sad world we live in

Woman charged with felony after spitting on corpse in casket at funeral home​

TYLER, Texas (KLTV/Gray News) – A Texas woman was charged with a felony after spitting on a corpse at a funeral home during a viewing, arrest records show.

According to an arrest affidavit, Laurie Lynn Hinds, 51, walked into a funeral home in Tyler, Texas, on Nov. 29, walked straight up to the casket, and spit on the corpse.

A witness on the scene said Hinds had animosity toward the family of the person in the casket.

Tyler police obtained a warrant for Hinds’ arrest on Jan. 4.

Hinds was arrested June 5 and charged with state-jail felony abuse of corpse. She posted a $2,500 bond the next day.

Woman charged with felony after spitting on corpse in casket at funeral home​

TYLER, Texas (KLTV/Gray News) – A Texas woman was charged with a felony after spitting on a corpse at a funeral home during a viewing, arrest records show.

According to an arrest affidavit, Laurie Lynn Hinds, 51, walked into a funeral home in Tyler, Texas, on Nov. 29, walked straight up to the casket, and spit on the corpse.

A witness on the scene said Hinds had animosity toward the family of the person in the casket.

Tyler police obtained a warrant for Hinds’ arrest on Jan. 4.

Hinds was arrested June 5 and charged with state-jail felony abuse of corpse. She posted a $2,500 bond the next day.

God can fix a lot of things and character flaws.........but STUPID aint one of them.

yes people men kill women all the time, but rarely do women kill men.
However when violent men die, it probably comes as a relief for many women who've lived in fear of them.

We don't know the context of this article.

So is Texas the only state that criminalises things like this? Was the woman under some kind of order or agreement that she would not cause any trouble ?
I’m not from the US but find your politics interesting.

Edit;
She was a Quitman woman. Never heard of that before. A quitman woman is a member of a voluntary group based on improving the community.

Oh dear, dosent look good that she did that whatever the deceased did but it still does not warrant a felony🙁

Last edited:
Not sure why people want to talk about their politics on here it's bit boring tbh.
Nothing we can do about them.

In NA it would have been murder because the family of the deceased would have beaten her to death!

So is Texas the only state that criminalises things like this? Was the woman under some kind of order or agreement that she would not cause any trouble ?
I’m not from the US but find your politics interesting.

Edit;
She was a Quitman woman. Never heard of that before. A quitman woman is a member of a voluntary group based on improving the community.

Oh dear, dosent look good that she did that whatever the deceased did but it still does not warrant a felony🙁
Not sure what the law says about corpse spitting in any state but Texas isnt as conservative as it once was. It has become a haven for liberals fleeing their liberal states only to start their destruction again. The insanity spreads and laws are being ignored. Same thing happening in Colorado.

Not sure what the law says about corpse spitting in any state but Texas isnt as conservative as it once was. It has become a haven for liberals fleeing their liberal states only to start their destruction again. The insanity spreads and laws are being ignored. Same thing happening in Colorado.
Due to social media/mass media/internet it's only a matter of time until all 50 are contaminated, barring an act of God.

Not sure what the law says about corpse spitting in any state but Texas isnt as conservative as it once was. It has become a haven for liberals fleeing their liberal states only to start their destruction again. The insanity spreads and laws are being ignored. Same thing happening in Colarodo.

Sounds like these people are utterly confused🙁

I live in wales and wales is a devolved ( federal in your case) gov.

I have noticed a huge difference in living in both Wales and England in how they live . I prefer England to live and didn’t know why until started to learn about politics. The Welsh gov seem to make their own rules up with the money they have been given from London.

Fair enough, if you like that sort of thing.

But I am in the process of relocating to England as I don’t agree with some of the Welsh laws. I don’t even agree with some English laws, but I prefer England because they allow for more individual responsibilities.

Each to their own I suppose.

Not sure why people want to talk about their politics on here it's bit boring tbh.
Nothing we can do about them.
I get you, Politics used to be boring to me too, until I started to see a change in my standard of living and wondered why. I feel more fear in wales in the way I behave from 3rd parties than I do in England. In England my job seems to be between me and my boss. In wales it seems to be between me and someone sticking their nose too far in our business. As far as I am concerned, the gov should only be there in emergencies.

Now I love politics and can’t get enough of it. It’s utterly fascinating how some people can say what we can and can’t do as a whole, And not look at people as individuals with responsibilities.

I am not everybody and have individual preferences and just learning to separate myself from others. All credit to the Lord!😊

Blessings everyone❤️

Last edited:
as long as whatever you do doesn't make news/mass media and spread out to everyone right? lol
But people do it themselves by putting their business on facebook...

Back