Shop at Wal-mart not Target

Wal-Mart isn't very well run.

Our local WM has 2 sets of self-serve checkouts with four machines each.

Recently, I noticed that two were offline and had been so for some time. When I asked the cashier, I was told they needed two cashiers to have 4 machines online. The reason was they're losing too much merchandise on them. They will be removed when the store is remodeled soon.

I don't know. Kroger, Food City, Lowe's & Home Depot all have 4 machines staffed by a single cashier. And I see no indications they will be removed.

I still go to Walmart. Ban...which one are you going to? There's a supercenter in Central Oregon (supposed to be the largest one in the nation until one being built now opens). It's sparkling clean and I like their restrooms because they don't seem so..."public".

In my area, there are 5 that I can quickly drive to, and 3 that would take about 30 minutes. MOST were awesome the first year they were open, but they all deteriorated very quickly after that. The lines are always ridiculous, and the stores just look like old K-Mart stores that have been trashed.

There are only 2 "Super Target"s that I can drive to relatively quickly, and 1 that I can drive about 30 minutes to. They are all very clean, there are always more than enough employees at the registers so I rarely ever have to wait in line.

Perhaps I am in the minority here. However, I don't think you can blame walmart for "putting the little guy out of business". Look, if you had a business that could sell for less and sell A LOT and make a ton of money, you would do it. The blame is then on the people who choose walmart over the little guy stores. Second, I have never been to a dirty walmart. Not anywhere I have ever lived. Third, I have never had to return an item to walmart due to defect or poor quality. Ever. Fourth, Walmarts always have stepped up and donated money and food and drinks to church causes I have been associated with. Perhaps it is different where ya'll live, but in all the 6 towns I have lived in across the country, and in every walmart I have visited while traveling, I have had nothing but great experiences. They pay their people only 8 dollars an hour? Praise God, the employ a lot of people and pay them higher than min. wage!

We are each intitled to our opinion. Wal Mart does some good and employs alot of folks at modest wages. But they are also known industry wide for putting the full wieght of the biggest retailer on the planet to wipe out smaller competetors. And yes they are the biggest factor for the outsourcing of American manufacturing jobs as well.

laughing2.gif

That's cute, Dusty!:D

It's like a bait shop for fishermen.:)

(Dont worry...I didn't know what a cue was in the supermarket until just recently.:()

WW , Sorry I didn't get it. What's cute ? I missed the joke It went over my head. You gotta explain now WW.... so I can laugh too.

We just got two Super Walmarts here . I don't like them at all . Went in and came out ... too big and I couldn't find any thing.

Dusty - sorry, I might have clicked on the wrong thread, but you were asking what a fly shop was. He he he

Hey! Christians should come together and make their own store. SalvationMart, or something...no wait.

That wouldn't work, would it? It would be materialistic? Money-driven?

Nevermind.

Back