Question on faith

Well, not enough, if you are claiming what you've just claimed. You cannot trust online articles and YouTube snippets. People have their own agendas and sour attitudes.
If I cannot trust online articles and YouTube snippets, why do you trust the Word of Faith movement?

God does heal, but it is too simplistic to say that a lack of faith is the reason someone dies of cancer.
There are many theories of what Paul's affliction was in 2 Cor 12:7-10, but what ever it was, it was not God:s will to remove it, even after Pail prayed three times that it be removed.
We must remember that the goodness of God is not measured by His making things comfortable for us. That is man centered thinking.
I truly believe that God is preparing us for an active life of service in His eternal kingdom and we must be taught many things, some being hard truths, in preparation.
Yes, I do not think God is there running after us to supernaturally make all bad things that cross our path disappear. He allows good things and bad things to happen to us, for us to grow, prove our faith, trust in Him, did I mention grow.
How will you grow if everything falls in your lap the whole time - never going to happen. You will have no character man.
Your character is moulded under pressure, extremes to say. God allows what comes to our feet to occur for our own sake. If you decide to turn your back on Him and carry good or bad yourself, then you will reap the rewards of that action, but if you turn to Him and allow Him to take you through that thing, you'll know you to deal with it and would have grown, in faith in God.
God allows bad things to happen to you for your own sake.
You grow nothing if you are not tested, whether tested by God or tested by an earthly situation or whether by satan himself.

Um, I am kind of new to the praying thing but I hope this helps.

We do not pray to ask God for something, we pray to talk to him, to tell him our fears and hopes, and to ask for guidance. We ask him to look over our loved ones in His way, not ours, we ask him to forgive us and to be with us and we ask him to take care of us all.

IN HIS OWN WAY
Like what you said.
Question.
Does asking why and faith coexist?

What do you believe is the Word of Faith doctrine?
Doesn't matter to me. I go by what the word of God says. The devil's goal is to take a truth, slice it up, dish it out with his flavoring and now it becomes a forbidden subject. Like "meditation": people think "indian gurus" and now it's a stolen, twisted truth. Instead of muttering the word of God, people think cross your legs, empty your minds and chant... Stick to the whole word of God and leave the labeling of things in the garbage where it belongs.

Doesn't matter to me. I go by what the word of God says. The devil's goal is to take a truth, slice it up, dish it out with his flavoring and now it becomes a forbidden subject. Like "meditation": people think "indian gurus" and now it's a stolen, twisted truth. Instead of muttering the word of God, people think cross your legs, empty your minds and chant... Stick to the whole word of God and leave the labeling of things in the garbage where it belongs.
So you DON'T believe in the Word of Faith doctrine?

So you DON'T believe in the Word of Faith doctrine?
I only know this:

Romans 10:8 (KJV)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;​

I don't have a clue what that label is to answer your question. So if you ask me what is "word of faith" I'll give you next verse:

Romans 10:9 (KJV)
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.​

I only know this:

Romans 10:8 (KJV)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, [even] in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;​

I don't have a clue what that label is to answer your question. So if you ask me what is "word of faith" I'll give you next verse:

Romans 10:9 (KJV)
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.​
Oh, well that is not the Word of Faith movement. It's just the Bible, and does not relate to the movement at all.

sickness and disease are of the curse which was loosed by sin.
If you arte trying to trip me up here ( lol ) many things can cause cancer from sun to food to this and that.
Blessings
jim
No, I meant, can we 100% say, that if someone has cancer, or dies from cancer that sin in their lives are the cause? No tripping intended. I thing you answered this above.
We will agree though, that if what happened in the garden of eden did not happen, these issues of illness probably would not have received the air-time it gets. AS you say, cancer from too much sun - so if that happens to the farmer who is permanently in the field, then it surely was not due to sin, or lack of faith, but simply as it's part of life that can happen to you.
So this is something bad that happens to someone, without him necessarily deserving it - especially if we know this man is a passionate follower of Christ yielding much fruit.
So what now? How is this bad thing coming over this person's life? Surely God should have stopped it?
But He did not, so, this bad thing happened for a reason, nothing is coincidence. Therefore God allowed it to happen, even though it was bad. To show His glory? To show a miracle to an unbeliever friend/neighbour? To test the person/s? To grow his faith? To bring him to another place where He wants him? Who knows, but it will be to the glory of the most high God.
I do believe it is God's will to heal any illness - but, it's on His terms, not ours.

No, I meant, can we 100% say, that if someone has cancer, or dies from cancer that sin in their lives are the cause? No tripping intended. I thing you answered this above.
We will agree though, that if what happened in the garden of eden did not happen, these issues of illness probably would not have received the air-time it gets. AS you say, cancer from too much sun - so if that happens to the farmer who is permanently in the field, then it surely was not due to sin, or lack of faith, but simply as it's part of life that can happen to you.
So this is something bad that happens to someone, without him necessarily deserving it - especially if we know this man is a passionate follower of Christ yielding much fruit.
So what now? How is this bad thing coming over this person's life? Surely God should have stopped it?
But He did not, so, this bad thing happened for a reason, nothing is coincidence. Therefore God allowed it to happen, even though it was bad. To show His glory? To show a miracle to an unbeliever friend/neighbour? To test the person/s? To grow his faith? To bring him to another place where He wants him? Who knows, but it will be to the glory of the most high God.
I do believe it is God's will to heal any illness - but, it's on His terms, not ours.
Do you not believe healing is part of salvation? The positive (spiritual) is so much greater than the negative (our current journey).
Salvation is complete sickness is of the devil and he has been defeated.
We can rest assured that God's Word will but we do not know the time table.
got to go
God bless

See here is the problem when we think like this. God allowed it as if He had a choice. God allows this for glory unto Him even if we do not see it...
The curse was loosed......it operates. God neither allows it on some and keeps it from others by what ever His reasons are. God does not operate like this. We have been redeemed from the curse of the Law which includes sickness. It is up to us to put Gods word to work in our lives or not.

If you go by this God allowed it to happen thinking then..........The pastor comes home to only find out his loving wife has been cheating and catches them. He gets mad at God for allowing it to happen and gets crocked and runs his car into a bridge. With this thinking God allows things then God aloud this pastors wife to cheat and the pastor to run his car into a bridge.
Wow this would be double minded God who loves and hates His people.
No bad choices in both. Man has authority over much down here in this earth or another words God has put some things into the hands of man.

Goes back to Deut. Choose Him and choose life....choose you and choose death.
Any time we make a choice it has an out come. Good Christians can chose to not forgive and run their mouth about so and so.........This good christian just gave satan a right he did not have coming to him by stepping out of love and speaking out of the flesh...
This is simply how things work...God gets blamed for more things he did not have a single thing to do with every single day.

Jim

See here is the problem when we think like this. God allowed it as if He had a choice. God allows this for glory unto Him even if we do not see it...
The curse was loosed......it operates. God neither allows it on some and keeps it from others by what ever His reasons are. God does not operate like this. We have been redeemed from the curse of the Law which includes sickness. It is up to us to put Gods word to work in our lives or not.

If you go by this God allowed it to happen thinking then..........The pastor comes home to only find out his loving wife has been cheating and catches them. He gets mad at God for allowing it to happen and gets crocked and runs his car into a bridge. With this thinking God allows things then God aloud this pastors wife to cheat and the pastor to run his car into a bridge.
Wow this would be double minded God who loves and hates His people.
No bad choices in both. Man has authority over much down here in this earth or another words God has put some things into the hands of man.

Goes back to Deut. Choose Him and choose life....choose you and choose death.
Any time we make a choice it has an out come. Good Christians can chose to not forgive and run their mouth about so and so.........This good christian just gave satan a right he did not have coming to him by stepping out of love and speaking out of the flesh...
This is simply how things work...God gets blamed for more things he did not have a single thing to do with every single day.

Jim
But I'm sure that not everyone blames God when something bad happens to them.
But to say, no, bad things happen to people because they have un-forgiveness in their hearts or some form of sin - is that not wrong on our part? We do not see the things of the heart - only God does.
Your example about the cheating wife is a perfect flip coin for the good farmer with cancer I put forward earlier. Yet, does not cancel the other. There is too much bad happening to good people out there today that does not fit into the boxes we are trying to create for them.
Definitely, I have to study more on this.

Do you not believe healing is part of salvation? The positive (spiritual) is so much greater than the negative (our current journey).
Salvation is complete sickness is of the devil and he has been defeated.
We can rest assured that God's Word will but we do not know the time table.
got to go
God bless
Yes, I do - scripture is clearly linking salvation and healing together.
And yet so many good people have bad things happen to them. So many good Christian people die of cancer.
From some statements it almost sounds as if we are saying that because they did not receive healing, they could possibly not have received salvation either, or there is sin in their heart.
We cannot say that - we do not have right to.
There is something more to a person receiving healing or not than we can explain at this point in time, but we have to be clear on one thing.
We are not to blame God at any time, and we are to always trust in Him and continually pray for such amongst us who do suffer in any way.

Back