re: Lazarus, the parable of the rich man and the beggar

According to the next verse, the context of the "spirits in prison" refers to those who lived in the "prison house of sin" before the flood to which Jesus plead for their repentance through the preaching of Noah, not some subterranean fiery torture chamber when He died on the cross. Hades refers to the "grave" or "the place of the dead", which is in the ground where they await the resurrection. Hades is NEVER translated as the "fiery, burning, blazing" hell that is "Gehenna". BTW, this is proof that the "soul' does not fly off to heaven at death, for Jesus' soul was not up, it was down.
They had names they could use for the grave, that would be "grave" and "tomb". Why give it a proper name? And why not use Hades in the gospel accounts of the resurrection?

Where does God keep these souls until resurrection? You seem to be saying He puts them back in the "soul bucket" and then will get them back out again for the resurrection. So He is re-creating these souls, again? Why can't Hades be that "place" He reserves them until judgment? The more you explain, the further you seem to get from the Bible.
Good question. I hope my answer is Biblical enough for you. If we refer to how a soul is built, then we can see what happens when it is dismantled.
"God formed man of the dust of the ground, breathed into his nostrils the breath (spirit) of life, and man became a living soul."
"So the dust shall return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return to the God Who gave it.'

Here, we see that a soul exists as a combination of the body and spirit (life giving principle that animates non-living things):
Body + Spirit = Living Soul

The opposite takes place at death:

Body - Spirit = Dead Soul

A lightbulb that has electric current passed through it emits light.
If the electric current is removed, does the light continue to exist in some subterranean chamber, in "Abraham's Bosom" , or some other fanciful place? No, it CEASES TO BE. In the same way, at the death of any creature, be it a righteous, wicked, or even an animal, the Spirit of God returns to Him, their bodies return to the earth, and that which became a living soul becomes a dead soul, which ceases to be. The Bible says of the wicked, "They shall be as though they had not been"; it does not say that they shall continue to be, or exist, in torments for all eternity.

All I can say to you is that I quoted the exact Words found in the Scriptures as you requested. Do you really think that I did not know exactly what your response would be? I knew you would use the comments that you used to make your opinion valid.

Revelation 20:10 is clear and understandable and it is the answer to you question. The wicked lost will be preserved in judgment BUT NOT ANNIHILATED. There will be never ending mental agony and physical suffering. The wicked lost Christ rejecters scoff at the concept of anyone or anything being preserved in fire.

How quickly we forget that which we do not believe to begin with. Was it not Christ Himself that spoke out of a BURNING bush and yet the bush was not consumed? Were not the 3 Hebrew children delivered from the firey furnace and one like the Son of God was there with them and they were not harmed neither did they even smell of smoke?

Mark 9:49English (ESV)
" For everyone will be salted with fire".

It would be a lot easier for you Phoneman to simply say....."I do not believe that Luke 16 is part of the Bible" than it is to work so hard to support a belief that does not exist in any way in the Bible.

Now, you are not going to like what I say to you now, and you will of course reject it, but this teaching of ANNILIAHTION which you are working so very hard to believe actually comes from some cult groups and the biggest of them are the Jehovah Witnesses.
That is because they deny the existence of hell. and heaven. So in order to get around the doctrine of hell which is taught in so many places in Scripture, a new teaching was needed and that was annihilation. I just wanted you to be completely aware of what you are espousing.

Lets consider the Scriptures that you are rejecting. They can not be "explained away" my brother. They are either accepted or rejected.
This is a rather long post which I hate to do but it seems at this point it is needed to show my brother Phoneman his erroneous teaching on "anniliahtion".

Mat 18:8 KJV...........
"Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire."

Here the Bible is very clear that the fire will be everlasting. "pur to aiwnion" (pur to aionion) which translated means "the eternal fire." The punishment will be eternal.

Mat 25:41 KJV...........
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

This verse is teaching the same thing which Matthew 18:8 is teaching with the same Greek words, an eternal fire.

Mat 25:46 KJV.........
" And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal."

This verse teaches the same truth except there is a different word used instead of fire and it is the word ""kolasis" which means a judicial penalty, punishment, or chastisement. It used in 1 John 4:18 where it is translated "torment." If a person is annihilated or ceases to exist, then how could they experience an eternal punishment.

2 Th 1:9 KJV .......
"Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power".

This almost seems like an oxymoron for how can one be destroyed eternally? However, this is a word which is defined by the context in which it is used. The term is used in 1 Thessalonians 5:3, "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." The term for destruction is "oleqron" (olethron) which means a "destruction, ruin, or death." So there is no conflict in using this word because in 1 Thess. 5:3, the destruction is sudden but in 2 Thess 1:9 the destruction lasts eternally. The first, destruction is on earth but the second destruction is in Hell.

Mark 3:29 (KJV) ........
"But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation"
The words here may also be translated "eternal judgment." This shows that the blaspheming of the Holy Spirit carries with it the penalty of eternality under judgment.

Jude 1:7 (KJV) ............
"Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Here we see a great example of what the fires of hell are going to be like. All those who are not found in Christ will suffer eternal fire. Sodom and Gomorrha showed us that God’s judgment will be swift but the penalty He prescribes will be eternal which was prefigured by the fires which destroyed Sodom and Gomorrha.

Mat 8:29 9KJV)...........
"And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?"

This is an interesting verse. The demons knew who Christ was and are definitely cognizant of the fact they will face torment after they are thrown into hell on the last day. Notice the phrase "before the time" because they know the time is coming when they shall be cast into hell eternally.

Rev 14:11 9KJV)............
" And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name."

Now here is a passage which states explicitly that their torment will be suffered forever. The word torment is "basanismos" (basanismos) which means torture or torment and is peculiar to the Book of Revelation. Now if a person is annihilated and ceases to exist, then how would that person suffer torment for eternity? The answer is simple, it cannot. If something does not exist or ceases to exist then they simply cannot experience anything good or bad.

Mark 9:43-48 (KJV) ...........
And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {44} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. {45} And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {46} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. {47} And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: {48} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Here are some of the most ominous verses in Scripture which teach that anyone unsaved will be cast into hell’s fire and that fire will never be quenched. The word is "sbennumi" (sbennumi) which means "to extinguish, suppress or subdue." This fire will never be subdued or lessened.
Notice also the verses speak of a worm. Jesus is speaking of the worm in context of the Gehenna garbage dump in which human bodies were sometimes thrown into. The term "worm " may also be translated maggots and the Gehenna fires gave the maggots an unending source of food. So the sinner in hell also gives the fire an unending source of fuel since it will take all eternity to pay for their sins and this is why the fire can never go out. The worm could have two possible definitions or maybe more but I would like to offer two. Keep in mind that whatever this worm is, it will never die which means it is eternal and not annihilated.

1) Everyone who is cast into hell will have all the lusts and desires they had on earth, but will never be able to have them fulfilled. For example, if a person consistently lusts after sex, they may have the strongest desire for sex in hell but that craving will never be satisfied.
2) They will have full recall of all the times they heard the gospel and mocked and rejected it. This worm might be the recollections of those mockings and rejections. The lusts and recollections will eat away at a person as a lion eats its prey. Remember how fully cognizant the rich man was in hell, his senses and his recall were not diminished in the least.

I have given you sufficient amount of Scripture which completely refutes the idea that there will be annihilation after judgment. The truth of Scripture reveals that after the Great White Throne judgment the unbeliever will be required by penalty of God’s law to pay for their own sins in an eternity in hell and that hell will be a real place of torment away from the presence of the Lord. If you are relying on no eternal punishment because your leaders have told you this, then they have lied to you. It is just that simple.
You can comment, debate, make sarcastic comments all you want, but I say once again to you that there is no such thing in the holy Scriptures as annihilation of the body, soul and spirit.

The Bible does say that there will be some who will be in the midst of fire for all eternity:

Isaiah 33:14-16 "The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil; He shall dwell on high: his place of defence [shall be] the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters [shall be] sure."

You see, Major, it is the RIGHTEOUS who will be in the midst of consuming fire for all eternity, but will not burn up, because "our God is a consuming fire". The WICKED cannot stand in the sight of such a holy, consuming fire, and are BURNED UP, not BURNED FOREVER!

The Bible does say that there will be some who will be in the midst of fire for all eternity:

Isaiah 33:14-16 "The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil; He shall dwell on high: his place of defence [shall be] the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters [shall be] sure."

You see, Major, it is the RIGHTEOUS who will be in the midst of consuming fire for all eternity, but will not burn up, because "our God is a consuming fire". The WICKED cannot stand in the sight of such a holy, consuming fire, and are BURNED UP, not BURNED FOREVER!

So now you are telling me that the RIGHTEOUS, the SAVED are going to be in the fire and the wicked lost will be burned up and consumed.

Phoneman. I fear that we are getting very close to having this thread closed. What you have just said is EXACTLY opposite of all Bible Scripture.
So my choice is accept your theology or stand with the COMPLETE Bible. Not much of a choice is it????

However, I will tell you that your theology is so flawed that in my years of Bible study and Christian work, I have not seen anyone as confused and wrong as you are. I am not saying that to hurt you or in any way to take respect from you as a person. It is just that you do not seem to have the ability to understand the Scripture outside of your own narrow agenda of what YOU want them to say. Because of that you make the most obscure statements what you demand that they say and frankly ..... you are wrong!

You used Isaiah 33:14-16 to make your point, but your exegesis is completely wrong...again. Isaiah said that the person who is God is the devouring fire. He is so awesome in His judgment that only the righteous will be spared and that is confirmed by Jesus in Matthew 24:22.

LOOK at Is. 33:14.........14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; trembling has seized the godless:

It is the wicked lost not the righteous!! You have completely misunderstood the words of Isiah!

The Targum on this verse is worthy of notice: "The sinners in Zion are broken down; fear hath seized the ungodly, who are suffering for their ways. They say, Who among us shall dwell in Zion, where the splendor of the Divine Majesty is like a consuming fire? Who of us shall dwell in Jerusalem, where the ungodly are judged and delivered into hell for an eternal burning?"

Please re-read comment #135 for better explanation for you.

Brother, I'm going to say it again: "The Lord knoweth how...to RESERVE the unjust UNTO the day of judgment TO BE punished." Do you get that? A reservation is not for the present, it is for the future! If they are reserved for future punishment, they are not being punished right now. They are dead in the grave unconsciously awaiting their resurrection which will seem to come to them the instant after they have closed their eyes in death. Once brought forth to their Second Life, they will be judged, sentenced, executed in the Lake of Fire, and then suffer the Second Death in which God's spirit once again returns to Him, their bodies will burn up into ashes, and they will cease to be forevermore.

And I am saying to you once again........You are wrong and the Bible is correct. It is just that simple.

So now you are telling me that the RIGHTEOUS, the SAVED are going to be in the fire and the wicked lost will be burned up and consumed.

Phoneman. I fear that we are getting very close to having this thread closed. What you have just said is EXACTLY opposite of all Bible Scripture.
So my choice is accept your theology or stand with the COMPLETE Bible. Not much of a choice is it????

However, I will tell you that your theology is so flawed that in my years of Bible study and Christian work, I have not seen anyone as confused and wrong as you are. I am not saying that to hurt you or in any way to take respect from you as a person. It is just that you do not seem to have the ability to understand the Scripture outside of your own narrow agenda of what YOU want them to say. Because of that you make the most obscure statements what you demand that they say and frankly ..... you are wrong!

You used to make your point, but your exegesis is completely wrong...again. Isaiah said that the person who is God is the devouring fire. He is so awesome in His judgment that only the righteous will be spared and that is confirmed by Jesus in .

LOOK at .........14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; trembling has seized the godless:

It is the wicked lost not the righteous!! You have completely misunderstood the words of Isiah!

The Targum on this verse is worthy of notice: "The sinners in Zion are broken down; fear hath seized the ungodly, who are suffering for their ways. They say, Who among us shall dwell in Zion, where the splendor of the Divine Majesty is like a consuming fire? Who of us shall dwell in Jerusalem, where the ungodly are judged and delivered into hell for an eternal burning?"

Please re-read comment #135 for better explanation for you.
I'll thank you to ease up on the constant indictments and I'll also thank you to consider the KJV rendering of Isaiah 33:14-16. God is a consuming fire, is He not? God also does not change, as well, right? Then if "Our God is a consuming fire" presently, then He will continue to be such for all eternity, and if you and I plan to be with Him, we will dwell in the midst of that holy, heavenly fire. Isaiah first poses the question and then answers it in the 2 following verses.

And I am saying to you once again........You are wrong and the Bible is correct. It is just that simple.
Brother, if I invited you to join me at a football stadium by saying, "Hey, I know how to reserve box seats for us unto Superbowl Sunday to be reclined in", wouldn't it be immediately evident to you that we would not be planting our butts in those seats until gameday? So, WHY IN THE WORLD do you insist that when Peter says "The Lord knoweth how to...reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished" he actually means that the unjust are already there being punished BEFORE the day of Judgement? Divorce yourself from these unBiblical, preconceived notions and think!

Last edited:
Brother, if I invited you to join me at a football stadium by saying, "Hey, I know how to reserve box seats for us unto Superbowl Sunday to be reclined in", wouldn't it be immediately evident to you that we would not be planting our butts in those seats until gameday? So, WHY IN THE WORLD do you insist that when Peter says "The Lord knoweth how to...reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished" he actually means that the unjust are already there being punished BEFORE the day of Judgement? Divorce yourself from these unBiblical, preconceived notions and think!
Only problem is that those box seats are in the place they are located at! God doesn't refabricate the dead just so He can annihilate them!?! And if God has these spirits with Him at the moment, He is allowing evil spirits to exist with Him! C'mon, you are smarter than this.

Only problem is that those box seats are in the place they are located at! God doesn't refabricate the dead just so He can annihilate them!?! And if God has these spirits with Him at the moment, He is allowing evil spirits to exist with Him! C'mon, you are smarter than this.
The place is not the issue, it's the timing that is the issue. The analogy therefore perfectly exemplifies the fact that the wicked are not in punishment now, but are reserved for torment unto the day of Judgment to be punished. They have to be resurrected to a Second Life in order to stand trial, be found guilty, sentenced, and then suffer the Second Death.

No earthly judge would be considered just if he sentenced a man without a trial to 20 years at hard labor and then only afterward called for his case to be tried, and yet "shall mortal man be more just than God?"
Would a just God burn Cain who killed one 5,000 years longer than Hitler who killed millions?

We, the redeemed, are to judge the wicked, both angels and men, that by our testimony the false accusations of Satan and his followers of how unfair, unjust, and unreasonable God and His law are claimed by them to be will be silenced once and for all, that God's character may be fully vindicated before the universe, for "out of the mouths of babes and sucklings (the redeemed) hast Thou ordained strength, because of Thine enemies that Thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger."

And if God has these spirits with Him at the moment, He is allowing evil spirits to exist with Him! C'mon, you are smarter than this.

Brother Moose, the spirit that God breathes into His creatures to animate them returns to God the same way it came from God: undefiled, untainted. It is not personal to any creature, for it is merely the "life giving principle" that animates an otherwise non-living assemblage of elements from the periodic table - the body of a creature, whether he be righteous, wicked, or from the animal kingdom.

The problem is that Christians think the "spirit" is an apparition like in the movie Ghost where Sam dies and leaves his body and continues to be conscious and possess a memory, knowledge, wisdom, emotions, and all the things that made Sam who he was - Sam. It is not so. Christians would do well to unplug from Hollywood and get their religion from the Bible which says "the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward for the memory of them is forgotten (being dead, they do not possess a memory)...there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom in the grave, wither thou goest." For this reason, the Second Resurrection of the wicked is necessary - to bring them to a Second Life, that they may be sentenced to the Second Death.

Brother Moose, the spirit that God breathes into His creatures to animate them returns to God the same way it came from God: undefiled, untainted. It is not personal to any creature, for it is merely the "life giving principle" that animates an otherwise non-living assemblage of elements from the periodic table - the body of a creature, whether he be righteous, wicked, or from the animal kingdom.

The problem is that Christians think the "spirit" is an apparition like in the movie Ghost where Sam dies and leaves his body and continues to be conscious and possess a memory, knowledge, wisdom, emotions, and all the things that made Sam who he was - Sam. It is not so. Christians would do well to unplug from Hollywood and get their religion from the Bible which says "the dead know not anything, neither have they any more a reward for the memory of them is forgotten (being dead, they do not possess a memory)...there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom in the grave, wither thou goest." For this reason, the Second Resurrection of the wicked is necessary - to bring them to a Second Life, that they may be sentenced to the Second Death.
So what do you make of Isaiah 66:24 ?
24 “And they shall go forth and look
Upon the corpses of the men
Who have transgressed against Me.
For their worm does not die,
And their fire is not quenched.
They shall be an abhorrence to all flesh.”

"does not die" and "fire is not quenched" sounds a bit eternal to me.

So, to get this straight, Jesus lied about the afterlife just to make an analogy for whatever His purpose was, as you said in post #41, "declared that the tables would be turned on them if they persisted in their rebellion. Over and over, He warned that God's favor would be taken from the Jewish nation, saying that the Gentiles would "come from the East, West, North, and South to sit down in the kingdom", while saying to the Jews that "you yourselves shall be cast out" and that the kingdom would be taken from them and "given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.""
If He lied about the afterlife just to prove a point, then this religion is dead. So you see, I can't take what you are selling seriously, for I trust in Jesus.

The place is not the issue, it's the timing that is the issue. The analogy therefore perfectly exemplifies the fact that the wicked are not in punishment now, but are reserved for torment unto the day of Judgment to be punished. They have to be resurrected to a Second Life in order to stand trial, be found guilty, sentenced, and then suffer the Second Death.

No earthly judge would be considered just if he sentenced a man without a trial to 20 years at hard labor and then only afterward called for his case to be tried, and yet "shall mortal man be more just than God?"
Would a just God burn Cain who killed one 5,000 years longer than Hitler who killed millions?

We, the redeemed, are to judge the wicked, both angels and men, that by our testimony the false accusations of Satan and his followers of how unfair, unjust, and unreasonable God and His law are claimed by them to be will be silenced once and for all, that God's character may be fully vindicated before the universe, for "out of the mouths of babes and sucklings (the redeemed) hast Thou ordained strength, because of Thine enemies that Thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger."
Time is not the issue either. We are on God's timetable when we die and He is outside of time; hence I believe the "time" you place an emphasis on is a moot question. We will not be parameterized by the time element in this earthly world when we leave this world. Perhaps this is why the thief on the cross was told he would be in Paradise that same day.

NOPE. God said exactly what He wanted to say and does not need YOUR slant on what YOU WANTED HIM TO SAY!

"The place is not the issue, it's the timing that is the issue?????"

Are you kidding all of us? LOCATION IS THE CONTEXT! We have been talking about Hell, Luke 16 being real or make believe and now you are telling us that it is all about TIMING instead of location???

TIMING........OK, here is the time line for you.........We die!
The bodies of all people go into the ground from whence they came.
The SPIRITS of the saved go to be with God.
The SPIRITS of the wicked lost go to Hades/Sheol where they are "reserved" unto the judgment day.
The bodies of the saved will be resurrected unto life at the 1st Resurrection and glorified and we will be with the Lord for Eternity!!!
The bodies of the wicked lost are "RESERVED" in Hades/Sheol until after the 1000 years rule of Christ.
The bodies of the wicked lost are then resurrected unto DEATH at the 2nd resurrection.
They are lost and judged by Christ and cast into the Lake of Fire where they will be tormented day and night eternally. NO 2nd chances. No Purgatory!

THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE VERSE IN THE SCRIPTURES THAT TEACH ANNIALIHATION OF THE BODY/SPIRIT!!!. NO NOT ONE!!!!

Phoneman....We all know what you are doing. You are making up stuff to fit what YOU want it to be like instead of understanding WHAT IT IS going to be like. You are making the classic mistake of many others. The Bible is clear and understandable and it says exactly what God wants us to know. YOU however are more concerned with trying to make us understand WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE.

We (Me) will never come to your side of this debate my brother. Never.

I'll thank you to ease up on the constant indictments and I'll also thank you to consider the KJV rendering of Isaiah 33:14-16. God is a consuming fire, is He not? God also does not change, as well, right? Then if "Our God is a consuming fire" presently, then He will continue to be such for all eternity, and if you and I plan to be with Him, we will dwell in the midst of that holy, heavenly fire. Isaiah first poses the question and then answers it in the 2 following verses.

Now, let me understand this. YOU said.......
"the RIGHTEOUS, the SAVED are going to be in the fire and the wicked lost will be burned up and consumed."

There are ZERO- NONE- NADA Scriptures that support what you just stated and now because I called you out I am the one making constant indictment?????

Are you reading what you say and thinking about it before hitting the "post" key.

I am afraid this has become too tedious and circular for me Phoneman. I really do have more things to do than debate this with you. If YOU want to believe your opinions instead of Gods Word, that is your choice. I am going to withdraw from this and leave it with others because there is simply nothing else left to be said.

Have a blessed day.

Now, let me understand this. YOU said.......
"the RIGHTEOUS, the SAVED are going to be in the fire and the wicked lost will be burned up and consumed."

There are ZERO- NONE- NADA Scriptures that support what you just stated and now because I called you out I am the one making constant indictment?????

Are you reading what you say and thinking about it before hitting the "post" key.

I am afraid this has become too tedious and circular for me Phoneman. I really do have more things to do than debate this with you. If YOU want to believe your opinions instead of Gods Word, that is your choice. I am going to withdraw from this and leave it with others because there is simply nothing else left to be said.

Have a blessed day.
Phoneman may be thinking of 1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.

It is the work which will be tried by fire, not the soul. It would be good for all of us to take heed of the verses before this passage:
1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. 10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. 11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Keep what Christ said as your foundation.

Time is not the issue either. We are on God's timetable when we die and He is outside of time; hence I believe the "time" you place an emphasis on is a moot question. We will not be parameterized by the time element in this earthly world when we leave this world. Perhaps this is why the thief on the cross was told he would be in Paradise that same day.
If time is not the issue, then why in heaven's name did Peter make no less than three references to it - reserve, unto, to be in the same verse? I would say b/c God wants us to know that He's reserving the punishment of the wicked to a future period in time which He calls the Day of Judgment.

Jesus and the thief did not go to Paradise that day, for Paradise is UP, but Jesus went DOWN to Hades and was not left there.
Jesus simply gave the thief a promise that day of what would eventually be.
"Verily verily I say unto you today- You will be with me in Paradise."

At death, the Body returns to the earth as it was, the Spirit of Life returns to God Who gave it, and (since the Soul did not come into existence until God combined the Spirit of Life with the Body) when the Spirit of Life and Body are separated, the Soul ceases to exist. "We" do not leave this world at death - it is only the Spirit of Life which leaves this world and returns to God exactly as It was when It was first breathed into the Body.

NOPE. God said exactly what He wanted to say and does not need YOUR slant on what YOU WANTED HIM TO SAY!
What slant? I've used the exact same equation as Peter, just plugged in different variables. If you see a slant, try adjusting your "EYE Q", my dear brother.

Back