Receiving Direct Revelation.

Today was talking with a Christian lady struggling with poverty. We were talking about my rose bush. She said she can take a piece and put it in the ground and raise a new one. That was after I told her she is welcome to cut a few roses to take home. Then I went to my studio office and was praising the Lord in music. Then began to study. The word I looked up was praise. then read the comments on it. I read this, The promises of God are like beautiful flowers which we are free to pick. I went back and encouraged her about that and if she claims prosperous promises and believes God she will be blessed.

The day of my catholic confirmation I received a gift from the holy spirit: I could see spirits and talk to them. Growing older, I became aware I could also hear angels and archangels and Jesus. God never spoke to me directly, he gives me signs through events and people. Which is also very good.

If we really pay attention, I believe anybody can hear the messages of God.

In Jn. ch.10: Jesus says my sheep know my voice and another they will not follow. The another to not folow is the answer to how some think they hear or are just deceivers. divination was rebuked by Paul when the woman got money and gain from her craft. So that is why we must know there are two speaking one is the devil, which Jesus encountered in the wilderness Matt. 4:4. The devil there even used the scriptures. He is known as a angel of light--wolf in sheep's clothing.

The difficulty of sharing true revelation, except in mature assemblies, is deceivers take those rev. truth to make them a tool of the angel of light. The issue is not whether there is revelation , but false revelation. The key to rev. is finding if it will produce good fruit in the life of the hearers. Those who won't hear the true will miss out on God's blessing for them.

revelations that God has given me, millions of dollars couldn't buy them. They all cause me to bow in reverence to almighty God. One example is where Jesus showed that what David was saying in Ps.8:2 was strength. but in Matt. 21
Jesus uses another word. He says out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast ordained praise. by that we see that praise and strength are twin partners. We could say that they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their praise----because he will show up upon their waiting for him. That waiting will pay off in joy and spiritual strength. God bless.

I have no doubt that God continues to reveal truths to His people.

I do, though, think that people who receive a revelation sometimes interpret that revelation incorrectly.

I think that revelations are meant to be tested, and interpreted by the body of Christ. For example, if God lays a revelation on your heart, and you take it to the group of mature believers you fellowship with and everyone prays on it, tests it with what scripture teaches, and agrees unanimously on its interpretation, I'd take that as significant evidence of its validity.

Let me offer an example for the Bible.

In Acts 21:4-14, we read that the Spirit had revealed that Paul would be bound and "handed over to the Gentiles." In v.4, we read that "Through the Spirit they urged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem." In the previous chapter, we also learn that Paul had been warned by the Spirit what was going to happen to him in Jerusalem.

So why did Paul go to Jerusalem if he was urged by other Christians "through the Spirit" not to go? I propose to you that it was because they had received an accurate revelation, but they had assumed an incorrect interpretation of that revelation.

It's because of this that I believe that revelations should be submitted to mature Christians for interpretation, and the work of interpretation should not fall solely on the person who receives the revelation.

Roads: Explain to me why 5 prophets were wrong and Paul was not?
Why could it not have been Paul interpreted it wrong?

Well, I guess there's room for the possibility that Paul was wrong. I'd be happy to admit that I don't see any particular evidence that Paul had the correct interpretation. I guess the significant point, to me, is more that there was a revelation from the Spirit, and somebody was wrong about its interpretation.

In summary: It is possible interpret revelations incorrectly. Agreed?

I like how you worded that, how revelations are a "community spiritual business," that's a really good way of thinking about it.

Direct revelation means one who receives this from God can write scripture and their revelations are of equal authority with the Word of God. This is the result of over estimating one's self worth in the body and it is false. No one today receives direct revelation from God. If they did, they would be writing scripture - they have over evaluated themselves and are in need of sober evaluation. If someone says to you "God told me this" don't listen to them.

P
Sorry, but this is, IMO, way off base.
First, the Word is for all Christians for all time. Personal guidance (same as direct revelation) is not.
Second, God promises to hear and guide in many many many Scriptures . Are you suggesting He stopped doing that once the Disciples died?
Third, Personal guidance for personal situations cannot be covered in detail with Scripture. "Lord should I move to Tasmania?" is not answerable form the Bible.
Fourth, Personal guidance is a Christians right, IF they follow God's guidelines, which few people seem willing to know or follow.[/quot

Thank you for not calling personal guidance "prophecy" it is not the same thing. Much wiser for sure. If you said to me that you felt God's guidance and God's call on your life to do something I could believe that. But if you told me God told you something about the future as in prophecy I would class you as a liar.

Jesus told us his people would hear his voice, and he would call them out by name.

One can be sure it is Jesus calling him or her out by the peace that accompanies God’s voice. Also God keeps one safe from Satan/sin. If one continues to sin then it is not God who talked to him or her.

God/Jesus/Holy Spirit will never teach one anything contrary to the written Word of God.

A personnel relationship with Jesus can grow to where a person has the mind of Christ.

A mind of Christ is where a person has willed Jesus to make all decisions in one’s life. It is as if one is doing God’s will at all times. All a person does comes from the heart/spirit, and not his or her mind.

I appreciate your post giver. It is wonderful to know others are hearing God also. Here is my testimony as of last night.

It paid off tremendously to hear what the Lord told me last night. A few years ago started collecting the quarters of U.S.A. states.
the container for keeping them was full. In time was throwing quarters in thinking had not seen them before. Other ones were spent from time to time. The Lord had me put them in the board keeper where there is also the U.S.A. map. It was short only 2 states. But then with just a few quarters from a can which are not special added them to find the special container full. guessing
there are about $30.00 worth to be spent on my personal needs. If he didn't tell me they would still be in their hiding place untouched.

That prosperity is only possible by God's gracious voice. Today he showed me what the Ps. 22:1 passage means. I was almost red faced in my thinking as thought it meant something else. God comforts us as he is a great teacher who said he would lead us and guide us into all truth. Jn.16:12-13. Only the Holy Spirit can remove the flesh thinking and fill us with his light to hear him. What a gift.

I'm glad I found this post because it just confirmes that these things happen and it should be the normal. I was thinking why do I keep getting it but that's cause I wanted hear and listen from god and make a differience where things really matter. Anyway.....
I was out riding my bike to some off road trials that where a few streets over from my home. After I came back out of the woods from the trails. I intently felt and was told as a thought. That someone would die on this road unless I prayed for them. I was like come on. I just want to ride my bike thinking it was like made up in my head or like ocd. I was told to pray and still remained heavy on my. So I said fine I'll do it. I go into the woods so no one driving by sees me kneeling. So i tried praying with my heart but i didnt really. Cause i didnt want to be doing this in the irst place. And I said ok good to myself and stood up to leave. I was told it wasn't good enough. So I got back down half assed it again and was leaving and then I was told again not good enough. Fustrated I left and said its good enough. And then I got on my bike to leave. I was no longer pushed to pray. While I was leaving I knew some one would die. And I said well then I'll know it was god and not ocd if I let it happen. Worst mistake ever. My friends friend died when his car struck a tree right next to the trail. He was two years yonger then me. Went to high school together. Also I have other stories but I'll just leave that

Back