving palms is, and cutting down branches for sukkot is. But I don't read anything cutting down and decorating evergreen trees and putting gifts under it. Plus everyone who wants to does it, even if you don't believe in God.

We have a family in our church going on the church facebook page and calling out pastorsd and elders for teaching heresy as we have a christmas tree and dare to hold a christmas service, any hear deal with this before?

YES.

Many years ago, the church I was called to did the very same thing. Big tree in the worship center, presents under the tree and all the trimmings.

For my Christmas sermon that 1st year, I went into detail why what they were doing was PAGAN. I explained to them that it was not acceptable and that we as a church would not be doing it anymore. I also told them that from now on the tree would be replaced with a manger scene and with all that came with it.

About 5 people were angry and said that they would be leaving the church. I said goodbye to them because that kind of religion was done and it was why that church was stagnant.

That was 26 years ago and the attendance increased 10 fold after that.

Never ever compromise with the world!!!!

This is why I don't use facebook, too much drama. Let them have their opinion, but if they don't really wanna be part of your church congregation, then why are they even bothering to comment.

Churches put on events year round, you don't have to go or participate in every single one. I've seen christmas trees inside some churches, it's a bit weird but a lot of people still hold to their pagan traditions. Although I have heard that one of the origins of the christmas tree is that it represents one of the two trees in the original garden of eden - I'll let you figure out which one it is.

Most churches have nativity scenes.
Druid priests in Great Britain also used evergreen plants and mistletoe in pagan ceremonies, and the mistletoe plant was the symbol of the birth of a god. Celtic Druids and Norseman of Scandinavia also used mistletoe in a mysterious ceremony just after the winter solstice.

I agree with the addition of "forth" telling the Word of God that has already been written by God.
I was referring to the OT Jewish prophets which these neoprophets are not. They received revelation from God which eventually was written down. The words of these neoprophets aren’t worth the paper from the 99¢ Store.

I was referring to the OT Jewish prophets which these neoprophets are not. They received revelation from God which eventually was written down. The words of these neoprophets aren’t worth the paper from the 99¢ Store.
The Prophet Isaiah and others mocked the Pagans for having trees and statues and other things as their gods, but that does not apply to a Christmas tree, not unless one bows down and worships it!

Druid priests in Great Britain also used evergreen plants and mistletoe in pagan ceremonies, and the mistletoe plant was the symbol of the birth of a god. Celtic Druids and Norseman of Scandinavia also used mistletoe in a mysterious ceremony just after the winter solstice.
They probably refer to stuff like that, but that is not the context of biblical admonition against trees!

I think you do need to bow down to a tree to open your presents though. Unless you hide them up high in the branches.

I haven't really seen anyone do that. Everyone just piles up the presents at the bottom. I can't even say the roots, because most of the time the tree is cut from its roots. Oh well it makes firewood for the winter I guess.

If you don't have a tree, you just hide your presents in stockings or socks hung over the fireplace to dry.

But I don't even have a fireplace at home. I only have an outdoor bbq. I keep it in the garage when I'm not using it.

Wonder why the christmas tree is an exception?
Isn't it made of wood, also in the OT they were always removing idols and groves, which presumably contained trees as places of idol worship. It wasn't so much the trees themselves, but what they placed under it...or decorate it with (baubles?)

In NZ we have pohutakawa tree, well, only really the North Island has them, and they flower red around christmas time. Actually they are flowering right now. They are known as the NZ christmas tree. If anyone was stupid enough to cut one down and place it inside their home they would kill it.

Back