Revelation 6

That my friend is exactly the conclusion of Dr. Charles Hinson in his Commentary on the Bible states. I can not argue with it nor would I do so. I was blessed to sit under him at Liberty and he is a wonderful Bible scolar, and he may be correct.

I just as everyone else have my own thoughts and when I consider Matt.24:5..............."Many will come in my name saying I am the Christ and shall deceive many".........
It says to me that the A/C and False Prophet will come upon this distrought world with their humanistic tricks and deceive the world.

Here I think we need to note something that may go to answer Mistmanns's comments that the 4 riders are the Four Spirit's of God. We should carefully note that the Lamb must open the seals and it is his servants, the four living creatures from God's throne, who beckon the riders and their horses to, "Come!" IF they were the riders...would they "beckon the riders to "COME".???? (6:1, 3, 5, 7).
Now IMO that pretty much rules them out as the actual riders themselves, but that is just me. This implies that it is God who is Lord of history and man's activities.

The fact is..........no one knows when it comes to eschotology and all we can do is put together the best information we can get from the total of the Word.

In case anybody is wondering where Major is MISREPRESENTING my views from it is from a post I recently made on the Rev 17 thread. If anybody wants to know what I REALLY said I suggest they read my actual post on the Rev 17 thread. I might mention also that the matter of who beckoned the riders has only just been raised by Major on the Rev 17 thread at the same time he is over here misrepresenting my views. I plan to address the issue shortly on THAT thread and suggest anybody who wants to check it out are free to follow the Rev 17 thread. But for now I have to go and do a couple of things in the real world.

Regards Misty.

Rev 5:1 "And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals." Nkjv
We are told the scroll is written on the inside and on the back for a reason. What is that reason? The contents of the scroll can only be progressively revealed as each seal is removed. This could mean that each seal represents a new chapter in the history of the world. It need not though. This could also mean that each seal reveals a detailed account of the various aspects of the unfolding of history that occur side by side. Consider a scroll, all rolled up. All the events are there together until the scroll is unwound and laid out for inspection. All the events are detailed in the writing, we are just not given a blow by blow description.
We have the Church age and all that the Church has and will accomplish (1st seal) at the same time we have armed conflict occurring all over the world either in isolated places or much more wide spread,(2nd seal) We have at the same time economic hardship, occurring continuously somewhere all the time. (3rd seal) and finally we have death, and the prospect of Hades exercising power over a forth of the earth possibly pestilence, (the 4th seal) Now see what the 5th seal reveals. a scene in heaven showing the souls saved thus far, but we are told the full number is not yet in. next the 6th seal....during which time no doubt the full number of the saints will be completed. That would complete the revealing of the history of the Church age. With the opening of the 7th seal Peace and tranquility is the order of the day till a more detailed disclosure. We are not told, but the following disclosures might well come from a more detailed reading of the opened scoll. Just a thought....a calvin original.
blessings,
calvin

In case anybody is wondering where Major is MISREPRESENTING my views from it is from a post I recently made on the Rev 17 thread. If anybody wants to know what I REALLY said I suggest they read my actual post on the Rev 17 thread. I might mention also that the matter of who beckoned the riders has only just been raised by Major on the Rev 17 thread at the same time he is over here misrepresenting my views. I plan to address the issue shortly on THAT thread and suggest anybody who wants to check it out are free to follow the Rev 17 thread. But for now I have to go and do a couple of things in the real world.

Regards Misty.

Misty,
Since you are taking objection to my observation, I deeply apologize for the misunderstanding. I simply commented what you stated from memory as I was posting in this thread.

I have no desire to misrepreseent you or anyone else. I went back and looked up what you posted in Rev. 17 and here it is...............

"If I were pressed for an opinion on who the riders of Revelation are (otherwise I would not bother as it is obviously not that important because the Lord does not tell us) I would probably opt for these four Spirits of the Heavens that stand before the Lord and are spoken of by Zechariah. The only difference is now they are doing more than just watching."

I absolutly agree with you that WHO they are is not important. But just so that we are clear......my comments here were WHAT you actually said WHO they were if you were pressed.

Now look carefully at what I did say..................

"Here I think we need to note something that may go to answer Mistmanns's comments that the 4 riders are the Four Spirit's of God. We should carefully note that the Lamb must open the seals and it is his servants, the four living creatures from God's throne, who beckon the riders and their horses to, "Come!" IF they were the riders...would they "beckon the riders to "COME".???? (6:1, 3, 5, 7).

I DID not in fact accuse you or misrepresent you. I simply recalled during my post to Kevin that you had commented on this and I relayed that to Kevin. IT was not done in any way to offend you simply that you were involved in the same conversational subject.

BUT since your perseption is one of being offended, I am truely sorry for that.

Misty.........can we please come down a notch between ourselves and stop looking for something to argue about between us. I do not know about you, but I am growing weary of always fighting and the back and forth with results uselly over nothing important.

You and I have different theology on several Biblical points which is obvious, but I do believe if we stop looking for confrontation we can remove the agitation. Lets just agree to disagree on the things that seperate but in the same vein, shall we agree to allow the Spirit of God to teach us as we go along?????

Misty,
Since you are taking objection to my observation, I deeply apologize for the misunderstanding. I simply commented what you stated from memory as I was posting in this thread.

I have no desire to misrepreseent you or anyone else. I went back and looked up what you posted in Rev. 17 and here it is...............

"If I were pressed for an opinion on who the riders of Revelation are (otherwise I would not bother as it is obviously not that important because the Lord does not tell us) I would probably opt for these four Spirits of the Heavens that stand before the Lord and are spoken of by Zechariah. The only difference is now they are doing more than just watching."

I absolutly agree with you that WHO they are is not important. But just so that we are clear......my comments here were WHAT you actually said WHO they were if you were pressed.

Now look carefully at what I did say..................

"Here I think we need to note something that may go to answer Mistmanns's comments that the 4 riders are the Four Spirit's of God. We should carefully note that the Lamb must open the seals and it is his servants, the four living creatures from God's throne, who beckon the riders and their horses to, "Come!" IF they were the riders...would they "beckon the riders to "COME".???? (6:1, 3, 5, 7).

I DID not in fact accuse you or misrepresent you. I simply recalled during my post to Kevin that you had commented on this andI relayed that to Kevin. IT was not done in any way to offend you simply that you were involved in the same conversational subject.

BUT since your perseption is one of being offended, I am truely sorry for that.

Misty.........can we please come down a notch between ourselves and stop looking for something to argue about between us. I do not know about you, but I am growing weary of always fighting and the back and forth with results uselly over nothing important.

You and I have different theology on several Biblical points which is obvious, but I do believe if we stop looking for confrontation we can remove the agitation. Lets just agree to disagree on the things that seperate but in the same vein, shall we agree to allow the Spirit of God to teach us as we go along?????

Rest assured Major I have not been offended by anything that has been thrown at me on any one of several Christian forums I have been on over many years. You can't give offense to a person who refuses to take it. I am merely ensuring that people know that what I said was different to what you inferred HERE on a thread I was not posting to. Had it not been mentioned to me by a friend I would not even have known my name was being bandied about here and things ascribed to me that I really did not say. For instance you forgot to mention that I only said that if pressed I would PROBABLY opt for them being the four horsemen Zechariah mentions. You also forgot to mention that it is ZECHARIAH himself who declares THESE four horsemen of HIS vision are the four Spirits of the Heavens. It was Zechariah's words I was referring to. If you are claiming they are not that is an argument you are having with Zechariah not me.

A friendly word of advice Major, if you are going to go around a lot, as you seem to be doing, and telling people so and so said this or believes that, etc. then you should make very, very, very certain you have got your facts right. Claiming a faulty memory is no defence when in a few moments you can go and read the relevant post again to ENSURE you remember correctly. Spreading false claims about people is called "slander" or "libel" in legal circles. In Christian circles they simply call it unchristlike behaviour. Remember the wise among us will judge those who do this far more severely than those they speak about.

As to arguments I am not seeking them. They chase after me wherever I go, it would seem, I do not go chasing after them.

Rest assured Major I have not been offended by anything that has been thrown at me on any one of several Christian forums I have been on over many years. You can't give offense to a person who refuses to take it. I am merely ensuring that people know that what I said was different to what you inferred HERE on a thread I was not posting to. Had it not been mentioned to me by a friend I would not even have known my name was being bandied about here and things ascribed to me that I really did not say. For instance you forgot to mention that I only said that if pressed I would PROBABLY opt for them being the four horsemen Zechariah mentions. You also forgot to mention that it is ZECHARIAH himself who declares THESE four horsemen of HIS vision are the four Spirits of the Heavens. It was Zechariah's words I was referring to. If you are claiming they are not that is an argument you are having with Zechariah not me.

A friendly word of advice Major, if you are going to go around a lot, as you seem to be doing, and telling people so and so said this or believes that, etc. then you should make very, very, very certain you have got your facts right. Claiming a faulty memory is no defence when in a few moments you can go and read the relevant post again to ENSURE you remember correctly. Spreading false claims about people is called "slander" or "libel" in legal circles. In Christian circles they simply call it unchristlike behaviour. Remember the wise among us will judge those who do this far more severely than those they speak about.

As to arguments I am not seeking them. They chase after me wherever I go, it would seem, I do not go chasing after them.

Thanks for the reminder...........but I believe you will have to admitt that what I stated was not a memory problem but was what you actually said.

Here again is the literal comment made from you on that thread....

MY responce was to what was said and nothing was added whatsoever.

BUT......even at that I have apologized for any misunderstanding whether intention or from what was actually the words posted. It just is not that big a deal.
Now, please can we move on to bigger and better things??? PLEASE!!

Thanks for the reminder...........but I believe you will have to admitt that what I stated was not a memory problem but was what you actually said.

Here again is the literal comment made from you on that thread....

MY responce was to what was said and nothing was added whatsoever.

BUT......even at that I have apologized for any misunderstanding whether intention or from what was actually the words posted. It just is not that big a deal.
Now, please can we move on to bigger and better things??? PLEASE!!

At least MY words and YOUR words are both up there now so people can judge the matter for themselves. But if you do not want these problems to occur you need to stop doing the things that create them.

By the way, to anybody here interested I have now dealt with Major's refutation of my observation. Not here but on the Rev 17 thread where the discussion actually is.

At least MY words and YOUR words are both up there now so people can judge the matter for themselves. But if you do not want these problems to occur you need to stop doing the things that create them.

By the way, to anybody here interested I have now dealt with Major's refutation of my observation. Not here but on the Rev 17 thread where the discussion actually is.

Correctly said.....That is why I posted exactly what you did say.

And by this posting It seems that my friend Mistmann is content to continue argueing.

Please do not say I have not tried to stear the conversation to a more acceptable level.

Correctly said.....That is why I posted exactly what you did say.

And by this posting It seems that my friend Mistmann is content to continue argueing.

Please do not say I have not tried to stear the conversation to a more acceptable level.
:rolleyes:

Back