Speaking In Tongues - Can It Be Controlled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has never been one to interpret in any congregation I've attended where people speak in tongues in all my experience. Paul was giving instructions so worship would have order but I've yet to see that when I attend a church that speaks in tongues.
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and don’t forbid speaking in tongues. But be sure that everything is done properly and in order. (‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭14‬:‭39-40‬ NLT). Haven't seen it yet.
see it almost every Sunday...not sure what your looking for?

To set the context clear, I don't speak in tongues.

No one else in you church speaks in tongues, either. But, if you want to pretend like other Pentecostals, just relax and start stringing together random, simple syllables from your English phonetic repertoire. "Bue la la..." Make worship about entertaining you, not about honoring God, and you'll be on your way, and cheer when your pastor preaches blasphemies.

I see most of the people who speak in tongues are in somewhat uncontrollable state.

See, you're not relaxing enough. They're showing you how to do it. Just cut loose. The uncontrollable state is almost necessary to achieve randomness, else you'll spend time thinking about what syllable to utter next, and that just won't feel authentic.

1 Corinthians 14:27-28 ESV
If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God.

There's an opportunity for you. If you can't fake tongues, you can fake interpretation. After you hear someone make some random noises, just start spouting off some hollow language using your Christian language repertoire, "I'm the Lord your God and I say to you, <insert a belief particular to your denomination>...." Like, "Verily, Joseph Smith is my prophet." (if you happen to be a Mormon pentecostal). Or, "Verily, Mary hears your prayers" (if you happen to be a Catholic pentecostal). Or, Verily, "I am coming soon to gather you up, and this time I mean soon" (if you're a Rapture-ready Pentecostal, but leave out that last clause).

What were these words?
Around the time when the Toronto blessing was flavour of the month, we visited this local pentecostal group. One guy there was tripping over himself in eagerness to pray in tongues. It was a very basic language he spoke something like "Yadda Yadda Yadda......Yadda" The interpretation I think was "I am a poser and anyone believing I'm legit is super naive."
During that same service some other guy just jumped up and ran round the auditorium with a silly grin on his face.
On another thought/recollection, at a home fellowship meet one night, there was this member who was a terrible mumbler with a speech impediment. On this (thankfully) one occasion while praying for a lady member he burst out into the most articulate speech
he was ever heard to utter. I could hear and identify each and every syllable he uttered. Trouble is, there was no interpreter.....what a waste of uncharacteristic clarity of speech from him:( Oh well was this a manifestation of the Spirit?? If so, for whose benefit?? or was it just that he needed to show us all that he could form words clearly if he wanted to?

No one else in you church speaks in tongues, either. But, if you want to pretend like other Pentecostals, just relax and start stringing together random, simple syllables from your English phonetic repertoire. "Bue la la..." Make worship about entertaining you, not about honoring God, and you'll be on your way, and cheer when your pastor preaches blasphemies.

See, you're not relaxing enough. They're showing you how to do it. Just cut loose. The uncontrollable state is almost necessary to achieve randomness, else you'll spend time thinking about what syllable to utter next, and that just won't feel authentic.

There's an opportunity for you. If you can't fake tongues, you can fake interpretation. After you hear someone make some random noises, just start spouting off some hollow language using your Christian language repertoire, "I'm the Lord your God and I say to you, <insert a belief particular to your denomination>...." Like, "Verily, Joseph Smith is my prophet." (if you happen to be a Mormon pentecostal). Or, "Verily, Mary hears your prayers" (if you happen to be a Catholic pentecostal). Or, Verily, "I am coming soon to gather you up, and this time I mean soon" (if you're a Rapture-ready Pentecostal, but leave out that last clause).
:ROFLMAO::p:ROFLMAO:

I think I'll translate in Klingon.

Better just believe the bible and if Gods Spirit really comes upon you...you will know it. But mockers are everywhere and will account for every idle word they speak against the Holy Spirit.

Jud 1:10
But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
Jud 1:11
Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

Jud 1:18
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19
These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Jud 1:20
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, :)

That guy is liar, just in the 30 seconds alone he tells a couple blatant lies.

He says in Acts every time someone is filled, or baptized, with the holy spirit, they speak in tongues. Most of the examples in Acts don't include tongues.

He says Paul met some people and asked if they have received the holy ghost. He said these people were believers in Christ. But the text says they were disciples of John the Baptist and hadn't known Jesus until Paul told them about Jesus.

What's wrong with you people who listen to Pastors who deal with the word of God in such a sloppy, even if you won't admit dishonest, fashion? The false pentecostal prophet in the video is senior pastor at super- megachurch.

He says in Acts every time someone is filled, or baptized, with the holy spirit, they speak in tongues. Most of the examples in Acts don't include tongues.

He says Paul met some people and asked if they have received the holy ghost. He said these people were believers in Christ. But the text says they were disciples of John the Baptist and hadn't known Jesus until Paul told them about Jesus.

What's wrong with you people who listen to Pastors who deal with the word of God in such a sloppy, even if you won't admit dishonest, fashion? The false pentecostal prophet in the video is senior pastor at super- megachurch.
Ac 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.:)

all means all

Not all Pentecostals believe that speaking in tongues happens without exception. It is a gift of the Holy Spirit and no where is it written that the gift is not bestowed by the Spirit after a certain time.

As far as I am concerned it is just as valid as other biblical gifts including discernment, prophecy, exorcism, etc.

Not only do some people love to hear liars, but hey insisting on continuing to believe those liars even when the lies are exposed.

"So every time you find in the books of Acts when someone is baptized in the Holy Spirit, they alway speak in tongues." - The first sentence in Joseph Prince's video.

Really, Mitspa, you think quoting Acts 2:3 shows the liar didn't lie? That's one time, not every time. The math isn't complicated. Even during Pentecost, after the Apostles spoke in tongues (your quote), 3000 "received the gift of the holy spirit", yet there's not one indication that any of those 3000 spoke in tongues, Acts 2:41. So much for "every time".

I believe the intent of your post is to demonstrate that you don't care.

Not all Pentecostals believe that speaking in tongues happens without exception. It is a gift of the Holy Spirit and no where is it written that the gift is not bestowed by the Spirit after a certain time.[/quotee]

Try reading more carefully then get back to me. I know what Pentecostals believe.

Not only do some people love to hear liars, but hey insisting on continuing to believe those liars even when the lies are exposed.

"So every time you find in the books of Acts when someone is baptized in the Holy Spirit, they alway speak in tongues." - The first sentence in Joseph Prince's video.

Really, Mitspa, you think quoting Acts 2:3 shows the liar didn't lie? That's one time, not every time. The math isn't complicated. Even during Pentecost, after the Apostles spoke in tongues (your quote), 3000 "received the gift of the holy spirit", yet there's not one indication that any of those 3000 spoke in tongues, Acts 2:41. So much for "every time".

I believe the intent of your post is to demonstrate that you don't care.
Yea because its true...I cant think of any instance (In Acts) where the baptism of the Holy Spirit is given, that did not included the mention of tongues? Can you?

Yea because its true...I cant think of any instance (In Acts) where the baptism of the Holy Spirit is given, that did not included the mention of tongues? Can you?
Do you handle snakes mitspa? Just curious. I've heard Pentecostals use snakes down south, I've never seen it myself.

Ac 2:3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
Ac 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Ac 10:44 ¶ While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Ac 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Ac 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back