Revelation

REVELATION 15:6-7..........
And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.
And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

This attire is reminiscent of what Jesus was wearing when He appeared to John (Revelation 1:13). The pure, bright linen represents purity. These angels, therefore, contrast sharply with the evil angels who followed Lucifer in rebellion against God. They represent Christ in His purity and are faithful messengers of God.

Their golden sashes also remind us of what Christ wore when He appeared to John on the island of Patmos. Revelation 1:13 says He wore a golden sash around His chest. Gold symbolizes purity. Exodus 25:11 describes the ark of the covenant as overlaid with pure gold. Also, the table of the presence and its four rings were made of pure gold (Exodus 25:26).

Even the plates, dishes, flagons, and bowls used in worship were made of pure gold (Exodus 25:29).
In the case of the risen Savior and the seven angels, gold represents both purity and the glory of God.

REVELATION 15:8...........
"And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled."

We come now to one of the most disturbing and controversial Scriptures in all of the Bible.

The view here is of the Temple of God in heaven. There is the Throne Room and according to John, the Merch Seat.
But notice carefully.........."and no man was able to enter into the temple".

Apparently there is an END to Mercy from God. Man has killed His prophets, and His Son and refused HIs salvation so God it seems has given His outrage over to these angels to carry out His anger on a sin crazy world. The day of grace has ended and the destiny of those on the earth are sealed.

Now I did not say that, God did............"and no man was able to enter into the temple".

You must read these words and allow God to speak to you so that you can decide. For me, I take it just as it is written.

REVELATION 16:1..........
And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

The study of this chapter will be shocking and disturbing to some. However, it should also cause you to feel several other things:

1. The unbeliever should step back and consider why he does not have a relationship with Christ.
2. It should cause the believer to rejoice that he will not be the subject of God's anger.
3. It should cause everyone to realize that God is not wishy washy who will not judge sin.

Romans 12:19 says..........
"Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.'"

We now come to the 7th Trumpet which is the set of 7 Bowl/Vial judgments.

It should be noted that this world we liv in is under the judgment of God. After 2000 years of preaching, 400 from the USA alone, most people live under the delusion that God is all sweetness, and love and light and would not discipline anyone.

You should by now have seen that while all of that is true, it is just as true that God hates sin and now we are going to see how much that hates is translated into the 7 Bowl judgments.

These last 7 are "complete" and will be world wide.

Remember from chapter #15 that the Temple in heaven is CLOSED! The day of grace is over and there is no more mercy found!

I think that you will see that as these bowls of wrath are poured out, the results resemble what occurred in Egypt when Pharaoh refused to release the Hebrews from captivity. The beast and his followers will feel the intense pain of God's judgment, but they will remain unrepentant.

Last edited:
REVELATION 16;2.........
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

1st VIAL/BOWL judgment is malignant scores or boils on those with the Mark of the Beast.

Noisome = "ill smelling, disgusting".
Grievous = "causing mental and or physical pain".

Three thousand years ago, the Philistines attempted to corrupt the Israelites' faith and faced stern judgment at God's heavy hand. He struck them with tumors (1 Samuel 5:6).

When God struck Egypt with plagues, He caused boils to break out on the Egyptians' bodies (Exodus 9:8–11). Undoubtedly all business and social life will come to a grinding halt because of the severe pain humans experience from the sores.

Because this bowl judgment targets the kingdom of the beast, we can conclude that the bowl judgments occur in the second half of the tribulation.

These same sores are mentioned during future plagues (Revelation 16:11), so these bowl judgments are not entirely separate from each other. At the very least, the effects of this judgment will not have ended before the next ones begin.

Of course many people have given explinations:
1. Radioactive fallout.
2. Pollution.
3. Biochemical warfare.
4. Germ warfare.
5. A hole in the Ozone.
6. Infection from the insertion of a "chip".
7. The ink from the Mark of the Beast if it is a tattoo.

REVELATION 16:3.........
And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

This is not the same as chapter #8. In that chapter, it was the 3rd Trumpet Judgment and 1/3 of Fresh water was affected.

Here it is the 2nd Bowl Judgment and everything in the ocean dies =100%.
Two different judgments, and two different out comes and this one being univerrsal.

This could possibly be the results of 1-4 above. This verse describes the sea as "like the blood of a corpse." This is an unusually specific reference, meaning the writer has in mind a body that's been dead for some time. Whatever happens to the water, it becomes like the rotting fluids found in a decomposing body. As a result, everything in the sea dies.

I hope that you have seen so far that the trumpet judgments expand the seal judgments, and the bowl judgments expand the trumpet judgments. Each series of judgments is more intense than the previous series. Everything is moving toward a climax, when Jesus returns to earth to capture the beast and the false prophet and cast them into the lake of fire.

REVELATION 16:4......
And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

The 3rd Bowl effects ALL fresh water.

Exodus 7:20-21 is a must read for background.

This third bowl judgment affects the water people use for drinking, bathing, washing clothes, and keeping plants, lawns, shrubs, and trees alive. Just as the second bowl judgment seems to have affected all ocean waters, so too does the third bowl judgment seem to pollute all of the world's fresh water.

No water to drink, bath, cool off in or cook with.

When the nation of Israel rejected God and turned to idolatry by building and worshiping a golden calf, Moses ground the idol into powder and sprinkled it into the people's water source (Exodus 32:19–20). Perhaps the gold powder temporarily changed the color of the water. This was God's way of making the people see and taste the putrefying effects of their sin.

Similarly, the beast and his followers had shed the blood of the saints and now would taste blood. Their sin would return to haunt them. This is precisely what an angel will declare in the next few verses.

REVELATION 16:5........
And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.
For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. 7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

An angel is in charge of fresh water on the earth?????............Who knew that???????????

IF the thought is true that a conflict begins in the Middle East and is confined to 1/3 of the land mass......we now see that it has gone world wide and ALL of the earth is affected.

They had shed the blood of saints and prophets, and therefore God gave them blood to drink.

What is in view here is the principle of reciprocity.

When Moses handed down the civil law to Israel, he decreed the principle of reciprocity. It means that a murderer must pay for his crime with his own life. Numbers 35:33 states: .......
"You shall not pollute the land in which you live, for blood pollutes the land, and no atonement can be made for the land for the blood that is shed in it, except by the blood of the one who shed it."

Earlier Moses had warned the Israelites that they could not disobey the Lord without facing the consequences.
Numbers 32:23........
"Be sure your sin will find you out,".

Those who disobey the Lord by practicing idolatry in the tribulation will discover the truth of Moses' warnings.

Now think about all of this. No salt water, no fresh water means no fish to eat, no water to clean and dress the sores and wounds, starvation, infections the oxygen supply will dimmish.

The Four Horsemen of chapter #6 are galloping at full speed across the entire earth. All of this sets up the next Bowl judgment.

REVELATION 16:6-7
"For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

The angel who proclaims that God is holy and just says the wicked received what they deserved. They had shed the blood of saints and prophets, and therefore God gave them blood to drink. The wicked had received ample warnings about the coming wages of their sins.

Whatever God decides to do is right and just and if you disagree with Him, then YOU are wrong!

REVELATION 16;8............
And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

We see here that even the SUN id affected.

The original Roman Empire were SUN worshippers and now the SUN will turn upon the REVIVED Roman Empire.

How many of you have heard about "Death Valley" in California? It's not uncommon for sunlit rocks and paved surfaces around the world to become hot enough to cause serious burns. But when the fourth angel delivers his bowl judgment, striking the sun, temperatures everywhere on earth may far exceed those of Death Valley.

Luke 21:25.........
" And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken."

Deut. 32:24.........
"They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust."

No cool water! IF there is a war in the Middle East, it would no doubt disturb and even stop the flow of oil and No oil for electricity to run air conditioners. No refrigeration.

It is at this time that global warming becomes a reality!

YES. That is a very real answer. A giant hole in the Ozone layer. A giant Solar flare.

It is said that normal temperature could not be measured by a regular thermometer around the Dead Sea area because it would burst and the temp. is 125 in the shade.

REVELATION 16:9.........
And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

This one of the most depressing Scriptures in all of the Bible and it is also one of the most startling.

It also confirms the fact that no one is saved unless God calls them.

If you will recall.......we talked about the Temple being closed and NO ONE could enter into it back in chapter #15.

NOW.....I hope that you can see why I said that! Grace has ended and there is NO ONE able to be saved at this point
One can only imagine a world ravaged by prior judgments, now suffering under intense heat and solar radiation.

Nevertheless, the blazing heat does not soften the hard hearts of the wicked. Instead of turning to God in repentance, they revile God. They recognize He has the power to send the plagues, but they curse Him for sending them.

They refuse to humble themselves. Adamantly, they refuse to repent and ascribe glory to Him. The reaction of the wicked to God's judgment contradicts the notion that manmade civilization is getting better and better and will ultimately arrive at a utopia. Wickedness in the great tribulation is so advanced that civilization chooses to defy God in spite of knowing He is judging them because of their wickedness.

Romans 1:18 states: .........
"The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth."
CONTEXTUAL SIDELINE

Interesting premise. It is also interesting that one of the concerns that the scientists have today is that of a large asteroid, perhaps getting caught in its orbit within the earth's gravitational pull and being drawn to the earth, and the tremendous devastation that would come if we were to have a collision with an asteroid that was, say, five miles or more in diameter. And presently they are watching an asteroid whose orbit is bringing it, as far as the astronomical calculations go, it is going to bring it into a fairly close orbit. It is about a seventy-five mile wide asteroid, which would do tremendous devastation to the earth, should we collide with such an asteroid.

There are several thousand asteroids in the solar system, most of them around the planet Jupiter. There is that asteroid belt there. And they have calculated the orbits of many of these asteroids. Some two thousand of them have an orbit that at some time is apt to interact with the earth. So, the chances of asteroids hitting the earth are three in a million every year.

There have been in the past asteroids that have collided with the earth. The crater that is out there near Windslow, Arizona that is three miles in diameter, they feel that that was probably an asteroid. And they also feel that an asteroid of that size impacting the earth is enough to tilt the earth or push the earth and cause drastic weather changes.
Source:https://www.studylight.org/commentary/revelation/16-9.html

I used to wonder how people could curse the GOD that is punishing them and yet worship a man that is powerless to stop HIM. As I look at some people today I see just that attitude beginning to grow. It is disturbing.

REVELATION 16:10...........
And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain.

Background: Exodus 10:21-23..........
"And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.
22 And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings."

This 5th bowl judgment is unique in that it's specifically targeted at the "throne" of the beast.
The fifth angel's bowl seems primarily to affect the center of the beast's kingdom, the heart of his power. While the other bowl judgments seem to be global, this one might be more localized.

When God smote the ancient Egyptians with darkness, people could not see one another and no one dared to move about.

The prophet Joel predicted that the tribulation would be a day of thick darkness (Joel 2:2).

Afflicted by "harmful and painful sores" (Revelation 16:2) and scorched by the sun (Revelation 16:9), people will not be able to obtain medical help in the total blackout which will increase their sufferings and pain. They will gnaw their tongues in pain.

If this is a literal physical loss of light, and I for one believe that it is it might mean all electrical grids fail, and environmental conditions combine to create a thick, noxious darkness. Without electricity, and in the grip of natural disasters, it would be nearly impossible to use a computer, drive a car, or conduct business. TV news would be silent. Business would fail. Fear will grip people's hearts.

NOW....there is a reason I think for this. If and I think that it is THE reason, this darkness would cause problems with military intelligence and would allow the movement of military troops without detection.

Revelation 16:12.............
And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Consider Revelation 9:16........
"The number of mounted troops was twice ten thousand times ten thousand; I heard their number." = 200 Million.

Now Revelation 16:12.........
" And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared."

In Revelation 9 this army did not cross the Euphrates River. WHY????-------A PEACE TREATY!

Now they cross that river. WHY?????-------------------------DRY river bed.

CONTEXTUAL CONSIDERATIONS =

Turkey has (22) TWENTY TWO dams on the Euphrates River. That would allow Turkey to divert ALL of the water flow to irrigate their own crops on their own land. All it takes is a flip of the switch and BOOM.........NO WATER.

REVELATION 16:13-15...........
And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
(14) For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
(15) Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Verses 13-15 are "Parenthetical" and are a commentary on this judgment, the 5th Bowl. They give us the relationship of demons to the purpose of the Kings of the East, so as to move them to battle where God wants them to be.

Ephesians 2:2 describes the Devil as "the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience." Since the dawn of human history, the Devil has been exerting his influence over unbelievers. In 2 Corinthians 4:4 Paul calls him "the god of this world." In other words, the Devil rules the world, the evil world system. Near the end of the tribulation, he holds unbridled sway over his two evil henchmen.

This passage is building to an event often referred to as a "battle," when in reality it's more of a "war," referred to using the name of a particular location: Armageddon.

The mission of these three spiritual beings is to gather leaders of the world together for this conflict. The time is set for "the great day of God the Almighty." This looks ahead to Revelation chapter 19, which describes the return of Christ, who strikes down the nations and "tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty" (Revelation 19:15). [/ISPOILER][/ISPOILER]

All the armies of earth with all their deadly, sophisticated weaponry will be no match for the Almighty!

Allow me at this point to give you something to think about. Why are these armies gathering???????

Having read this and studied it for many years, allow me to say to you that there is no scholarly consensus about the immediate reasons why these armies gather.

1. Some teachers believe they assemble to battle the beast—the Antichrist—but why would the Devil draw men into battle against his ally?
2. Other teachers offer a more plausible explanation. They think the international armies assemble in order to join the armies of the beast in an all-out attempt to annihilate Israel and the Jews.
3. Then others think that it is to dethrone God and His Son.
4. Then others say that It's possible that they may be initially brought with the intent of fighting against Antichrist, but then turn and
join him to fight a common foe.
5. It is and always has been the plan of God.

Your thoughts???????????

REVELATION 16:16
" And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon."

This exactly what the prophet Joel said in 3:2..........
"I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land."

Interesting contextual fact..........There is no such valley in the land of Judea; and hence the word must be symbolical.
It signifies the judgment of God, or Jehovah judgeth; a place!

It is a place called Armageddon. This name transliterates the Hebrew words har Megid'do, meaning "the hill / mount of Megiddo." Mount Megiddo is close to the city of Megiddo, a former royal Canaanite city (Joshua 12:21), and close to the plain of Esdraelon. Megiddo is also mentioned in Zechariah 12:11 as a reference to the mourning for Josiah who was killed by Egyptian archers in that area (2 Chronicles 35:22–25). The Lord enabled Barak to overthrow the Canaanites at this site (Judges 5:19).

While this event is commonly referred to as the "battle of Armageddon," it looks to be an extended series of ongoing fights.

Zechariah prophesied in Zechariah 14:1–2 that, before the Lord returns, the war of Armageddon will include plundering and raping in Jerusalem. Half of the city will be taken into captivity.

Zech. 14:3.........
"Then the LORD will go out and fight against those nations as when he fights on a day of battle".

To me this means to me that there will actually be something of a "war of Armageddon," ending in the return of Christ at the second coming at Armageddon.

The armies of the East come into the Holy Land and the army of the Beast will move against them.

REVELATION 16:17............
And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

"It is done!"

As I have explained, the seventh instance of a series of judgments was made up of the next series. God's first judgments in the tribulation are seal judgments; the seventh seal is the trumpet judgments. The trumpet judgments are next, and the seventh trumpet judgment is the bowl judgments. God's third and last set of judgments are the bowls. Each series increases in intensity, and now the judgments conclude with the definitive and terrible seventh bowl judgment.

So, there are no more judgments to come at this point.

The Time Frame now is at the point of Armageddon, but not quite.

REVELATION 16:18
And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.

The "Great Voice" is not identified for us. Personally........I believe that it is the voice of the Son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Verse #17 also records a "Voice" saying ......."IT IS DONE".

That is the 2nd time we have heard Him say that. When He was on the cross, dieing for YOU and ME, He said....".IT IS FINISHED"!

That means at that point in time....redemption was wrought and salvation for humanity was finished.
YOU can have a finished redemption - BUT YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT, OR THERE WILL BE A JUDGMENT FOR YOU!

Remember......Christ is the JUDGE and we are at the verse edge of that judgment at this point in time.

IT IS DONE = There is nothing ahead but the judgment, the Great White Throne Judgment.

Lightnings--Voices--and Thunder were the announcements in the beginning of the Great Tribulation. (Rev. 4:5)
Now at the end, we see the very same thing.

the earthquake that follows the outpouring of the seventh bowl is unprecedented in magnitude and destruction. Revelation 16:18 describes it as the greatest earthquake to strike the earth in human history. What is described in the following verses has led interpreters to suggest that the geography of the entire world will be changed—that this event will be worldwide, and not restricted to the region of Israel. If so, then global mountains and coastlines will be altered.

This judgment is a precursor to the calamities that follow. It may also be a preview of what happens when Jesus returns to earth to establish His kingdom. Zechariah 14:4 predicts that when the Lord returns to earth, His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, the place from which He ascended into heaven, and the Mount of Olives will experience an earthquake. The Mount of Olives will split in two from east to west, with a northern half and a southern half.

REVELATION 16:19-20..........
And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

Who or better what is the "Great City"?

1. Jerusalem?
2. Rome?
3. New York?
4. Babylon?

I do not know, but it seems to me that Jerusalem is likely the location here called "the great city," and it, too, experiences the magnitude of the earthquake. It split into three sections. I will not argue that point as no one knows.

The city is said to drain the cup of the wine of the fury of God's wrath. The imagery is significant.

Revelation 17:2 charges Babylon with the sin of making the residents of earth drunk with the wine of her sexual immorality. That does not really fit Biblical history.

The great earthquake that levels cities across the globe may coincide with the dividing in two of the Mount of Olives when Jesus returns to earth (Zechariah 14:4–5).

Further, Babylon may be the capital of the beast's empire.
Many believe that the A/C will be an apostate Jews so that would make Jerusalem the perfect fit.

However, throughout biblical history Babylon is cited as the center of idolatry. That Babylon is in what is now Iraq. It is very possible that the city on the Euphrates River will be built and called Babylon and will be in the tribulation and will incorporate demonic religions.

"Every Island fled away" = tells us that land masses will be shifted from one place to another by this massive quake.
Earthquakes are the major cause of tsunamis, and this earthquake is so massive that islands are noticeably moved. The earthquake also flattens mountains. The world will undergo tremendous topographical changes that include changes to Israel's landscape.

After this even, it appears that Jerusalem will become a seaport as seen in Zechariah 14:8.........
"And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be."

I will try and explain this in more detail when we get to chapter #18 when Babylon the city is destroyed.

The mountainous parts of Israel will disappear (Revelation 16:20). A river will begin its flow from Jerusalem and enter the Dead Sea, making this otherwise unproductive body of water a productive place for fishermen (Ezekiel 47:7–10).

After this even, it appears that Jerusalem will become a seaport as seen in Zechariah 14:8.........
"And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be."
Is Zech 14:8 talking GT or the Millennium Reign ?

Back