Rivers of Living Water

John7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. 39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Jesus said if they came to Him He would give them the Holy Spirit. He liken this to rivers of water flowing out of your inner most being. From deep down inside it comes up and overflows. John the baptist said:

Mark 1:8I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
On the day of Pentecost the Spirit was given and they began to pray in tongues as the sprit gave them the utterance.

Acts 2:1And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance

This is refered to in the Isaiah, speaking of the Spirit who was to come.

Isaiah 28:11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people. 12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Some may not listen and heed His call but if you are thirsty, He will fill you to overflowing with the Spirit. Jesus calls us to come to the Living Water. But only you can drink, He won’t make you do it. The overflow of that River is the language of the Spirit flowing out of us, refreshing to our soul.

1 Corinthians 14:4He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church

Jude 1:20But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost

How do we come and how can we receive Him? Only those who have been born again and know Jesus is their Lord can receive the Spirit. Those who have turned from sin and turned to Jesus, receiving Him as their Lord

Romans 10:9that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

After you are saved by doing this, just ask Him and He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call

GodSpeaks said:
…how can we receive Him? Only those who have been born again and know Jesus is their Lord can receive the Spirit. Those who have turned from sin and turned to Jesus, receiving Him as their Lord
GodSpeaks said:
Romans 10:9that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

After you are saved by doing this, just ask Him and He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call

He’s that Refreshing Living Water.

If you have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit before but now you are dry in your spirit or there is a deadness inside, you need a refreshing.

If we don’t drink of the Spirit its like being dehydrated, and we can die. Ask Him to baptize you afresh. The Living Water will quicken you again, makes you alive in God. We all need to be refilled at times just like they did in the book of Acts. What ever has clogged up the River He will wash away.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness

James 4:8
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded

Its refreshing when we’re clean and the River is flowing freely through us.

Rev. 21:6 And He said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.

Revelation 22:17
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Jesus said if you are thirsty come and drink. He was refering to the Holy Spirit that will pour out of you like rivers of living water.

Drink In Deep

By Jake Hamilton

Holy Spirit Come
Holy Spirit Stay
I need to feel your fire
I need to feel your gaze

Won’t you come
Breathe over me

Just one drink
Becomes a river
Just one drink
Becomes a flood, yes Lord

Drink in deep

Drink in deep
Drink in deep, yeah

Here we go, open it up
Open it up

Open the floodgates
Open the floodgates

Open it up
Open it up, Lord
Open it up
Open it up

Open the floodgates

I need to feel your gaze
I wanna see the fire
In your eyes
I am living for one thing

Oh, I see an open door
I hear the voice of an angel
‘Come up here’ Oh, he’s calling ‘Come up here’

I see an open door
I hear a voice that’s calling
He’s calling’ Come up here’
He’s calling’ come up here’

Open the floodgates

There is a fresh wave of the Holy Spirit that will immerse you in the River of God , deeper in Him. If you will receive it, a flood of the Spirit will overflow onto you, into you and out of you.

John 7: 38 ….. 38Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
Or If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me. / And let him drink, who believes in me.

Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water .
The Holy Spirit is not some inner strength but is our source of the overflowing rivers of living water . Because the Holy Spirit lives within us we can think of the example of a beautiful garden that needs to be watered to keep it’s beauty . Similarly we need a fresh infilling daily in order to keep our spirit healthy .

The Holy Spirit , if we are Christians , should flow like rivers of living water out onto others around us .

Let us move “ Like the rivers” , not selfishly keeping it all to ourselves but letting it flow out for all to see, that we are not a stagnant water but a river of living water .

Because the Holy Spirit lives within us we can think of the example of a beautiful garden that needs to be watered to keep it’s beauty . Similarly we need a fresh infilling daily in order to keep our spirit healthy .

Yes He waters our garden and makes us grow. The more we let the rivers continually flow the cleaner, purer we can be. It continually forces out the junk, dirt and impurities.

The Holy Spirit , if we are Christians , should flow like rivers of living water out onto others around us .

Let us move “ Like the rivers” , not selfishly keeping it all to ourselves but letting it flow out for all to see

Unless we are overflowing the River can't flow out on others, we won't have anything to give. But if we are saturated, it will overflow on them.

John 7:38

38 Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’”[a]

Footnotes:
John 7:38 Or “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. 38For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from the heart of anyone who believes in me.’”

The more we surrender to Jesus, the more love is shared on both sides . I never really thought about that before , but it’s true . As we declare our love for Him - He pours our His love on us . Isn’t that a beautiful thing ?
So though our faith in Jesus Christ we can live in Jesus and He live in us and we can share mutual love.

Like David says in Psalms 34 – God’s great strength delivers us from death and gives us an eternal hope

There are a few songs I like about the Rain from heaven. When He rains down in our heart and soul, we drink of the Water and it begins to flow out as we get all filled up

Absolutely!
That's how all preachers should preach, just open their mouth and preach by the Holy Spirit, letting Him flow out, not just their own thoughts they came up with.

Absolutely!
That's how all preachers should preach, just open their mouth and preach by the Holy Spirit, letting Him flow out, not just their own thoughts they came up with.

EXACTLY!!!! Let what thus saith the Lord say....And He will reveal and say things we have never heard before. The only thing we need to do is TRUST.....

EXACTLY!!!! Let what thus saith the Lord say....And He will reveal and say things we have never heard before. The only thing we need to do is TRUST.....

Amen. And that's what He wants all of us to do. Get so full of the Holy Spirit that it not only bubbles up but it pours out. A river pours and flows . We should be so full of the Word of God that every time we open our mouth only God's Word comes out, say what Jesus would say. And it will be powerful to change lives and influence others

Back