Revelation 13

Revelation 13:1:
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Revelation 13:2:
And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Many have found this to be a Spiritual Metaphor for a modern day Roman Empire and I will not nor can I debate it being something else. We see that the sea is used to represent a multitude of people and using that example it is easy to see Satan´s man rising up to gain power. Some have been so bold as to proclaim this empire being composed of the countries of the European Union, I´m not at all certain of that. The Roman Empire consisted of nations from all of the known world and I tend to be more inclusive in my assessment of this reconstitution of the empire.

Revelation 13:3:
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

It is wonderful, the method and the manner of God´s use of words. I have seen several interpretations of this one scripture and none of the convince me of their being the one explanation.

Revelation 13:4:
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

It is important to remember, the Beast has just shone up on the radar and God has promised a peace that will be unparalleled for the first three and one half years, and this man will appear to be the author of that peace. Suddenly Satan and the Beast will be put up as God´s.

Revelation 13:5:
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 13:6:
And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Revelation 13:7:
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Revelation 13:8:
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 13:9:
If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Many take this to show that the Church is not raptured until the first three and a half years are completed and I, being Pretrib, do not argue with them. You see, this is one of those secondary issues and in no manor affects our mission as described in the Great Commission. (Matt. 28:18-20) It is my position that, much like in the Left Behind series, there will be Laymen, Deacons and even Pastors that were not committed, whole heartedly, and they will finally get it! Life for these later Christians will be pure persecution. All of the Lost will be out to slay them, along with the Two Witness´.

Revelation 13:10:
He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Revelation 13:11:
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Revelation 13:12:
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:13:
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:14:
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 13:15:
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:16:
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Now enters the imitator of God. I take it that the world will see this one as the ultimate peace giver and will throw open their arms to welcome him into their, very, hearts. I find it important to note, here, that the Mark is issued and nowhere before the Beasts take over is it given. Many fear the Chip that, today, is being injected into our animals and the children of the Upper Class, all over the world. All of the Banks are calling for this chip to be given to all of us, but this is not the mark. (My opinion.) There is reason to fear this chip but for the time being, at least, the Mark of the Beast is the least of the reasons.

All of our Bank Records, Criminal Records and Medical Records are accessed through this chip and still, these are not as dangerous as the primary reason to distrust the chip. These chips are read because they have an RF Signal. RF is short for Radio Frequency. Therefore the chip is locatable 365 days a year, 24/7. You cannot hide without cutting the chip out of your body.

Revelation 13:17:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Revelation 13:18:
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Here we find an interesting point, every Bar Code, I´m instructed, begins with a six, ends with a six and directly in the middle, is a six. And I have no firm ground to make a statement about such but it is alarming to those that are close to the Church but have not committed.

Revelation 13:1:
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Many have found this to be a Spiritual Metaphor for a modern day Roman Empire and I will not nor can I debate it being something else. We see that the sea is used to represent a multitude of people and using that example it is easy to see Satan´s man rising up to gain power. Some have been so bold as to proclaim this empire being composed of the countries of the European Union, I´m not at all certain of that. The Roman Empire consisted of nations from all of the known world and I tend to be more inclusive in my assessment of this reconstitution of the empire.

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

It is wonderful, the method and the manner of God´s use of words. I have seen several interpretations of this one scripture and none of the convince me of their being the one explanation.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

It is important to remember, the Beast has just shone up on the radar and God has promised a peace that will be unparalleled for the first three and one half years, and this man will appear to be the author of that peace. Suddenly Satan and the Beast will be put up as God´s.

Revelation 13:5:
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

Revelation 13:6:
And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

Revelation 13:7:
And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Revelation 13:8:
And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 13:9:
If any man have an ear, let him hear.

Many take this to show that the Church is not raptured until the first three and a half years are completed and I, being Pretrib, do not argue with them. You see, this is one of those secondary issues and in no manor affects our mission as described in the Great Commission. (Matt. 28:18-20) It is my position that, much like in the Left Behind series, there will be Laymen, Deacons and even Pastors that were not committed, whole heartedly, and they will finally get it! Life for these later Christians will be pure persecution. All of the Lost will be out to slay them, along with the Two Witness´.

Revelation 13:10:
He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

Revelation 13:11:
And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

Revelation 13:12:
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:13:
And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 13:14:
And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Revelation 13:15:
And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 13:16:
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Now enters the imitator of God. I take it that the world will see this one as the ultimate peace giver and will throw open their arms to welcome him into their, very, hearts. I find it important to note, here, that the Mark is issued and nowhere before the Beasts take over is it given. Many fear the Chip that, today, is being injected into our animals and the children of the Upper Class, all over the world. All of the Banks are calling for this chip to be given to all of us, but this is not the mark. (My opinion.) There is reason to fear this chip but for the time being, at least, the Mark of the Beast is the least of the reasons.

All of our Bank Records, Criminal Records and Medical Records are accessed through this chip and still, these are not as dangerous as the primary reason to distrust the chip. These chips are read because they have an RF Signal. RF is short for Radio Frequency. Therefore the chip is locatable 365 days a year, 24/7. You cannot hide without cutting the chip out of your body.

Revelation 13:17:
And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Here we find an interesting point, every Bar Code, I´m instructed, begins with a six, ends with a six and directly in the middle, is a six. And I have no firm ground to make a statement about such but it is alarming to those that are close to the Church but have not committed.

Good stuff Bill.

I agree also about the "bar code".

Your inormation is excellent as well. Those are referred to as "border numbers". The 1st. line of all bar codes (extreme left) is a "6". The longest line (middle) is also a "6". The last verticle line (extreme right) is also a "6". So built into every bar code is the number "666" and without the mark, no man can buy food for his family during the 7 year tribulation peroid.

Back in 1987, I was working with computer changeovers in retail stores. Two companies in Florida to go to "prices off" (not priceing items) and use scanners were Publix and Eckerd Drugs.
It was during that time I was taught "bar code" scanning system and installed it. I immediatky was convicted by the Holy Spirit that the "bar code" could in fact be the MARK OF THE BEAST. I have seen nothing to convince me that was wrong. The goal of retail stores is to be 99% prices off by 2010 according to a Publix store manager friend of mine.

Good stuff Bill.

Your inormation is excellent as well. Those are referred to as "border numbers". The 1st. line of all bar codes (extreme left) is a "6". The longest line (middle) is also a "6". The last verticle line (extreme right) is also a "6". So built into every bar code is the number "666" and without the mark, no man can buy food for his family during the 7 year tribulation peroid.

Back in 1987, I was working with computer changeovers in retail stores. Two companies in Florida to go to "prices off" (not priceing items) and use scanners were Publix and Eckerd Drugs.
It was during that time I was taught "bar code" scanning system and installed it. I immediatky was convicted by the Holy Spirit that the "bar code" could in fact be the MARK OF THE BEAST. I have seen nothing to convince me that was wrong. The goal of retail stores is to be 99% prices off by 2010 according to a Publix store manager friend of mine.

Thank you sir! I wish that more people, people inside the Church Building, would be serious and do a little bit of study. I have always preferred to read slowlyand digest the text and I read my Bible, just, that way. I am constantly amazed at the extra-biblical information, relative to the scriptures, that is available on the web. I have found everything from the customs of people, as far back as Job, to the information on the Bar Code. All this input can be very useful in any Bible study. My wife and daughter are Primary Teachers and my wife just does not understand why I study some of the stuff I do.

Thanks again and God bless.

Good stuff Bill.

Thank you sir! I wish that more people, people inside the Church Building, would be serious and do a little bit of study. I have always preferred to read slowlyand digest the text and I read my Bible, just, that way. I am constantly amazed at the extra-biblical information, relative to the scriptures, that is available on the web. I have found everything from the customs of people, as far back as Job, to the information on the Bar Code. All this input can be very useful in any Bible study. My wife and daughter are Primary Teachers and my wife just does not understand why I study some of the stuff I do.

Good stuff Bill.

Good stuff Bill.

Good stuff Bill.

Good stuff Bill.

gif,GIF89a%12%00%12%00%B3%00%00%FF%FF%FF%F7%F7%EF%CC%CC%CC%BD%BE%BD%99%99%99ZYZRUR%00%00%00%FE%01%02%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%21%F9%04%04%14%00%FF%00%2C%00%00%00%00%12%00%12%00%00%04X0%C8I%2B%1D8%EB%3D%E4%00%60%28%8A%85%17%0AG*%8C%40%19%7C%00J%08%C4%B1%92%26z%C76%FE%02%07%C2%89v%F0%7Dz%C3b%C8u%14%82V5%23o%A7%13%19L%BCY-%25%7D%A6l%DF%D0%F5%C7%02%85%5B%D82%90%CBT%87%D8i7%88Y%A8%DB%EFx%8B%DE%12%01%00%3B

Good stuff Bill.

gif,GIF89a%12%00%12%00%B3%00%00%FF%FF%FF%F7%F7%EF%CC%CC%CC%BD%BE%BD%99%99%99ZYZRUR%00%00%00%FE%01%02%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%21%F9%04%04%14%00%FF%00%2C%00%00%00%00%12%00%12%00%00%04X0%C8I%2B%1D8%EB%3D%E4%00%60%28%8A%85%17%0AG*%8C%40%19%7C%00J%08%C4%B1%92%26z%C76%FE%02%07%C2%89v%F0%7Dz%C3b%C8u%14%82V5%23o%A7%13%19L%BCY-%25%7D%A6l%DF%D0%F5%C7%02%85%5B%D82%90%CBT%87%D8i7%88Y%A8%DB%EFx%8B%DE%12%01%00%3B

I find it very interesting that God has never stripped the devil of his power or at least some of it. It is impressive that the devil has the power to create the beast. Even if I consider Samson, he only lost his power when his hair was cut. If he was evil and had long hair, he would not have lost his power. It seems that once God gives His creation gifts, He does not take them back. Even all the demons can still impress mankind with their power.

I reckon the chip will state your religion. If it says, I serve the spawn of satan, you are marked by the devil and have no hope. But either way, I wont be getting any chip, ever. Even though it makes so much sense. The risk of bearing the mark in anyway and not being worthy to go to heaven is just too great. I really hope I get raptured and don't have go through this. It must be terrible not being able to buy anything without the mark :eek:.

Ahh yes the mark of the beast. Bank card....not likely. Bar codes of the type use on food items and other things....not likely*. sub dermal id chips and gps chips....not likely.
Something I find interesting is the command given the Israelites, see Deuteronomy 6:1-12 The placement of the laws and statutes and commandments is echoed in the placement of the mark of the beast, either on the hand or the forehead. The commands and promised blessings detailed in deut 6 also reflect an economic dimension, that is also found in Revelation 13
It seems that the mark of the beast might have a strong spiritual component... possibly a worshiping of the beast that will allow or hinder buying or selling.This is not without precedent as there was a period when a certificate of worship was required of citizens of Rome and its provinces.
This was under persecutions by Decius 249-251 AD. where a person had to show proof that they had offered sacrifices to idols and the wisdom of the Emperor, and eating food sacrificed to pagan gods. There were other persecutions at Lyons and elsewhere cf Documents of the Christian Church---Henry Bettenson.
These persecutions need not be seen as the literal fulfillment of Rev 13, but they do show a precedent for the blending of economic prosperity with satanic worship, just as there was a tie in deut.6 between worship of the Lord and material blessing.
* The character 6 used in most barcodes are timing markers for the barcode reader software to know where and when to start and stop reading. Not sure why the center marker is there, but it might be a check bit, as usually there are 5 characters before it and 5 after it.
If there is a read error, this center bit, and or the end bit can flag an error message. ...just a thought.

blessings,
calvin

I find it very interesting that God has never stripped the devil of his power or at least some of it. It is impressive that the devil has the power to create the beast. Even if I consider Samson, he only lost his power when his hair was cut. If he was evil and had long hair, he would not have lost his power. It seems that once God gives His creation gifts, He does not take them back. Even all the demons can still impress mankind with their power.
The best I can offer is to use the movie scenario. God knows the beginning, the end and all that is in between but all we can see is a frame or two. Take that man made parable and couple it with one of the lessons the Holy Spirit has shown me and it helps.

God created man because God wanted to receive love and in return to love. There is an oft cried complaint that God could have made us love Him and then nobody would go to Hell, but that is not true. Force creates and implies resistance. And if He created us to never resist Him love would not be possible, we would be much like the robots we build but with flesh. The way I see this is that Satan and his crew still have the limited access and the powers because there need be tempters, not for God´s benefit, but for ours.

When I look back at my journey I see that there are spurts of growth in my faith and the largest spurts are when I was being tested by the devils. So it is that when we are tried/tested that we learn that we really can depend on God´s love for us.

I reckon the chip will state your religion. If it says, I serve the spawn of satan, you are marked by the devil and have no hope. But either way, I wont be getting any chip, ever. Even though it makes so much sense. The risk of bearing the mark in anyway and not being worthy to go to heaven is just too great. I really hope I get raptured and don't have go through this. It must be terrible not being able to buy anything without the mark :eek:.

In the end of it all Iḿ not positive where I will fall on the Chip but I do know I will never swear to serve another.

The best I can offer is to use the movie scenario. God knows the beginning, the end and all that is in between but all we can see is a frame or two. Take that man made parable and couple it with one of the lessons the Holy Spirit has shown me and it helps.

That is a good example!

Just going a bit off the subject. What is interesting is that the devil must also only be seeing frame by frame. Or else why would he even try to accuse us before God. Or waste the effort to create the beast when he knows he will fail in the end :). Could it be that there is more to the God / devil relationship behind the scenes? Is the devil really that naive? If I knew that I was going to fail, I wouldnt even try. The demons that Jesus cast into the pigs, knew their 'time' was coming. Were they referring to a battle at armageddon or their acknowledgement of hell and suffering? I am curious, what does the devil actually believe? Does he think God will show him mercy later as God is allowing him to roam around like a roaring lion now? Does he honestly believe he stands a chance to fight Jesus at armageddon. Is he just ceasing every opportunity to show his hatred for God, knowing that soon he will inevitably be in the lake of fire?

Ahh yes the mark of the beast. Bank card....not likely. Bar codes of the type use on food items and other things....not likely*. sub dermal id chips and gps chips....not likely.

calvin, you must be young. The Chip is already in use in our Blooded Live Stock and our pets here in the US. And in Europe, they are being injected into the New Born of the wealthy to allow the cops to locate the yuth under any circumstance. And then in the last few years, during discussions to promote their use, the RF Factor and GPS location has become one of the expressed selling points and every major bank has expressed the desire to inject them in all customers.

Something I find interesting is the command given the Israelites, see Deuteronomy 6:1-12 The placement of the laws and statutes and commandments is echoed in the placement of the mark of the beast, either on the hand or the forehead. The commands and promised blessings detailed in deut 6 also reflect an economic dimension, that is also found in Revelation 13
It seems that the mark of the beast might have a strong spiritual component... possibly a worshiping of the beast that will allow or hinder buying or selling.This is not without precedent as there was a period when a certificate of worship was required of citizens of Rome and its provinces.

My dad was forever saying that what goes around, comes around and since I´ve grown and aged a bit, I have found that, indeed, it does, there is nothing new under the Sun. It is even marked so in the scriptures. The one I like most is the book of Obidiah. This single chapter book is prophecy about Edom. It was fulfilled in the land of Edom and it was again fulfilled in the second Edom, Rome. It is progressing nicely in the third Edom, right now... The United States of America. That is why it is so impotant to learn World History.

This was under persecutions by Decius 249-251 AD. where a person had to show proof that they had offered sacrifices to idols and the wisdom of the Emperor, and eating food sacrificed to pagan gods. There were other persecutions at Lyons and elsewhere cf Documents of the Christian Church---Henry Bettenson.
These persecutions need not be seen as the literal fulfillment of Rev 13, but they do show a precedent for the blending of economic prosperity with satanic worship, just as there was a tie in deut.6 between worship of the Lord and material blessing.
* The character 6 used in most barcodes are timing markers for the barcode reader software to know where and when to start and stop reading. Not sure why the center marker is there, but it might be a check bit, as usually there are 5 characters before it and 5 after it.
If there is a read error, this center bit, and or the end bit can flag an error message. ...just a thought.

blessings,
calvin
I think I´ll leave the Bar Code to Major.

God bless.

Bill, remember Romans 14:5..........
"ONE MAN ESTEEMETH ONE DAY ABOVE ANOTHER, ANOTHER ESTEEMETH EVERY DAY ALIKE. lET EVERY MAN BE FULLY PERSUATED IN HIS OWN MIND".

That means that as indivuals we are all at different levels of understnading and growth comes as we study more in depth and at length.

You are doing good in getting out the Word of God!

YOU WILL my friend!

2 Thess. 2:3......
"Let no man deceive you by any means, for ---
#1) That day shall not come.....................................Rapture.
#2) except there come a falling away first...............Apostasy.
#3) and THEN that man of sin (A/C) be revealed...Antichrist with the mark of the beast.

Major, you MUST learn from Th1Bill. If someone doesnt see the light, post it 7 times :).

LOL! Good one. It does seem that is the case in some people isn't it.

A preacher once gave a wonderful sermon and everyone was blessed.
The next Sunday he gave the exact same sermon and the people were a little concerned.
The 3rd Sunday he gave the exact same sermon again. This time the deacons met with him and asked him how many more times he was going to give that sermon. He said, I am going to keep giving it until we start to listen and follow it.

blessings,
calvin

Calvin, God love ya my man but here again is an example of what happens when we think the Revelation or any book of the Bible is a myth or we doubt its meaning, and I am not saying you are doing that my friend at all.

Notice the words you use here.................
It SEEMS that the mark of the beast MIGHT have a strong spiritual component... POSSIBLY a worshiping of the beast that will allow or hinder buying or selling.

I read your comments and understand your thinksing about the Word of God so allow me to p[ost the WORD of God here again.

Rev. 13:15-17....
"He (False Prophet) was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and CAUSE as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed. He CAUSES all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark orthe name of the beast, or the number of his name.

There is no indication either in the English or Greek that implies SEEMS, MIGHT or POSSIBLY are involved.

SEEMS, MIGHT AND POSSIBLY are words that cast doubt onto the clear Word of God. I need to remind you of an Old Test. command that was given by Moses in Deut. 4.

Back