Should Homosexual Behavior Be Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is on the books in many towns and cities that sodomy is illegal and subject to some pretty harsh punishment, but most people aren't aware of it because it is considered archaic and the laws concerning it are never enforced---but they are still there, large as life.

Speaking against sin it self is our responsibility as a Christian. Yet the one who is enslaved by it we are to have compassion on.
Sin always lays dormant in a person until the Word of God reveals it, and then it springs back to life and causes the one who has it to try and escape from those speaking the Word. The love (God) that dwells within us draws them back. Sin tries to escape but love draws them back in an attempt to release their prisoners who are held in bondage.
Let us not forget that we are going to judge this world, and not only this world but also angels. Are we ready, and do we have the Wisdom to do so?

Rom 7:9 Once I was alive, but quite apart from and unconscious of the Law. But when the commandment came, sin lived again and I died (was sentenced by the Law to death). [Ps. 73:22.]

1Co 6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?
1Co 6:3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, then, matters pertaining to this life!

It shouldn't be illegal. The government has no business in someone's sex life.

I'm not agreeing with it but I don't care for the government being involved in personal matters.

Casually speaking, the problem is one of authority. People don't know how to climb back out of the ungodly box they've placed themselves into. They don't know what Godly government is. And it's not going to get any easier, with the possibility of having to give up the TV remote and creamed coffee.

Based on SergioL's responses in the other thread and in here, he's been hurt by well-meaning but spiritually ignorant folk - people who, for their supposed position in the body of Christ, should certainly have known better.

Don't sweat it, SergioL. The Holy Bible tells us repeatedly we are to trust no man; no man means no man.

It doesn't matter to the born again believer if an ungodly government criminalizes homosexuality, because that government is acting in its own selfish interest anyway. What's relevant here is that a born again believer is never to be found sustaining a lie. Touch not the unclean thing, and the King will receive you. The "unclean things" would include ungodly government. From such turn away.

I'm not agreeing with it but I don't care for the government being involved in personal matters.

Because the USA was founded by Christians and the laws were laid down by God-fearing people, they reflected the values of the people---that is how it always is, unless you have a dictatorship. Sexual behaviour may seem personal to you, but it is a behaviour that affects the morality of many.

Because the USA was founded by Christians and the laws were laid down by God-fearing people, they reflected the values of the people---that is how it always is, unless you have a dictatorship. Sexual behaviour may seem personal to you, but it is a behaviour that affects the morality of many.

The founding fathers were mostly Deists not Christians.

As to sexual behavior, it is none of the government's business.

I have no problem speaking with them. I just won't allow it around my son. I would defend a Homosexual from death as well. Death by stoning is the old law and of course it wouldn't be tolerated today. But we don't have to sit around and say "oh well, it won't affect my family at all so just let them do what they want." Would you allow a rapist to enter your house with his last victim?

But the country is not your house. We are talking about laws that affect everyone, no matter where they are.

If we were to really apply the law of Moses, homosexuality would have to be punished by death (Leviticus 18:22), worshiping other gods would have to be punished by death (Exodus 22:20), extramarital sex would have to be punished by death (Leviticus 20:10, Deuteronomy 22:20-21, Deuteronomy 22:25), uttering a blasphemous statement would have to be punished by death (Leviticus 24:14-16), not keeping the Sabbath would have to be punished by death (Exodus 31:15), and being disobedient to our parents would have to be punished by death (Exodus 21:17, Exodus 21:15, Deuteronomy 21:18-21). Now let's be honest with ourselves, how many of us would be alive if we apply these laws to our own lives?

what? the government gets invold with issues on a personal level all the time. But what we have now is a issue that was once unlawful and shameful, being promoted and approved by government.

If we were to really apply the law of Moses, homosexuality would have to be punished by death (Leviticus 18:22), worshiping other gods would have to be punished by death (Exodus 22:20), extramarital sex would have to be punished by death (Leviticus 20:10, Deuteronomy 22:20-21, Deuteronomy 22:25), uttering a blasphemous statement would have to be punished by death (Leviticus 24:14-16), not keeping the Sabbath would have to be punished by death (Exodus 31:15), and being disobedient to our parents would have to be punished by death (Exodus 21:17, Exodus 21:15, Deuteronomy 21:18-21). Now let's be honest with ourselves, how many of us would be alive if we apply these laws to our own lives?
Well the Law of Moses was written for those who where under law, but be sure that these people are under a sentence of death and death is upon them.

Hi brothers and sisters. I was recently kicked out of a chat channel because I don't support the criminalization of homosexuality. I was kicked out by the owner this channel, a pastor who is known all over the world and highly esteemed by nearly everyone. That hurt a lot because up to that moment I really admired this pastor. Furthermore, it hurt because it makes me think that there are a lot of Christians who support the criminalization of homosexuality, which in my opinion is a great crime not only against homosexuals but also against the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. I'll try and explain my position as briefly as possible. The New Testament tells us the following: 1 Corinthians 5:12-13. According to these verses, God is the only one who can judge those who are not Christians. We cannot impose our values upon them. This idea is reinforced by the following passage:

"He put another parable before them saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. And the servants of the master of the house came and said to him, "Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?" He said to them "An enemy has done this". So the servants said to him, "Then do you want us to go and gather them?" But he said, "No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, "Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn" (Matthew 13:24-30)

This parable is explained by Jesus in Matthew 13:36-43. Briefly, the harvest is Judgment day, the wheat are the sons of God, the weeds are the sons of Satan, and the reapers are angels. So, according to this passage, God will separate the evil ones from the just ones at the end of time. He doesn't even allow his angels to harm the evil ones right now, since some of the sons of God might be hurt in the process. Consequently, we shouldn't try to separate the weeds from the wheat all by ourselves.

Through history, every time the church has tried to impose its values on non-Christians, the Gospel has suffered greatly. This happened during the inquisition, the witch hunts, etc. So, I firmly believe that we must approach the non-Christians with love and patience, not with hatred and bigotry. Jesus ate with sinners and prostitutes and by showing them his love he saved many of them. We should do the same. God is love and as sons of God we must be patient and loving towards the sinners, remembering that we are also sinners like them.

What do you think about this topic?
I shall answer your question with a question: Why have any law?

Really. What purpose do they serve? Who is anyone to tell another what they can and cannot do? Nike's slogan: Just do it!

Don't they serve to combat chaos and confusion? If anyone can drive any way at all there would be a lot of injuries and even death. But a painted solid line down the middle of the road saves my life. Does the line have power? Does it keep the car from swerving into my lane? No. Now this is an easy example of how one would be willing to obey a law because they can understand the consequences of breaking them: potential death. Why then, are there age limitations on driving? Why not let a 5 year old get behind the wheel and tell them, "Don't cross that line or you may die."? Simple enough right? What will happen? Something bad for sure.

While we are no longer bound by the Law through Jesus' death, in reality to one truly saved and seeking God's guidance have the Law moved from the pages of a book to their heart and able to fulfill the Law through Jesus' work on the cross and the Holy Spirit's guidance. What I mean is that one is to following the law out of consequences and the other is following the law out of love. Let's follow the once law of One Man One Woman = marriage.

Take that law away and now you have two men or two women. Then someone wants two woman for one man or three men for one woman. Then you want four men and four women. Then you want four men with four men. When does it stop? Why even bother then with a marriage law at all? In fact the act of copulation is the act of being married, so in reality that's already going on in today's society. What about with animals? Still a taboo but it's coming because it's already in the shadows just like homosexuality has been. It's the natural digression of chaos.

Gluttony and drunkenness are sins too, but there's no law against them in one's home, yet God said ALL these things have consequences and some are easy to see while others we're just now learning about - diabetes and liver damage leading to other deadly effects. So what if it's legal to smoke pot? What difference does it make? It's addicting. It'll ruin your future - there's a reason they're called pot-heads. Studies show that there's an 8-point decrease in IQ of kids that smoke pot. Studies show that after the high comes a wave of anxiety, fear and depression. And memory can be affected permanently. Due to decrease brain activity impotence can occur. I guess we'll see if any of this is true as America legalizes it across the nation what will become of us.

So should homosexuality be wrong in society? My answer: should we have any laws at all? Your answer to my question is the same as my answer to your question.

I shall answer your question with a question: Why have any law?

Really. What purpose do they serve? Who is anyone to tell another what they can and cannot do? Nike's slogan: Just do it!

Don't they serve to combat chaos and confusion? If anyone can drive any way at all there would be a lot of injuries and even death. But a painted solid line down the middle of the road saves my life. Does the line have power? Does it keep the car from swerving into my lane? No. Now this is an easy example of how one would be willing to obey a law because they can understand the consequences of breaking them: potential death. Why then, are there age limitations on driving? Why not let a 5 year old get behind the wheel and tell them, "Don't cross that line or you may die."? Simple enough right? What will happen? Something bad for sure.

While we are no longer bound by the Law through Jesus' death, in reality to one truly saved and seeking God's guidance have the Law moved from the pages of a book to their heart and able to fulfill the Law through Jesus' work on the cross and the Holy Spirit's guidance. What I mean is that one is to following the law out of consequences and the other is following the law out of love. Let's follow the once law of One Man One Woman = marriage.

Take that law away and now you have two men or two women. Then someone wants two woman for one man or three men for one woman. Then you want four men and four women. Then you want four men with four men. When does it stop? Why even bother then with a marriage law at all? In fact the act of copulation is the act of being married, so in reality that's already going on in today's society. What about with animals? Still a taboo but it's coming because it's already in the shadows just like homosexuality has been. It's the natural digression of chaos.

Gluttony and drunkenness are sins too, but there's no law against them in one's home, yet God said ALL these things have consequences and some are easy to see while others we're just now learning about - diabetes and liver damage leading to other deadly effects. So what if it's legal to smoke pot? What difference does it make? It's addicting. It'll ruin your future - there's a reason they're called pot-heads. Studies show that there's an 8-point decrease in IQ of kids that smoke pot. Studies show that after the high comes a wave of anxiety, fear and depression. And memory can be affected permanently. Due to decrease brain activity impotence can occur. I guess we'll see if any of this is true as America legalizes it across the nation what will become of us.

So should homosexuality be wrong in society? My answer: should we have any laws at all? Your answer to my question is the same as my answer to your question.

I don't understand why people are so afraid of being straightforward when it comes to this topic. Do you support the crminalization of homosexuality? Don't answer with a treaty, simply say yes or no

I don't understand why people are so afraid of being straightforward when it comes to this topic. Do you support the crminalization of homosexuality? Don't answer with a treaty, simply say yes or no
If I asked you "Do you still beat your dog?" Yes or No.

Some questions are not that easy to answer. You have to explain why first. If you answer yes, then you've committed animal cruelty. If you answer no, then you used to commit animal cruelty (even if you actually never did), or the fact that you may not even own a dog!

Learn to use your brain. There are reasons for laws and what they mean and the consequences. I know from your quick response, you didn't even read my comment. So you're only here to pick a fight and not learn from the discussion. Good day sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back