Question On Communion

I agree.. There is nothing in the Bible that says it should never be done alone.. At the same time, we never see it being done alone :) Let's leave out the exceptions.. If someone is so sick that they cannot come out of house, it is not a reason to deny communion.. I am talking about people who take communion at church and feel that they can take communion additionally at home themselves.. Is that advisable?
You know my view.. I would always do what is good, and a sincere communion is always good. "as oft as ye would"

I asked my pastor also.. His view was, it is okay.. But should be taken very seriously.. Because communion is not to be taken lightly.. As long as the person understands the true meaning of communion, the Lord will honor it.. I agree with that.. But I am hesitant to just do that.. I don't know why :)

I asked my pastor also.. His view was, it is okay.. But should be taken very seriously.. Because communion is not to be taken lightly.. As long as the person understands the true meaning of communion, the Lord will honor it.. I agree with that.. But I am hesitant to just do that.. I don't know why :)
Lets consider those warnings by Paul? They was not made to make communion a "serious" and unhappy act of faith. These warnings where made to those "getting drunk" and being pigs at the Lords table. But no one even puts these warnings in the context they was made, and most believers have your reservations based upon this false understanding of these warnings. Communion should be filled with joy and rejoicing in what the Lord has done for us, that is to understand the Body and the blood, not this depression that mans religion has taught.

We know from the scripture that Christ is the new leaven...so can it only be unleavened bread? Some churches use leavened bread...right wrong or the physical "bread" does not really matter?

We know from the scripture that Christ is the new leaven...so can it only be unleavened bread? Some churches use leavened bread...right wrong or the physical "bread" does not really matter?
No Paul, he was always the bread of life and the old was only a shadow of the communion we have. The leaven is a bit of a mystery, but we know it can represent sin and hypocrisy, which Christ did not have. If any thing was added to Christ we must consider that He was made perfect with the sufferings that belong to us. I believe the early Church used "levened" bread in the understanding of this truth?

I do tile mosaics as a hobby and have looked at many of the floors in some of the early church buildings they always show bread that has risen? I wondered at that and considered why they would have used bread that had leven to represent Christ?

Last edited:
Good question Ravindran!

First let's look at what Jesus instructed, talking to His disciples (not some special priesthood or clergy), "do this in remembrance of me."

There is not any mention of who is to preform it or who can partake of it, ...and even Judas participated, Luke 22:14 it's too bad man has made so many rules and regulations concerning communion that keep people away.

As has been already mentioned the word fellowship is koinonia in the New Testament and the meaning is to have all things in common, with that in mind, I read in 1 John that John wants us to have this same koinonia with Jesus that the disciples had had with Him,

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 1 John 1:1

John is telling us they heard, looked at, contemplated and touched Jesus and he wants us to be able to do the same thing, ...we hear Jesus through His Word, we see Him through the allegorical imagery He presents, we contemplate these Truths as how the are applicable in our lives, but how can we touch Jesus, ..at the Lord's Table, ...Jesus said,

Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 1 Cor 11:24

So mystically and symbolically we can believe we are following His commandment,

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. John 6:53

(Please do not think I'm purporting or in agreement with the heresy of the RCC)

And,

This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 1 Cor 11:25

If we add to that what Paul teaches us that many are weak, sick, and sleep because they have not given the communion the worth or reverence it merits, then we can see from this that there is a worth or reverence that we can give to communion that will heal our weakness, sickness, and prevent us from being taken home too soon (please remember I don't believe in the WoF teachings either, the enemy can not create so he will always try to deceive through imitation), ...so is Paul teaching us there is power in the communion service, ...looks like it, Isaiah tells us,

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. Isa 53:5

So in the taking of communion are we actually handling, touching Jesus, I think we could say yes, if you can accept it, in a mystical sense (just like in holding the photo of one that is no longer with us enables us to see and be with that person for a moment in time mystically), ...we read wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities, that was during His scourging, Paul tells us to judge ourselves, when we come to the Lord's Table, is there a sin hounding us, that has a hold on us, then judge that sin and ask the Lord to liberate us, by His stripes we are healed, we can receive cleansing and healing in our spirits (weak) at the Lord's Table, have we lost our peace, is our soul restless, anxious then we need to judge the reason why and repent and we will be healed emotionally (sick), at the Lord's Table and finally we can come to the Lord's Table and if it's His will be healed physically (sleep),

...in coming to the Lord's Table and giving it the worth, reverence or merit He deserves I prefer to use a loaf of bread, that way I when I tear off a chunk I remember it was because of my sin His body was wounded and bruised, for me it's a constant reminder of my position and state to that of my Lord and God, I break off a large piece to be able to slowly chew the bread 39 times, thus allowing the time for the Holy Spirit to search me and reveal to me my sin, to cleanse me, restore my peace and if He chooses to heal me physically at this time.

After the cleansing and restoration comes the joy, the drinking of His blood, a time of celebration of His New Covenant with mankind, though my sins were as scarlet I have been washed with the blood of the lamb and I'm as white as snow, a child of God, a prince in the Kingdom of God! Halleluiah!!!

That's how we look at communion, we eat at the Lord's Table in our home, whenever and as often as we want, ...personally, I'm such a sinner that the ten-fifteen seconds allotted to us in most church services is not enough time to give the worth and the reverence and to reflect on what He has done for me during their Communion service.

Blessings,

Gene

39 times? This is why the communion has no power in most churches. His Body bore our sins and is not to find our sins. That is to dishonor his Body just as much as those who where being pigs at the Lords Table. We are healed because we are forgiven, because He "bore" our sins and cleansed us of all sin. That's what it means to "discern" the Lords Body. No wonder so many are sick, if they don't understand the truth of the Lords Body?

Here ya go Mitspa, ...correct the Word,

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts, and see if any wicked way is in me; and lead me in the way everlasting. Psa 139:23, 24

Blessings,

Gene

Here ya go Mitspa, ...correct the Word,

Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts, and see if any wicked way is in me; and lead me in the way everlasting. Psa 139:23, 24

Blessings,

Gene
So you think that scripture is the end of all truth? No there was One who came and led us into everlasting Life, and he bore our sins in His own body. That is what is means to discern His Body, it is not a search to justify our flesh.

and lets add the scriptures in context and see if you are using them as you should?

Ps 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Now you think this is a "communion" scripture?

We often take communion in our house. Sometimes the Lord says to one of us, I want you as a family to do communion, so we do. He has also told me personally to do communion. I don't think it is about who is around, it is about real faith, real remembrance, real thankfulness, real worship, real rejoicing in what God has done for us. It is not about doing a ceremony. It is about God seeing a pure and grateful heart. It is an act of love toward God. How could this ever be wrong?

:whistle: Sort of baptism, right? :D

Walk in Holiness, Beloved.

Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
here is what heals in the communion

Here is what needs to be understood (discerned) in the communion, not how much "sin" you have, but how much He has taken for us.

Last edited:
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
here is what heals in the communion

Here is what needs to be understood (discerned) in the communion, not how much "sin" you have, but how much He has taken for us.

"For as often as you break this bread and drink this cup you do show forth the Lord's death 'til He come."
We are sanctified by the second will (testament); one time, for everyone [who will believe and obey].

"For as often as you break this bread and drink this cup you do show forth the Lord's death 'til He come."
We are sanctified by the second will (testament); one time, for everyone [who will believe and obey].
Yes we are declaring His death til He returns , its an act of faith in the truth of His Body that was broken for us..

And you should believe and obey:)

Yes we are declaring His death til He returns , its an act of faith in the truth of His Body that was broken for us
And you should believe and obey:)

You posted after me, what I also said. Why are you trying to provoke me? Do you not love me?
Mitspa, have you not heard? "Love...thinks no evil, rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth, bears all things, endures all things...". If I brought good tidings of the good things the Lord has done for His people, should you not rejoice with me? If I told you that Jesus still heals, and still has compassion: should you not fall on your face and worship Him? What evil have I done to you, that you would provoke me to sin before a people that He is calling to His NAME?

Candelario MarioVilla

You posted after me, what I also said. Why are you trying to provoke me? Do you not love me?
Mitspa, have you not heard? "Love...thinks no evil, rejoices not in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth, bears all things, endures all things...". If I brought good tidings of the good things the Lord has done for His people, should you not rejoice with me? If I told you that Jesus still heals, and still has compassion: should you not fall on your face and worship Him? What evil have I done to you, that you would provoke me to sin before a people that He is calling to His NAME?

Candelario MarioVilla
Just trying to defend Olivia, who Is greatly loved by God, that you continue to harass. And seem to question her salvation based on your lack of understanding in regards to baptism. So love defends the innocent in Christ and upholds the truth. Love also carries a rod, and spanks those who are trying to overturn the faith of Gods children:D

Just trying to defend Olivia, who Is greatly loved by God, that you continue to harass. And seem to question her salvation based on your lack of understanding in regards to baptism. So love defends the innocent in Christ and upholds the truth. Love also carries a rod, and spanks those who are trying to overturn the faith of Gods children:D

You turn the attention to a woman: is she your disciple? I think not. If she is "greatly loved of God", will God not defend her?
"Love defends the innocent in Christ and upholds the truth". You love God's people and truth so much you will defend both?
So the Holy Spirit uses you to execute judgment? And you, Love, have a rod and spank... I see. So as far as you are concerned,
if I am not mistaken, I am trying to overturn the faith of God's children, and you will deal with me? I don't want to, but...
do you really want me to pray about that?

Candelario Mario Villa

You turn the attention to a woman: is she your disciple? I think not. If she is "greatly loved of God", will God not defend her?
"Love defends the innocent in Christ and upholds the truth". You love God's people and truth so much you will defend both?
So the Holy Spirit uses you to execute judgment? And you, Love, have a rod and spank... I see. So as far as you are concerned,
if I am not mistaken, I am trying to overturn the faith of God's children, and you will deal with me? I don't want to, but...
do you really want me to pray about that?

Candelario Mario Villa
Yes please do:D And God calls all his people to defend the faith of His children.

Last edited:
Yes please do:D And God calls all his people to defend the faith of His children.

Father, I come before you in the NAME of the Lord Jesus. I pray for Mitspa: I don't know his real name, but you do. I pray, Father, that you bless Mitspa, that you put your hand upon his eyes that he may see your "...good and acceptable, and perfect
will."
That you give him the calling of Hermano Alba, and confirm it in Mitspa, Lord. Let him have a dime. Don't let him go,
but put a rein of love around him and before him: and let him be a true preacher of your Gospel. Thank you, Father, for hearing my prayer that I have asked you, in that NAME of Jesus.
Let it be, Lord.

Brother Villa.

Back