Speaking In Tongues

We are all annointed, those that believe/know. It is a marvel of God, that those confirmations come in all flavors, unique to the individual.

We are all annointed, those that believe/know. It is a marvel of God, that those confirmations come in all flavors, unique to the individual.

Eph says that Christ (Greek for anointed one and His anointing) Dwells in our heart by Faith. Paul said we give prophecy according to the faith given us or that we have. So, any gift would have to operate by those that believe.

However, being filled with the Holy Spirit will bring signs.

Eph says that Christ (Greek for anointed one and His anointing) Dwells in our heart by Faith. Paul said we give prophecy according to the faith given us or that we have. So, any gift would have to operate by those that believe.

I agree about being filled, those signposts are not all the same. To say, for instance, that speaking in tongues makes you more annointed than another is false. Not all of my personal proofs would convince anyone necessarily, at least that is the way I see it,but it does thoroughly convince me - and makes me joyful. I can say, for instance, that I live in a log cabin (I don't) but if you find me credible, don't care - you could believe that I live in a log cabin. I know where I live. Not sure if that's clear.

My translator did not believe your posting was "singing" in tongues. To be fair - the translator had never heard singing - and they heard two voices, that with accompanying music may have made them reject it from what they knew. As I said earlier, I apparently read the wrong translation because I listened several times again and still did not hear it. I talked with you in PM, and you said that the translation was "that He was coming, He was coming" and was about end times. Strangely enough, when I went back, I did hear that (not clearly).

The tech Layered Her voice over the first track. She did not have to sing two tracks the way she sung the first time fit perfectly over the other track. So, It is two voices layered on top of each other........... However to be sure you would need to talk to her. I know it's a layered track though.

I agree about being filled, those signposts are not all the same. To say, for instance, that speaking in tongues makes you more annointed than another is false.
. Strangely enough, when I went back, I did hear that (not clearly).

There are levels of anointing, some so strong you get weak or start to laugh, you can feel it all over. Scripture says anyone who takes the time to sing songs, make melody in their hearts, speaking in tongues which edify us would or should be more in the Spirit and anointed than someone that did not.
So, if you took the time to spend with God, then the anointing would be stronger on you than someone that say worked all day in a crummy environment. Moses who spent time with God came back shining.

Eph 5:18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Believers who stay in songs and keep the Lord in their heart stay anointed and we don't even know it. We sort of get use to it. More than once I have had someone say I feel the power of God all over you Mike. I did not even feel a thing.

It's like swimming. If your in the cold water you don't feel it after a bit. Someone just getting in the water might think it cold when you don't think it cold at all.

The hearing of the song "I am Coming" would not be in the lyrics but inside you. It is just a knowing.

The more time with God, the More anointed. Before I would preach at church, I would spend time praying in tongues and believe to be anointed to teach. That is like prep time and preparing. If you prepare then you get a benefit as opposed to someone that never spends time with God.

Like a book, if you spent a hour with God before writing then your more open to hear what to write as you write. It will just come to you.

Blessings.

Well, the only proof would be what I gave. It has nothing to do with actually speaking in tongues, Jesus already said those that believe on me shall speak in new tongues. That is already a fact and proof. Now to get your head in line with that as with everything else God said in the Word.

tongues edify ourselves and build up our most holy faith (Jude I think) So it figures people that pray in tongues are anointed and full of Joy.

We have prayer on WED so we pray in English then everyone prays in tongues. Friday and Sunday service you won't hear tongues at all. That is what we do, so it depends on the Church as long as things are not confusing. I don't like coming into a church with people all over the floor and hanging off the rafters. Some like that, not my cup of tea.
Why is it that every time someone cites Mark 16:17,18 as proof/justification for speaking in tongues, they shrink from tossing down a cyanide on the rocks, or jumping into a pit full of deadly snakes.? (v18 is part of the same conversation) Yeah I know, Do not put the Lord your God to the test..right?
When people offer to either speak in tongues or interpret tongues 'on demand' isn't that putting the Lord to the test also?
Just wondering.

Why is it that every time someone cites Mark 16:17,18 as proof/justification for speaking in tongues, they shrink from tossing down a cyanide on the rocks, or jumping into a pit full of deadly snakes.? (v18 is part of the same conversation) Yeah I know, Do not put the Lord your God to the test..right?
When people offer to either speak in tongues or interpret tongues 'on demand' isn't that putting the Lord to the test also?
Just wondering.

I thought it was a good idea, at the time. Now - not so much, tho. How is translating "on demand" a test of God?

Well, maybe it isn't. I thought that the gifts were to be used to bring glory to Christ. As such, they would not be manifested except at His leading I can recall a Baptist and a guy from the continuing Presbyterians 'arguing about tongues and the Presy just offered to give a demo over the phone. To my way of thinking that was sort of lowering the gift/s of the Spirit to a side show, or if you will, speaking in tongues 'on demand'. Just my thoughts.

I didn't start the thread for entertainment, per se. But I admit the translation thing might have been a bad idea. I guess I wanted to learn what was being said. I did learn something, tho.

Well, the only proof would be what I gave. It has nothing to do with actually speaking in tongues, Jesus already said those that believe on me shall speak in new tongues. That is already a fact and proof. Now to get your head in line with that as with everything else God said in the Word.

tongues edify ourselves and build up our most holy faith (Jude I think) So it figures people that pray in tongues are anointed and full of Joy.

We have prayer on WED so we pray in English then everyone prays in tongues. Friday and Sunday service you won't hear tongues at all. That is what we do, so it depends on the Church as long as things are not confusing. I don't like coming into a church with people all over the floor and hanging off the rafters. Some like that, not my cup of tea.

Well, allow me to be blunt but also know that I do not intend to be argumentative over this belief in "tongues". I love you and do not want to cause a problem for you. I for one came from the Pentecostal denomination a long time ago so I am very familiar with the pros and cons. But the more I grew and learned of the Scriptures, there were things that just simply did not line up with the contextual teachings of the Scriptures themselves.

Having said all that, If you look carefully in the Scriptures, first of all there is no such word that describes tongues as "unknown". The word "unknown" was added by translators.

The word "tongues" in the New Test. always refers to Language. Language is a type of communication that when said allows those hearing to know what was said. Since people gather in churches especially in the early church who came from different countries and had different languages, it was imperative that what was said be translated so that all present would understand the message.
The only way the gospel could have expanded was the correct and effectual understanding of the words said. IF it was as it is today, an unintelligible uttering that is not translated, then the gospel would suffer and the cause of Christ would be challenged.

From my experience, based on what I have seen, the "tongues" that is seen practiced in today's church is NOT that kind of Biblical communication. It is unintelligible utterances that have no meaning and no understanding and the only one being edified is the one doing the speaking. He/she is in fact made to look more spiritual and closer to God than those who do not do the tongues speaking.

Yes, I know that is not what the people speaking in tongues believe.
Now...........if you or anyone else desires to speak in tongues then that is a personal choice that you have made and is not a Biblical directive. Therefore the ones who do not speak in tongues should not be considered any less spiritual than those who do.

Now that is my thoughts and I will not lose friendships over the arguments about tongues. If you chose to do it, fine. If you do not, fine as well for me.

Just wondering.

Correct.......the passage in Mark is a PACKAGE deal. If you can do one you will be able to do all of them.

But Mike.......The same Scriptures say that the only sign will be the one given by Jonah, the Resurrection!

I gathered that "speaking in tongues" is personal "proof of God/Holy Spirit" to some people. You have to believe that you can get this gift to get it. It is not necessary to faith or salvation. But, I guess? it can bolster faith.

That is true........but the question then becomes, when would a believer need his faith to be bolstered????

"tongues edify ourselves and build up our most holy faith - So it figures people that pray in tongues are anointed and full of Joy."

This is exactly what I am saying. The people who speak in tongues are not any more anointed or joyful than those who do not but the idea of doing tongues gives the one doing it the perception of being more than those who do not.

But aren't we according to the Scriptures supposed to lift up the church and the Lord?

Yes, I know that is not what the people speaking in tongues believe.
Now...........if you or anyone else desires to speak in tongues then that is a personal choice that you have made and is not a Biblical directive. Therefore the ones who do not speak in tongues should not be considered any less spiritual than those who do.

Now that is my thoughts and I will not lose friendships over the arguments about tongues. If you chose to do it, fine. If you do not, fine as well for me.

First we don't loose friendship over tongues, that is dumb. Second each thread is different so I don't carry one thought of a persons beliefs over to the next thread.

Last thing is this............. Don't over study to the place to remove a simple concept. We talked about this, like removing hell by looking at language and things.

Tongues is just not for church......................... Anything you do like speaking in tongues edify and build up your most holy faith which in effect increases anointing. Strife and division decreases anointing.

But Mike.......The same Scriptures say that the only sign will be the one given by Jonah, the Resurrection!

What did Jesus say to them? What did Paul say?

Jesus said, no other sign will be given but that of Jonah being in the belly of the fish (Whale, sea monster, whatever) for 3 days.
The temple rent in two when Jesus died.

They were not looking for some Miracle of healing or anything like that, they hung out at church to catch him doing miracles on the Sabbath. Healing and things by the Holy Spirit was not in question. The sign they wanted was for him to prove He was the Messiah. His resurrection from the grave was the proof.

Paul said the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks want it to make sense by Wisdom. Nobody denied the Miracles, they Denied the one doing the Miracles, even to accuse him of using devil power to cast out devils.

If your baptized with the Holy Spirit, that comes with ability to witness, gifts. There is power in one's life.

ABC NEWS Scientific study of the Gift of tongues.

That is true........but the question then becomes, when would a believer need his faith to be bolstered????

If you don't stay renewed with your mind, then a weak spirit, means weak faith. You read it all over the forums, believers who have no faith.

Jud_1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Praying in the Holy Spirit, or Spirit Paul said it can be praying in tongues. I gave the scripture for that. Tongues is a very valuable tool for all believers. If our faith did not need Bolstered, then this scripture would not be there.

Most don't know what Bible faith is anyway. The substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Most only have faith they are saved, but there is a whole lot more to have faith in.

Example of many of Tongues with Faith: Grandma

I was just writing something and I got inside I need to pray. You know it's time to pray when you can't concentrate on anything else and you have the strong unction (Urge but more inside) to pray.

Just pray.

What do you pray about? This is where Tongues come in real handy for the Holy Spirit will help us pray according to the will of God and for intercession on behalf of the saints. We don't always know what we ought to pray. I may know on the surface you need prayer for healing, but I don't know why your sick in the first place or what is behind everything. Sickness is of the curse, so we might need to know more than just you being sick.

So, I started to pray in tongues, whatever I needed to pray about, would be taken care of. I start off in tongues and that will bring you more into the spirit and less into the flesh.
As I am just praying I see inside lights, an ambulance, and the inside of an emergency room. I stop for a moment thinking something happened to one of my kids or my wife.

Then I came to myself and said, no............ The Holy Spirit will help me pray though this, I don't need to be alarmed or troubled. I just need to keep praying.

I continued to pray in tongues, and I had another vision, I saw my grandpa, then I knew. Soon after praying a lot longer I got this laugh inside, a joy inside. Hard to explain but then you know you prayed and it's taken care of.

I called my Grandma and told her I knew she was at the Hospital with Grandpa and everything was going to be OK. She is use to me doing things like that and she said in the emergency room she asked for prayer, if God would have someone pray for her. She said she felt peace come in the room.

This is one reason we all should seek the gift of tongues. This is one of many, many stories I have. Supernatural prayer is better than just us praying. I would not even known what to pray, but since I have tongues then I don't have to know, I just pray through.

Blessings.

HTML:
<iframe title="Embed Music" width="300" height="15" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" id="1321430542" name="1321430542" allowtransparency="true" class="igm" src="//urlaacjrode9jse93p741t2n1ibbufaq-a-sites-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/gadgets/ifr?url=http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/105629041657992777031/embed-music.xml&amp;container=enterprise&amp;view=default&amp;lang=en&amp;country=ALL&amp;sanitize=0&amp;v=6ced7fd38a9bccd&amp;up_hide&amp;up_loop=false&amp;up_auto=false&amp;up_bg&amp;up_mime=audio/mpeg&amp;up_url=http://gdurl.com/tW7q&amp;libs=core:dynamic-height:idi&amp;mid=144&amp;parent=https://sites.google.com/site/mori79/html-gadgets/media-players#st=e=AIHE3cCkXTmVvxP0ZRAHEXp17OlOvBFg6Xw008LDGZSE/1fBKexUW eMXTo/SYAabcN/tKDMOM8MqiEQfTIjSiO6W77yTW9QlA/ z7Yl0dVKwOWuo5uu7TPbl/tDNjfh5HX0J/ceG/jn&c=enterprise&amp;rpctoken=1639199637196496882"></iframe>

Seems this Web site is junk when it comes to embedding a Music player.

This is for Silk........ Nicole singing Over the Rainbow in English. I ripped this off her Demo Cd. Hope she don't mind.
http://gdurl.com/tW7q

HTML:
<iframe title="Embed Music" width="300" height="15" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" id="1321430542" name="1321430542" allowtransparency="true" class="igm" src="//urlaacjrode9jse93p741t2n1ibbufaq-a-sites-opensocial.googleusercontent.com/gadgets/ifr?url=http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/105629041657992777031/embed-music.xml&amp;container=enterprise&amp;view=default&amp;lang=en&amp;country=ALL&amp;sanitize=0&amp;v=6ced7fd38a9bccd&amp;up_hide&amp;up_loop=false&amp;up_auto=false&amp;up_bg&amp;up_mime=audio/mpeg&amp;up_url=http://gdurl.com/tW7q&amp;libs=core:dynamic-height:idi&amp;mid=144&amp;parent=https://sites.google.com/site/mori79/html-gadgets/media-players#st=e=AIHE3cCkXTmVvxP0ZRAHEXp17OlOvBFg6Xw008LDGZSE/1fBKexUW eMXTo/SYAabcN/tKDMOM8MqiEQfTIjSiO6W77yTW9QlA/ z7Yl0dVKwOWuo5uu7TPbl/tDNjfh5HX0J/ceG/jn&c=enterprise&amp;rpctoken=1639199637196496882"></iframe>

Seems this Web site is junk when it comes to embedding a Music player.

This is for Silk........ Nicole singing Over the Rainbow in English. I ripped this off her Demo Cd. Hope she don't mind.
http://gdurl.com/tW7q

Sorry, MichaelH, I couldn't get it to work. Thanks for the ABC new report - I found it interesting. This was more like clips of "glossalalia" I have heard before, altho, I have to admit, the ones I had listened to were much older (in the past) and these "21st century" voices sound different then the ones I heard before.

I saw the url after - but again - it brings no explorer screen up

It does for me, but I bet its the way your browser is configured. Nicole likes those Old slow songs but I guess Over the Rainbow is OK.

I ripped the song from Her CD and put it on my Google drive. Here is the direct link to my Google drive page.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--BD9lsZ13DNzlYOGU1YkxvZFU/edit?usp=sharing

this is a direct link (should be) to download the song right to your computer as a .mp3 file so you can play it.

http://gdurl.com/tW7q/download

Scroll down here and I embedded Over the Rainbow in a music player, just click play after it loads up.

http://www.forum.mikecarolhelmickministries.org/index.php/topic,65.0.html

If none of these Work, then It's Aliens. I'll just tell Nicole to call you and sing over the Rainbow, over the phone.

her over the Rainbow song is not as echo or effects heavy, just her singing over a music track.

Blessings Sister, I hope these work for you.

Back