So I Read The Gospels Today

It basically says that jesus came down from heaven to save us from sin. Without him, we cannot go to heaven. and the only way to heaven is him. There is no accounts of other sub gods, and no account of other gods so we can confirm that there is no other sub gods or other gods. I always have been nice to people and been helpful for others but because I don't accept jesus as my saviour, I will be doomed to hell for eternity. that is okay with me. As long as I live a life in here helping other people, and being moral.

It basically says that jesus came down from heaven to save us from sin. Without him, we cannot go to heaven. and the only way to heaven is him. There is no accounts of other sub gods, and no account of other gods so we can confirm that there is no other sub gods or other gods. I always have been nice to people and been helpful for others but because I don't accept jesus as my saviour, I will be doomed to hell for eternity. that is okay with me. As long as I live a life in here helping other people, and being moral.

Well okay then, if you are good with being separated from the light for all eternity in the next life I guess we have nothing to talk about. Welcome aboard.

We can all be nice to people.

But do you ever lie to get you want? Ever stolen? Ever been hateful towards another person? Ever lusted after someone who you weren't married to? Ever said God's name in vain? Ever done something really selfish? Do you help the poor? Do you give without payment? Turn the other cheek? Love those who curse you? Do you thank God for all he has given you? Do you acknowledge God as supreme ruler and creator?

Or do you live a life wholly devoted to yourself. Like a black hole you will do whatever you can to make yourself happy. Then when nothing is left, when you are alone with no savior to believe in, you will consume yourself. And you will die, as all people have. With no meaning, no help from the outside. Alone, and lost.

You need Jesus Christ, because we are not gods. We are dumb, and blind. We have created nothing, yet all has been created for us as a blessing. You don't want to accept the identity God wants to give you, so you create one that satisfies your needs. You think being nice is good enough. That God will understand why you dismissed his son who died on the cross for you. Because being nice was good enough.

Are you nice 100%? Noone is. You will never be good enough.

But he was in our place, and took on our punishment.

But do you ever lie to get you want?
I lied in the past but I try my best to not lie about anything.

I am always truthful and try my best not to hurt anyone.

Ever stolen?
yes when I was a kid, but I felt bad afterwards so I stop stealing stuff.

Ever been hateful towards another person?
People who are annoying me, yes, I have been hateful to that person so I just avoid that person for a moment of time or at least when I encounter that particular person, I just smile and be nice since because I'm human. It's bad to show anger. I try my best not to show anger even when the person harm me.

Ever lusted after someone who you weren't married to?
I lusted someone I wasn't married to but that isn't wrong, we all do it. Blame the hormones. As long as we are respecting the other person, (aka, if the person doesn't want me to think dirty of her, I won't ever think that way of her). I would love it if a girl I find attractive think of me in a naked way.

Ever said God's name in vain?
I sometime say, "oh my god, serious?!?!!" when I am shocked but nothing wrong with that.

Ever done something really selfish?
I have done something selfish but I am not that or at least I try my best to be considerate whenever I'm with people. I try to reach out to them and give them joy.

Do you help the poor?
I help the poor. I try to donate money to the red cross so the people that need help can get help and volunteer at a homeless shelter.

Do you give without payment?
Yeah. I always give without payment. It's just wrong if I give help just to expect something back. That would be a scam.

Turn the other cheek? Love those who curse you?
I turn the other cheek to enemies. Yeah, I still love my enemies. It's wrong for me to do something bad to my enemies even if they did bad something to me first. so that is why I never do bad.

Do you thank God for all he has given you? Do you acknowledge God as supreme ruler and creator?
these question are just irrelevant to me. because I think god didn't give me anything nor do I think he is a supreme ruler or created anything. I know according to the bible, god gave me what I am, and stuff, etc, but I just don't believe that and I just believe in a god. I think that god is totally separate of what the version of god of the bible.

Or do you live a life wholly devoted to yourself. like a black hole you will do whatever you can to make yourself happy.
I live my life wholly devoted to making other people happy. I will never be selfish, it is just wrong to be selfish. I only do stuff to help me get my needs to survive. otherwise I will just die and won't be able to help people and make other people happy. If I have extra clothes, or old toys, I always give them to the nearest donation center so someone else can be happy.

Then when nothing is left, when you are alone with no savior to believe in, you will consume yourself. And you will die, as all people have. With no meaning, no help from the outside. Alone, and lost.
If I die when I am always doing my best to help making people happy, so be it. At least I made a change in the world for the better and that what matters to me. even though I will be "alone and lost".

You need Jesus Christ, because we are not gods. We are dumb, and blind. We have created nothing, yet all has been created for us as a blessing.
I know we are not gods, we are just human trying our best to please/help others and that is what is life's purpose is. I don't help people just for the sake of Jesus. I don't have a personal relationship with Jesus. I don't pray or anything.

You don't want to accept the identity God wants to give you, so you create one that satisfies your needs. You think being nice is good enough. That God will understand why you dismissed his son who died on the cross for you. Because being nice was good enough.
If the identity that god want to give me is not respecting gay / lesbian people, and not having premarital sex, I will not want to be that identity. My identity's (life purpose) is what I stated above. It is about reaching out to people and making other people happy while not doing anything wrong.

Are you nice 100%? Noone is.

You will never be good enough.
Even though I will never be good enough to please anyone, I will at least try my best to give other people happy. I know I won't be able to make other people happy but knowing that I tried makes me happy. I hate seeing sad people. I always try my best to cheer up sad people.

This is very irrelevant to me. Punishment or not punishment, my life purpose will stay the same.

I lied in the past but I try my best to not lie about anything.

I am always truthful and try my best not to hurt anyone.

Ever stolen?
yes when I was a kid, but I felt bad afterwards so I stop stealing stuff.

Ever been hateful towards another person?
People who are annoying me, yes, I have been hateful to that person so I just avoid that person for a moment of time or at least when I encounter that particular person, I just smile and be nice since because I'm human. It's bad to show anger. I try my best not to show anger even when the person harm me.

Ever lusted after someone who you weren't married to?
I lusted someone I wasn't married to but that isn't wrong, we all do it. Blame the hormones. As long as we are respecting the other person, (aka, if the person doesn't want me to think dirty of her, I won't ever think that way of her). I would love it if a girl I find attractive think of me in a naked way.

Ever said God's name in vain?
I sometime say, "oh my god, serious?!?!!" when I am shocked but nothing wrong with that.

Ever done something really selfish?
I have done something selfish but I am not that or at least I try my best to be considerate whenever I'm with people. I try to reach out to them and give them joy.

Do you help the poor?
I help the poor. I try to donate money to the red cross so the people that need help can get help and volunteer at a homeless shelter.

Do you give without payment?
Yeah. I always give without payment. It's just wrong if I give help just to expect something back. That would be a scam.

Turn the other cheek? Love those who curse you?
I turn the other cheek to enemies. Yeah, I still love my enemies. It's wrong for me to do something bad to my enemies even if they did bad something to me first. so that is why I never do bad.

Do you thank God for all he has given you? Do you acknowledge God as supreme ruler and creator?
these question are just irrelevant to me. because I think god didn't give me anything nor do I think he is a supreme ruler or created anything. I know according to the bible, god gave me what I am, and stuff, etc, but I just don't believe that and I just believe in a god. I think that god is totally separate of what the version of god of the bible.

Or do you live a life wholly devoted to yourself. like a black hole you will do whatever you can to make yourself happy.
I live my life wholly devoted to making other people happy. I will never be selfish, it is just wrong to be selfish. I only do stuff to help me get my needs to survive. otherwise I will just die and won't be able to help people and make other people happy. If I have extra clothes, or old toys, I always give them to the nearest donation center so someone else can be happy.

Then when nothing is left, when you are alone with no savior to believe in, you will consume yourself. And you will die, as all people have. With no meaning, no help from the outside. Alone, and lost.
If I die when I am always doing my best to help making people happy, so be it. At least I made a change in the world for the better and that what matters to me. even though I will be "alone and lost".

You need Jesus Christ, because we are not gods. We are dumb, and blind. We have created nothing, yet all has been created for us as a blessing.
I know we are not gods, we are just human trying our best to please/help others and that is what is life's purpose is. I don't help people just for the sake of Jesus. I don't have a personal relationship with Jesus. I don't pray or anything.

You don't want to accept the identity God wants to give you, so you create one that satisfies your needs. You think being nice is good enough. That God will understand why you dismissed his son who died on the cross for you. Because being nice was good enough.
If the identity that god want to give me is not respecting gay / lesbian people, and not having premarital sex, I will not want to be that identity. My identity's (life purpose) is what I stated above. It is about reaching out to people and making other people happy while not doing anything wrong.

Are you nice 100%? Noone is.

You will never be good enough.
Even though I will never be good enough to please anyone, I will at least try my best to give other people happy. I know I won't be able to make other people happy but knowing that I tried makes me happy. I hate seeing sad people. I always try my best to cheer up sad people.

This is very irrelevant to me. Punishment or not punishment, my life purpose will stay the same.

You really are almost a Christian-if you would only get yourself out of the way and see the love and the gift that Christ is offering you- today-right now.

yeah, but I will still be going to hell since I don't believe in jesus. but of course, I wouldn't care much what happens to my soul after I die. What matters to me in this life is if I have been helpful to people in this life, and if I am able to make as much people happy in this life, and not do harm to other people. which is why I am okay with going to hell if the bible is true. We have different beliefs on life.

yeah, but I will still be going to hell since I don't believe in jesus. but of course, I wouldn't care much what happens to my soul after I die. What matters to me in this life is if I have been helpful to people in this life, and if I am able to make as much people happy in this life, and not do harm to other people. which is why I am okay with going to hell if the bible is true. We have different beliefs on life.

So what exactly is it about Jesus you reject? If you don't mind answering.

the fact that jesus supposedly heal the blind using mud, the fact that he walked on water, etc. I will never accept anything that is only possible with "divine" help. I just don't find it realistic. I do believe that there is a man name Jesus christ because of the records outside the bible, but not the fact that he is god. and the fact that the god of the OT killed thousands of people, which made me want to not support the holy bible's god at all.

What's unrealistic about our creator performing the supernatural? You said you believe in a god, right? What kind of god did you come up with?

okay, the creator can create the universe but there are always other believable options like the idea of the universe being eternal. We don't know enough about the universe to say that for certain that it had to be created. The universe never had to be created, and can just be eternal. What if there is a god that actually created the universe (via big bang, or something else) but it is not god of the bible? There are so many religions out there. but of course, all this goes against what is said in the bible.

I was refering to aliens as gods. Anything is possible if it is dealt with extraterrestials. We have bacteria that live in extreme conditions that humans can't, like under volcanos, and live in the arctic. If we put a human in a volcano, that human will not be able to live. I highly believe that there are aliens out there. If it is possible for life to start here, it is possible for life to start somewhere else in the universe.

You can ask what ifs all your life. But your faith has to be in something. Either its in an impersonal eternal universe, a personal eternal God, something in the middle, or nothing at all.

Which do you think is more likely? That we are random processes or that we were designed?

MoxyPoxy, that you have posted this thread tells me that there is doubt in your heart, even if only a sliver. You do seem like a genuinely good person with good intentions. I truly believe that if you open your eyes to the world you will see the wonderful works of God, and if you open your heart for Him, He will be waiting! I will pray that God will show you the answers to these provocative questions you have. May God bless you. :)

I don't know about if the universe was created or not created, etc. Big bang is just a theory. It cannot be reproven again by scientific method. I agree it is pointless to ask myself what ifs about how the universe is created, and so forth. Even if I do know how the universe was created by some scientific equation, it won't affect my life's purpose. if we were random processes, or we were designed, it still won't affect my life's purpose. We have clues on how old the earth is by studying the rocks and bacteria. 4.6b years. From what I know from classes, the solar system was created by a nebula and gravity and bit by bit, life slowly arise into being from being single cell organism to human life. I'm taking this into this account because there are lots of microbial bacteria layers and no human fossil along with the microbial layers. and there are fossil records. After an organism die, it will decay and sink more and more under the ground as time passes.

Thanks for confirming that I have no life even though I said my life purpose is. That's all I just wanted to confirm from this website. Even though, I am dead, I am still wanting to help others and not cause chaos. I never want to harm anyone.

Being good is good. Desiring to be good even though you aren't is also good. That is definitely part of drawing close to God as per James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

I want to challenge you to judge yourself harshly. See the scripture teaches that our heart is deceitful Jer 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Then there is Prov 26:23-26 Smooth words may hide a wicked heart, just as a pretty glaze covers a common clay pot. 24 People with hate in their hearts may sound pleasant enough, but don't believe them (don't believe yourself). 25 Though they pretend to be kind, their hearts are full of all kinds of evil. 26 While their hatred may be concealed by trickery, it will finally come to light for all to see.

So you may intend on being good but if you would judge yourself harshly you would find that your good works are not really selfless works and then that your selfless works are not truly selfless. God needs to change our hearts.

The MISTAKE that most make is that they think loving others is the first commandment. IT IS NOT! Loving God is the first commandment. Loving God is hating sin and dealing with it by getting on your knees and repenting of all your sins. If you love God you will open the door to your heart and let Him in Rev 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. God's people are to follow Rom 12:1-2 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Conclusion: Christianity = true selflessness = removing ourselves from the throne of our hearts and giving it to God / Jesus. Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Reactions: Sal
the fact that jesus supposedly heal the blind using mud, the fact that he walked on water, etc.

I wonder why you mention/consider those miracles?

does it mean it will convince you Jesus is of supernatural?

If yes those things matter/will affect what you believe, that is: you will consider Jesus is of supernatural
.... if that is the case, I have a lot to say next…. : )

If those things does not matter/affect how you believe...
.... then why present that topic in the first place if it will not change a bit of what you believe?

I mentioned those miracles because it discourage me to believing in the bible. but I am going to assume it is true. I present this topic in the first place to see where I will be going after I die, and living a moral life. I want to know if I am currently rejecting Jesus, does it mean I am accepting Satan? does that mean Satan wants me to help as much people and make other people happy? even though I'm the one that will be going to be punished? I feel my life purpose is to help as much people and make as many people happy. I want to know where would jesus place me after I die.

Well Satan wants you to not believe the bible and that Jesus was the Son of God, so he's got you there.

If you want to know where Jesus will put you after you die, then the question is did you have faith in him or not? Did you believe in what he did, or not? If you did, you would have been given the Holy Spirit to live a new life, and Jesus' blood would have covered your sins. But if you did not, then you would be judged according to every thought and action of your entire life, and if something was out of place, you would be sent to the lake of fire.

God works in absolutes. You have to be absolutely good to enter his kingdom, which is filled with absolute joy. If you are not absolutely good, then to him you are absolutely wicked. There is no I'm kindof good, or kindof evil. You are one or the other.

So MoxyPoxy, are you good?

Since satan doesn't want me to believe the bible (believe in the bible but only as historical events, not anything related to divine and anything divine in there, I don't believe), and not have a relationship with god (which I don't because I will be infinitely happier living by my moral code), does it mean that satan wants me to help others and make others happy? I feel my life purpose is to help people as much as possible and make other happys. and I will stand by this. I am not trying to put words inside your mouth. I can be wrong by the intrepretation.

Last edited:
Back