Dusty

Inactive
Shine The Light

letyourlightshine.gif

Psalm 27:1...The LORD is my light and my salvation—
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
of whom shall I be afraid?

Imagine that you have been sitting in pitch blackness for a long while and your friend showed up with a flashlight . We have the light . We have the Light Of Jesus Christ who said " I am the light of the world '' ...John 9:5

Jesus told us we are the light as we reflect Jesus Christ and are His follower. We are the lamp so to speak reflecting His light to the world.

In Matthew 5:16 it says " In the same way , let your light shine before others " Don't hide it . , and don't cover it and don't bury it .

So I am saying to us all .... Go Shine

A candle in the dark can push back the darkness, but the darkness cannot push the light. Only if you extiquish the light does the darkness win, so one should stand stand strong and firm in God.

I remmeber a verse about how the light on a hill is not covered, but allowed to shine so all can see.

So we as Gods people need to let God shine thrrough us, if we don't it is like putting out that candle. Salt of the world.

i have asked God to rebuff evil intended for me back to the source.i don,t ask to hurt the person but the source.

Gen 12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

2Ti 4:14
Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works:

Pro 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Jesus Is Lord.

i have asked God to rebuff evil intended for me back to the source.i don,t ask to hurt the person but the source.

Michael ... In a way I guess you can say that you are shining your light by asking God to push back the forces of evil . And No we never want to hurt the person involved . In fact that as Christians should not be our intension . God will judge each one accordingly .

Are there other ways that we can shine our light for Jesus ?

Newsboys - "Shine"

shine
make ´em wonder what you´ve got
make ´em wish that they were not
on the outside looking bored
shine
let it shine before all men
let´em see good works, and then
let ´em glorify the Lord

I love that song. :D

Newsboys - "Shine"

shine
make ´em wonder what you´ve got
make ´em wish that they were not
on the outside looking bored
shine
let it shine before all men
let´em see good works, and then
let ´em glorify the Lord

I love that song. :D

I never heard it Dean .... Can you find it on you tube ? I don't even know how to do that.....Duh ... I just listen to others who post the songs .

I was just reading about the plagues that God told Moses to inflict on the Egyptians and can you imagine the Plague Of Darkness .

This was not a normal darkness , it had a supernatural element to it that could be felt .

Light is not only a physical property ; it is an aspect of God's character.

God is Light and in Him is no darkness at all ( 1 John 1:5)

In judgement , God can withdraw His presence so significantly that the void remaining is darkness which may even be felt .

God did not even allow arificial light sources to work ; even candles and lamps were unable to produce light

Matthew 5:13
[ Salt and Light ] "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.

Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Luke 8:16
[ A Lamp on a Stand ] "No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light.

Luke 11:36
Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you."

Back