Simple Thoughts On Promises

Simple Thoughts On Promises

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 1

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. (Genesis 28:15)

Promised by God to Jacob and fulfilled by God. God is faithful and will fulfill that which he has promised you even though it may take some time.

Very true.

God is truth, the only real truth, so HIS word will never fail..
I was reminded about a lesson in waiting on God's promises when our bible stuby was discussing Abraham and Sarah, how long they waited for the son the LORD promises would come to pass. We must learn to wait on HIM, through HIS time, and try to remember, our timing means nothing..

Praise GOD for promises and LOVE!

25 years for a promised child seems so long doesn't it, New2christ? Yet, through faith and patience Ab. & Sa. saw the promise being fulfilled.

An old friend always said "God said it, I believe it, that settles it".:D

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

God's Promise

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:38-39

Godbe4me

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 2

If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you. (Exodus 15:26)

This promise was given to the Israelites after God had made the bitter waters sweet at Marah. Obedience to God and his Word is always an important factor as far as healing and health are concerned.

25 years for a promised child seems so long doesn't it, New2christ? Yet, through faith and patience Ab. & Sa. saw the promise being fulfilled.

Yes it does:). But the LORD is all knowing and HIS timing is always the right timing.If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you. (Exodus 15:26)

This promise was given to the Israelites after God had made the bitter waters sweet at Marah. Obedience to God and his Word is always an important factor as far as healing and health are concerned.

Thank GOD for HIS love to us, that just by believing in our hearts HE will heal us and protect us! What a wonderful physician we have!

An old friend always said "God said it, I believe it, that settles it".

Bo, hehe, My preacher says that exact thing, said he want's it for a bumper sticker on his truck:)

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 3

Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you. (Exodus 23:25)

What a great promise to Moses and the Israelites when they were in the wilderness. May the Lord bless our food and water too and let him take away our sicknesses and heal us by his stripes.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 4

My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. (Exodus 33:14)

A wonderful promise given by God to Moses while he was leading the Israelites in the wilderness. This promise really brought peace and rest to Moses who was often stressed by the erratic behavior of the Israelites. May the Lord's presence go with you and your family and give you rest always.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 5

I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. (Exodus 33:19)

This was the promise given to Moses when he wanted to see the Lord's glory. Remember, we serve a merciful and compassionate God and he is able to guide us and lead us all through our earthly lives, right until the time we join him in eternity. He is faithful to those who have put their trust in him.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 6

Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. (Deuteronomy 5:33)

God always has a desire to bless those who are willing to submit to him and he exhorts us do that through his Holy Spirit as we meditate on his Word day by day.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 7

If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the Lord your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your forefathers. (Deuteronomy 7:12)

We are no longer asked to keep the laws given through Moses but God expects us to pay attention to his Word and live as the Spirit of Truth leads us. How honored we are because God has established his covenant of love with us because of what Jesus did on the cross for us and our believing in his perfect sacrifice.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 8

He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land, your grain, new wine and oil, the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land that he swore to your forefathers to give you. (Deuteronomy 7:13)

How wonderful it is to know that the Lord God who created the world and all that is there in it, desired to love his people whom he called out of Egyptian bondage and wanted to bless them in every way possible. He hasn't changed and his love is still the same for them who have put their trust in Jesus.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 9

For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory. (Deuteronomy 20:4)

In your battle against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms, you are not alone. The Lord is with you to fight against the evil forces of darkness and will give you victory. Trust in him.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 10

All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock--the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out. (Deuteronomy 28:2-6)

Deuteronomy 28 is a chapter which details the blessings and curses that would come upon the Israelites depending on their obedience to God. Wonder why they chose to disobey more than to obey the Lord? They had a choice and most of them opted for the bad, well knowing that it would spell disaster.

I've heard that saying before as well... I always loved it... It's the truth!!

An old friend always said "God said it, I believe it, that settles it".:D

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 11

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, `Destroy him!' (Deuteronomy 33:27)

Eternal & Everlasting, Mighty God, A perfect refuge you are! How wonderful to know that your arms carry all who trust in you. Your faithfulness endures through all generations.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 12

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. (Joshua 1:8)

Promise given to Joshua by God Almighty and fulfilled. The only time that Joshua failed was when he overlooked sin in the Israelite camp during the conquest of Ai. Of course he fell prey to the Gibeonite deception too. Otherwise God gave him victory over every situation that he encountered, be it the crossing of the Jordan or the conquest of Jericho or the battle with the kings. Meditating on God's Word and living for him always brings blessings.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 13

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

People of God are called to humble themselves and turn from their wicked ways for healing to come to their land where scores of unbelievers live. Humbling ourselves, praying and seeking God's face and turning from our wicked ways are all vital for God to work out his plans in the places that we live.

Simple Thoughts On Promises- 14

But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded." (2 Chronicles 15:7)

Promise given to king Asa during a time of great unrest and turmoil in Israel. When Asa heard this prophecy of Azariah he took courage. Be strengthened this day! Whatever you are doing for the Lord will also be rewarded in due time.

Back