Should I Stop Doing This Activity?

I barely do anything, lol. But one of the things that I do is surf on a website called Quora, which is a question and answer site. I answer questions and ask questions mostly on Christianity. Whenever I answer a question. there is at least ONE atheist who comes in and says something like "any evidence for that claim?" and when I give them some evidence, they just say that it's not evidence. I personally think that atheists are just mindless bullies, working for Satan. Should I keep using Quora, or should I stop? These atheists really make it hard to work for God on Quora.

How about just hang out here? Sometimes God wants you to stay with other believers. Not all of us are called to be evangelists.

Reactions: Juk
? I dont think so..theres scripture for that somewhere that God calls some to be evangelists, some pastors, some teachers...so obviously theres different roles for each of us.

Think its in Ephesians.

? I dont think so..theres scripture for that somewhere that God calls some to be evangelists, some pastors, some teachers...so obviously theres different roles for each of us.

Think its in Ephesians.
I was just making a connection. I know that not all of us are supposed to be evangelists.

Well, im not familiar with that website sorry but I agree with you atheists can be bullies. They just want to pick a fight and want attention cos obviously God is ignoring them cos they full of pride.
Maybe just show them Jesus love.

Whether or not you continue to use quora is between you and God. However, wherever you are in a ministry, you will have to deal with atheist are are very rude, and straightforward with an opinion.
However, do not get discouraged, they are just lost. We are no better than them, and it wouldn't take much for us to be in the same pair of shoes. Also, nobody that I have ever met started their testimony with "Well I lost a debate on evolution with a christian, now I know God" Stating facts and statements about God just pushes people away more, nobody wants to lose an argument. Instead of a debate, just tell them of, and show them God's love. They need to know that they have sinned, and without God they are lost, but a debate of facts and sciences have little opportunity to share the gospel.
I know that for me personally, sometimes I would get so wrapped up on "winning" the debate, that I would forget about the gospel.

Whether or not you continue to use quora is between you and God. However, wherever you are in a ministry, you will have to deal with atheist are are very rude, and straightforward with an opinion.
However, do not get discouraged, they are just lost. We are no better than them, and it wouldn't take much for us to be in the same pair of shoes. Also, nobody that I have ever met started their testimony with "Well I lost a debate on evolution with a christian, now I know God" Stating facts and statements about God just pushes people away more, nobody wants to lose an argument. Instead of a debate, just tell them of, and show them God's love. They need to know that they have sinned, and without God they are lost, but a debate of facts and sciences have little opportunity to share the gospel.
I know that for me personally, sometimes I would get so wrapped up on "winning" the debate, that I would forget about the gospel.
How would I show them God's love? Sorry, I have not been baptized with the Holy Spirit yet and I'm not really sure.

How would I show them God's love? Sorry, I have not been baptized with the Holy Spirit yet and I'm not really sure.

Thats a valid question, assuming you are saved yourself, showing God's love is a very simple, yet deliberate thing. Approach people how Jesus approached people. He did not attack people and called them sinners outright and in a self righteous manner. He allowed them to see the sin themselves, and by their own accord, realized their wrongs, and repented. Debates and saying "you're wrong" over the internet is what atheists want. They want an argument the same way the pharisees wanted an argument from Jesus. As soon as you give them that argument, they have already won in their minds.

For me, the biggest thing was realizing that I am no better than the lost man. In the flesh, I am a terrible, wretched mad, and without God, I would be the same as the worst of the world.

On a side note, baptism does not give you the holy spirit. It is just a symbolic representation of the death, burial and Resurrection. If you are saved, you have the holy spirit within you, but you must feed your spirit with the word of God, and you must first know God before you can spread God's love.

Thats a valid question, assuming you are saved yourself, showing God's love is a very simple, yet deliberate thing. Approach people how Jesus approached people. He did not attack people and called them sinners outright and in a self righteous manner. He allowed them to see the sin themselves, and by their own accord, realized their wrongs, and repented. Debates and saying "you're wrong" over the internet is what atheists want. They want an argument the same way the pharisees wanted an argument from Jesus. As soon as you give them that argument, they have already won in their minds.

For me, the biggest thing was realizing that I am no better than the lost man. In the flesh, I am a terrible, wretched mad, and without God, I would be the same as the worst of the world.

On a side note, baptism does not give you the holy spirit. It is just a symbolic representation of the death, burial and Resurrection. If you are saved, you have the holy spirit within you, but you must feed your spirit with the word of God, and you must first know God before you can spread God's love.
Thank you :) As a preteen, I do not argue with my friends/classmates about God, because they do not care at this point, in my opinion. I stopped arguing with atheists a while ago, with the reasoning that they will not understand what I am saying because they are not willing to. I consider them annoying bullies. Maybe that's how Jesus felt about the pharisees. Or maybe he just thought they were lost, influenced by Satan, maybe. I dunno. But anyway, how do I pray in the Spirit without baptism?

"If you are saved, you have the holy spirit within you, but you must feed your spirit with the word of God, and you must first know God before you can spread God's love." by KLUB If you are... that's pretty vague. Personal opinions on salvation count for nothing. Obedience to the Word of God is everything.
How will you know if you are saved, Juk? That's why it is so important to read your New Testament. The answer is in there, not with TV pastors and the like.

Mark 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Luk 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.* black & white, no 50 shades of grey here!
Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission[forgiveness] of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.- ye is plural form of you: everybody, you all, etc.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF SALVATION - one gospel, one faith, one way that is pleasing and acceptable to Jesus,
Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Juk, when you read the New Testament you will see it is all about the Spirit-filled church and people becoming saved by water baptism and baptism in the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking (praying) in tongues [praying in the Spirit].
God is not the author of confusion. People do that themselves through their unbelief and disobedience to the Word. It is why there are at least 5,000 "christian" denominations - when originally there was only one!
1Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
1Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Juk, pray to Jesus to lead you personally to the truth, ask Jesus bring you to salvation. Don't just rely on other people and their opinions.
There has to be only one way, one standard - otherwise how can Jesus judge people against his Word. The rules have to consistent and known, in order for people to know if they are obeying them or not.

"If you are saved, you have the holy spirit within you, but you must feed your spirit with the word of God, and you must first know God before you can spread God's love." by KLUB If you are... that's pretty vague. Personal opinions on salvation count for nothing. Obedience to the Word of God is everything.
How will you know if you are saved, Juk? That's why it is so important to read your New Testament. The answer is in there, not with TV pastors and the like.

Mark 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.
Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
Luk 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:
Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Acts 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.* black & white, no 50 shades of grey here!
Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission[forgiveness] of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.- ye is plural form of you: everybody, you all, etc.
Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF SALVATION - one gospel, one faith, one way that is pleasing and acceptable to Jesus,
Acts 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Juk, when you read the New Testament you will see it is all about the Spirit-filled church and people becoming saved by water baptism and baptism in the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of speaking (praying) in tongues [praying in the Spirit].
God is not the author of confusion. People do that themselves through their unbelief and disobedience to the Word. It is why there are at least 5,000 "christian" denominations - when originally there was only one!
1Corinthians 14:21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, saith the Lord.
1Corinthians 14:22 Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Juk, pray to Jesus to lead you personally to the truth, ask Jesus bring you to salvation. Don't just rely on other people and their opinions.
There has to be only one way, one standard - otherwise how can Jesus judge people against his Word. The rules have to consistent and known, in order for people to know if they are obeying them or not.
I want to get baptized the next time my church does them, in the fall, I think. By then, I would be 13.

But anyway, how do I pray in the Spirit without baptism?
It is a matter of seeking. You pray in English. You pray with the understanding. You start asking Jesus for His truth, and to lead you to the true gospel. Jesus is still the author of our faith. He is truth. He will give you the Spirit of Truth (the Holy Ghost/Spirit - the Comforter).
I was filled with the Holy Spirit when I was 11 years old back in 1966. (Yes I'm an oldie) I was sitting in the loungeroom reading comics. Everybody else were outside in the backyard playing a ball game and carrying on. Suddenly, without warning I started talking in a language that I knew not and didn't make sense to me. I must have done this for 15 minutes. I was puzzled about it. But 30 years later (and I'm pretty sure to the day and month) I spoke in tongues (speaking out in an unknown langue that is of God and the angels). You don't think they speak Latin or Greek in Heaven, do you? It was the same experience as back in 1966.
Many young people receive the Holy Spirit first, and then get water baptized afterwards. The two should always go together.

Go back to my previous post, and read those scriptures slowly and carefully. Find, them in your own Bible. Ask Jesus this is what I want. It is a gift given to those who seek. Relax you can't force it or demand it. Just desire because you read of it in the Scriptures, and that's what you want.

Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:
Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:
(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) How did the Apostles know that even though people were water baptized that they had not as yet received the Holy Spirit??
Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost. Acts 8:14-17 How did they know with certainty that these had now received the Holy Ghost?? refer to Acts 10:45-46

This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly. Acts 18:25-26

He [Paul] said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
And all the men were about twelve. Acts 19:2-7

You are on the right track, Juk - persist in prayer and Bible reading. Trust in the Lord unto salvation. Why put it directly to Jesus, himself??
Enter ye in at the strait [narrow] gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matthew 7:13-14

God sets us tests; perhaps the atheist on the site has been sent to test your faith.
Allow your questions and answers on that site flow with the love of Christ.

Who told you you were not baptized with the Holy Spirit yet?
From my understanding of being baptized with the Holy Spirit, I thought by myself that I wasn't baptized with the Holy Spirit. Thing is, I don't really understand the concept too much. :ROFLMAO:

That is the problem of being surrounded by lots of good intentioned christians who love their particular denomination more than they love the Word of God and the need to read, believe and act on it - sumission and obedience. "Obedience is better than sacrifice."
Juk, go back through my postings to you and you will see that I always quote the scriptures. The Bible teaches us what is true. And the other thing I do is encourage you to pray to Jesus. Both sources are far more reliable than opinions by unbelievers.
Read your New Testament and keep an open mind to what is written in the Holy Scriptures. There are dozens and dozens of verses on the Holy Spirit.
Read the verses I quoted. It is not rocket science. They say what they mean. They mean what they say.
You don't have to understand it intellectually with your mind, it is a desire in your heart for what you read to be true in the Scriptures.

As for those who are not believers of the Word of God - remember this parable:
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Matthew 13:24-30
TARE : 1. A weed that grows among corn.
Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Matthew 13:36-43

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:17
Read and believe, Juk, it is as simple as that.

That is the problem of being surrounded by lots of good intentioned christians who love their particular denomination more than they love the Word of God and the need to read, believe and act on it - sumission and obedience. "Obedience is better than sacrifice."
Juk, go back through my postings to you and you will see that I always quote the scriptures. The Bible teaches us what is true. And the other thing I do is encourage you to pray to Jesus. Both sources are far more reliable than opinions by unbelievers.
Read your New Testament and keep an open mind to what is written in the Holy Scriptures. There are dozens and dozens of verses on the Holy Spirit.
Read the verses I quoted. It is not rocket science. They say what they mean. They mean what they say.
You don't have to understand it intellectually with your mind, it is a desire in your heart for what you read to be true in the Scriptures.

As for those who are not believers of the Word of God - remember this parable:
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Matthew 13:24-30
TARE : 1. A weed that grows among corn.
Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.
Matthew 13:36-43

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost. Romans 14:17
Read and believe, Juk, it is as simple as that.
I know, you have quoted the Scriptures. The thing is that I do not really understand the concept of being baptized with the Holy Ghost. What is it, exactly? What happens during it? What happens after it (I got that one, I think)? o_O

OK back in 1996 I was leaving a local shopping centre named Parabanks and I went into the main road out front. This had been converted into a single lane one way thoroughfare for vehicles and a walking mall on either side. so this made it a popular street witnessing site for the local Pentecost Church called the Adelaide Revival Fellowship. [South Australia]
At the time I was Roman Catholic and was attending St. Augustine's nearby. I was 41 years old and I was repentant about my life, and how I had allowed it to become such a mess through my weaknesses to alcohol, drugs both smoking and injecting, and being immoral and into fornication lots.
Repentance is a good place to start...
They had testimonies to people's lives being converted and healed by the power of God; by being baptized by full immersion and in the receiving or being baptized in the Holy Ghost. There was one particular testimony that caught my attention. It was by a woman, named Vicki, who had been healed from her former hippy alternative lifestyle and addictions. She had been instantly healed of Hepatitis C (needle sharing). Other testimonies were along the same theme. Dramatic changes for the better; being born again; healed; set free; answered prayer; miracles, and more.
Being a "good" Catholic I was still a bit skeptical by this; as this is way outside mainstream Catholic teaching and doctrine. So I asked the bloke, Bob, who came over to talk to me; "Are these stories true?" Bob replied yes, and because they are true you can have the same experience yourself.
He opened his very well read and highlighted King James Bible and read out Scriptures on the Holy Spirit. Much like I have shared with you, Juk.
After much opposition from the enemy [Satan & Co.] I finally came to my first meeting on a Wednesday night. It was in an ordinary hall building.
After the meeting Bob came over to me and asked, "Well are you going to get baptized tonight, Nick?"
Instantly Jesus quoted the scriptures to me in my mind - if I would deny Him before men, then he would deny me before his father and the angels... remember how I told you that I had received the Holy Spirit way back in 1966. Jesus had been waiting 30 years for me to be there that night.
So I chose life, and I went under the waters of baptism in a oversized bathtub that is filled up at each meeting for this.
The my life was torn in two directions; I kept going to St. Augustine's out of loyalty to my past, but TRF on Sunday afternoons. Satan kept me busy and brought many temptations to my door, like free drugs and sexy women. But, I persisted and kept going to The Revival Fellowship.
On the 1st day of December 1996 after the communion meeting had finished, I went out to the prayer room to seek for the Holy Spirit. This consisted of me gaining more confidence in my desire to receive and be born again through being with Saints (the Spirit-filled) and reading more for myself.
I was encouraged to praise God, and say Hallelujahs in order to loosen my tongue and to be saying something as opposed to sitting in silence. Others would lay their hands on me and pray over me in tongues.
Anyway, on that very day my tongue changed and again, after 30 years of hibernation, I burst out speaking in tongues (you'll know it when you do it, cause it ain't English). Instantly I knew for myself in my heart and mind that Jesus is God, that he is my Saviour, that the Bible his Word is true. That my faith in the gospel and what the saints had preached to me is true. I spoke in tongues just as Jesus himself said that true believers would - "and these signs shall follow them that believe... in my name... they shall speak in new tongues." Mark 16:15-18
That very day I was instantly healed from 2o+ years of smoking, and alcohol drinking, and marijuana toking, and fornication. The Lord did this for me in an instant. Over time within a year he healed my lungs, healed my kidneys, healed my mind, my lifestyle. So many miracles and healings by the Spirit, by Jesus.

For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power. 1Corinthians 4:20
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2Timothy 3:1 For men shall be lovers of their own selves... false accusers...
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2Timothy 3:5

Back