Rainbows

Matt 12:39 NIV He answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.
I find it really funny that tradition overrules God's promise concerning this very promised verse making it so it cannot be found without fuzzy math. Other wrong traditions are the Noah's ark in Turkey, Mount Sinai in the Sinai peninsula, temple location on the temple mount, the three wise men at the nativity. All cemented traditions that won't be accepted because they reveal the truth of the word of God.

The truth is: God keep His promises, Jesus died on Wednesday, Noah's ark is in Iran, Mount Sinai is in Saudi Arabia and the temple site is 1000 feet south of the Wailing Wall, and the wise me (number not given) showed up at Jesus' door of a house in Bethlehem when He was almost two years old.

Yea, I bet they had rainbows before and just ignored them thinking...oh those things. They just a trick of the light. God had to get their attention some other way.

Yea, I bet they had rainbows before and just ignored them thinking...oh those things. They just a trick of the light. God had to get their attention some other way.
Nope... there was nothing special about Jesus that made Him stand out except His obedience to the will of the Holy Spirit. After His resurrection He appeared to many, and they didn't recognize Him, and there was nothing physically special ever mentioned about Jesus except for His scars which He can conceal because the two on the road didn't see them and know it was Him until after He broke bread. Then when He appeared to them in the house, He had to show them His scars.

John was priveliged to see that, and also he had the vision which you can read in Revelation.
Also Paul was near blinded by his glory.

His robes were shiny white, and also when Jesus ascended to heaven in the clouds, rainbow of glory would have been all around him. He us coming back the same way.

As we believers, we see rainbows. Unbelievers have to accept Jesus death for them before they see the rainbows.

One time, after fasting a lot, God answered by sending me rainbows, wherever I travelled there were rainbows. It was kind of surreal, but it was real.

Only He could do that. Nobody else saw them in the exact same way I saw them...but then maybe a lot of people were praying or fasting at the same time as me and getting their prayers all answered at once so IDK. God works in mysterious ways, they say.

His robes were shiny white, and also when Jesus ascended to heaven in the clouds, rainbow of glory would have been all around him. He us coming back the same way.

As we believers, we see rainbows. Unbelievers have to accept Jesus death for them before they see the rainbows.

How do you know that there was a "rainbow of glory all around Him"???

This discussion is getting weirder and weirder with increasingly fluffy thinking. The rainbow is a phenomenon caused by nature, but before it first appeared, it had NEVER appeared. The conditions in the atmosphere at that time were NEVER right to produce a prism. It is a (now) natural occurrence with a supernatural beginning. We are to remember God's promise to the earth and its inhabitants--that is ALL.

Last edited:
If I create a rainbow with my garden hose, does that mean I'm in God's favor?

Yes, the rainbow was a sign from God to be a reminder that he won't flood the earth. And that's it.

Remember, prior to the flood, rain didn't exist, the world was a different place, and rainbows didn't happen.

Yes, rainbows are pretty, yes they are a creation from God. But I find no spiritual backing for it to be a sign that rainbows are affirmations of God for personal difficulties. They are simply a common occurrence now, like rain.

I find it really funny that tradition overrules God's promise concerning this very promised verse making it so it cannot be found without fuzzy math. Other wrong traditions are the Noah's ark in Turkey, Mount Sinai in the Sinai peninsula, temple location on the temple mount, the three wise men at the nativity. All cemented traditions that won't be accepted because they reveal the truth of the word of God.

The truth is: God keep His promises, Jesus died on Wednesday, Noah's ark is in Iran, Mount Sinai is in Saudi Arabia and the temple site is 1000 feet south of the Wailing Wall, and the wise me (number not given) showed up at Jesus' door of a house in Bethlehem when He was almost two years old.
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew about Jesus' death day, but not about many other things you have mentioned.

If I create a rainbow with my garden hose, does that mean I'm in God's favor?

Yes, the rainbow was a sign from God to be a reminder that he won't flood the earth. And that's it.

Remember, prior to the flood, rain didn't exist, the world was a different place, and rainbows didn't happen.

Yes, rainbows are pretty, yes they are a creation from God. But I find no spiritual backing for it to be a sign that rainbows are affirmations of God for personal difficulties. They are simply a common occurrence now, like rain.

Thanks Klub,
I have been reading through here and waiting for the end of this thread so i could say the same things with the garden hose !! :cool:
Blessings
Jim

Back