Sensus plenior

NO! 'Dark sayings' is just the word for riddle. It is child's play. If we spoke Hebrew, we would understand the double entendre easily. The word 'dark' is not in the Hebrew word at all. We must come to Christ in the sensus plenior as little children playing childish games. That is part of the beauty of it. THe "king of fierce countenance" is Christ in the sensus plenior. You can't mix them.

Later I will show you that the same way that wicked Cain is used to paint a picture of Christ, even the beast of Rev 17 glorifies Him in the same way.

I understand this concept . the darkness paints a picture of the light . even though it doesn't understand it and separates from it . but this illustrates . anything that Christ does . anitchrist will mimick . but God is about the inside and the darkness is about the outside . and darkness just means obscured . so it still adds up .. sorta .. but i get what you mean . i really have to crack out my interlinear when studying this stuff . haven't felt the need to forever . so thanks . :)

another thought that comes to me is Proverbs is a prophecy . when all the negative sayings are fulfilled .. it's pretty much the end of the world .

okay . before moving on . how about metaphors being literal spiritual reality? what methodology does that fit into?

I'm glad you asked:

To the moderator: This is also my original material.
Metaphors

The Greeks defined many figures of rhetoric with some systems being nearly endless in their divisions. We will consider ‘simile’, ‘metaphor’, and ‘allegory’ within a single class which we shall call ‘metaphor’. These three figures are based upon resemblance.

Simile
‘Simile’ is when the word ‘as’ or ‘like’ is used to connect two objects and move the contemplative mind between the ideas associated with them.
Ex 24:17 And the sight of the glory of the LORD was like devouring fire on the top of the mount in the eyes of the children of Israel.
The author could have said, “They saw God and were afraid.” The simile is intended to convey more than simple fear. The sight of the Lord was from a distance, and so it did not give a sense of immediate danger, but that should circumstances, like the wind change, they could be in great peril.

Metaphor
‘Metaphor’ is nearly the same as simile but it is used in a more direct fashion. We should be careful to recognize the figure of speech and not misapply the figure.
Heb 12:29 For our God is a consuming fire.
Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner‘s fire, and like fullers’ soap:
A fire is the rapid oxidation of material, and it would be wrong to presume that God is an exothermic chemical reaction.
He is both a refiner’s fire and a consuming fire. There is only one fire. What makes the difference is whether you are precious metal or stubble.
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Allegory
‘Allegory’ is an extended metaphor. It is likely that when the ability to discover riddle and properly discern them was lost, the memory if the figures, types and shadows remained. In the absence of proper method, men attempted to recreate shadows and types and produced allegory based upon their imagination. Sometimes their allegory was good, in that it was faithful to the broader teaching of scripture, even though it had no basis in the text considered. Sometimes it was poor, in that it may have taught morality with little linkage to the scriptures at all. And sometimes it was evil, in that men intentionally twisted the scriptures to lead men astray and give them power over them.
Without the knowledge of the method and rules, modern reviewers look upon the exegesis of the New Testament authors and can only declare that they must have had some special revelation to interpret the scriptures the way they did. They presume that since we are not endowed with the same ‘miraculous ability’ that we have no right to discern Christ in the Old Testament.
To me, the kids at a skateboard park perform magic, they know it is just a skill. Should I forbid them because I don’t understand what they do?

Living allegory
There is another figure which I shall call the living allegory. Prophets often played out a kind of ‘dinner theater’ with the intent of communicating a message to Israel in a manner that would cause them to wonder and meditate upon the message. When the prophet laid in the street and ate manure, or married a prostitute, or built sand castles and knocked them down, he was living an allegory for an illiterate people. The same picture could have been written up as a story in which allegory was used. It then could have been run down to the local print shop and been duplicated thousands of times for distribution… whoops. There was no printing in those days. The living allegory was a way to distribute important messages so that everyone would talk about it and pass the word to others.
The living theater was so outrageous that people could not contain themselves from discussing it. Before reading further, you must understand this concept. The prophet intentionally lived out dinner theater in order to make the transmission of his message a surety, yet to hide the message in a living riddle with the intention that people would meditate upon it as they attempted to solve it.
Riddling was not just a child’s game. In the greatest kings’ courts and the lowest of households, riddling was a form of entertainment. There was a social contract associated with it with a penalty of a prize for the one attempting it. There are records in the Bible that kings occasionally made the penalty death, and Pharaoh even gave his kingdom to Joseph for solving the riddles of his dreams.
Prophets used living riddles to intentionally communicate in this form of social contract. What the prophets did intentionally to communicate with Israel, God did intentionally using Israel, to communicate with the rest of mankind. God used Israel as a living allegory or as a dinner theater, to communicate the Gospel to mankind.
Consider this: God said, “You ARE my witnesses” to Israel. If we look at their history, they weren’t often very faithful to take the message of God to the rest of the world. But He didn’t say that he wanted them to be his witnesses and that he was disappointed that they weren’t. “You ARE my witnesses.” He made them his witnesses by using them in living allegory.
Within the record of Israel, God’s message of salvation is preached repeatedly in the riddles of Christ. He was so intimately involved in the lives of Israel, that Judah and Tamar did what they did thinking they were making their own choices, but when the author of Genesis observed it, God directed him it in such a way to paint a picture of the birth of Christ.
God was so intimately involved in the life of Moses that when he jumped back from his rod which had turned into a snake, he did it out of fear, but when the author of Exodus recorded it, God directed him to paint a picture of Christ at Gethsemane.
God directed Moses to strike the rock once with his rod to produce water for Israel, just as God would strike his own Son with the rod of discipline to produce living water for mankind.
God would leave Israel to die in the desert so that the remnant, those who were not disobedient, could enter the promised land, just as he leaves mankind to wait in the wilderness for his second coming so that the body of sin and death can be separated from the spirit which will enter eternity with Christ.
Ge 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
What is the flaming sword? It is a living allegory. There really were Cherubim with flaming swords. Whenever we have two things, they are really one thing with a dual-nature: consider how the puns and word play for ‘cherubim’ paint a picture of the dual-natured Christ: cerubim – lamb, ram, captain, measure, distressed, dig, pierce, open, buy, banquet, prepared, provision, blessing. One could write a book on Christ simply by considering the puns and word play of ‘cherubim’.
The meaning of ‘turn’ is to ‘transform oneself’.
‘Keep’ is to ‘preserve’.
‘Way’ is ‘road’ or ‘journey’.
‘Tree’ is a metaphor for the cross especially when it is the ‘tree of life’.
Certainly the message of the living allegory of the Cherubim was that Christ was the gate to the Garden as the Word of God which purifies the precious things and burns up the chaff and the word transforms in every way, and that he preserves the journey back by His work on the cross.
The history of Israel is a living allegory, an extended metaphor, a dinner theater, which always has its proper focus upon Christ.

Metaphor as riddle

The primary objection to allegory and metaphor is that there are no controls. When the metaphors that God has placed in his word are properly understood, they are intricately woven into the very fabric of His word and are verifiable by His word.
We have seen that the sword is a scriptural metaphor for the word because God defined it as such:
Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Furthermore, we have seen that ‘right’ is a metaphor for the heavenly and ‘left’ is a metaphor for the earthly:
Mt 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
These are God’s metaphors. They are not the invention of men. These can be used to solve other riddles in the Bible because God put them there for that very purpose.

Oil and fat
Oil and fat are a metaphor for divinty in heaven and on earth. The fat is the more solid and is God’s earthly portion.
Le 3:16 …all the fat is the LORD’S.
Le 16:25 And the fat of the sin offering shall he burn upon the altar.
The wicked claim divinity by their own fat:
Psalm 17:9 From the wicked that oppress me, from my deadly enemies, who compass me about.
10 They are inclosed in their own fat: with their mouth they speak proudly.
Being ‘like God’ is being made fat
He that trusts God will be made ‘like’ him:
Pr 28:25 He that is of a proud heart stirreth up strife: but he that putteth his trust in the LORD shall be made fat.
Remember that no riddle, shadow or type can contradict the plain teaching of the Bible. The trouble-maker will invent a lie to accuse me and attempt to discredit God. One will claim that I am teaching that men may become gods. This is false. I am teaching what the Bible teaches, that Christ is the only one who is the ‘express image’ of God, and as his bride we will be “like Him”.
1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Now I don’t fully understand what John means by this, I can just sit in awe about it. No shadow or riddle can teach that there is more than one God, or that men can become gods, since those heresies are clearly contradicted by clear teaching in the Bible. But there is some way that Christ shares himself with us by his indwelling Spirit, there is some way in the resurrection that our bodies will be like his resurrected body, that makes his bride ‘like’ him. God said in Gen 1 that He would make man in his ‘image and likeness’ and he fulfilled it since Jesus is his ‘express image’ and we are made to be like him.
He took on the flesh so that we could take on His Spirit.

Thigh
The thigh is defined by a living metaphor and it represents the will:
Ge 24:2 And Abraham said unto his eldest servant of his house, that ruled over all that he had, Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh :
Ge 24:9 And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and sware to him concerning that matter.
Ge 32:25 And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh ; and the hollow of Jacob’s thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him.
The servant swore to do the will of Abraham and Jacob’s will was broken, even as Jesus’ will was broken at Gethsemane when he cried, “Nevertheless, not my will but thine be done”.

Use Biblical metaphors to discern riddles
These metaphors are defined by the word, not invented by men. Now examine how they are used to discern the riddles.
Judges 3:15 But when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised them up a deliverer, Ehud the son of Gera, a Benjamite, a man lefthanded: and by him the children of Israel sent a present unto Eglon the king of Moab.
Ehud – pun: undivided union
son – pun: builder
Gera – pun: stranger
Benjamite – pun: son of the right hand (son of heavenly works)
left – metaphor: earthly
handed – metaphor: works
sent – word play: cast out
present – word play: sacrifice
Eglon – pun: calf-like
Moab – pun: of his father
Ehud and Elgon together are the dual natured Christ. Ehud is the undivided union with God and Elgon is the rightful king in the flesh. Jesus was the son of a stranger (God) and the Son of heavenly works. He was a man of earthly works. Jesus did earthly works in the flesh. He was perfect in his earthly obedience. It was he who was cast out as a sacrifice and was the calf of the sacrifice.
16 But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.
Dagger – sword
‘Ehud made him a dagger’ – Grammar: Ehud made himself into a dagger
cubit – a measure based upon man’s arm, as a riddle a cubit becomes Christ who is the measure of man’s work since he is judge of all.
Length – age (in time vs. eternity)
raiment – metaphor: works
right – metaphor: heavenly
thigh – will
Christ made himself into the Word which had a dual nature, he was the measure (or judge) of men in time, and he hid his Word in his works which were in his heavenly will.
17 And he brought the present unto Eglon king of Moab: and Eglon was a very fat man.
Fat – metaphor: divine
And he brought the sacrifice to himself as the calf of his father, and he was divine-man.
18 And when he had made an end to offer the present, he sent away the people that bare the present.
And when Christ had determined to offer himself (at Gethseane) he was alone.
19 But he himself turned again from the quarries that were by Gilgal, and said, I have a secret errand unto thee, O king: who said, Keep silence. And all that stood by him went out from him.
Stones – metaphor: Christians who are ‘like’ THE STONE
quaries – metaphor: the place where the stones are.
Gilgal – pun wheel
wheel – metaphor: God’s will at work in the world
errand – word play: word
But Jesus turned away from his disciples that were in God’s will working in the world, and said to himself I have a secret word, which I must not tell. And all that stood by him went out from him.
20 And Ehud came unto him; and he was sitting in a summer parlour, which he had for himself alone. And Ehud said, I have a message from God unto thee. And he arose out of his seat.
Sitting – word play – covered
summer – cool
parlour – chamber
arose – ascended
And Christ came to himself, and he was covered in a cool chamber, which he had for himself alone (unused grave), And he said to himself, I have a command from God for you. And he ascended out of his covering.
21 And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly:
put forth – cast off
And Christ cast off his earthly works, and took the Word from his heavenly will, and stuck it into his body (Christ was pierced for our transgression, and by his piercing the church is born just as Eve was taken from the side of Adam.)
22 And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.
Living metaphor – The blade went in and could not be extracted because “it is appointed unto (the) Man, once to die”. God’s surrounded his Word with his divinity as Christ was exalted, and our sin which had been bound upon him was separated from him.
Some of the metaphors were not documented above, to simplify the work getting to the metaphors of the sword, right, left and the fat all working together. For now they will be left as riddle for you to solve. Be assured that they are defined in the scriptures in a similar fashion as those we have explored.
The puns, word play, grammar and metaphor work together to expose the larger riddle which is what we might call a theme. The theme is one which is repeated throughout the scriptures, that according to his own will, Christ gave himself for our sins, was crucified and resurrected.

another thought that comes to me is Proverbs is a prophecy . when all the negative sayings are fulfilled .. it's pretty much the end of the world .

I don't know this one, do you have a reference?

Some thoughts on Metaphor, Simile, and Allegory . (thank you for that, really great material)

God is a consuming fire .. i have experienced an exothermic reaction in my body in relation to this . at times i felt i would die .. so i'm not sure if it's exactly .. a metaphor in that sense . but just my experience .

Regarding God's word being a double edged sword that discerns motives and cuts through more things than a ginsu 2000 .. and can still cut a tomato! .. i find God does use something to search me out . and elsewhere it is written that the word of God is the sword of the spirit . and when Jesus named with a sash "the word of God" returns He defeats the man of sin with the sword of His mouth and the brightness of His coming . so that's kinda what i meant .. it may seem in the physical realm .. metaphor . but it appears to affect things in the spiritual realm and from time to time .. affects the workings of the physical realm .

The flaming sword is Jesus . as in the tabernacle and temple the cherubim are on either side of the mercy seat . the flaming sword is keeping the fallen humans back from eating of it so that they will not be forever in that fallen state .

those are my impressions . thank you for all that .. it was good to read through and digest .

the darkness paints a picture of the light

I'll have to help you get over this. ;-) In sensus plenior darkness is grace. Darkness does not imitate the light. God created all things and uses them all for His glory. There is no focus but Christ and the cross and his Bride in sensus plenior, that I have found so far.

In typology darkness is bad. Can't mix 'em ;-)

I don't know this one, do you have a reference?

it's really from reading the text and comparing it to the prophets .

for example: the woman other than "wisdom" . she is a representation of Israel in rebellion but also the woman riding the Europa drunk with the blood of the saints . and part of the wind up of a metaphor used in the prophets of an idolatrous nation . so those two of the ten commandments were in direct juxtaposition for a reason . (do not covet your neighbour's a ss and do not covet your neighbour's wife)

and those letters where they say in the last times .. all these bad things will happen and people will just be really really evil and names the characteristics .. the proverbs speaks of this .

for example .

Proverbs 3

27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
when it is in your power to act.

28 Do not say to your neighbor,
"Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow"—
when you now have it with you.

29 Do not plot harm against your neighbor,
who lives trustfully near you.

30 Do not accuse a man for no reason—
when he has done you no harm.

31 Do not envy a violent man
or choose any of his ways,

32 for the LORD detests a perverse man
but takes the upright into his confidence.

33 The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked,
but he blesses the home of the righteous.

34 He mocks proud mockers
but gives grace to the humble.

35 The wise inherit honor,
but fools he holds up to shame.

Proverbs 11:28-30

28He that trusteth in his riches shall fall; but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.
29He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.
30The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Verse 30 is important when reading that passage in Daniel about the wise becoming as the stars forever and ever mixed with the parable speaking of the heart that yields 30, 60, or 100 times what was sown . because .. it says "and those who are wise .." as an extra type of overcomer type thing .

since i haven't experienced it . it seems like a metaphor . but maybe we will be like stars .. who knows?

I'll have to help you get over this. ;-) In sensus plenior darkness is grace. Darkness does not imitate the light. God created all things and uses them all for His glory. There is no focus but Christ and the cross and his Bride in sensus plenior, that I have found so far.

In typology darkness is bad. Can't mix 'em ;-)

Okay . but they still seem to be opposite . law and grace seem to conflict quite a lot . but okay .. yeah .. the evening just is . and the morning just is . they are separate and both have good purposes . because to the pure all things are pure .

.. it may seem in the physical realm .. metaphor . but it appears to affect things in the spiritual realm and from time to time .. affects the workings of the physical realm .

Another time when we speak of the six ways to know God, walking in the spirit is intentionally participating in the living metaphor that God is painting in your current circumstances. Example:

Jesus saw Zachaeus in the tree. His name means pure, but he represents sin as chief tax collector. Jesus sees a living metaphor of himself on the cross so he intentionally completes the picture by inviting himself to dinner. He does this because when he comes off the cross, he goes to a banquet. He intentionally finished the picture. He does the same when raising Lazarus from the dead. He saw Lazarus (Eliezer - the name of the high priest) who was sickly. Jesus was the sickly high priest.... ineffectual as a priest until he died since he was from the wrong tribe to be a priest according to the flesh. He saw his own death in Lazarus and faced a mini Gethsemane experience which is why he groaned so deeply. He finished the picture of himself by raising Lazarus from the dead.

We too can finish the pictures God is painting around us once we learn to see them.

since i haven't experienced it . it seems like a metaphor . but maybe we will be like stars .. who knows?

Abraham had three descriptions of his children.

Dust... without the word
Sand of the sea... washed by the word
Stars in the formament... Those who are fruitful and let their light shine in Christ (the firmament)

We are the stars. Israel the sand. Ishmael and Esau the dust.

Abraham had three descriptions of his children.

Dust... without the word
Sand of the sea... washed by the word
Stars in the formament... Those who are fruitful and let their light shine in Christ (the firmament)

We are the stars. Israel the sand. Ishmael and Esau the dust.

hmm paints a picture of star dust sprinkled all over the creation .

"and the earth will be full of the knowledge of the lord as the waters over the sea"

We too can finish the pictures God is painting around us once we learn to see them.

I used to think like this all the time . but my desire perished due to lack of interest in others .

i think i might get back into that again . this is fun . :)

And besides .. i don't feel right learning something if i cannot apply it .

thanks again for the inspiration . i think i'll sleep now . early start tomorrow .

blessings .

We went through a bunch. I am very happy to meet you. You have encouraged meet greatly. For seven years I have mostly received condemnation for seeing Christ in the scriptures. Only last week a pastor told me that seeing Christ in the Old Testament would split his church.

We do need to get into the nitty gritty of it, as fun as this is. It is there that it will be proven out or not.

I hope we haven't gone through so much that it will discourage others from participating.

Don't worry Bob, as long as there are two in a conversation . people sharing a similar interest can always join in . i'm glad to have met you as well :)

yeah i usually get flack for seeing a negative verse as encouraging . and usually it takes a lot of explaining to make my perspective clear . so i know what you mean . i like this perspective .. i'll try to add it as another parallel . as there's always room for another spoke on the wheel . so Sensus Plenior is .. parallel .. typology .. good to know .

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jo 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
This is the secret of the candle with seven lights. It has three on one side and three on the other. The center one is higher and means that the other six are all one testimony.

The number three always represents the trinity in some aspect or another: Father, Son, Holy Ghost. The Father speaks and we hear, The son works and we see his works, the Holy Ghost gives Life and we walk in that life. Or we are deaf, blind and lame when we do not respond to God.

The verses are parallel. So the Father = Spirit The Father is spirit and we worship him in spirit and truth.
The Son = Word = Water which respresents the Word of God. Jesus is the living Torah.
The Holy Ghost = Blood = Life "Life is in the blood" It is He that gives the increase.

So each one testifies on earth and in heaven, or to the flesh and to the spirit in three ways each.

In the flesh:
We hear when we instinctively know God from creation. We have a gut feeling for Him like hearing a voice but not the words. Like sheep hearing the shepherd.
We see when we understand the Word intellectually.
We walk when we use our will to overcome the flesh by deciding whom to serve today.

In the Spirit:
We hear when we instinctively know that the scriptures speak of Christ in the stories of the judges and Tamar and Cain and Abel, but we do not understand the words. We hear the hints but not the story line.
We see in the spirit when we finally are able to understand the detailed revelation of Christ in the scriptures.
We walk in the spirit when we actively participate in the pictures of Christ that God is currently painting around us.

We can do his will in the flesh by obedience. But we do his will in the spirit when we live the sensus plenior.

1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
Re 19:10 ...for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

This is a second witness that we understand prophecy and riddle by uncovering them with what we know of Christ.

first thing that came to mind is how the proverbs have this way of listing things and the "even" item is the best or the worst in the list . for example:

Proverbs 6:16 (KJV)
16These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

Textual issues around those two particular verses aside, what you have described here is what usually divides the faith and one tends to always frustrate the other . as the scripture says .

this may seem random to you . but how does this relate to the Seven Churches of the Revelation .. they had candlesticks too right?

Good question. The number seven means completeness. The candlestick is the complete revelation of God in heaven and earth... the Torah...Christ. It is the same in Revelation. Christ is the seven candles. He is the complete revelation of God. However, notice that we are to be made 'like' him. Therefor in another voice (we haven't spoken of the voices of God yet) the candles are the church. The Church is the full revelation of Christ since he is in the church and the church in Him.

The four voices of God are those of the King, prophet, judge and priest. These are the faces on the wheels, the four edges of the two two edged swords, the horns of the altar, everything where there are four. The King speaks literal history. We are accustomed to reading the voice of the king. The other three are hidden in sensus plenior.

So the judge speaks Gods morality to the literal.
The prophet speaks of Jesus in the flesh.
The priest speaks of Christ in eternity.

This is why I said that if sensus plenior is real and you have only read the literal you have only read 1/4 of what God has to say.
I am getting proficient at hearing the prophet and priest. I have to work at the judge.

Here is an example of the judge.

Mt 21:6 And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them,
7 And brought the ass, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon.
8 And a very great multitude spread their garments in the way; others cut down branches from the trees, and strawed them in the way.

THe donkey represents the prophet.
The female represents those who do not see clearly "the woman was deceived"
Garments represent works
Branches... we are the branches
Tree, Christ is the tree in the Garden
Air is spirit
earth is earthly
Sitting is finished.

Jesus comes into Jerusalem led by the older she donkey.
Jesus comes into Jerusalem led by the old prophets who did not see clearly

He is sitting on the garments of his disciples
He is finished with the works of his disciples

He is riding the colt (male) donkey
He is ushered in by John the Baptist, the last prophet who knew who Jesus was (saw clearly)

The people break branches from the tree
The people separate themselves from Christ

They do not wave them in the air according to the feast custom
They are not a people of the spirit

They throw the branches on the ground
They declare they are an earthly people (Onan, representing Israel wasted his seed in the earth)

They throw their garment on the ground
They declare their works to be earthly works

In the literal it appears that they were welcoming Jesus. But in the sensus plenior we see that they were rejecting him. The voice of the judge. The next day they were shouting "Crucify Him", which verifies the judgment of the voice of the Judge.

this may seem random to you

The nature of sensus plenior... correlating scriptures throughout the Bible leads to many 'random' connections like this. When someone is not engaged in the conversation, or does not have the Bible knowledge to be able to correlate, their eyes glaze over about now. But it is a valid SP connection and a logical question.

Back