Spiritual Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Musicmaster

What is the purpose of the Revelation will you explain to me the Ultimate Goal is for God if this is the Letter is going to be for us in future? From your own view?

Thank you for your time and patience with me.

This I think I can answer before we shut off the discussion entirely:

In the tribulation of this earth, several things will happen:

First - The stiff-necked Jews will brought under the realization that they have lived in denial of the Messiah they pierced. That will become even more profound a realization to them at His second coming to set up His Kingdom.

Zechariah 12:7-10

7 The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify [themselves] against Judah. 8 In that day shall the LORD defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he that is feeble among them at that day shall be as David; and the house of David [shall be] as God, as the angel of the LORD before them. 9 And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. 10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.

That hasn't happened yet.

Second, the wrath of God poured out upon the earth will shake all the inhabitants of the earth to their core. Huge percentages of humanity will perish throughout. A number beyond counting will turn their hearts to Christ. Why? Because in that time, He will be standing there with His arms spread wide to all on this earth, inviting them to accept and believe in Him, and many will.

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

It is not until recent decades that the population of this earth has been anywhere near what it is now, numbering in the billions.

Who were those people?

Revelation 7:13-14

13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The effectiveness of the 144,000 witnesses, and the two witnesses to the world, they will reach the hearts of many that is beyond numbering. Even though there is much spiritual imagery in it all, there are also elements that are very real and down to earth...so real that it will wipe out much of human life, trees, animal life both on land and in the sea.

Holy Spirit reveals these things to those who will approach Him with an open mind to receive and embrace all that He offers. I did just that. I said to the Lord that I will gladly set aside all that I think I believe that it may ALL be replaced with the purity of His truths.

So, Revelation is my favorite book, and I love how the Lord will use that to divide the sheep from the goats in this earth. It will lead into the theocracy the Jews had always looked for from the Lord. They still are looking for an earthly kingdom where they are the center as His chosen people, and they will get just that, but only the one-third that remain after the tribulation filters out the majority who either die and go to eternity and return with Christ at His second coming, or into Sheol to await the final judgment along with the rich man who cried out to Lazerus for a drop of water upon his tongue.

It is Christ's triumph against the wicked world. It is the harvest that separates the wheat from the chaff, the sheep from the goats. It will end with those with the mark of the beast upon them to be wiped away to clear the path for the kingdom.

So, you have asked an extensive question that can be answered with far more than I have time to type out here. That's just a nut-shell, quick run-down of it, and that is lacking in having done it justice.

Sorry about that.

MM

Staff Memo - The original poster in this thread has requested that it be closed.

We are honoring that request, but this thread may be reopened sometime in the future if the O. P. makes that request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back