Sinning, over and over again

Amen! Repentance means changing the way you think about the sin and to turn away from the sin and turn back to God. This can be done over and over again and be sincere.
Exactly and it does not matter if you have to ask forgiveness 100 times in the same day as long as you ask and keep trying to over come it. It comes back to the heart and motives again.
Some things take longer for some then others but ALL of us can over come a sin.
Blessings

It is as simple as this!... Mark 1:15, "...repent and believe in the gospel."

In other words: "Change the way you are thinking now, turn away from that thinking and turn towards a new way of thinking...to believing in the gospel."

Realize though that this is not a "work" you can do in your own strength and ability.

God forgives if we repent.
Just died for our sins; our forgiveness is endless.
In your prayers don't forget to thank Jesus for dieing for our sins

It is as simple as this!... Mark 1:15, "...repent and believe in the gospel."

In other words: "Change the way you are thinking now, turn away from that thinking and turn towards a new way of thinking...to believing in the gospel."

Realize though that this is not a "work" you can do in your own strength and ability.

Kind of goes like this too !!
Galatians 5:16 and Romans 12:2 and 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 for starters
You start with this.........
Romans 12:2 ....
And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

SO you CAN LIVE LIKE THIS
Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

But you NEED TO DO THIS AS WELL
2 Corinthians 10:4-5
4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds
5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

This is how I keep my oil full and my wick trimmed and my flame bright
All done through the Grace of God who maketh all grace abound to me.
Blessings and love in Christ ( 2 Corinthians 9:8 )
JIM

If Jesus walked into the room where one is being tempted to sin as a thousand times before, one would cease immediately and forever. Some people simply need a revelation of Jesus and who He really is and what He did for us...and that He is right there in the room with us.

Brother you need to chill out here and explain what is it that you want to say.
Why is it about us when said that we still need to ask ?
Sorry, I just don't want Juk to think God doesn't love us if we don't repent and confess sin (again and again that is) . God knows how we feel about sin, he doesn't always need lip service.

Sorry, I just don't want Juk to think God doesn't love us if we don't repent and confess sin (again and again that is) . God knows how we feel about sin, he doesn't always need lip service.

I understand where you are coming from, but "lip service"? No, He wants us to turn away from sin, abandon it, leave it behind, and to allow Him to lead us out of habits that do not bring honour to Jesus Christ in our lives.

I understand where you are coming from, but "lip service"? No, He wants us to turn away from sin, abandon it, leave it behind, and to allow Him to lead us out of habits that do not bring honour to Jesus Christ in our lives.

Yes! Confession is how we impress upon ourselves that we need to change.

There are two wrong reactions to sin, and the enemy will use wither (and both) to attack.

One is to think that we are undeserving of any forgiveness, that we will never measure up. We might respond by repetitively confessing the same instance over and over again, not believing or accepting our Lord's forgiveness. Or we might just give up, again missing out on forgiveness.

The other wrong reaction is the 'sin more so that grace may abound' reaction that Paul writes against. It does matter. By confessing our sin, we are forced to confront it as sin, and that it is our nature that is the source. Only then will we be able to receive the guidance and strength to overcome.

Once that sin has truly been confronted and recognized as sin, and confessed to God, it is time to put it behind and not obsess over it. It may be something that we are not strong enough in the Lord to overcome, but Christ paid the penalty for all our sins, and that payment for our sins past, present and future was made in the name of Christ at the moment we accepted Christ's sacrifice.

God is so merciful he keeps forgiving us, no matter how many times we failed Him, He is that kind of God, as long as you repent with all your heart, He will forgive us but it doesn't mean we will keep doing sin, but just so you know,,.im also a sinner like you...like everybody else here.

I know that. I said God's love is eternal and Fish Catcher Jim just jumped and said "BUT YOU STILL NEED TO CONFESS YOUR SIN AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS" as if to make his love conditional. I think we all understand confession and forgiveness by now, what Juk needs to understand is that he is forgiven already.

I know that. I said God's love is eternal and Fish Catcher Jim just jumped and said "BUT YOU STILL NEED TO CONFESS YOUR SIN AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS" as if to make his love conditional. I think we all understand confession and forgiveness by now, what Juk needs to understand is that he is forgiven already.

For sure.
I guess when I saw, "...he doesn't always need lip service," I felt it was saying that God did need lip service at some point, which I am sure you know He doesn't want that at any point.

Blessings!

Last edited:

What is your deal Cosmicwaffle ?
If unforgiven sin can work against us and slow down our results in prayer and so forth then it would be important to confess those sins. Telling people we are already forgiven and thats that is a foolish thing.

You might want to do your home work. Feelings do not matter for it is what you do that matters. So what you believe that God just forgives us and we never have to confess our sins ?

You might want to do your home work. Feelings do not matter for it is what you do that matters. So what you believe that God just forgives us and we never have to confess our sins ?
Sure we confess our sins, but not to earn forgiveness. Confession and repentance are used to align ourselves with the truth.

Sure we confess our sins, but not to earn forgiveness. Confession and repentance are used to align ourselves with the truth.
Why bring in the word earn for ? Sins that go un-confesed are sins that allow the enemy the devil to steal , kill and destroy. I am not talking about things that you do not know about but if we are aware of any sin then we must be faithful in cofessing our sin and He is true and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness but notice you still have to ask for forgivness.

Why bring in the word earn for ? Sins that go un-confesed are sins that allow the enemy the devil to steal , kill and destroy. I am not talking about things that you do not know about but if we are aware of any sin then we must be faithful in cofessing our sin and He is true and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us of all unrighteousness but notice you still have to ask for forgivness.
Juk doesn't need to confess, he already knows what he is doing is sin, and I am sure he has confessed plenty of times before. What he needs is to know he is forgiven, as I have said before.

Is there forgiveness for someone who does the same sin over and over again, but repents sincerely every time?

Juk we will battle with the flesh until we die. Paul makes that clear in Rom 7:15.

But, we must grasp a very important fact. Paul used to murder Christians. He was NOT talking about this sin in Rom 7:15. Meditate on that for a while. It points to there being mortal and venial sins. Some sins show a greater level of rebellion to God then others. To be 100% free of sin is impossible for any of us. But to hate sin and judge / discern the levels of hatred for God / love for sin is within our grasp. This is what I believe Paul is alluding to in 1 Cor 11:31.

Daily, get on your knees and judge yourself in fear and trembling before God Phil 2:12. Ask yourself why you still battling with X and Y. Judge the level of evil intent behind these deeds. God will forgive us for all our sins if we sincerely repent. I just want to add to what others have said in that you / we all need to be extra mindful of falling into a state where we are unaware of evil intent. There comes a point when we actually love the sin we do / are oblivious to its evil. We go through the motions of repentance. But God is not fooled. Hate sin and repent sincerely / judge your intentions for said deeds, harshly!

Example: A murderer can steal, swear and lie with ease. The first thing he needs to address is murder. He needs a couple sessions of repentance and a few weeks of fasting. A thief cannot just murder, but can perhaps lie with ease. A liar cannot just steal or murder, but can perhaps swear with ease. You and I as Christians should only be battling with venial sins. Many could simply be from habit, bad company or just the constant overwhelming bombardment of sin in media.

Then remember also that we need to not only be mindful of actual sins done by us but also of approving of those who do these sins.

Reactions: Juk
KingJ, what do you mean, "He needs a couple sessions of repentance and a few weeks of fasting."?
Do you ever trust a mortal sinner who only says 'sorry'. Do we trust our repentance if after a mortal sin all we say is ''oops sorry Lord''?

Back