Satan - You - Sin

Thank you for your response, Major.

No need to test me any further for whatever reason it is.

You know where those verses are. You take care and good night! God bless.

Thank you Belinda, we are allowed Freedom in Christ Jesus.

You all have a good night and thank you for your views and sharing.

I haven’t read all this thread as yet, I’m at work.
But this is an interesting thread, so tomorrow on my days off I hope to come back to this and read it carefully.

see, my question is this...
From MatthewG opening post, I am attracted to this belief that it’s me that is responsible for my actions/ or non actions. Because, why blame even the devil? God has given us power over him anyway. So really I do like this, because when I sin , I can’t say
“ well the devil made me do it” mentality...I would be more tempted make more sin and play the self pity card.

thoughts..

edit: spelling.

Last edited:
Thank you for your response, Major.

No need to test me any further for whatever reason it is.

You know where those verses are. You take care and good night! God bless.

Thank you Belinda, we are allowed Freedom in Christ Jesus.

You all have a good night and thank you for your views and sharing.

There was NO test my friend. I thought that you knew something I didn't. You see......there are NO Scriptures that support your opinion.

Satan will not be placed into the Lake of Fire until at the end of the 1000 year rule of Christ as recorded in Revelation 20:10...........
"And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

There was NO test my friend. I thought that you knew something I didn't. You see......there are NO Scriptures that support your opinion. Satan will not be placed into the Lake of Fire until at the end of the 1000 year rule of Christ as recorded in Revelation 20:10........... "And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7, KJV)
When you have submitted your will to His, you will be happy with what He gives you, whether or not you get what you originally asked for.

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. (James 4:7, KJV)
When you have submitted your will to His, you will be happy with what He gives you, whether or not you get what you originally asked for.

Agreed, I find plenty in the scripture that leads me to believe that Satan is very much around to tempt us.

Agreed, I find plenty in the scripture that leads me to believe that Satan is very much around to tempt us.
However, remember that satan was created as an angel, and since nothing in Scripture suggests angelic omnipresence, he is limited geographically to one place at a time. Nevertheless, he has countless demonic minions to extend his power, yet they can't tempt everyone all at the same time. Therefore people must recognize their own complicity in the temptation experience.

Matthew.....I do not want to rain on your parade, and I do not know where this belief system you are referring to came from, but Satan and his angles have NOT BEEN placed into the lake of fire.......YET!

Satan is alive and well and in power my friend.

1 Peter %;8 declares........
"Be sober, be vigilant; because YOUR ADVERSARY THE DEVIL, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour".

Not only that but...... Satan is "the prince of the power of the air" (Eph. 2:2) and "the god of this world" (2 Cor. 4:4).

With all due respect you seem to be talking about A popular notion today about Satan and his angels is that they are presently in Hell. This is not true. Satan and his angels are at liberty. Satan is a king and has a kingdom.

We read in Ephesians 6:11, 12:.......
"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against PRINCIPALITIES, against POWERS, against the RULERS of the darkness of this world, against SPIRITUAL WICKEDNESS in HIGH PLACES."

IF Satan was in hell then the Scripture above has no meaning whatsoever.

You said.........
There is no way anyone can place blame on the devil, or Satan because the temptation came from you, yourself by your own bad thoughts.

God love ya my brother but that is also something I can not agree with. To accept that thesis, we would in effect be saying that Satan is not a real angel at all.......just a feeling or an emotion.

Satan will be bound in the coming future as seen in Revelation 20:1-2.........
"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years".

This is after Armageddon. Satan will be bound in the Abyss for 1000 years and then at the end of 1000 years we seen in Revelation 20:7-8...........
"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea."

Then there will be one final revolt againt Christ and in Revelation 20:10 we see that the end then for Satan will be.............
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
Full preterists believe that the last insurrection of evil has already happened. That is surely wrong. The destruction of Gog and Magog are also accompanied by the complete victory over Satan, and this has clearly not happened. My own view is that the return of Christ has happened (in 70 AD) and that the present age is the Millennium. This is the age when the spring rising from the Temple swells into a river - but the stagnant pools remain salt. Some full preterists take this to mean that the world will never become Christian, but that conflicts with Paul's teaching that in the end God will be "all in all". But if the prophecy refers to the present age, the final release of Satan will draw the Gog and Magog rebels from the "salt pools" and they will be destroyed. But until then, Satan remains active although the reign of Christ will continually increase.

Full preterists believe that the last insurrection of evil has already happened. That is surely wrong. The destruction of Gog and Magog are also accompanied by the complete victory over Satan, and this has clearly not happened. My own view is that the return of Christ has happened (in 70 AD) and that the present age is the Millennium. This is the age when the spring rising from the Temple swells into a river - but the stagnant pools remain salt. Some full preterists take this to mean that the world will never become Christian, but that conflicts with Paul's teaching that in the end God will be "all in all". But if the prophecy refers to the present age, the final release of Satan will draw the Gog and Magog rebels from the "salt pools" and they will be destroyed. But until then, Satan remains active although the reign of Christ will continually increase.

As I do with everyone who I speak to...I respect your position. That does not mean I agree with it, just that you have the right to your opinion.

You are saying that YOU are a "Partial Preterist" instead of a "Full Preterist".

Just so that we are all on the same page........ Preterism is the eschatological view that the “end times” prophecies of the Bible have already been fulfilled. So, when we read what the Bible says about the tribulation, we are reading history. Preterism is divided into two camps: full (or consistent) preterism and partial preterism.

According to YOUR opinion, partial preterism, there is no rapture, and passages describing the tribulation and the Antichrist are actually referring to the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD and the Roman emperor Titus. Partial preterists do believe in the return of Christ to earth and a future resurrection and judgment, but they do not teach a millennial kingdom or that Israel as a nation has a place in God’s future plan. According to partial preterists, the Bible’s references to “the last days” are speaking of the last days of the Old Jewish Covenant, not the last days of the earth itself.

Then, In order for YOUR partial preterist opinion to maintain YOUR position, you must insist that the book of Revelation was written early, before AD 70 even though the historical facts demand that it was written after 90 AD.

YOU are also required to use an inconsistent hermeneutic when interpreting prophetic passages. According to YOUR preterist view of the end times, chapters 6—18 of Revelation are highly symbolic, not describing any literal events.

WHY????

Because the destruction of Jerusalem did not involve the wholesale destruction of sea life as recorded in Rev. 16:3 or agonizing darkness of Revelation 16:10 so then these judgment must be interpreted by the preterist as purely allegorical. However, according to preterists, chapter 19 is to be understood literally—Jesus Christ will physically return.

But chapter 20 is again interpreted allegorically by preterists, while chapters 21—22 are understood literally, at least in part, in that there will truly be a new heaven and new earth.

That has absolutely NO basis in "Hermeneutical Theology"!!!

What does that mean?????

It means, to arbitrarily deny the literal nature of select portions of Revelation is to destroy the basis of interpreting any of the book correctly.
If the plagues, witnesses, beast, false prophet, millennial kingdom, etc., are all allegorical, then on what basis do we claim that the second coming of Christ and the new earth are literal? That is the failure of preterism—it leaves the interpretation of Revelation to the opinions of the interpreter.

In other words.....the failure of the Preterist theology is THAT IS MAKES THE SCRIPTURES SAY WHAT THE PERSON WANTS THEM TO SAY!!!!

However, remember that satan was created as an angel, and since nothing in Scripture suggests angelic omnipresence, he is limited geographically to one place at a time. Nevertheless, he has countless demonic minions to extend his power, yet they can't tempt everyone all at the same time. Therefore people must recognize their own complicity in the temptation experience.

Agreed!

Back