Something to think about???

In a nutshell, do good stuff to other people. It will make you feel better.

Actually doing good stuff to (or for) others teaches us to consider others before ourselves.

The more one learns about this of practice the clearer one can hear the Lord's leading in service to Him by service to others.

So it's not so much to feel better as it is to become less concerned with self.

In an ideal world, yes, service to others should be about being less concerned with self. But we don't live in an ideal world.

If someone is feeling sad and lonely, then doing something for others, no matter what that may be, will make you feel better. You will feel helpful and useful. And, who knows, make new friends along the way.

We are all living in a world of uncertainty at the moment. Many people are alone and afraid. A good step towards good mental health is to help others if you can. Yes it will make you feel better, because you are focussing less on yourself, by focussing on the needs of others.

Whichever way you look at it, this is a win win situation.

And I'm pretty sure that Jesus wanted everyone to be happier.

I find this interesting,,,,,I think doubt and fear come from doubting what you're capable of...when you help others you can find yourself discovering what you are capable of in your helpfulness to others...

so I think doing what's best for yourself, and doing what's best for others can go together well...as you say...a win win situation

thank you for this post

gosh I love that Isaiah verse!!!

I find this interesting,,,,,I think doubt and fear come from doubting what you're capable of...when you help others you can find yourself discovering what you are capable of in your helpfulness to others...

so I think doing what's best for yourself, and doing what's best for others can go together well...as you say...a win win situation

thank you for this post

gosh I love that Isaiah verse!!!

.a win win situation...........sounds like the Winn Dixie TV commercial!

Back