Question On Communion

Father, I come before you in the NAME of the Lord Jesus. I pray for Mitspa: I don't know his real name, but you do. I pray, Father, that you bless Mitspa, that you put your hand upon his eyes that he may see your "...good and acceptable, and perfect
will."
That you give him the calling of Hermano Alba, and confirm it in Mitspa, Lord. Let him have a dime. Don't let him go,
but put a rein of love around him and before him: and let him be a true preacher of your Gospel. Thank you, Father, for hearing my prayer that I have asked you, in that NAME of Jesus.
Let it be, Lord.

Brother Villa.[/QUOTE]
Well not sure who Hermano is so I reject that in Jesus Name but the rest of it seems ok? So what do you think you have accomplished Mario? I have no witness of your relationship with God or that you have any power in the Spirit?:LOL:

Brother Villa.
Well not sure who Hermano is so I reject that in Jesus Name but the rest of it seems ok? So what do you think you have accomplished Mario? I have no witness of your relationship with God or that you have any power in the Spirit?:LOL:[/QUOTE]

Mitspa, if you had allowed the Holy Spirit of the Lord God to touch you, you would have received a goodly blessing. So you will never have a witness of me: and you have rejected the Lord's blessing.

Well not sure who Hermano is so I reject that in Jesus Name but the rest of it seems ok? So what do you think you have accomplished Mario? I have no witness of your relationship with God or that you have any power in the Spirit?:LOL:

Mitspa, if you had allowed the Holy Spirit of the Lord God to touch you, you would have received a goodly blessing. So you will never have a witness of me: and you have rejected the Lord's blessing.[/QUOTE]
I have rejected that you have any real power with God or any real spiritual authority.

It is clear and evident that on this forum there are wheat and tares, the tares are easily recognized by those that have been regenerated, so what I have to say is addressed to the true wheat.

The distinguishing characteristic of wheat is it's fruit, so it is with us, the world will know we are His children by the love we have for each other, our fruit is Agape love, love that is not human, but is given to us, manifested through us by the presence of the Holy Spirit taking up residence in us.

Each born again child of God has a different walk with the Lord, but we all have the same Father, each one of us has received from Father the specific verse(s) we have needed for the circumstances that have come into our individual lives, but we are all a part of His Church, the Bride of Christ. In all of these different souls that have come together here we have all been taught and helped by the Holy Spirit, ...but not once has what He has taught us go against the written Word.

So may we learn a lesson from our brother Peter,

...as also in all his (Paul) letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, 2 Pe 3:16

Peter is admitting that even though he didn't really understand what Paul was teaching he was confirming it was inspired of the Holy Spirit, ...so is it with us, we have been taught by the Holy Spirit, as long as what we say can't be contradicted by Scripture, if that is the case then we are wrong and need to examine where the false teaching came from, but if what we share is the Truth, just because the Lord hasn't revealed that particular aspect of His Truth to you doesn't mean it is false, but rather you haven't needed or are not ready to learn/receive the lesson yet.

So, please, in the love of Christ, can we show more love and respect for His Children, not one of us has to answer to anyone on this forum, ...but we all have to answer to the One who has called us, so let's all grow together in the grace, love and knowledge of our blessed Lord Jesus Christ.

In His Love,

Gene

It is clear and evident that on this forum there are wheat and tares, the tares are easily recognized by those that have been regenerated, so what I have to say is addressed to the true wheat.

The distinguishing characteristic of wheat is it's fruit, so it is with us, the world will know we are His children by the love we have for each other, our fruit is Agape love, love that is not human, but is given to us, manifested through us by the presence of the Holy Spirit taking up residence in us.

Each born again child of God has a different walk with the Lord, but we all have the same Father, each one of us has received from Father the specific verse(s) we have needed for the circumstances that have come into our individual lives, but we are all a part of His Church, the Bride of Christ. In all of these different souls that have come together here we have all been taught and helped by the Holy Spirit, ...but not once has what He has taught us go against the written Word.

So may we learn a lesson from our brother Peter,

...as also in all his (Paul) letters, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, 2 Pe 3:16

Peter is admitting that even though he didn't really understand what Paul was teaching he was confirming it was inspired of the Holy Spirit, ...so is it with us, we have been taught by the Holy Spirit, as long as what we say can't be contradicted by Scripture, if that is the case then we are wrong and need to examine where the false teaching came from, but if what we share is the Truth, just because the Lord hasn't revealed that particular aspect of His Truth to you doesn't mean it is false, but rather you haven't needed or are not ready to learn/receive the lesson yet.

So, please, in the love of Christ, can we show more love and respect for His Children, not one of us has to answer to anyone on this forum, ...but we all have to answer to the One who has called us, so let's all grow together in the grace, love and knowledge of our blessed Lord Jesus Christ.

In His Love,

Gene
Gene, do you always maintain the standard you are now preaching to others?

here is the scripture you gave to me;)

Ps 139:22 I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Last edited:
I asked my pastor also.. His view was, it is okay.. But should be taken very seriously.. Because communion is not to be taken lightly.. As long as the person understands the true meaning of communion, the Lord will honor it.. I agree with that.. But I am hesitant to just do that.. I don't know why :)
Paul's warning, "So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:27). Because of your very concern over this Ravindran I know you will be taking communion with the utmost respect for the Lord. Those at Corinth were bringing their suppers feasting in front of those who had nothing or getting drunk. You will not and would not do this. I am sure of this.

When Mitspa in the other thread said you should take communion at home, the Lord confirmed in my heart that is exactly what He wanted you to do. You heart is in the right place. You have nothing to worry about.

We know from the scripture that Christ is the new leaven...so can it only be unleavened bread? Some churches use leavened bread...right wrong or the physical "bread" does not really matter?
We know from the scripture that Christ is the new leaven...so can it only be unleavened bread? Some churches use leavened bread...right wrong or the physical "bread" does not really matter?
It doesn't matter what you use. I think it is our faith in what we are doing. God is interested in it being done with a pure heart toward God. We use matzoh because I bought it particularly for this purpose and thought about the connection of yeast to sin, however any bread is fine. Remember, "Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty" (John 6:35).

It doesn't matter what you use. I think it is our faith in what we are doing. God is interested in it being done with a pure heart toward God. We use matzoh because I bought it particularly for this purpose and thought about the connection of yeast to sin, however any bread is fine. Remember, "Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty" (John 6:35).
You know I have never used bread that has leaven either, because I always related it to sin and hypocrisy which we know was never apart of Christ. Until He took our sin and hypocrisy? I know the old mosaics show the bread as a raised loaf, on the floors of the early churches. Maybe they had a understanding we have not yet to see? I know he was made perfect in that He suffered with our sin..so maybe they seen this as the New Risen loaf? Its interesting to me but not effectual as regards to the power of communion in my view.

You know I have never used bread that has leaven either, because I always related it to sin and hypocrisy which we know was never apart of Christ. Until He took our sin and hypocrisy? I know the old mosaics show the bread as a raised loaf, on the floors of the early churches. Maybe they had a understanding we have not yet to see? I know he was made perfect in that He suffered with our sin..so maybe they seen this as the New Risen loaf? Its interesting to me but not effectual as regards to the power of communion in my view.
It could be the verse in John 6:35 is showing he took the sin upon himself, yet is risen.

Yea, I love the mystery. I love seeking after the truth of Christ. I often consider that Paul in one of his last epistles cried from the heart "that I might know Him" A man like Paul after so many years and he still knew that Christ is greater than any mans ability to perceive or understand. "if any man thinks he knows anything, let him admit he knows nothing yet as he should know" One of the first things God taught me, was to always seek to know more and never allow the limits of religion to put me in a box..

Back