Revelation

This is interesting is it not. I can interpret this as an admonition as much as an endorsement.
But that is the glory and greatness of scripture, it has levels within levels and multiple viewpoints.
Thank you for your answer.
There may be multiple viewpoints, but I believe it is our duty to seek out the intention of the Author (the Holy Spirit), as He does not speak with forked tongue lol.

REVELATION 3:1-6........
"And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

Three churches are left to be discussed. In the verses above we see the church at SARDIS.

Jesus makes the same statement He did to the other churches...."I KNOW THY WORKS"!

This church has a reputation of being alive, but Jesus says they are DEAD!

1. God does not want dead churches.
2. A church may grow in numbers but if its people are not growing spiritually, the result will be a dead church.
3. A church may have a lot of activity/programs but if there is no COMMITTMENT to service, there can be no spirituality.

Jesus has always had a 5 fold plan for any church to have a revival.

1. "Be Watchful.
2. "Strengthen the things which remain that are ready to die".
3. "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard".
4. "Hold fast".
5. "Repent".

Then Christ gives them a warning = Stay alert and be watchful or he will come on them as a theif in the night and they will not know the hour He is coming.

Now cross reference that with Revelation 16:15 and Matthew 24:36.

Rev. 16:15........
“Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

Matthew 24:36..
" But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. "

Jesus then gives them and US some glorious promises to the over comer........
1. A White raiment.
2. Our name will not be blotted out of the book of life.
3. Jesus will confess our name before the Father and the angels in heaven!!!!!

May I say to all of you....our goal, our hope is that when we stand before the Father, He will look at us and see the blood of our dear Lord Jesus Christ on us, and look us in the eye and say............."Welcome home my child, welcome home"!!!

Major, regarding your comment "I really believe that is why there is so much drama and conflict in the middle east today. Therefor, the Revelation of Jesus Christ is the specific unfolding of the "signs of wars and rumors of wars" that Jesus speaks of in Matthew 24."

Personally, I do not recall of any time when "drama and conflict" has not been available in the middle east.

I recall, during Desert Storm, when Iraqi forces were aiming scud missiles towards Israel, how hard the US worked to convince Israel not to retaliate and to allow our forces to knock those scuds out before they hit their targets. Many thought this was the sign of the beginning of the end. Sadly enough, we were not successful at hitting those missiles, yet Israel showed great retrain. Had they not, who knows how that conflict would have ended.

As it turned out, it was the US who lost the most from these missiles, when, on the last day of the conflict, one hit Riyadh and killed 27.

rtm3039

You are correct. However.......as the time of the 2nd Coming draws closer, the tension/stress is magnified and the slightest little human error can open the door to war.

Example.....A Jewish zealot arms himself with explosives as do the Muslims and goes into the Temple of the Dome of the Rock and blows it completely up, what do YOU think will happen the next day???????

Thanks Major -Great topic for some learning! Looking forward to the learning :)
A question: Aside from Daniel, what other books will be mentioned in the discussion / study?
"Revelation" (Greek Apokalupsis) means "an uncovering", "an unveiling", or "a disclosure".

It is a necessity to have an understanding of Daniel. The Revelation is actually the "unveiling" of Daniels prophecy.

Zecheriah and Joel are also helpful and Matthew 24 as well. Ezekiel and Isaiah will also be quoted.

Now as I reach this point I need to tell you WITHOUT apology that I approach this from the "Pre-millennial,-- futurist approach".
This approach Insists that the events of (chapters 4-22), are yet future, and that those chapters literally and symbolically depict actual people and events yet to appear on the world scene.

This method describes the events surrounding the second coming of Jesus Christ (chapters 6-19), the Millennium and final judgment (chapter 20), and the eternal state (chapters 21 and 22). Only this view does justice to Revelation's claim to be prophecy and interprets the book by the same grammatical-historical method as (chapters 1-3), and the rest of Scripture.

Please understand......I know that some reading this will not agree with me. Also know that I am not going to DEBATE WITH ANYONE on what their view is. That is not what this thread is about.

So then REVELATION 3:7-13............
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

It is MY understanding that this is the church to be RAPTURED. The Prophetic application is from the Resurrection to today!

Remember, this is NOT a message from John. All of this is direct from the Lord Jesus Christ, GOD!

HE identifies Himself in verse #7 as --
“him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.”

This description of Jesus emphasizes His holiness, His sovereignty, and His authority. The reference to the key of David is an allusion to the Messianic prophecy Isaiah 22>22............
"And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open."

Jesus is the one who opens and shuts, and no one can say Him nay. It also confirms that He who wrote Isaih also wrote the Revelation.

Verse #8 says .....
“I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name” .

The church of Philadelphia was weak in some respects, yet they had remained faithful in the face of trial. Because of this, the Lord promises them an “open door” of blessing.

In verse #9 we see ............
“I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you” .

Those who persecuted the believers (the persecutors were religious hypocrites in this case) would one day realize Christ loves His children. The church of Philadelphia would be victorious over its enemies.

Now right here in verses #10-11 is the reason I present my understanding the Philadelphia church will be the Raptured church.

Jesus encourages the Philadelphian believers regarding His future coming: ........
“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown”.

The church’s faithful endurance would serve as a blessing. Jesus would take them to be with Him before the coming tribulation.

1 Thess. 4:13-18.............
"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

He also exhorts them to remain faithful, because this would lead to rewards in the afterlife. Based on this and other passages, many Bible interpreters conclude that the RAPTURE is an event distinct from the 2nd Coming of Christ. The fact that the Philadelphians are promised to be preserved from the time of the tribulation corresponds with the pre-tribulation view of the timing of the Rapture.

Jesus provides a final promise to the believers in Philadelphia and to all believers: verse 12.......+
“Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down from out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name”.

Professor Thomas Constable notes------
“God promised that He will not just honor overcomers by erecting a pillar in their name in heaven, as was the custom in Philadelphia. He will make them pillars in the spiritual temple of God, the New Jerusalem (21:22; cf.).
Gal. 2:9; 1 Cor. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 6:16; Eph. 2:19-22; 1 Pet. 2:4-10).” (Source: Thomas Constable, Notes on Revelation )

"Revelation" (Greek Apokalupsis) means "an uncovering", "an unveiling", or "a disclosure".

It is a necessity to have an understanding of Daniel. The Revelation is actually the "unveiling" of Daniels prophecy.

Zecheriah and Joel are also helpful and Matthew 24 as well. Ezekiel and Isaiah will also be quoted.

Thanks..

Btw- I'm still studying along with this... just a bit behind, and doing other reading also.. :)

Thanks..

Btw- I'm still studying along with this... just a bit behind, and doing other reading also.. :)

Outstanding! If I am going to fast..........just say so.

It would be my greatest blessing if everyone reading this would do the work, look up in the Bible and other commentaries and see if I am right on track with them.

Now.......there may be one who does not agree with the Rapture or its timing or some other element and that is another discussion.

Before 1948 when Israel declared itself as a nation, all was relatively quiet...then BOOM.

YES.
May 14, 1948 is THE date in which God's prophetic clock kicked in.

The LORD prophesied, over 3,000 years ago, that the Israelite Jews would be exiled from their Holy Land for around 2,500 Years. After that period of separation, He promised to RETURN them to their Biblical Homeland. In 606 BC, the Jewish exile began. In the EXACT number of Biblically-prophesied years later, in 1948, God fulfilled His promise. He gathered the Jews from all of the nations of the world where they had been scattered, brought them BACK to their Ancient Promised Land, and the Nation of Israel was REBORN. The LORD faithfully kept His 3,000 year old Promise, to the EXACT YEAR.

The formula is found in EZEKIEL 4:4-6.

The LORD faithfully kept His 3,000 year old Promise, to the EXACT YEAR.

The formula is found in EZEKIEL 4:4-6.
Ezekiel 4:4-7 (KJV) Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity. For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel. And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year. Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it.

Major, I find the concept quite interesting, but I find myself quite mathematically challenged in this case. 390 days + 40 days = 430 days /(years). Can you help me out good buddy?

Ezekiel 4:4-7 (KJV) Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity. For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel. And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year. Therefore thou shalt set thy face toward the siege of Jerusalem, and thine arm shall be uncovered, and thou shalt prophesy against it.

Major, I find the concept quite interesting, but I find myself quite mathematically challenged in this case. 390 days + 40 days = 430 days /(years). Can you help me out good buddy?

Absolutly. I was hoping someone would ask.

Ex. 4:4-6.........
“God said to Ezekiel, ‘Now lie on your left side for 390 days to show Israel will be punished for 390 years by captivity and doom. Each day you lie there represents a year of punishment ahead for Israel. Afterwards, turn over and lay on your right side for 40 days,to signify the years of Judah’s punishment. Each day will represent one year…” .

From Ezek.4: 4-6 we have 390 days of Judgment against the 10 northern tribes of Israel + 40 days of Judgment against the 2 southern tribes of Israel, which equals 430 years of Judgment against the Jewish Nation.
In 606 BC, Israel was taken into captivity by Babylon for exactly 70 years. So, 430 years of judgment determined against nation of Israel – 70 fulfilled during the Babylonian captivity = 360 years remaining in judgment.

After the Babylonian captivity, many have wondered where exactly was the remaining 360 year judgment in Israel’s history? We must look to the Biblical “7X Factor” of God’s Judgment. Biblical scholars could not find any specific captivity or dispersion that fulfilled the 360 years left in the judgment until a closer look into the Book of Leviticus revealed the 7X prophetic warning.

Leviticus 26:18 .......
"And if ye will not yet for these things hearken unto me, then I will chastise you seven times more for your sins. "

God thus warned Israel that if they continued in their disobedience He would multiply their judgment by SEVEN TIMES. God always says what He means, and He means what He says. Now let’s apply the 7X factor to the remaining 360 years of judgment against the Nation of Israel in this remarkable mathematical Prophecy… 360 years x 7 = 2,520 Years of judgment remaining for Israel.

The Jewish calendar uses a 360 day lunar (and Prophetic) year and then adds a Leap Month on specific years to accurately coincide with the Solar cycle which we use on our Julian calendar. The Holy Bible uses 360 day years for prophecies and expects us to add the appropriate leap months on schedule. So, the easiest way to unravel this Prophecy is to first convert it into days…

2,520 years x 360 days = 907,200 days of Judgment remained against Israel after the Babylonian captivity. We then convert the 907,200 days into our 365.25 day solar (Julian) years (the .25 adjusts for leap years)… 907,200 days ÷ 365.25 days = 2,483.78 years of God’s Judgment remained upon Israel.

In 606 BC, Israel was taken into Babylonian captivity – 70 Years = 536 BC. Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this Judgment + 1 Year, because there is no “0” BC or AD, and we arrive at 1948 AD!
The end of Israel’s Judgment culminated in the RETURN of the Jews to their Biblical Homeland, and Israel was officially declared and globally recognized as a Nation again for the first time in over 2,500 years! HalleluYah!!!

Even more amazing, the time period of their being exiled from their Holy Land by the Babylonians to the year in which Babylon destroyed Jerusalem was 19 years. The time period of Israel regaining their Homeland in 1948, and reclaiming Jerusalem as their Holy Capital in 1967, was 19 YEARS!

NOW PLEASE NOTICE!!! I DO NOT SET DATES AND I DO NOT ACCEPT THEM.

What I am simply saying is that the Lord Jesus was prophesying that His Return would not come until after God’s Chosen Nation of Israel was REBORN. 1948 began the generation that would live to SEE the Return of Jesus Christ according to Matthew 24:32.
A generation Biblically is at least 70 years. With all of the other signs that have been fulfilled around us in recent years, our Lord could return to rapture us at any moment!

There is not one single Bible prophesy left to be fulfilled so as to allow Jesus to return except the Rapture of the Church.

So, to all of you who doubt Biblical Prophecy, especially concer

Thanks..

Revelation 3:14-19......
"And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write,

‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent."

The final church is a LAODICA. This will be the church that remains AFTER the Rapture.

You mean that there will be people going to church after the Rapture. YES!!!

The world will flood to the Churches all over the world after the Rapture. They will be seeking answers as to what happened to their friends and loved ones. Because those loved ones have told them that they found peace with God......that is where they think that they will find answers.

It is MY opinion that by that time, the Anti-Christ may even instruct all people to attend church as "he" will be the one to help them through this time of loss.

This will be a "religious" but totally rejecting church. They will not be hot or cold but sit on the fence and wee which way the wind blows.
You I think see that in your church today.

They want one foot in the church and the other one in the world. The result is that they are a failure in both areas. Personally, I think that is why some people wander away from the church and show up from time to time. They are not comfortable in the world because the Holy Spirit will not leave them alone and convicts them. Then they are not comfortable in the church because they know that they are hypocrites.

You see, God is an extremist!

We either serve God or the devil and there is actually no middle ground. That is 100% Bible doctrine because the Bible says that you are either SAVED or you are LOST. There is no such thing as almost saved.

Matthew 12:30 [Jesus said]
“Whoever is not with me is against me…”!

The "agnostic" for example, or the "Sincerely Religious" says that he or she “doesn’t know” if there is a God. On the surface that sounds like the person is being candid and honest. But the reality of Jesus as the Son of God has been clearly revealed to this world by the Scriptures, by the very creation, by the Holy Spirit speaking to our hearts, and by His historical life on this earth 20 centuries ago.

Jesus did not define 3 kinds of people — with Him, against Him, or somewhere in between — but just two. He said every living person is either with Him or is against Him.

Matthew 12:30 [Jesus said]
“…whoever does not
gather with me scatters.”

John 3:16, 36
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever
believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

Matthew 25:31-34, 41
“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. “Then the King will say to those on his right [
‘the sheep,’ the saved], ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world… [41] “Then he will say to those on his left [‘the goats,’ the lost], ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.”

In these verses Jesus speaks of His future Second Coming. All those who have ever lived on earth will be assembled before Him and categorized as either "sheep" (the saved) or "goats" (the lost).

Each category has its proper destination. The saved (“sheep”) will rejoice as Jesus tells them, “Come, you who are blessed … take your inheritance, the kingdom.” By contrast, His word to the lost (“goats”) is, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire…”

2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, NKJV [God will] give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe

These verses specifically identify two groups who will be alive on earth at the 2nd Coming of Christ— again, the saved and the lost. This verse precisely differentiates their destinies.

Those who are saved, the ones who chose to live their lives “with” Jesus, at His coming are said “to be glorified in His saints and…admired among all those who believe.” As we read in our previous verse, they are confirmed as eternally blessed residents of their “inheritance,” the kingdom of God.

On the other hand we see the terrible plight of the unsaved, those who are against Jesus and did not in their lives “obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.” They will see “the Lord Jesus revealed from heaven … in flaming fire taking vengeance” on all who have rejected Him. They will be “punished with everlasting destruction,” being ultimately consigned for all eternity to “the lake of fire” (Revelation 20:15).

Verse #16 = TOTAL REJECTION of those who SAID they knew Him, but lived a life that showed the opposite. Remember, Jesus is addressing a "church".

This would be surprising. Historically the Church under persecution (there will be plenty of that during the Tribulation) thrives, grows stronger, and zealous.

True......but remember, this is NOT a "Christian" church. If I am right.......all born again believers will have been removed and this gathering of people will be the "Religious Lost".

Religion is man’s attempt to find God on his own. Religion creates a goal, which may be a deity or a higher plane of existence, and then declares certain steps necessary to reach that goal. Because of religion, lost people consider themselves not lost. Imagine a hiker who has lost his way. After hours of fruitless searching for the right path, he decides to set up camp in an unknown forest and declare that he is now home. He will no longer try to be rescued. Although he still does not know where he is, familiarity with his immediate surroundings gives him the illusion of being found.

Maybe I can answer @crosnote......"Hmmmm".

The Laodicean will be a church in name only, not Christian functions.

The born again believers will have left the earth along with the Holy Spirit. Those left will demand answers as to what happened and where are their loved ones.

1 Thess. 4:15-18...........
"For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words."

Now it is not my intent to argue between a pre-tribulation and post-tribulation rapture; however, as one looks at the last verse in the above passage, it seems to me that a post-tribulation rapture would not be very comforting and is virtually impossible to suggest.

It will be the A/C who will give them the answers. Now I have NO idea what soever BUT..........When thinking of the peculiar things of the world, the New Age Movement tends to come to mind. Psychics, mantras, astrology and crystals are some of the symbols of this diverse group of the extremely spiritually deceived. Another topic that has always interested New Agers has been UFOs and Extraterrestrials.

In an article by a former New Age participant, Jim Sayles describes a prevailing belief among New Agers. Sayles describes what Israeli psychic, Uri Geller, said-------------

“(extra-terrestrials) would not interfere until, in a single night, at the peak of the conflict, they would remove millions of humans who resist this initiation into a higher spiritual consciousness and ‘re-educate’ them before returning them to Earth a few years later.”

Ummmm!

It is my thinking that the day after the removal of born again believers, churches will be fill with people wanting answers.......BUT,
It will be too late due to the fact that they KNEW of Jesus Christ and rejected Him.

2 Thess. 2:8-12.............
"And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

1. God does not want dead churches.
2. A church may grow in numbers but if its people are not growing spiritually, the result will be a dead church.
3. A church may have a lot of activity/programs but if there is no COMMITTMENT to service, there can be no spirituality.

Jesus has always had a 5 fold plan for any church to have a revival.

1. "Be Watchful.
2. "Strengthen the things which remain that are ready to die".
3. "Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard".
4. "Hold fast".
5. "Repent".

Then Christ gives them a warning = Stay alert and be watchful or he will come on them as a theif in the night and they will not know the hour He is coming.
this is good and lots truth i been preaching in the united Methodist church i grew up in.. there pastor had step down move . if i accomplished anything it was to get them to think outside the umc... i do not care for the conference to many hirelings . i was given some tough messages to preach this coming sunday is my last sunday.. they have a pastor coming the 13th. imo there is not much encouragement to grow and be quickened by the spirit

Now as I reach this point I need to tell you WITHOUT apology that I approach this from the "Pre-millennial,-- futurist approach".
This approach Insists that the events of (chapters 4-22), are yet future, and that those chapters literally and symbolically depict actual people and events yet to appear on the world scene.

This method describes the events surrounding the second coming of Jesus Christ (chapters 6-19), the Millennium and final judgment (chapter 20), and the eternal state (chapters 21 and 22). Only this view does justice to Revelation's claim to be prophecy and interprets the book by the same grammatical-historical method as (chapters 1-3), and the rest of Scripture.

Please understand......I know that some reading this will not agree with me. Also know that I am not going to DEBATE WITH ANYONE on what their view is. That is not what this thread is about.

So then REVELATION 3:7-13............
And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

It is MY understanding that this is the church to be RAPTURED. The Prophetic application is from the Resurrection to today!

Remember, this is NOT a message from John. All of this is direct from the Lord Jesus Christ, GOD!

HE identifies Himself in verse #7 as --
“him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.”

This description of Jesus emphasizes His holiness, His sovereignty, and His authority. The reference to the key of David is an allusion to the Messianic prophecy Isaiah 22>22............
"And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open."

Jesus is the one who opens and shuts, and no one can say Him nay. It also confirms that He who wrote Isaih also wrote the Revelation.

Verse #8 says .....
“I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name” .

The church of Philadelphia was weak in some respects, yet they had remained faithful in the face of trial. Because of this, the Lord promises them an “open door” of blessing.

In verse #9 we see ............
“I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you” .

Those who persecuted the believers (the persecutors were religious hypocrites in this case) would one day realize Christ loves His children. The church of Philadelphia would be victorious over its enemies.

Now right here in verses #10-11 is the reason I present my understanding the Philadelphia church will be the Raptured church.

Jesus encourages the Philadelphian believers regarding His future coming: ........
“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth. I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown”.

The church’s faithful endurance would serve as a blessing. Jesus would take them to be with Him before the coming tribulation.

1 Thess. 4:13-18.............
"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

He also exhorts them to remain faithful, because this would lead to rewards in the afterlife. Based on this and other passages, many Bible interpreters conclude that the RAPTURE is an event distinct from the 2nd Coming of Christ. The fact that the Philadelphians are promised to be preserved from the time of the tribulation corresponds with the pre-tribulation view of the timing of the Rapture.

Jesus provides a final promise to the believers in Philadelphia and to all believers: verse 12.......+
“Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down from out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name”.

Professor Thomas Constable notes------
“God promised that He will not just honor overcomers by erecting a pillar in their name in heaven, as was the custom in Philadelphia. He will make them pillars in the spiritual temple of God, the New Jerusalem (21:22; cf.).

Gal. 2:9; 1 Cor. 3:16-17; 2 Cor. 6:16; Eph. 2:19-22; 1 Pet. 2:4-10).” (Source: Thomas Constable, Notes on Revelation )
you are entitled to what you posted and believe and i can respect that yes for the most agree .. i seldom say agree to someone doing a rev study. i sit back and listen and ponder

Back