Revelation

REVELATION 18:1-3..........
"After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. 2 And he cried 1mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! 3 For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”

Chapter 17 dealt with the religious aspect of the Babylon system. Chapter 18 will deal with the political and economic aspects of Babylon.

Jeremiah 13:17-22 and 50:1-3 tell us that ancient Babylon, once destroyed in 536 BC, was never to be rebuilt and resettled.
Isa 13:19-20 says the same thing!

Is Babylon, Iraq, that "great city" of "Babylon" mentioned 5 times in Revelation 18? Will original Babylon rise up again to exist as the leading city of the Antichrist at the End Time? It may not be in the same location as Ancient, but somewhere on the Euphrates river?????
Could there become another city called Babylon or a city somewhere else in the world that is dominated by the Antichrist?

Now, if you do the study and work you will find out that Babylon --- the complete absence of Inhabitants at Babylon has never occurred. ...Therefore, Babylon's FINAL FALL is yet to happen in the Future.

1663771250658.png
Source: https://bibleprophecyaswritten.com/babylon-to-be-rebuilt-1/

This shows that people were and are living in what was known as Babylon. So, the FAll of Babylon is yet in the future.

THEREFORE...Babylon of Chaldea Must Rise Again
1. On the Date that Babylon is Finally Destroyed, for ever-after there will be no more Photographs at Babylon of Inhabitants, Arab Dwellers, Recycled Stones, Trees and Gardens, Shepherds and Sheep, or Visitors.
2. Yet, in every case, there exists PHOTOGRAPHS. Furthermore, the prophecies of Babylon's "utter destruction" and "complete desolation" have never been fulfilled. (Jer 50:13, 26)
3. Therefore, Babylon of Chaldea, Iraq, must Rise Up to meet that Final Destruction.

Verse #3 says that this city has world wide influence. "FOR", the guilt of sin is here declared to be the foundation of the judgment to come.

"Merchants of the Earth" = Brokers, big business, deal makers, profit takers. There are only TWO things in Iraq that are worth anything-
1. SAND.
2. OIL.

Many scholars are convinced that Papel Rome is in view here and is the great end time city.
That is very possible but there is no way that it is just the Papel system. It would have to include the entire ecumenical apostate church.

Some say that this city is New York. NY is a center of high finance and has the United Nations headquartered there. London is also a financial center. Some also say that this city is Jerusalem Israel. We will see later that this city must be a "Port City" with a harbor for ships.

REVELATION 18:4-5
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

To have fellowship with her means to be judged with her. Guilt by association! Sounds a lot like Genesis 19 when the angel cried out for Lot to come out from Sodom.

If the believers stayed in Babylon, they might succumb to the temptation to partake of its cultural and religious life.

REVELATION 18:6
Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

Divine Law = "An Eye for An Eye", is doubled because of the enormity of her sins.

This wicked system and city has had a time of complete splendor where her every whim was gratified. This is the last 3 and 1/2 years of the Great Tribulation Period. The A/C and his government will ride his beast and have complete rule over the earth.

But......judgment has now come! It will come in "One Day". I believe this is exactly what the Scriptures say....."ONE DAY".
Verse #10 will say ONE HOUR!

Now........what could cause such a large city to be burned up in ONE HOUR of ONE DAY. Sodom and Gomorrah would saw and angel can do it!

Of course an asteroid could do it. What about a nuclear attack? Remember Revelation 17:17?????

I have heard that Babylon the great could be the economic system. This theory has 3 forms of Babylon. The religious, the economic, and the government.

I have heard that Babylon the great could be the economic system. This theory has 3 forms of Babylon. The religious, the economic, and the government.

True. In essence, what is represented in the 17th and 18th chapters of Revelation is the “adulterous” fusing of money, and Apostate Religion running a governmrnt. It is the vehicle that the A/C rides into power on.

REVELATION 18:7
How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

In chapter 17, "Babylon" was used in reference to a corrupt spiritual approach. Here, it's a city, perhaps standing in symbolically for an entire empire.

The voice from heaven, heard by John, recalled how Babylon had glorified herself. Like the builders of the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11), Babylon had attempted to make a name for herself. The beast wanted his empire to be the admiration and wonder of the whole world. Because Babylon had an exalted opinion of herself, she lavished luxuries on herself.

Today, those who feel they are the center of the universe and deserve everything they can lavish on themselves fail to heed Jesus' warning that no one can serve God and money in Matthew 6:24.

A life full of things but devoid of God is an empty life that is headed for an eternity full of suffering and remorse.

Babylon, as a culture, is smug and complacent. She considers herself a queen who will never cease to be prosperous nor be deserted. However, she deceives herself and demonstrates the truth that "pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall" (Proverbs 16:18).

we will be starting a Bible study tonight at Church on the book of Revelation yes i will be using some of your sources as few others i trust..

we will be starting a Bible study tonight at Church on the book of Revelation yes i will be using some of your sources as few others i trust..

That is a real blessing my brother. Nothing I place on the forum is copywrited and I do it just so that others can do what you just said you were going to do.

But please, please.........YOU do the study on your own. YOU confirm my posts and I hope that God will speak to you through His Word as He did to me so that we will be in agreement and that you will teach effectively.

REVELATION 18:8
Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

According to this verse, Babylon, the capital city of the A/C, will end abruptly. Her destruction will be sudden, not gradual. It will be decisive and terrifying.

In the end times, the demise of this symbolic Babylon city will be as surprising and sudden as the death of King Belshazzar. He profaned the temple's sacred vessels, was opulent, immoral, and egotistical. However, while he and a thousand of his lords were partying, a hand appeared on the plaster of the palace wall. The terrifying sight caused him great alarm, and he sought someone to interpret the writing. After his wise men failed to interpret the writing, Daniel was fetched to do so. He announced that the writing spelled the end of Belshazzar's kingdom. That same night the party was over; Belshazzar was killed (see Daniel 5).

In a moment, "the party" will end for Babylon as well. Her plagues will come in a single day. Death, mourning, and famine will strike her, and she will be consumed with fire. The Lord will show in His judgment that He is mighty and she is merely finite.

Will it be LITRAL FIRE??? Was Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed by fire ?????

That is a real blessing my brother. Nothing I place on the forum is copywrited and I do it just so that others can do what you just said you were going to do.

But please, please.........YOU do the study on your own. YOU confirm my posts and I hope that God will speak to you through His Word as He did to me so that we will be in agreement and that you will teach effectively.
just simply a guide

REVELATION 18:9.........
And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

This city is destroyed at the outpouring of the 7th Bowl judgment which takes place before the final end at Armageddon.

Everything in that city......everything will be centered and will be in rebellion against God. No one then will think that the great city can be touched., yet in one day it will be destroyed.

Can you imagine what will be said on the 6:00 news on every news outlet. The whole world will howl.

REVELATION 18:10
Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

This verse confirms that what is in view in this chapter is a CITY!.

Due to our modern media technology, the sudden destruction of this political-and-economic entity will be seen by one and all.

These mourning kings and rulers of the earth will stand far off from the burning city, fearing her judgment may reach them if they get too close. From what they think is a safe distance, they lament her passing. They cry, "Alas! Alas!" Some translation say WOE! WOE! and describe Babylon as a great and mighty city. Though they weren't sad to see "religious Babylon" fall, they will react with despair when their financial interests are at stake.

WHY??? Money!

REVELATION 18:11
"And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:"

Another group of people are introduced...."MERCHANTS". What troubles them is the loss of a thriving market.

Now that Babylon is just a pile of ashes, no one remains to purchase their goods. They mourn the loss of money more than the loss of life. Crass materialism characterizes them. Their main concern is the bottom line. The apostle James addressed unscrupulous businessmen in his epistle.

James wrote in 5:1-6: .........
"Come now, you rich, weep and howl for the miseries that are coming upon you…Behold, the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, are crying out against you, and the cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of hosts. You have lived on the earth in luxury and in self-indulgence. You have fattened your hearts in a day of slaughter. You have condemned and murdered the righteous person".

The objects of James' accusations typify the merchants in the tribulation. Whatever loss of life accompanies the fall of Babylon, these men are primarily grieved over their loss of business.

REVELATION 18:12........
The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble.

This verse begins a list of what the merchants sold to the residents of Babylon. The items mentioned here are the most prized commodities of the ancient world—making them a symbolic image of anything valuable and commercial. Rather than being a woodenly literal list, the point made here is to emphasize the affluent lifestyle of the residents of Babylon.

Only the wealthy could afford such goods. Likely, the affluent people of Babylon flaunted their wealth by showing off and stockpiling treasures. They likely adorned themselves with jewelry; wore expensive, colorful robes; and used flashy, choice materials in the construction and furnishing of their houses.

REVELATION 18:13
and cinnamon and spice and incense and perfume and frankincense and wine and olive oil and fine flour and wheat and cattle and sheep, and cargoes of horses and chariots and slaves and human lives.

The list continues.

Cinnamon was a perfume for the bed.
Myrrh and frankincense, used for medicinal and embalming purposes, were among the gifts the wise men brought to Jesus.
Wine was a beverage
Oil had many purposes ranging from medicinal to lighting and food.
Fine flour and wheat were used in cooking and baking.
Cattle and sheep were livestock provisions.
Horses and chariots provided transportation for the wealthy.

An especially disturbing inclusion on this list is that of slaves. The merchants engaged in human trafficking and thereby showed they totally disregarded human beings as God's creation. Modern people often falsely assume slavery is a thing of the past. Sadly, people across the world, and in all cultures, are still kidnapped and forced into labor, sex trades, or other abuses even today. While this list is mostly symbolic, many of the items included could still be considered valuable during the end times, and it's not difficult to imagine a wicked, corrupt culture engaging in widespread human trafficking.

REVELATION 18:14............
And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all.

Everything the residents of Babylon passionately desired was at their fingertips. But they made a huge mistake. They thought things could satisfy the longing of their souls. Only God can satisfy the soul.

Now.....It is not wrong to have things, or money, but it is wrong for things and money to have us. Like the rich but foolish farmer, the people of end-times Babylon will find out too late that wealth and goods cannot satisfy the soul. Addressing Babylon, Revelation 18:14 declares, "All your delicacies and your splendors are lost to you, never to be found again!"

REVELATION 18:15-16.......
The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing,
And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls!

John encouraged all of us in 1 John 2:15-17 to...........
"Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever".

If we want something that lasts throughout eternity, we ought to obey God, because the rewards of faithful service endure forever. Everything the evil world system deems important is already deteriorating and ultimately will vanish.

REVELATION 18:17
For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off,

And right here is the reason I stated that Jerusalem "might not" be this city of Babylon. Jerusalem today is approx. FORTY MILES (40) to the Mediterranean Ocean. This Scripture tells us that SHIPS and SAILORS and those that TRADE BY THE SEA are witnesses.

It seems to me that we are being told that this city of Babylon must be a SEA PORT city.

Now, if you recall Revelation 16:19-20...............
"The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath. Every island fled away and the mountains could not be found"........we can see that the massive earthquake will rearrange the geography of the area.

It would then be possible to understand that there may be a harbor created then for Jerusalem IF Jerusalem is in view.

Also, the actual city of ancient Babylon is FIFTY MILES (50) south of Baghdad Iraq and that is 250 miles inland from the Persian Gulf.
However......The river Euphrates ran through Babylon, and we know from Revelation 16:12 that the Euphrates will be dried up.

So, as China and India demand more and more oil, will a NEW CITY be built where the river runs into the Persian Gulf? It could then be the center of oil exports and shipping????? Only A thought!

REVELATION 18:18-19.............
And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city!
And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.

They mourn because of depression from the loss of their income.

REVELATION 18:20.........
Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on.

There were 3 groups of people listed as mourners in verses #9-17.
1. Kings of the earth.
2. Merchants of the earth.
3. Shipmasters.

Now we have three groups that are encouraged to rejoice that Babylon has fallen. Those groups are
1. Saints...........= anyone who has believed in Christ
2. Apostles......= "Apostles" are those 12 men who saw the risen Lord and received a commission from Him personally.
3. Prophets.....= "Prophets" were those gifted by the Lord to disclose His will to the church before the New Testament was complete.

Did YOU notice something unique about this verse?????

This declaration comes in the same section as the seafarers' mourning, suggesting they are the ones telling the saints to rejoice.

That would tend to indicate that the Seafarers knew that this was a judgment from God. It does not mean that that turned To God, only that they knew where this came from.

Back