Salvation is by Grace through Faith.

As already stated, Romans 8:9 is about life in the Spirit (in context). I understand it just fine, so your initial argument is fallacious. No point continuing. And your failure to answer my question (twice), in relation to this topic is disingenuous, so, again, pointless discussion.

Any one else viewing this thread want to walk through the salvation journey together?

Honesty required?

Any one else viewing this thread want to walk through the salvation journey together?

Honesty required?

Sure.

"Honestly", IMO, Being a Christian is a being a follower of Jesus.
You start following at the gate, continue following as you walk along the path, and at the end of the path of perseverance is life. So for me, it is easy to say that while I celebrate the finished work of Christ on the cross and the underserved, grace-filled, regenerative work of the Holy Spirit at my conversion, there is a very real sense in which my salvation is an ongoing process culminating in glorification. AND every day brings that closer and closer!

Rom 5:9 makes it explicit........
“Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved (--Greek word is σωθησομεθα) by him from the wrath of God”.

Rom. 8:9 would be the first happening that would need to be discussed. It needs to be understood to set the stage for the rest of the discussion.

Still want to pass?

Romans 8:9​

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” looks like its pretty plain no spirit none of his .

you keep disqualifying all the post. why not just say what you mean lots fancy lingo in these post .what steps are you wanting to take ?

Staff Note for thread participants: Please remember that there are differences in belief systems among ALL members at CFS. Please be kind to one and other and work out any issues calmly and with kindness to attempt to reach a common ground. Challenging others aggressively simply because their beliefs are not exactly the same is not good Christian behavior.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Romans 8:9​

“But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” looks like its pretty plain no spirit none of his .

you keep disqualifying all the post. why not just say what you mean lots fancy lingo in these post .what steps are you wanting to take ?

Do you acknowledge when the Father calls us out, we do not have the Spirit of Christ in us yet. This is the beginning of the salvation journey.

At this beginning stage of the salvation journey, because we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us, Christ is none of ours. Rom. 8:9 If Christ is none of ours, then His word and the promises in His word cannot be ours at that either.

This is just a basic understanding, do you agree?

This is just a basic understanding, do you agree?
THE MOMENT WE ARE SAVED the Holy spirit enters our heart its a spiritual birth

1 Corinthians 12:13

New King James Version

13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink [a]into one Spirit. that is what i agree on in 2 Corinthian's 1 we find God anointed us sealed us and gave us the earnest of the spirit .

what exactly your trying to say. you will need to clarify more clearly .before i agree or disagree with what your saying. john 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: this is done the moment we get saved . the Holy ghost anointing enters into our heart. we are give power authority in fact there is far more than i can even post. By my spirit saith the lord

Zechariah 4:6​

“Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”

i rest my case

THE MOMENT WE ARE SAVED the Holy spirit enters our heart its a spiritual birth

1 Corinthians 12:13​

New King James Version​

13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free—and have all been made to drink [a]into one Spirit. that is what i agree on in 2 Corinthian's 1 we find God anointed us sealed us and gave us the earnest of the spirit .

what exactly your trying to say. you will need to clarify more clearly .before i agree or disagree with what your saying. john 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: this is done the moment we get saved . the Holy ghost anointing enters into our heart. we are give power authority in fact there is far more than i can even post. By my spirit saith the lord

Zechariah 4:6​

“Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”

i rest my case

Next.....

When Rom 3 says the 'righteousness of God has been revealed' (now--in the Gospel event), what does that mean relative to your emphasis?

When Rom 3 says the 'righteousness of God has been revealed' (now--in the Gospel event), what does that mean relative to your emphasis?
Read the thread, then give an honest answer to the topic and the first step questions. There will be plenty of time for questions once we've established a foundation to start from.

Read the thread, then give an honest answer to the topic and the first step questions. There will be plenty of time for questions once we've established a foundation to start from.

I would appreciate an honest answer to a very important question.

If Alabama had not lost their 3 top receivers to injury, would they have beaten Georgia for the championship????

But if Romans 3:21--31 is going to be demeaned to the level of a post here, I'm not interested. I know of no other foundational paragraph--if you know Romans at all. It must be interpreted, and if your favorite interp is not there, you have to accept that.

So again: what does the expression mean?

How would you define "Faith alone in Jesus"? Certainly we must do something ?

Faith is as good as its object. A Christian's faith is in the coming, doing and dying of Jesus Christ. So yes 'good works matter a lot'!--Jesus' good works do.

Justification, as you can see from the word root, has to do with God's trial of a person; the person is guilty; but is there another way the person can gain acceptance with God in spite of his guilt? The Gospel's answer is that Christ is that other way; He lived vicariously for our justification.

Now, if you put 'having faith' there in place of Christ, I think you are having faith in faith.

One decisive passage about this is found by getting the actual grammar of Gal 2:20--the expression about the faith of the Son of God. This is not our faith in him, nor the general Christian faith as a doctrinal system. The passage is actually about the reliability of Christ's sacrifice for us; he was faithful for us. But we have become too dialed in to what we do or don't do or can do, and don't realize the NT could have made such an objective statement.

Back