commingle a little grace with it. To do this, the preachers
must spend
most of their preaching time in the Old Testament, the
Gospels, and the
book of Acts. This means most believers hear an earthly
gospel because
the kingdom message is strictly focused on restoration of
the earth,
with health and prosperity as the major themes.
The greatest harm is
the people are being denied the blessings of their
in-Christ position,
which supersedes any and all Judaistic blessings. Worse
still, because
the true gospel is not preached, they learn little or
nothing about the
birthing. It is sad because when grace is preached and
understood, the
born-again children of God come behind in no spiritual
blessing. There
is no lack in answered prayers; there are more healings and
miracles,
and you live unseparated from the Christ in you. Most of
all, the
believer under grace now has a new Father-son relationship
that cannot
be known in its entirety as long as one lives under the law,
not rightly
dividing the Word of Truth.

.... there are more healings and miracles,
Really?

I agree, @Noblemen, that acknowledging the change of administration which took place following Acts 28, and the revelation of the dispensation of the mystery, made known to Paul while in prison, and communicated to us via. Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Timothy, and Titus, is vital. Yet more healings and miracles are not promised to us.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Today, most people in our modern churches do not
recognize the change
that came at the close of the book of Acts. They believe
they are of
Abraham’s seed; and to a great extent, they still preach
and believe in
the Abrahamic blessings. That is why churches today preach
law and
commingle a little grace with it. To do this, the preachers
must spend
most of their preaching time in the Old Testament, the
Gospels, and the
book of Acts. This means most believers hear an earthly
gospel because
the kingdom message is strictly focused on restoration of
the earth,
with health and prosperity as the major themes.
The greatest harm is
the people are being denied the blessings of their
in-Christ position,
which supersedes any and all Judaistic blessings. Worse
still, because
the true gospel is not preached, they learn little or
nothing about the
birthing. It is sad because when grace is preached and
understood, the
born-again children of God come behind in no spiritual
blessing. There
is no lack in answered prayers; there are more healings and
miracles,
and you live unseparated from the Christ in you. Most of
all, the
believer under grace now has a new Father-son relationship
that cannot
be known in its entirety as long as one lives under the law,
not rightly
dividing the Word of Truth.
Since returning to the States after 14 years, I'm appalled by the junk email from churches that advertise! They have pony rides, picnics, bouncy castles, summer camp, etc. Not ONE word concerning God or the power of the Holy Spirit or Jesus Who died for us. It's like they're trying to build a county fair. Jesus draws all men to Him. Be filled with the power of the Lord and take the money and help the poor. This is why I don't attend buildings, they don't have the power and what's worse, they don't even know it, Rev 3:17.

I agree, Noblement, that recognising the change in administration which took place following Acts 28, and the revelation of the dispensation of the mystery, made known to Paul while in prison, and made known through the epistles written to Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, is vital to be able to see the position
Since returning to the States after 14 years, I'm appalled by the junk email from churches that advertise! They have pony rides, picnics, bouncy castles, summer camp, etc. Not ONE word concerning God or the power of the Holy Spirit or Jesus Who died for us. It's like they're trying to build a county fair. Jesus draws all men to Him. Be filled with the power of the Lord and take the money and help the poor. This is why I don't attend buildings, they don't have the power and what's worse, they don't even know it, Rev 3:17.

Hi @Abdicate,

This is true everywhere I'm afraid. It appeals to the flesh, and is used to draw people into the community of believers, in the hope that they will in the process, also come under the sound of the gospel and be saved. Surely that is the reason for such outreach attempts.

Yet this is no indication of what Noblemen has said, concerning the failure to acknowledge the change that took place at the close of the period covered by the book of Acts, is it, Abdicate?

What is it about present day worship that gives evidence to the claim that Noblemen has made?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Really?

I agree, @Noblemen, that acknowledging the change of administration which took place following Acts 28, and the revelation of the dispensation of the mystery, made known to Paul while in prison, and communicated to us via. Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Timothy, and Titus, is vital. Yet more healings and miracles are not promised to us.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Ok Chris buckle up. If you have noticed most of what I have to say has to do with the mind.
Positionally we are all the same as believers, in Christ. The mind contains the knowledge of Christ, my point is A Christ life believer has the knowledge that his or her life is spontaneous now.
A Christ's life believer is someone that has seen (revelation) Christ as their only life, therefore for them to live is Christ.
Christ is the only life of every believer, not every believer has seen that.

I pray just like most believers do but I also see Christ in me as my everything. Christ is my life, Christ is my healer, Christ is my provider, Christ is the love expressed , Christ is the husband, Christ is the wife, Christ is the friend, Christ is in all and everything to us.
It is Christ expressing himself as your unique creation, your soul is an organ of expression, spontaneous living is a Christ-ian life style.

I agree, Noblement, that recognising the change in administration which took place following Acts 28, and the revelation of the dispensation of the mystery, made known to Paul while in prison, and made known through the epistles written to Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Timothy, Titus and Philemon, is vital to be able to see the position

Hi @Abdicate,

This is true everywhere I'm afraid. It appeals to the flesh, and is used to draw people into the community of believers, in the hope that they will in the process, also come under the sound of the gospel and be saved. Surely that is the reason for such outreach attempts.

Yet this is no indication of what Noblemen has said, concerning the failure to acknowledge the change that took place at the close of the period covered by the book of Acts, is it, Abdicate?

What is it about present day worship that gives evidence to the claim that Noblemen has made?

In Christ Jesus
Chris
The change you refer to is that the Gospel was taken to the Gentiles. That doesn't change the power of God. The oracles of God as now with us and we as a people are becoming more and more just like the Jews who lost it in the first place. And why did that happen?

Romans 9:32 (KJV)
Wherefore? Because [they sought it] not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;​

I did not know that about you, I guess there is some things I don't know lol. I have been out of organized religion for 15 years, I received the left foot of fellowship when I started receiving a little revelation.
I suppose there are some good structures out there but most can only take a believer so far, if the believer is led by the Holy Spirit chances are if they share what they know or they are getting revelation they will be challenged by the structure of the doctrine of that group.
Most that I know personally that have moved on in the Lord have been taken out of religion by the Lord himself. They fellowship as the Lord leads them to cross paths.

I did not know that about you, I guess there is some things I don't know lol. I have been out of organized religion for 15 years, I received the left foot of fellowship when I started receiving a little revelation.
I suppose there are some good structures out there but most can only take a believer so far, if the believer is led by the Holy Spirit chances are if they share what they know or they are getting revelation they will be challenged by the structure of the doctrine of that group.
Most that I know personally that have moved on in the Lord have been taken out of religion by the Lord himself. They fellowship as the Lord leads them to cross paths.
After I received the Holy Spirit, the Lord separated me and my wife from those that felt and received the Holy Spirit. It was very odd. We were all baptised together, we went to NY, one couple went to Washington State, one to Utah and one the New Mexico, and the last ones went to Colorado. Though we are all still in touch, we've not seen each other in years. To this day I can feel them when the Spirit moves and vice versa. They, I know in my spirit, are true Christians. The huge amount of learning I've made over the years that's affected my life and that of my family has all been Spirit taught. Though I might pick up a thought here and there from a teaching or a preacher, it's the Holy Spirit in power that has made all the difference in my "church" walk. I grew up in churches: Catholic at first - altar boy and all - then Methodist, then "Independent" Baptists, then nothing. I am a follower of Christ through the movements of the Holy Spirit and even though I've learned so much and am considered by many to be a senior mature Christian, the more I learn the more I realize I am absolutely NOTHING without Christ. That everything in my life is by Him and for His ministry alone. ALL blessings are from Him. ALL hardships are of my own doing or that of sin in those under my authority. Glory to God! :D

Ok Chris buckle up. If you have noticed most of what I have to say has to do with the mind.
Positionally we are all the same as believers, in Christ. The mind contains the knowledge of Christ, my point is A Christ life believer has the knowledge that his or her life is spontaneous now.
A Christ's life believer is someone that has seen (revelation) Christ as their only life, therefore for them to live is Christ.
Christ is the only life of every believer, not every believer has seen that.

I pray just like most believers do but I also see Christ in me as my everything. Christ is my life, Christ is my healer, Christ is my provider, Christ is the love expressed , Christ is the husband, Christ is the wife, Christ is the friend, Christ is in all and everything to us.
It is Christ expressing himself as your unique creation, your soul is an organ of expression, spontaneous living is a Christ-ian life style.

Sorry @Noblemen

I don't know what you mean by 'Buckle up'. :)

However, I believe that all prayer is answered, but not always in the way we expect, and that applies to all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord. This does not depend on having acknowledged the change that took place at Acts 28.

The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is my Father too, in Christ Jesus: and I rejoice in the relationship, the hope and the blessings associated with being so blessedly identified with Christ Jesus my Lord. I also acknowledge the change that took place at Acts 28, however, I see no necessity for claiming an increase in the miraculous as a result of that, for that is untrue.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
What difference should the acknowledgement of the change which took place at Acts 28 make to - the faith, the life, the witness, and the worship of the believer in Christ Jesus?

Faith - is in Christ Jesus, our risen and glorified Saviour, Lord and Head.
Life - is lived in the knowledge of our completeness in Him, in the sight of God, and of our acceptance as Sons,by God the Father, both in and through Him.
Witness - is to the assurance of salvation which is in Christ alone, and of the heavenly hope that is ours in Him, which will be enjoyed in resurrection life.
Worship - is in spirit, and by the Spirit, as is our baptism into Christ. All is of the Spirit. Religious rite and ceremony have no place. All is of God, in Christ.

Would you agree, @Noblemen.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

The change you refer to is that the Gospel was taken to the Gentiles. That doesn't change the power of God. The oracles of God as now with us and we as a people are becoming more and more just like the Jews who lost it in the first place. And why did that happen?

Romans 9:32 (KJV)
Wherefore? Because [they sought it] not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;​

Hi, @Abdicate,

' For they being ignorant of God's righteousness,
and going about to establish their own righteousness,
have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness
to every one that believeth.'

(Rom 10:3,4)

- What do you mean, @Abdicate, when you say, quote:- 'the oracles of God are now with us'? ... Also,
- Is the fact that salvation had now been 'sent unto the Gentiles' (Acts 28:28), the only change that took place? (See Eph. Col. Phil.)

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Who said the book of acts was closed? :)

It was closed as far as a written record is concerned wasn't it @Fish Catcher Jim? :)
The Acts of the Apostles continued while the Apostles lived, but so many of them paid the ultimate sacrifice, didn't they?

The Church did not begin at Pentecost, so this does not relate to the continuation of the church, only to the Apostles whose acts are recorded within it's pages. The Church of the One Body did not begin until after Acts 28, as all knowledge of it was hid in God, until made known to and through Paul, the steward of the dispensation of the mystery (Eph. 3:8,9), and made known in the prison epistles.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
After I received the Holy Spirit, the Lord separated me and my wife from those that felt and received the Holy Spirit. It was very odd. We were all baptised together, we went to NY, one couple went to Washington State, one to Utah and one the New Mexico, and the last ones went to Colorado. Though we are all still in touch, we've not seen each other in years. To this day I can feel them when the Spirit moves and vice versa. They, I know in my spirit, are true Christians. The huge amount of learning I've made over the years that's affected my life and that of my family has all been Spirit taught. Though I might pick up a thought here and there from a teaching or a preacher, it's the Holy Spirit in power that has made all the difference in my "church" walk. I grew up in churches: Catholic at first - altar boy and all - then Methodist, then "Independent" Baptists, then nothing. I am a follower of Christ through the movements of the Holy Spirit and even though I've learned so much and am considered by many to be a senior mature Christian, the more I learn the more I realize I am absolutely NOTHING without Christ. That everything in my life is by Him and for His ministry alone. ALL blessings are from Him. ALL hardships are of my own doing or that of sin in those under my authority. Glory to God! :D

I agree, what a word, there is one teacher and that is the Holy Spirit. We do grow from each other and the knowledge that we have been Spirit taught, there in lies the problem in religion.
They do not allow that, even though they do not understand what they are doing it is still rank error.
Thanks for the testimony I enjoyed it I'll share mine when I have more time, take care.

Sorry @Noblemen

I don't know what you mean by 'Buckle up'. :)

However, I believe that all prayer is answered, but not always in the way we expect, and that applies to all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord. This does not depend on having acknowledged the change that took place at Acts 28.

The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ is my Father too, in Christ Jesus: and I rejoice in the relationship, the hope and the blessings associated with being so blessedly identified with Christ Jesus my Lord. I also acknowledge the change that took place at Acts 28, however, I see no necessity for claiming an increase in the miraculous as a result of that, for that is untrue.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
All prayer is not answered

Hi, @Abdicate,

' For they being ignorant of God's righteousness,
and going about to establish their own righteousness,
have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness
to every one that believeth.'

(Rom 10:3,4)

- What do you mean, @Abdicate, when you say, quote:- 'the oracles of God are now with us'? ... Also,
- Is the fact that salvation had now been 'sent unto the Gentiles' (Acts 28:28), the only change that took place? (See Eph. Col. Phil.)

In Christ Jesus
Chris
The Gospel. Rom 3:2, Act 7:38 to the Jews, and then to the Gentiles, Act 13:46, Rom 15:16, Rom 9:30.

I know you don't believe in the power and gifts of the Spirit, so we'll just stop right here. There's no evidence, except the lack of faith, that God has changed for He is always the same. Whatever is written in the word of God can happen and is happening today, you just have to believe and see. YouTube is full of examples, but because we don't see it in our lives, we deny it all.

Acts 28:28
Acts 28:28
NLT
So I want you to know that this salvation from God has also been offered to the Gentiles, and they will accept it."

KJV
Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

This does not say it is closed.
@Noblemen @Complete
The book of acts was written as a documentary as even Luke explained how he went around and talked to many people in order to write Acts.

We as believers should be experiencing the same kind of quality walk with God today with in our churches as they did then.

Have you ever stopped to think that this last generation should be doing more then the first did and that we should be writing the last chapter in the book of acts?!!!
Blessings
FCJ

The Gospel. Rom 3:2, Act 7:38 to the Jews, and then to the Gentiles, Act 13:46, Rom 15:16, Rom 9:30.

I know you don't believe in the power and gifts of the Spirit, so we'll just stop right here. There's no evidence, except the lack of faith, that God has changed for He is always the same. Whatever is written in the word of God can happen and is happening today, you just have to believe and see. YouTube is full of examples, but because we don't see it in our lives, we deny it all.

Hi @Abdicate,

I do believe in the power of God, and in the gifts of the Spirit, why would I not. That same power is that which raised Christ from the dead, and will raise us also in that day. It is the same power that works in us now, too. However the gifts of the Spirit I believe belong to the dispensation recorded in the book of the Acts, not being mentioned in the prison epistles in which the administration of the Church which is His Body is made known.

We walk in the spirit, by faith, and do not look for signs or wonders, or any manifestation in the flesh.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back