Should Baptism be repeated?

Bob an interesting perspective. You call it bubba dedication. What does that entail ? A few goo goos and gah gahs perhaps and than we see you in 12 yrs when bubba is able to speak properly understand fully why they are being throwing in the pond. You must explain me some more : ) We only know the infant baptism. But in your understanding a child cannot fully have any understanding of the initiation of baptism at such a young age.
pardon my ways but its not a goos and gah gahs its a time of prayer that you dedicate the Child to the Lord. by saying you will train the child up in the way he/she will go.. does it do anything spiritual for the Child? were not the Holy spirit. we never did a dedication service to our son... i was still in my wild stage the wife took him to Church in his carrier . went to the altar and prayed over him.. your goos and gah gahs is a tad bit carnal remark. its a serious thing just like when one decides to rededicate their life back to the Lord

According to Baptist belief this is decided at the of understanding generally around 12 yrs of age.
i have never heard no such thing preached or taught ..its not a baptist thing. its bible the age varies some are saved at a younger age.. it all depends on the knowledge of understanding . i been affiliated with the baptist for some 30 years never heard a age of 12 teaching

pardon my ways but its not a goos and gah gahs its a time of prayer that you dedicate the Child to the Lord. by saying you will train the child up in the way he/she will go.. does it do anything spiritual for the Child? were not the Holy spirit. we never did a dedication service to our son... i was still in my wild stage the wife took him to Church in his carrier . went to the altar and prayed over him.. your goos and gah gahs is a tad bit carnal remark. its a serious thing just like when one decides to rededicate their life back to the Lord
i have never heard no such thing preached or taught ..its not a baptist thing. its bible the age varies some are saved at a younger age.. it all depends on the knowledge of understanding . i been affiliated with the baptist for some 30 years never heard a age of 12 teaching
Forgiven I think I wrote ( according to Baptist belief this is decided at the age of understanding GENERALLy around 12 years of age) Generally meaning just that could be some younger or some older but generally the age of 12 is the given number. As to the goo goos and gah gahs. The reply was sent to Bob not you . Bob has sense of humour but my apologies if that’ has offended you. Forgiven in my post 40 I have already given an apology of my misunderstanding of the post. The post was never about infant baptism it was a discussion about Baptist people who were mandatorily baptised who believing later that were not Christians or were not understanding of the full principles of baptism at the time and who wanted to be baptised again. It be more a In house Baptist matter of discussion. The very reason I wrote that I would withdraw from the discussion in post 40 before your latter replies. Forgiven I hope you respect those wishes . ❤️

Last edited:
it was a discussion about Baptist people
where does Baptist came in at ? baptism is Bible over the years man has made up doctrine to fit them from Baptist /reformed to the Pentecostals the most important baptism is the the baptism of the Holy spirit === Born again ==then baptized in water then we grow

The original post said it was Baptists doing this. I have been a Baptist most of my life and have never heard of mandatory baptism just because of their age. This is not biblical and I disagree with the practise of it.
yes i have talked with those who had to be baptized again just to join a church even though they had been previous baptized

A few years back, I looked into various beliefs and practices regarding water baptism.

Besides sprinkling vs immersion, and Adult vs Infant baptism, there are issues including whether the water is natural or not, as well as whether it is flowing or not. in whose name one is baptized (Some say one must be baptized in the name of Jesus, but do not recognize, for example, my baptism in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. (see Acts 2:38, which only specifies "the name of Jesus" only)

In order to join their church, I would have to be re-baptized.

My approach in these cases is that it is much more important to have a clear understanding of what it is (for me it is a public declaration and act of obedience).

A few years back, I looked into various beliefs and practices regarding water baptism.

Besides sprinkling vs immersion, and Adult vs Infant baptism, there are issues including whether the water is natural or not, as well as whether it is flowing or not. in whose name one is baptized (Some say one must be baptized in the name of Jesus, but do not recognize, for example, my baptism in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. (see Acts 2:38, which only specifies "the name of Jesus" only)

In order to join their church, I would have to be re-baptized.

My approach in these cases is that it is much more important to have a clear understanding of what it is (for me it is a public declaration and act of obedience).
yes i have seen all this and its not Bible i dont know as if you baptize in jesus name or father son holyghost really matter its just words, the great commission reads in the name of the father son holy ghost . once again they read a scripture make a doctrine. apostolic are Jesus name only

Back