Should Homosexual Behavior Be Illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I asked you "Do you still beat your dog?" Yes or No.

Some questions are not that easy to answer. You have to explain why first. If you answer yes, then you've committed animal cruelty. If you answer no, then you used to commit animal cruelty (even if you actually never did), or the fact that you may not even own a dog!

Learn to use your brain. There are reasons for laws and what they mean and the consequences. I know from your quick response, you didn't even read my comment. So you're only here to pick a fight and not learn from the discussion. Good day sir.

OK, I won't force you to tell us if you support the criminalization of homosexuality or not, although your inability to provide a straightforward answer is an answer in itself.

OK, I won't force you to tell us if you support the criminalization of homosexuality or not, although your inability to provide a straightforward answer is an answer in itself.
I did clearly answer your question, but the worst invention for the world was the microwave because children like you cannot comprehend truths anymore and demand only. Sad indeed.

Of course its a crime and should be treated as a sex-crime...

Here you have a list of some of the things that are punishable by death according to the Law of Moses:

Homosexuality (Leviticus 18:22), worshiping other gods (Exodus 22:20), extramarital sex (Leviticus 20:10, Deuteronomy 22:20-21, Deuteronomy 22:25), uttering a blasphemous statement (Leviticus 24:14-16), not keeping the Sabbath (Exodus 31:15), and being disobedient to our parents (Exodus 21:17, Exodus 21:15, Deuteronomy 21:18-21).

Be honest and ask yourself if you are not worthy of the death penalty yourself. I know that according to the law of Moses I would have deserved at least four death penalties during the course of my life. If you, a Christian, do not live under the law of Moses, why do you force the unbelievers to live under the law of Moses?

Here you have a list of some of the things that are punishable by death according to the Law of Moses:

Homosexuality (Leviticus 18:22), worshiping other gods (Exodus 22:20), extramarital sex (Leviticus 20:10, Deuteronomy 22:20-21, Deuteronomy 22:25), uttering a blasphemous statement (Leviticus 24:14-16), not keeping the Sabbath (Exodus 31:15), and being disobedient to our parents (Exodus 21:17, Exodus 21:15, Deuteronomy 21:18-21).

Be honest and ask yourself if you are not worthy of the death penalty yourself. I know that according to the law of Moses I would have deserved at least four death penalties during the course of my life. If you, a Christian, do not live under the law of Moses, why do you force the unbelievers to live under the law of Moses?
I have already died to the law, through Christ....so whats your point? I have not tried to impose the law of Moses, although be sure that the sentence of death is upon all those who reject Christ and His Grace.

God's laws supersede the laws made by man, and yes those who commit such things are deserving of death. Isnt that what sin does? It makes no difference if man makes homseuallity legal or not, it will always bring death.

The purpose of the law, was to make the whole world guilty before God and bring every person to Christ...the law places a sentence of death upon all men, because all men are sinners. Now these people are clearly living in a lifestyle of death and they will receive the judgment of the law if they do not turn to Christ and His grace.

You are talking about the old law. And this conversation wasn't started with the idea of a death penalty. It was if this should be illegal or not. You are pushing the envelope with your comments. Should homosexuality be illegal, yes. Look at how it has separated our country on this issue. Worshipping of gods, yes. Once again this has divided our nation. Extramarital sex, yes. This kills relationships and destroys families. Blasphemous statement, yes. This brings nothing but strife and hatred. Keeping the Sabbath, yes. Our country needs to turn toward God again and set aside a day to focus on him and family and not our work lives. Disobedient to our parents, yes. If kids these days were held accountable for treating their parents with utter disrespect then maybe they would grow up to be God fearing adults. I use to work with juveniles and I can tell you if parents would have instilled some sort of values and discipline along with God in their kids life then they wouldn't be as messed up as they are.

Now I feel we should be following Gods law not ours. Our countries laws were based off of Gods Law and have slowly through the years steered away from God. I think if people were held more accountable for their actions, blasphemy, disobedient, sexual immorality, and worshipping false Gods then we wouldn't have the social issues we are having. Granted there would still be some because that is the nature of man, but there would be less.

Do I believe we should kill someone for acting out in this way? Nope not at all.

Now before you get into our Constitutional rights I am going to cover two here.

1. Freedom of Speech: This wasn't a free pass for people to say anything they wanted. This was there because the Crown would arrest, kill anyone who didn't side with it, even though it was corrupt and evil. The crown used the church and perverted the laws to fit their filthy needs and wants.
2. Freedom of Religion: This was to get away from the Catholic church and its ridiculous ideas on how someone should worship. People wanted to read the bible for themselves and not be told by a corrupt entity how to worship Jesus. If it was for freedom of lets say witchcraft then in the past they wouldn't have head hunted witches.

Just my thoughts.

Woe, to those who have passed any laws in our country that tells us it is ok to marry the same sex. Calling evil good comes directly from Satan himself.

Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

I have already died to the law, through Christ....so whats your point? I have not tried to impose the law of Moses, although be sure that the sentence of death is upon all those who reject Christ and His Grace.

Why do you think that you regard homosexuality as a sin? Because of the law of Moses. You try to impose the law of Moses on others, while refusing to live by its own standards yourself.

God's laws supersede the laws made by man, and yes those who commit such things are deserving of death. Isnt that what sin does? It makes no difference if man makes homseuallity legal or not, it will always bring death.

We all know that the result of sin is death (spiritual death). We are talking about an actual death sentence here, or at least about imprisonment or beatings.

You are talking about the old law. And this conversation wasn't started with the idea of a death penalty. It was if this should be illegal or not. You are pushing the envelope with your comments. Should homosexuality be illegal, yes. Look at how it has separated our country on this issue. Worshipping of gods, yes. Once again this has divided our nation. Extramarital sex, yes. This kills relationships and destroys families. Blasphemous statement, yes. This brings nothing but strife and hatred. Keeping the Sabbath, yes. Our country needs to turn toward God again and set aside a day to focus on him and family and not our work lives. Disobedient to our parents, yes. If kids these days were held accountable for treating their parents with utter disrespect then maybe they would grow up to be God fearing adults. I use to work with juveniles and I can tell you if parents would have instilled some sort of values and discipline along with God in their kids life then they wouldn't be as messed up as they are.

Now I feel we should be following Gods law not ours. Our countries laws were based off of Gods Law and have slowly through the years steered away from God. I think if people were held more accountable for their actions, blasphemy, disobedient, sexual immorality, and worshipping false Gods then we wouldn't have the social issues we are having. Granted there would still be some because that is the nature of man, but there would be less.

Do I believe we should kill someone for acting out in this way? Nope not at all.

Now before you get into our Constitutional rights I am going to cover two here.

1. Freedom of Speech: This wasn't a free pass for people to say anything they wanted. This was there because the Crown would arrest, kill anyone who didn't side with it, even though it was corrupt and evil. The crown used the church and perverted the laws to fit their filthy needs and wants.
2. Freedom of Religion: This was to get away from the Catholic church and its ridiculous ideas on how someone should worship. People wanted to read the bible for themselves and not be told by a corrupt entity how to worship Jesus. If it was for freedom of lets say witchcraft then in the past they wouldn't have head hunted witches.

Just my thoughts.

The problem is that you don't get to pick and choose with the law of Moses. Read this James 2:10. If you are willing to go around your city burning Buddhist temples and stoning disobedient children, you have never known the love of Christ. You said that your gay cousin could pervert your son, but what about these feeling of yours? Won't this pervert your son even more?

Why do you think that you regard homosexuality as a sin? Because of the law of Moses. You try to impose the law of Moses on others, while refusing to live by its own standards yourself.
Well of course we see the law condemn this in absolute terms, but we see the New Testament confirm this over and over as the most ungodly of acts.

The problem is that you don't get to pick and choose with the law of Moses. Read this James 2:10. If you are willing to go around your city burning Buddhist temples and stoning disobedient children, you have never known the love of Christ. You said that your gay cousin could pervert your son, but what about these feeling of yours? Won't this pervert your son even more?
Look you are playing that game where you attempt to approve sin by pointing to the sin of others...Lance has never suggested hurting anyone in the name of God! But he is right to uphold the standards of God!

You are here to just argue and not listen.

Yes it has. If we believe that we are righteous and sinless we will be quick to cast the first stone. That's the real problem here.
No the problem here is you do not understand the judgment that God has made against all men in the flesh and the power of Gods Spirit to bring the believer into the right and ability to judge the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back