Questions On The Book Of Revelations

I'm not part of a cult, but recently I have listening to Shepherd's Chapel.

sara......please be enlightened!!!

Shephards Chapel is a CULT. The Bible theology from there comes from Murry Arnold's mind not the Word of God.

He is bazaar to say the least and I encourage you to look to the Lord Jesus not a man.

thought this might be of service to Sarah, note the bolded text

The Day of Pentecost
1When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place.2And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.3And there appeared to them tongues as of fire distributing themselves, and they rested on each one of them.4And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
5Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven.6And when this sound occurred, the crowd came together, and were bewildered because each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language.7They were amazed and astonished, saying, “Why, are not all these who are speaking Galileans?8“And how is it that we each hear them in our own language to which we were born?9“Parthians and Medes and Elamites, and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the districts of Libya around Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,11Cretans and Arabs—we hear them in our own tongues speaking of the mighty deeds of God.”12And they all continued in amazement and great perplexity, saying to one another, “What does this mean?”13But others were mocking and saying, “They are full of sweet wine.”
Peter’s Sermon
14But Peter, taking his stand with the eleven, raised his voice and declared to them: “Men of Judea and all you who live in Jerusalem, let this be known to you and give heed to my words.15“For these men are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only the third hour of the day;16but this is what was spoken of through the prophet Joel:
17‘AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,’ God says,
‘T
HAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALLMANKIND;
A
ND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY,
A
ND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS,
A
ND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;

18EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN,
I
WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT
And they shall prophesy.

19‘AND I WILL GRANT WONDERS IN THE SKY ABOVE
AND SIGNS ON THE EARTH BELOW,
B
LOOD, AND FIRE, AND VAPOR OF SMOKE.

20‘THE SUN WILL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS
AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD,
B
EFORE THE GREAT AND GLORIOUS DAY OF THE LORD SHALL COME.

21‘AND IT SHALL BE THATEVERYONE WHOCALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.’
22“Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know—23this Man, delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put Him to death.24“But God raised Him up again, putting an end to the agony of death, since it was impossible for Him to be held in its power.
25“For David says of Him,
‘I
SAW THE LORD ALWAYS IN MY PRESENCE;
F
OR HE IS AT MY RIGHT HAND, SO THAT I WILL NOT BE SHAKEN.

26‘THEREFORE MY HEART WAS GLAD AND MY TONGUE EXULTED;
M
OREOVER MY FLESH ALSO WILL LIVE IN HOPE;

27BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT ABANDON MY SOUL TO HADES,
N
ORALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TOUNDERGO DECAY.

28‘YOU HAVE MADE KNOWN TO ME THE WAYS OF LIFE;
Y
OU WILL MAKE ME FULL OF GLADNESS WITH YOUR PRESENCE.’

Thanks for all the prayers. Sorry, but I think Shepherd's Chapel is something I'm still going to watch. I respect that he reaches people all over the world and teaches the Bible. I don't teach anyone the Bible. The miracle of the followers of Jesus speaking in tongues is definitely a miracle that really helps me to believe that Jesus is the Messiah and everything in the Bible is true. Thanks for all the support and help. I think I may have distracted everyone from Revelation!

Thanks for all the prayers. Sorry, but I think Shepherd's Chapel is something I'm still going to watch. I respect that he reaches people all over the world and teaches the Bible. I don't teach anyone the Bible. The miracle of the followers of Jesus speaking in tongues is definitely a miracle that really helps me to believe that Jesus is the Messiah and everything in the Bible is true. Thanks for all the support and help. I think I may have distracted everyone from Revelation!
Don't worry about distracting people so long as it is for a worthwhile cause.....Your spiritual needs would be a good example. Last time I checked, Jesus died for people....no mention that He was crucified to save Bible studies.
As for this person Major is getting all steamed up about:
1 I'd recommend that you trust his counsel. ( Major, I'll PM you my Post Box address so you can pay me a commission:sneaky:)
2 I have no idea about who you are discussing.
That means that he has very little if any coverage up here in Australia, and it means that his ministry is not a 'must have' for understanding the Bible, the gospel, salvation etc.
You just let Jesus take good care of you.

Shepherd's Chapel is a TV program led by two different pastors in the USA last time I checked. I like watching the show, but I haven't watched that many episodes.

It is NOT hard to research this so-called ministry. I suggest you do so and see what Pastor Murray IS teaching. From my view, teaching against the Trinity, is heretical.

"Christ is your spiritual Husband. You should remain a spiritual virgin until He returns (II Corinthians 11:2). For Christ Himself said; "Woe to them that are with child in those days!" (Mark 13:17). If your spiritual Husband has been on a long journey and finds you with child when He returns, then you have been impregnated (deceived) with the mark of the false messiah, and worshipped Satan in the last hour. Study God's Word."
This is from his page. Can someone please explain this?

"Christ is your spiritual Husband. You should remain a spiritual virgin until He returns (II Corinthians 11:2). For Christ Himself said; "Woe to them that are with child in those days!" (Mark 13:17). If your spiritual Husband has been on a long journey and finds you with child when He returns, then you have been impregnated (deceived) with the mark of the false messiah, and worshipped Satan in the last hour. Study God's Word."

The passage from Mark has been taken out of context. Whoever wrote the passage you quoted has used things out of context and its all rather showmanship and over dramatic.

However what is correct, Christ is seen as the Groom and the church as the Bride and in essence we are all brides of Christ, see parable of the Virgins, matthew 25 :1-13, Those of us who are not ready or unfaithful will not go to be with Christ, in other words only genuine believers who know Christ personally will go with Him.

It is also useful to learn about Jewish customs, find out what happens in a traditional wedding ceremony and the build up for it. This whole coming for the Bride is another point which gives support to rapture.

During the Tribulation, anyone taking the Mark of The Beast will be spiritually corrupted beyond salvation and will not enter heaven. Rather simple and straight forward.

Tink,

It seems like you are all over the place in the Bible-this can really drive you stir crazy when trying to absorb a bunch of 'doctrines'. Honestly, the most reliable source I have when I read the Bible is -the Spirit. Yes; commentaries can be useful and, counsel is necessary-but if it just don't pass the common sense and simple logic test-then it just might be doo doo.

I praise you for your eagerness and hunger: however, I can tell you from personal experience, that my first 2 years as a Christian (being saved) I probably did more damage than any good. You show wisdom in your inquires-and yes there are lots of different "doctrines" in the Bible. Something I had to learn to do was to 'keep my eyes on the prize'. Start any search for the truth in scripture by reminding yourself of the basics.

Our foundation is the Gospel:

Why do we need salvation?
What are we being saved from?
Who provides salvation?
How do you acquire salvation?
When is the time for salvation?
Where is the place of salvation?

If the doctrine doesn't jive with the foundation-then it probably doesn't reside on the same Rock we are on...it might just be in the 'sinking sand.'

Like Agricola said-it seems out of context. I think the author of the aforementioned paragraph threw some scripture in the blender to see what would come out. I think he was trying portray the idea of giving our spirits away to 'other gods' would be like cheating on Christ-which in essence is correct. But to use literal scripture to translate the physical to the spiritual doesn't make sense. The scripture from Mark is a physical reference whereas the scripture from II Corinthians is a spiritual reference. Follow me thus far?

Mark- is what will happen in the future physically: 14 "But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: 15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house: 16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment. 17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter. 19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be."

II Corinthians-is the preparation of your spirit for Christ: 1"Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him."

I think as you grow-you will cultivate a spirit of discernment for such things; it is good that you seek-you will find. I think I can understand what the author's point is, but it is not a good mix of scripture.

TIP: when reading quoted scripture-always read AROUND- the scripture...

The passage from Mark has been taken out of context. Whoever wrote the passage you quoted has used things out of context and its all rather showmanship and over dramatic.

However what is correct, Christ is seen as the Groom and the church as the Bride and in essence we are all brides of Christ, see parable of the Virgins, matthew 25 :1-13, Those of us who are not ready or unfaithful will not go to be with Christ, in other words only genuine believers who know Christ personally will go with Him.

It is also useful to learn about Jewish customs, find out what happens in a traditional wedding ceremony and the build up for it. This whole coming for the Bride is another point which gives support to rapture.

During the Tribulation, anyone taking the Mark of The Beast will be spiritually corrupted beyond salvation and will not enter heaven. Rather simple and straight forward.

Not only is it simple and straight forward, it seems rather "literal" to me.

This cut & paste seems out of context based on the two verses cited. I am NOT of the opinion that Jesus' bride is the church, if you read Rev 21:9, the bride of the Lamb is the NEW Jerusalem.

Sara........Arnold Murry, leader of the Shephard Chapel DOES NOT BELIEVE IN NEITHER DOES HE TEACH THE TRINITY.

Speaking in tongues is NOT a miracle neither is it proof of being saved in fact it may be just the opposite.

The Bible actually tells us NOT to want to speek in tongues at all but to seek wisdom and love instead.

A rnold Murray teaches the heresy known as modalism, that God is one person who takes three forms: the Father who became the Son who became the Holy Spirit. Also, the Shepherd's Chapel teaches what is called the Christian Identity movement. This is the belief that the British and, therefore, the Americans and Canadians, are the true descendants of the ancient Israelites, the 10 lost tribes. This later doctrine is very often used by militia groups to support racist ideologies.

@ Rusty and Stan, could you please explain it to me though? Again, just a little confused. Thank you!

It's not in full context Life, but he is making an assertion using scripture, that he thinks supports his assertion, when in fact they don't and make his assertion totally out of context. Seem he wants people to think that Christ is our spiritual husband, when in fact scripture tells us Christ is our saviour and joint heir when we accept Him. I have NO idea what a 'spiritual virgin' is supposed to be, other than someone who has NEVER had a spiritual experience. It's basically just nonsense. ALL fluff no substance.

@ Stan. Thank you. Could you elaborate on a few thing? For example, what is a spiritual husband (I've heard this before now that I think about it)? Is that a bad thing to think if we also believe Jesus is our savior?

Back