Satan - You - Sin

Hello you and welcome.

In the belief system that have been taught is that Satan was cast into the lake of fire, along with his angels.

Along time ago Satan use to roam around and have a little bit of power, until Jesus Christ crushed his head, and in the end was tossed into the lake of fire.

For many people in this world they believe that Satan is still roaming around, stealing souls from God, and causing chaos among other people.

For me, we as people can cause chaos by our own actions, and being tempted by our own ways instead. Though many would put the blame on Satan than rather taking responsibility for their own actions and choice they decided to make.

You can see here in the book of James, that God does not tempt people, but however people themselves from what comes from their heart become tempted leading to becoming sin (hatred of others, meanness, unkind, unforgiving, unmerciful, murderous, whatever you could think of here that has to do with the heart). (Mark 7:20-23 - Jesus Christ talking about the heart content.)

James 1:​
10 But a rich man should be happy even if he loses everything. He is like a flower that will die. 11 The sun comes up with burning heat. The grass dries up and the flower falls off. It is no longer beautiful. The rich man will die also and all his riches will be gone. 12 The man who does not give up when tests come is happy. After the test is over, he will receive the crown of life. God has promised this to those who love Him.​
13 When you are tempted to do wrong, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God cannot be tempted. He will never tempt anyone. 14 A man is tempted to do wrong when he lets himself be led by what his bad thoughts tell him to do. 15 When he does what his bad thoughts tell him to do, he sins. When sin completes its work, it brings death.​
Here is one more scripture about God being for us who can be against us?

Romans 8:31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?​
You can actually be against your own self, by your own desires. God is most certainly for you and desires to help you but when your own desires get in the way and you are tempted by them and react upon them.

There is no way anyone can place blame on the devil, or Satan because the temptation came from you, yourself by your own bad thoughts.

Here is the greek word for Satan.
Cognate: 4566 SatánSatan, the same fallen angel
For me this Satan has been destroyed, and is in the lake of fire already as the bible proclaims him, and Jesus Christ crushed his head. (Genesis 3:15) (Matthew 25:41) (Revelation 20:10)

Here is one more greek word of Satan.
4567. Satanas
Definition
the adversary, Satan, i.e. the devil

Sometimes our own thoughts can personally be contrary to what God would desire us to be, and be the adversary to God's will and would be more in tune with our own will instead, wouldn't you agree?

Have you never gotten mad and upset and tempted to be upset when something was not going your own way, so you lash out and take it out on the person through anger?

Was that Satan who caused that or the Adverse thoughts you were having that caused that?

What other thoughts do you have to say about this topic about Satan - You - Sin?

Forgot to add the video which was made a little later on after this post.

Talking about the same thing. You all have a blessed and wonderful day and hopefully there is something valuable you can take with you from this teaching, and lesson.

Hello you and welcome.

In the belief system that have been taught is that Satan was cast into the lake of fire, along with his angels.

Along time ago Satan use to roam around and have a little bit of power, until Jesus Christ crushed his head, and in the end was tossed into the lake of fire.

For many people in this world they believe that Satan is still roaming around, stealing souls from God, and causing chaos among other people.

For me, we as people can cause chaos by our own actions, and being tempted by our own ways instead. Though many would put the blame on Satan than rather taking responsibility for their own actions and choice they decided to make.

You can see here in the book of James, that God does not tempt people, but however people themselves from what comes from their heart become tempted leading to becoming sin (hatred of others, meanness, unkind, unforgiving, unmerciful, murderous, whatever you could think of here that has to do with the heart). (Mark 7:20-23 - Jesus Christ talking about the heart content.)

10 But a rich man should be happy even if he loses everything. He is like a flower that will die. 11 The sun comes up with burning heat. The grass dries up and the flower falls off. It is no longer beautiful. The rich man will die also and all his riches will be gone. 12 The man who does not give up when tests come is happy. After the test is over, he will receive the crown of life. God has promised this to those who love Him.​
13 When you are tempted to do wrong, do not say, “God is tempting me.” God cannot be tempted. He will never tempt anyone. 14 A man is tempted to do wrong when he lets himself be led by what his bad thoughts tell him to do. 15 When he does what his bad thoughts tell him to do, he sins. When sin completes its work, it brings death.​

Romans 8:31 What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us?​
You can actually be against your own self, by your own desires. God is most certainly for you and desires to help you but when your own desires get in the way and you are tempted by them and react upon them.

There is no way anyone can place blame on the devil, or Satan because the temptation came from you, yourself by your own bad thoughts.

For me this Satan has been destroyed, and is in the lake of fire already as the bible proclaims him, and Jesus Christ crushed his head. (Genesis 3:15) (Matthew 25:41) (Revelation 20:10)

4567. Satanas
Definition

Sometimes our own thoughts can personally be contrary to what God would desire us to be, and be the adversary to God's will and would be more in tune with our own will instead, wouldn't you agree?

Have you never gotten mad and upset and tempted to be upset when something was not going your own way, so you lash out and take it out on the person through anger?

Was that Satan who caused that or the Adverse thoughts you were having that caused that?

What other thoughts do you have to say about this topic about Satan - You - Sin?

Matthew.....I do not want to rain on your parade, and I do not know where this belief system you are referring to came from, but Satan and his angles have NOT BEEN placed into the lake of fire.......YET!

Satan is alive and well and in power my friend.

1 Peter %;8 declares........
"Be sober, be vigilant; because YOUR ADVERSARY THE DEVIL, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour".

Not only that but...... Satan is "the prince of the power of the air" (Eph. 2:2) and "the god of this world" (2 Cor. 4:4).

With all due respect you seem to be talking about A popular notion today about Satan and his angels is that they are presently in Hell. This is not true. Satan and his angels are at liberty. Satan is a king and has a kingdom.

We read in Ephesians 6:11, 12:.......
"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against PRINCIPALITIES, against POWERS, against the RULERS of the darkness of this world, against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in HIGH PLACES."

IF Satan was in hell then the Scripture above has no meaning whatsoever.

You said.........

God love ya my brother but that is also something I can not agree with. To accept that thesis, we would in effect be saying that Satan is not a real angel at all.......just a feeling or an emotion.

Satan will be bound in the coming future as seen in Revelation 20:1-2.........
"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years".

This is after Armageddon. Satan will be bound in the Abyss for 1000 years and then at the end of 1000 years we seen in Revelation 20:7-8...........
"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

Then there will be one final revolt againt Christ and in Revelation 20:10 we see that the end then for Satan will be.............
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Okay, Major.

Thank you for sharing. Ephesians 6 seems to talk about (spiritual darkness ) that can come from high places in this world from people who are filled with spiritual darkness, and has no mention of Satan with-in the verse.

It does mention devil's schemes:​
The Greek word uses here is 1228: Diabolos: Which means 1228 diábolos (from 1225 /diabállō, "to slander, accuse, defame") – properly, a slanderer; a false accuser; unjustly criticizing to hurt (malign) and condemn to sever a relationship. ~ It is still in conjunction in my opinion with - Someone becoming and adversary towards you. 4567​
4567. Satanas​
Definition
So in Ephesians 6:11 this is why you need the Armour of God to protect yourself from anyone trying to accuse you, slander you, criticize you in reason to hurt and condemn you and sever a relationship.

Have you ever had someone do this to you in your life? That was not (Satan) - yet a Person themselves in spiritual darkness, saying all of these mean and hurtful things?

So do believe that spiritual darkness and principalities like the scripture is stating exist, but Satan himself for he was thrown in to the lake of fire with angels already.​
It’s possible I am wrong too. Though it doesn’t negate the fact of where temptations come from which is from the thoughts of our heart.​

Here is a question can spiritual darkness reside with in us humans if we are blind to the light of the Lord Jesus Christ and God rejecting them willingly? Will a person stay in darkness spiritually until they are born again?

Last edited:
Personal do not believe we are to condemn or judge people who are in spiritual darkness, by no means. We are to Love our enemies, and pray those who use us, and slander, falsely accusing you.

Spiritual darkness is a real thing and believe it totally exist, though God can come at any time for those who call upon Him, and clean them from their heart when they write his laws on their heart and mind. (Hebrews 10:16)

Thank you so much for bring this up Major it has been an insightful encouragement to go and look what the word really means in Greek when it comes to Eph 6:11.

Hello MatthewG;

It's very important that we discuss, constantly pray and be on guard.

Spiritual darkness, principalities of darkness, prince of devils, the evil one, his demons, the devil, Lucifer, the tempter, Beelzebub, opposer, adversary and all that oppose Christ Jesus are spiritual forces that describe Satan.

He is also the great deceiver and just having a discussion about Satan can fester into heated debate which is indeed part of the devil's scheme to break down followers of Christ.

Satan is very clever, he is brilliant and will spin, twist the Truth with lies.

Yes, continue to love one another and even our enemies but this distinguishes from the title of this topic.

We are all on track but each of us need to continue to research and study the Scriptures deeper as God reveals His warnings as well as His protection over all who belong to God.

God bless you, MatthewG.

Yes thank you Bob in faith.

People are entitled to their own belief systems and may believe how ever they desire when it comes to scripture for all people have this freedom.

I personally will not fight anyone, but explain my position and they can take whatever they like from it.

Just trying to reveal something that most people never think about. It is our own temptations that fester up with-in ourselves that causes us to sin.

Otherwise, guess it was Satan that made me hate my family, and hate other people. It was never me at all, it was Satan. However it must be true for me to take the blame of my own actions, which is what this thread is about, to not blame Satan for 'tempting you' if you were the one responsible for your actions.

Now with this being said, can people themselves also try you, accuse, you slander you? Absolutely they can.

For me was that way towards others, when talking bad about them, when cursing death upon people, when being disobedient to my own mother, when was once prideful Christian looking down on others when was mad and angry at others and blamed them for my problems, do you see what is being conveyed here?

Check this scripture out for it is profound:

1 John 2:11 But anyone who hates a fellow believer is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness.

Hello you and welcome.

4567. Satanas
Definition

Hi, Matthew.
I do agree with some of this, but I thought that the enemy...and his dark spirits.. were/are STILL on this Earth. And that at the end of 1000 years he is cast into the Lake of Fire.

And when you asked the question about...
did Satan cause that anger or did your own adverse thoughts cause the anger?
I guess for me I would say BOTH, I.e., since we do live in a fallen world and are by Nature sinful, we do have those adverse thoughts.

Would love to have member input.

Just trying to reveal something that most people never think about. It is our own temptations that fester up with-in ourselves that causes us to sin.
Otherwise, guess it was Satan that made me hate my family, and hate other people. It was never me at all, it was Satan. However it must be true for me to take the blame of my own actions, which is what this thread is about, to not blame Satan for 'tempting you' if you were the one responsible for your actions.
Now with this being said, can people themselves also try you, accuse, you slander you? Absolutely they can.

For me was that way towards others, when talking bad about them, when cursing death upon people, when being disobedient to my own mother, when was once prideful Christian looking down on others when was mad and angry at others and blamed them for my problems, do you see what is being conveyed here?

Hello MatthewG;

The devil made me do it - quote Flip Wilson

No, the devil didn't make you do it. What I just red-lighted, we have to ask in general, did this bless us? Did this hinder our spirit? Was this from God?

In our spiritual warfare, are we in obedience to God?

It's something that gives me much to think about.

Hi, Matthew.
I do agree with some of this, but I thought that the enemy...and his dark spirits.. were/are STILL on this Earth. And that at the end of 1000 years he is cast into the Lake of Fire.

I guess for me I would say BOTH, I.e., since we do live in a fallen world and are by Nature sinful, we do have those adverse thoughts.

Whoops, wrote this before I saw other responses.

I agree completely and blame should be placed where
blame is due. We are sinful creatures and we desire
destruction wherever we can find it. That is, until we
find Jesus and it becomes easier to avoid those issues.
Satan has no need to fight for those that he owns so they
are not the problem, we are. But if Satan is involved you
will certainly be able to tell the difference.

I enjoy seeing the evidence of your hunt for more, MatthewG.
The journey is long and amazing. You will learn a lot; some
from reading and some from experience. I am saying a prayer
for you. Stay focused on Jesus through it all or you may become
easy prey for the enemy. Stay strong in the faith, brother.

Hi, Matthew.

You are correct Belinda. Satan ....not according to me but to the Word of God in Ephesians 2:2........
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience."

In this text the apostle Paul describes Satan as a “prince” with power, because he has authentic power in the world. This power has been given him by God and Satan has power over some illnesses. In some sense, Satan has power over death (Heb. 2:1).
The reason Satan is called a prince rather than a king is that there is only one King—Jesus Christ!

Also I think that you are correct in that YOU said BOTH Satan and US are responsible for our sin. Allow me to say this........
All Christians have evil desires from our fleshly nature which give rise to sin in us, which we need to continually turn away from. Satan does not put these desires in us. They are already there. Satan will tempt us to follow these desires through the world, but he cannot implant these desires in us.

The question of............
"did Satan cause that anger or did your own adverse thoughts cause the anger?"

Is actually not the right question. "Anger" is not a sin!!!!!

Ephesians 4:26........
“Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil”.

What we DO when angry is a sin.

Yes thank you Bob in faith.

People are entitled to their own belief systems and may believe how ever they desire when it comes to scripture for all people have this freedom.

I personally will not fight anyone, but explain my position and they can take whatever they like from it.

Check this scripture out for it is profound:

1 John 2:11 But anyone who hates a fellow believer is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness.

I am in agreement with you Matthew. I will not arguw as well and please fell free to ignore anything I may post. I am not the final authority.

I believe that you are also correct in that The devil can not make us do anything. However, HE Tempts us to follow through with what we think up.

I just wanted everyone to realize that although we say we are responsible for what we do in sin, that does not then elminate Satan as real force in this world.

At this point I would say that there are two things we should not assume:

(1) That everything evil that happens to us is the result of direct Satanic attack. Though he is indirectly involved, some of what happens is simply the result of life in a fallen world.

(2) We should not assume that all our suffering is the product of our own sin or indifference to the Lord.

Personal do not believe we are to condemn or judge people who are in spiritual darkness, by no means. We are to Love our enemies, and pray those who use us, and slander, falsely accusing you.

Spiritual darkness is a real thing and believe it totally exist, though God can come at any time for those who call upon Him, and clean them from their heart when they write his laws on their heart and mind. (Hebrews 10:16)

Thank you so much for bring this up Major it has been an insightful encouragement to go and look what the word really means in Greek when it comes to Eph 6:11.

I agree!

Never meant it to be that at all. There is a big difference between sharing what Scriptures say literally and being judmental. If you perceived anything I said as judgmental....I apologize as that was not my intent in any way.

Ephesians 6:11......
"Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil."

That right there confirms the existance of a REAL Satan because HE has "cshemes"!

"The schemes of the devil" in the original Greek is - "Τας μεθοδειας του διαβολου·" which literlly means -- The methods of the devil.

T
he different means, plans, schemes, and machinations which he uses to deceive, entrap, enslave, and ruin the souls of men. A man's method of sinning is Satan's method of ruining his soul.

Okay, Major.

Thank you for sharing. Ephesians 6 seems to talk about (spiritual darkness ) that can come from high places in this world from people who are filled with spiritual darkness, and has no mention of Satan with-in the verse.

It does mention devil's schemes:​
The Greek word uses here is 1228: Diabolos: Which means 1228 diábolos (from 1225 /diabállō, "to slander, accuse, defame") – properly, a slanderer; a false accuser; unjustly criticizing to hurt (malign) and condemn to sever a relationship. ~ It is still in conjunction in my opinion with - Someone becoming and adversary towards you. 4567​
4567. Satanas​
Definition
So in Ephesians 6:11 this is why you need the Armour of God to protect yourself from anyone trying to accuse you, slander you, criticize you in reason to hurt and condemn you and sever a relationship.

Have you ever had someone do this to you in your life? That was not (Satan) - yet a Person themselves in spiritual darkness, saying all of these mean and hurtful things?

So do believe that spiritual darkness and principalities like the scripture is stating exist, but Satan himself for he was thrown in to the lake of fire with angels already.​
It’s possible I am wrong too. Though it doesn’t negate the fact of where temptations come from which is from the thoughts of our heart.​

Here is a question can spiritual darkness reside with in us humans if we are blind to the light of the Lord Jesus Christ and God rejecting them willingly? Will a person stay in darkness spiritually until they are born again?

You asked this question...........
"Here is a question can spiritual darkness reside with in us humans if we are blind to the light of the Lord Jesus Christ and God rejecting them willingly? Will a person stay in darkness spiritually until they are born again?"

Spiritual darkness means not having fellowship with God through a relationship with Jesus Christ. The darkness of separation from God is overcome through Christ.

John 1:4-5...........
“In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it”.

Reality is that From the moment Adam and Eve sinned, humans have lived in a fallen world. All people are born in a fallen state of sin and separation from God. Until a person is reborn of God’s Spirit, he or she lives in spiritual darkness. Sin darkens our understanding and destroys our spiritual sight, cloaking us in deep darkness.We, when we were lost and in darkness was in fact MORE THAN JUST IN DARKNESS.

Eph2:1.........
"And you hath he quickened, who were DEAD in trespasses and sins".

Okay, Major, Still believe already Satan has been thrown in the lake of fire with his angels and the false prophet.

Believe that temptation comes from our hearts, just as if for example a person looks with lust upon a mans wife. It doesn’t have anything with Satan at all, for all things have been completed at least in my view of the Bible itself.

You may choose to believe Satan is running amuck and believe he is luring people towards him instead if you desire, however for me, I’ll have to disagree.

I have no degree in Bible scholarship or anything and could be possibly totally wrong and accept that as a possibility however, you may believe how you choose to, thank you for taking time to respond and God bless you and your family.

Still believe already Satan has been thrown in the lake of fire with his angels and the false prophet.
I generally agree with you on what you post, MatthewG, but
I can't sign off on the above statement. Satan still roams as
a roaring lion until the end of the Tribulation, will be loosed
for awhile at the end of the Millennium Reign and then cast out
from God's sight forever. The false prophet comes onto the
scene around the start of the Tribulation, perhaps earlier, and
will be permanently bound in Hell at the end of the Tribulation.
As I have warned in previous posts, we can dig too much at once
and not dust off our finds as they show up.

That is cool Nazareth, I respect you and your belief if that is what you believe.

We are still one in the spirit of Christ as brothers and sisters, who believe on the Lord Jesus, whom God sent and rose again, my friend. That is the beauty of freedom in Christ Jesus many people have different beliefs when it comes to doctrines.

Many people will also find it hard to believe that someone has beliefs like myself which there are others out there.

My view is challenging and hard to understand, and that is okay. I’m not here to tell you are wrong or argue with you.

Go look and check scriptures and test what I’m saying with the Bible and possibly historical background information, that helps in understanding the revelation, it’s a very hard book to understand, I myself do not fully understand it completely. (Some of the Old Testament helps understand too

However most certainly believe those 7 churches who received the letter did understand it completely with all the mixed signs and language and numbers and symbols.

They had to have understood it, when they took it upon in their hands to read it. They were far from unlearned.

Thank you for taking time to post your concern, it is not that big of a deal to me. It is challenging to view all prophecy and the fulfillment of all things is completed and done by Christ Jesus. It is something that changes the whole view of scripture for some completely around, God bless Nazareth.

Last edited:
That is cool Nazareth, I respect you and your belief if that is what you believe.

We are still one in the spirit of Christ as brothers and sisters, who believe on the Lord Jesus, whom God sent and rose again, my friend. That is the beauty of freedom in Christ Jesus many people have different beliefs when it comes to doctrines.

Many people will also find it hard to believe that someone has beliefs like myself which there are others out there.

My view is challenging and hard to understand, and that is okay. I’m not here to tell you are wrong or argue with you.

Go look and check scriptures and test what I’m saying with the Bible and possibly historical background information, that helps in understanding the revelation, it’s a very hard book to understand, I myself do not fully understand it completely. (Some of the Old Testament helps understand too

However most certainly believe those 7 churches who received the letter did understand it completely with all the mixed signs and language and numbers and symbols.

They had to have understood it, when they took it upon in their hands to read it. They were far from unlearned.

Thank you for taking time to post your concern, it is not that big of a deal to me. It is challenging to view all prophecy and the fulfillment of all things is completed and done by Christ Jesus. It is something that changes the whole view of scripture for some completely around, God bless Nazareth.
Matthew, it is so uplifting for me to see you and others on this site having such great discussion though beliefs can be different. I have been on a few different sites ....though no longer...only wish they would adhere to diplomatic discussion. God bless you all. Belinda

Okay, Major, Still believe already Satan has been thrown in the lake of fire with his angels and the false prophet.

Believe that temptation comes from our hearts, just as if for example a person looks with lust upon a mans wife. It doesn’t have anything with Satan at all, for all things have been completed at least in my view of the Bible itself.

You may choose to believe Satan is running amuck and believe he is luring people towards him instead if you desire, however for me, I’ll have to disagree.

I have no degree in Bible scholarship or anything and could be possibly totally wrong and accept that as a possibility however, you may believe how you choose to, thank you for taking time to respond and God bless you and your family.

Since you believe that Satan has been placed into the Lake of Fire. I would only ask you for a Scripture from the Bible that would validate that idea.

Back