Speak Your Mind 2

My prayers for such people are aimed at the powers and principalities that have gained control over the minds of those who teach a false christ by stating, even in roundabout ways, that Jesus is not Deity. THAT is where the warfare is for me.

I like to think that I have all I come in contact in mind. Learning to forgive is apart of love that I strive for in many areas of my life. Accepting rebuke is also something that I work on because I have needed it many times in my life.

It reminds me of what I learned about meekness many years ago now. Which is a worthwhile study all by itself.

On the subject of correction. We all have faults and weaknesses. I think there is a time and place for correction. I've been called out very publicly in loud voice by someone in authority over me. It was a humbling experience, recently married with my wife there and many other family members in a crowd of probably near one thousand Christians. I felt very small in that place surrounded by so many. I was young and walked away from the incident. It is always a reminder though to me of proper time and place for correction. The internet is a very public place as well.

I think about how, when and where to correct. Just my two cents.

I agree 100% brother. In the case with Garee.....when he or anyone else makes "public" false opinions on the open internet, then IMHO they need to be challenged and corrected just as publicly.

But......I am just an old fashioned country boy from Alabama and that is how we did then, and I still do today.

I don't believe in dentists because they are so expensive.

If you have a dentist that will treat you for free after you turn 18 then please let me know.

I cost more to maintain before 18 than after. Before, I ate candy galore...now I'm paying the price with amalgam all throughout all my teeth, and a few composites.

Ok, let's keep topics out of this that don't belong. ok?

Now, I have something I'd like to share that has deep, doctrinal implications for those who like to get objectors to answer their own dilemmas:

Tony Perkins once had an experience where he was in the dentist chair with the doctor's fingers, drill and other instruments in Tony's mouth. The doctor knew who Perkins is and what he does for a living. Taking that opportunity when Tony couldn't respond so quickly, the doctor stated that he didn't believe in God, mainly because of how many people in the world are suffering and dying, and wondered how any loving God could allow so much suffering and death in the world.

After a while, the doctor removed the drill and other materials and tools from Tony's mouth. After adjusting his jaw and spitting out all the goo, Tony looked at the doctor sand said, "I don't believe in dentists."

The doctor was flabbergasted and beside himself in total confusion, and asked what Perkins meant by that.

Tony went on to explain that given that there are so many people in the world with broken, rotted and missing teeth, he simply couldn't believe in dentists.

The doctor rolled his eyes to the ceiling, lifted his arms in an expression of further exasperation and confusion, and said, "If those people would simply come in to us and let us help them, then they wouldn't have to live with all those broken, rooted and missing teeth...

Get the picture?

MM
i like that reply

Amalgam? I thought dentists quit using that years ago. I had 90% of what was left in my mouth from young adulthood replaced with resin long ago. I love sweets and cheese. I guess thats why dentists love me :) Good thing Gods word is cavity and calorie free~

Just speaking my mind... lol

I'm so glad you did speak your mind. I love hearing what others are thinking.

Yes, I still have those fillings in my mouth. Only one was removed and replaced with composite on account of it being too large and causing damage to my tooth. The replacement composite didn't last very long because the glue under the filling dissolved over time, and had to replaced again. I never had that problem with amalgams.

So, when I hear about "new and improved," I accept that only after it has been proven through time and use...

When I examine my inner life in Christ, I often then become aware of impurities and inferior things I have let in as "new and improved" that must be weeded out, and sometimes only through prayer. Sanctification is such an ongoing work process in life. It's a good thing our lives were shortened with the advent of sin in this world. Can you imagine living in a fallen world as it is now some 969 years? That would be agonizing. It's beyond my comprehension. It's a mercy to die at 80, or less. One family member once said that she would never wish 90 on anyone because the world is too crazy with sin.

MM

Modern psycho-Babel can be so subtle in its ploys at trying to offer mental, and even, yes, spiritual health. This world is filled with mine fields that will blow your legs right out from under you if you dare to go it alone (as a lone star Christian). We need each other.

I ran across an article written by a degreed psycho-Babel-ist called What Does It Mean to be a Spiritual Grown Up.

The article begins with purely negative overtones about family relations for grown children. The author gave very little wiggle room for including wholesome and loving families that don't adhere to "The Simpson's" style of dysfunctionalities the article tends to paint all family relations with. Please keep in mind that I'm talking about the trashy article, not the author. I don't know the author personally, so this is not a matter of my bashing her personally. The key that I'm addressing is the corruptions worldliness injects into family and faith when allowed to go unchecked and unrestrained by the word of God.

Normally, I would go on with my analysis, but will give you all an opportunity to share your own thoughts. Some may be positive on account of your possibly having been helped through difficulty by a therapist. This article makes it clear that the mine filed of which I spoke is filled with therapists, some explosively dangerous and deadly to your spiritual health, and some more benevolent and helpful.

I eagerly await your thoughts...if you dare to venture into that article.

MM

The politicized media is shouting about there have now been 3 million deaths from COVID over the past year. Meanwhile, they say not one word about the 3 million deaths worldwide from alcohol related incidents, as reported by the World Health Organization. Alcohol, being the sacred cow due to the tax revenues alcohol consumption provides, it gets a free pass for the number of deaths that result from its presence.

This drives home for me the need for us as believers to remain consistent in all areas of faith and doctrine, never compromising as does the world on the side of evil. Emphasizing and practicing stability and strength in a solid foundation of doctrine helps our brothers and sisters who are new in the faith to find their footing rooted upon the purity and glorious life existent within Christ Jesus...the REAL One described within the pages of the REAL Bibles as opposed to the corrupt ones that have always been out there, and the newer ones purporting to be "translations" when they are actually "transliterations."

MM

Modern psycho-Babel can be so subtle in its ploys at trying to offer mental, and even, yes, spiritual health. This world is filled with mine fields that will blow your legs right out from under you if you dare to go it alone (as a lone star Christian). We need each other.

I ran across an article written by a degreed psycho-Babel-ist called What Does It Mean to be a Spiritual Grown Up.

The article begins with purely negative overtones about family relations for grown children. The author gave very little wiggle room for including wholesome and loving families that don't adhere to "The Simpson's" style of dysfunctionalities the article tends to paint all family relations with. Please keep in mind that I'm talking about the trashy article, not the author. I don't know the author personally, so this is not a matter of my bashing her personally. The key that I'm addressing is the corruptions worldliness injects into family and faith when allowed to go unchecked and unrestrained by the word of God.

Normally, I would go on with my analysis, but will give you all an opportunity to share your own thoughts. Some may be positive on account of your possibly having been helped through difficulty by a therapist. This article makes it clear that the mine filed of which I spoke is filled with therapists, some explosively dangerous and deadly to your spiritual health, and some more benevolent and helpful.

I eagerly await your thoughts...if you dare to venture into that article.

MM
Just off the cuff, the underlying attack theme when it comes to psychology is the insufficiency of Scriptures and God.
Im not including the medicinal therapy which goes after the physical causes (but unfortunately results in sometimes addictions). God gave us physical doctors but also spiritual doctors called pastors. Psychiatry has usurped the latter.

Last edited:
Just off the cuff, the underlying attack theme when it comes to psychology is the insufficiency of Scriptures and God.
Im not including the medicinal therapy which goes after the physical causes (but unfortunately results in sometimes addictions). God gave us physical doctors but also spiritual doctors called pastors. Psychiatry has usurped the latter.

Very well said. The hostility within the secular side of mental psychology, although they have codified some typicalities in human behavior, they aren't anywhere near a full or even mostly full understanding of the true, inner man and woman; all of whom are God's creation, and therefore far too complex for them to grasp and define with the limitations of language and human comprehension.

MM

Very well said. The hostility within the secular side of mental psychology, although they have codified some typicalities in human behavior, they aren't anywhere near a full or even mostly full understanding of the true, inner man and woman; all of whom are God's creation, and therefore far too complex for them to grasp and define with the limitations of language and human comprehension.

MM
Yes, their denial and/or redefinition of sin automatically sets them back to a pagan prehistoric era.

Bible - never saw one in a thrift store actually, and I'm in thrift stores with reasonable frequency. never came across one there...

Maybe people hold on to their Bibles where you live, they pop up frequently here in So. Ca.

If you can get them at 25 cents each, and they're not the Mirror version or New World Translation or Mormon version, they would be worth buying to hand out to Campus Crusade groups for students. Hmm. I'll have to look into that here locally and see if the campus ministry groups could use some Bibles to hand out to other students.

Have you heard the voice of God today?

Yes, I mean YOU. Have YOU heard His voice this morning?

Did you know that reading the word of God, THAT is one of many ways He communicates to us, speaks to us. While reading, have you not sensed and heard that inner voice confirming AND opening up deeper revelations you had never thought of before?

For emphasis, please consider Daniel 9:10 Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets. When others ask, "You hear the voice of God?" Yes. Throughout the OT, the prophets said many times, "Thus saith the Lord..." Everywhere we read anything inspired from the Lord in the Bible, which is all of it, that's His voice.

Just wanted to emphasize that so that you can add that to your praise toward the Lord, in your Bible reading time, and your prayer time.

When I've been sick, I meditate upon the Lord in the sick bed, and His voice sooths the pain and discomfort. In pain, suffering, and praise that disregards it all, His strength has filled me me so greatly that the pain and suffering subsided into the backdrop. How? Why? Simply stated, His perfect Power is mightier than anything physical.

Some might say, "Well, I've tried that, and it didn't work!"

This isn't some formula or magic trick that works all the time. If His presence isn't alleviating the suffering and pain, according to His promises, then some self-examination is in order. Ask Him, "Lord, what is it within me that keeps it the forefront that holds back your Power from comforting me?"

Dear ones, remember that there is no magical formula for this. The Lord can and does show to us in many ways what is in our lives that grasps the suffering in us with a tenacity so that the Power of the Most High is rendered ineffective at the moment. In suffering we grow, or we succumb to it. It's a simple choice we make daily. I'm speaking from experience coupled with the word of God in its totality.

What say YOU all from YOUR experiences?

MM

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 KJV
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
[10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Back