Speak Your Mind 2

Ok, let's keep topics out of this that don't belong. ok?

Now, I have something I'd like to share that has deep, doctrinal implications for those who like to get objectors to answer their own dilemmas:

Tony Perkins once had an experience where he was in the dentist chair with the doctor's fingers, drill and other instruments in Tony's mouth. The doctor knew who Perkins is and what he does for a living. Taking that opportunity when Tony couldn't respond so quickly, the doctor stated that he didn't believe in God, mainly because of how many people in the world are suffering and dying, and wondered how any loving God could allow so much suffering and death in the world.

After a while, the doctor removed the drill and other materials and tools from Tony's mouth. After adjusting his jaw and spitting out all the goo, Tony looked at the doctor sand said, "I don't believe in dentists."

The doctor was flabbergasted and beside himself in total confusion, and asked what Perkins meant by that.

Tony went on to explain that given that there are so many people in the world with broken, rotted and missing teeth, he simply couldn't believe in dentists.

The doctor rolled his eyes to the ceiling, lifted his arms in an expression of further exasperation and confusion, and said, "If those people would simply come in to us and let us help them, then they wouldn't have to live with all those broken, rooted and missing teeth...

Get the picture?

MM

How many of you have eaten a good meal today...of God's word?

Don't answer. No need to puff up on this, but we check our tires, the engine oil, the coolant, we feed our stomachs, feed our kids, take a shower when we smell, feed the dog and cat, run to the store when we want or need something, but our spiritual diet is the most overlooked and yet most critical of all our needs.

Why?

Mainly because it doesn't bark, meow, smell bad, have a dash light that goes on to warn of impending damage to the engine, go thump, thump, thump while driving down the road, give us pangs in our mid-section...

No. It sits in the background, waiting patiently for fulfillment. if we are being tempted by sin of any type, THAT is when we need to feed on the word of God.

When we have some free time to play games on the computer, THAT is when we should feed on the word of God.

When we get back home, angry at other drivers who cut us off on the way, THAT is when we should feed on the word of God.

What we need the most...is the most neglected for so many of us.

At our home fellowship last night, someone mentioned how the Bible is the the one Book that remains the best seller ever in the history of this world.

What did I say about that?

I shared that it's the least read for it being the highest seller of all time.

So many have been bought for family and friends as gifts, and were set aside as if they required batteries to operate, and were too much trouble and expense to use.

It remains the highest seller of all time, and yet remains the one book that has collected more dust than any other title book ever printed.

Read your Bible today, and bow in thanksgiving to the Lord that we have that freedom. Remember to set aside some time with the Lord. Share something good from the Bible with your family, with friends, with neighbors. Leave a tract in a public bathroom after praying for the Lord's anointing upon it to reach a life in need.

For many of you, this is "In season." Get it?

Thank the Lord for this, not me.

MM

Our conduct and words are so often an expression of where we spend time. Thanks for the reminder of the bountiful feast that God provides at his table and the other wonderful ways he shows us hospitality. Who among our friends can you go to at any time of the day? Who else can be disturbed while in the middle of important meetings and tasks at a moments notice?

We have access at any moment to the very throne room of God and yet how often do we try to close that door and walk away starving when we could feast and enjoy bring any and all petitions to the Great Creator and Source of all that is good.

I have neglected these things more times than I care to count, but God has softened over time the hardheadedness and the stone that was my heart. Thanks again for the reminder of that awesome buffet that waits at all times and is always replenished with something new.

CP, the seat of my spiritual britches are dirty...not from sitting on an old, filthy tire I just took off the trailer of life.

No.

They're dirty from men of God having to kick me there as a loving rebuke for my negligence toward the word of God these past couple weeks. John Barnett kicked me this morning, which prompted me to get back to that banquet and partake in fellowship with the Lord of the banquet. Letting life get in the way of what's most important...well, I have no excuses.

To the Lord be all the glory to reaching us when we need it.

MM

Yes, I thank God as well for those friends that take the time to rebuke when it is so sorely needed. God in his love has a wonderful way of helping us when we stumble and fall. I'm glad that God doesn't keep track of how many times that might be.

For me, God regularly reminds me of the need to forgive others. How often I have even watched TV in the past and been filled with hate for someone (a created character) watching a made up scene and thinking that is unforgiveable, yet how is this different from real life? How often I have thought of politicians or criminals and thought that what has been done is so evil and deserves judgment, yes it does, but righteous judgment from a God that knows all of the facts and knows the full potential of all of the individuals.

I think, if I was around at the time of Paul, would I have judged him for all of the persecution and hate-filled acts committed against Christians? Would I have forgiven him and taken in his words later when God brought Paul to his knees and made him a shining light to lead so many Christians to God?

How often have I sat as judge and jury, when I had so few facts. Yet God with full understanding makes us aware sometimes of how foolish our superficial judgments are. Thank God I can get up and move on as God forgives me and shows me the need to forgive, trust and love others. What a great God.

Scientists have recently discovered that there's more water under the surface of the earth than there is on its surface. Much of it is held under tremendous pressures at thousands of degrees, and could therefore burst forth as jets of super-heated steam and boiling water...hint, hint.

In other words, an ELE (Extinction Level Event) could still happen again, and without the need for some meteor of comet striking the earth, and yet the Lord holds back those reservoirs of water and steam, based on His promise.

Media and so-called scientists have people today shaking in their boots over the thought of the earth being struck by a massive chunk of rock and/or ice from space. Well, yes, that likely will happen according to Revelation, but not until the Lord says so.

HAH. We're living right above what was once used to wipe out almost all the human race in Noah's day, and so few of us ever give that much thought, do we?

MM

Scientists have recently discovered that there's more water under the surface of the earth than there is on its surface. Much of it is held under tremendous pressures at thousands of degrees, and could therefore burst forth as jets of super-heated steam and boiling water...hint, hint.

In other words, an ELE (Extinction Level Event) could still happen again, and without the need for some meteor of comet striking the earth, and yet the Lord holds back those reservoirs of water and steam, based on His promise.

Media and so-called scientists have people today shaking in their boots over the thought of the earth being struck by a massive chunk of rock and/or ice from space. Well, yes, that likely will happen according to Revelation, but not until the Lord says so.

HAH. We're living right above what was once used to wipe out almost all the human race in Noah's day, and so few of us ever give that much thought, do we?

MM
Instead of water it will be by fire...

Genesis 9:11 (KJV) And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

2 Peter 3:6-7, 10 (KJV) Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
10. But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

I'm so glad that God's truths are not governed by the world. Remember that song that has one line of lyric in it that says, "You've got to go to Hell before you...get to Heaven..." I think the main lyric was about "Jet Airliner." What trash!

MM

Yes, I thank God as well for those friends that take the time to rebuke when it is so sorely needed. God in his love has a wonderful way of helping us when we stumble and fall. I'm glad that God doesn't keep track of how many times that might be.

For me, God regularly reminds me of the need to forgive others. How often I have even watched TV in the past and been filled with hate for someone (a created character) watching a made up scene and thinking that is unforgiveable, yet how is this different from real life? How often I have thought of politicians or criminals and thought that what has been done is so evil and deserves judgment, yes it does, but righteous judgment from a God that knows all of the facts and knows the full potential of all of the individuals.

I think, if I was around at the time of Paul, would I have judged him for all of the persecution and hate-filled acts committed against Christians? Would I have forgiven him and taken in his words later when God brought Paul to his knees and made him a shining light to lead so many Christians to God?

How often have I sat as judge and jury, when I had so few facts. Yet God with full understanding makes us aware sometimes of how foolish our superficial judgments are. Thank God I can get up and move on as God forgives me and shows me the need to forgive, trust and love others. What a great God.

I hope you had me and MusicMaster and crossnote in mind!

CP, the seat of my spiritual britches are dirty...not from sitting on an old, filthy tire I just took off the trailer of life.

No.

They're dirty from men of God having to kick me there as a loving rebuke for my negligence toward the word of God these past couple weeks. John Barnett kicked me this morning, which prompted me to get back to that banquet and partake in fellowship with the Lord of the banquet. Letting life get in the way of what's most important...well, I have no excuses.

To the Lord be all the glory to reaching us when we need it.

MM

Amen!

I am old now, but my character has always been to STAND up for what I know is right and Biblically true. When someone comes along with silly nonsense and personal opinions which are not found in the Word of God, I am much like a Alabama bulldog with a ham bone.

I bite and make no apologies for it!

I hope you had me and MusicMaster and crossnote in mind!

I like to think that I have all I come in contact in mind. Learning to forgive is apart of love that I strive for in many areas of my life. Accepting rebuke is also something that I work on because I have needed it many times in my life.

It reminds me of what I learned about meekness many years ago now. Which is a worthwhile study all by itself.

On the subject of correction. We all have faults and weaknesses. I think there is a time and place for correction. I've been called out very publicly in loud voice by someone in authority over me. It was a humbling experience, recently married with my wife there and many other family members in a crowd of probably near one thousand Christians. I felt very small in that place surrounded by so many. I was young and walked away from the incident. It is always a reminder though to me of proper time and place for correction. The internet is a very public place as well.

I think about how, when and where to correct. Just my two cents.

I like to think that I have all I come in contact in mind. Learning to forgive is apart of love that I strive for in many areas of my life. Accepting rebuke is also something that I work on because I have needed it many times in my life.

It reminds me of what I learned about meekness many years ago now. Which is a worthwhile study all by itself.

On the subject of correction. We all have faults and weaknesses. I think there is a time and place for correction. I've been called out very publicly in loud voice by someone in authority over me. It was a humbling experience, recently married with my wife there and many other family members in a crowd of probably near one thousand Christians. I felt very small in that place surrounded by so many. I was young and walked away from the incident. It is always a reminder though to me of proper time and place for correction. The internet is a very public place as well.

I think about how, when and where to correct. Just my two cents.

CP, I fully agree. What gets me in trouble, however, is exhibiting righteous anger toward unrighteous heresies. Some who see any forms of aggression against heresies think those aggressions are personal. I try to keep in mind the dividing line in how we define being Christ-like and being fleshly:

Psalm 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Having been asked how "workers of iniquity" is defined, the biblical definition must be found in the collective information throughout all of scripture. Anyone who promotes a false god is considered anathema, and those who promote sins against children, and who promote evil and wickedness in the moral fabric of a nation and its system of justice, etc. The examples are many, and yet many don't have the spine to model their dealings with those wicked elements in accordance with the examples of the Lord...recalling Jesus' comments toward the religious leaders when addressing them as vipers and white-washed tombs filled with dead men's bones, etc. They were promoting false doctrine, and were unwilling to change their minds when challenged by the Truth.

So, I will painfully smack those with the flat of my blade when there is a chance for change of heart, and cut with the edge when it's time to sever the conversation, leaving them in the hands of the Most High, which is a fearful place to be.

MM

Discerning when to answer and how to answer takes time and prayer at times. Discerning who might be a fool, when to answer a fool takes time and experience as well. Doing all things in humility that we can edify one another is also not easy to practice, but as Christians we know that this is God's will. Edifying others is part of love as we build them up whether with words of correction, truth, comfort or other words.

How we work with those in the world and fellow Christians is different as well. Sometimes we come across those that claim to be Christian, but their words and actions lead one to wonder. Discerning how to communicate with these individuals can be challenging as well.

I believe though that God allows individuals and situations in our life to come to pass so that we can learn how to be more Christ like. The lessons are not always easy, but I do believe they lead to good because God has allowed them to come to pass in our life. God has a plan and he is working that plan. When we know in our hearts that we are his and that he is our God, then we know that God will work all things together for good (Rom 8:28).

Back