Struggling to believe God truly cares

I know what the bible says... but...

I sometimes feel we're no more than just pawns for God to do as He wills with.. (and He can seeing as he is God.. who's gonna stop him?)

1)If God cares so much about everyone... why is their a hell to begin with?(yes I already know it was intended for fallen angels)

2)why would people He claims to love be tormented for eternity? I can understand maybe a few years, but forever? That is hellish ...I think if you truly loved someone you would be able to see the happy w/ or w/o you....

3) Everyone talks of free will; But not one human being asked to be here... (so that kinda negates that IMO..and the responsibility falls back on God, you have to take care of what you produced) Because if we knew what was in store, and given and option Im quite most would opt out.
It just sucks because we only have one life..thats it. one go around, and to be tormented in the end, thats just messed up... we aren't dolls , this isn't a game w/ a reset button.
The fact god can play w/ anyone's life like that is disturbing and not right (( But I kinda knew nothing..and i mean nothing is too good to be true))

4) The last thing that does it for me is Judas, what he did was horrid, just the epitome of wrong.
but even before he did his deed... Even jesus said, "better for him not to have been born"....
what sense does that make..when you created him? Prophecy had to be fufilled so he was chosen as the son of perdition.. someone had to do it

Like i don't even want to know why, because as Good he doesn't have to explain nothing to anyone..he can do as he wishes, I feel we just pawns.. pawns to be recipients of his mercy..to higlight his kindness and others for wrath to highlight his holiness .... b/c I just don't believe we have free will, the fact were here w/o being asked is kinda ..proof..

But Im not trying to sway anyone or anything like that, all i want is to make it heaven plain and simple,,I just want rest for my soul... and I guess to like God again.. its kinda hard when you realize all of this.

so any advice is welcomed.

Um if you not saved no wonder you believing this rubbish. Sorry.
but the good news is you can be saved. What must you do? Believe in Jesus! Can you do this? Do you WANT to?
Jesus loves you and doesn't want you to perish. Go to Him...or maybe he's coming to you.

Um if you not saved no wonder you believing this rubbish. Sorry.
but the good news is you can be saved. What must you do? Believe in Jesus! Can you do this? Do you WANT to?
Jesus loves you and doesn't want you to perish. Go to Him...or maybe he's coming to you.

I am saved, been since 2010.. just going through rocky patches... and some of this "rubbish" is in the bible

Rom 9:15 For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."

and that bit about judas is in there too...

all you have to do is look

Rom 9:15 For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."

Who does God choose to show mercy and who does He choose to bestow His great compassion? I believe He has shown great mercy and compassion to the entire world for offering us His salvation in His Son, Jesus. Those with faith have accepted it.

Who does God choose to show mercy and who does He choose to bestow His great compassion? I believe He has shown great mercy and compassion to the entire world for offering us His salvation in His Son, Jesus. Those with faith have accepted it.

I think its safe to say some receive more mercy then others.

It's easy to blame God because He's all powerful. But He does have rules. Everyone loves to preach on grace and prosperity, and that's true, but how does one get there? Simple:

Matthew 6:33-34 (KJV)
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.
Faith.

God's mercy is abundant and made available to all His kids!

Psalm 23:5-6

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Psalm 86:15
15 But you, O Lord,
are a God of compassion and mercy,
slow to get angry
and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.

1 Peter 1:3
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation,

It's easy to blame God because He's all powerful. But He does have rules. Everyone loves to preach on grace and prosperity, and that's true, but how does one get there? Simple:

Matthew 6:33-34 (KJV)
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof.
Faith.

hmmm, i need to look into that.... idk, i have a bit of trust issues w/ god..... so maybe one step ..one bit at a time.

hmmm, i need to look into that.... idk, i have a bit of trust issues w/ god..... so maybe one step ..one bit at a time.
Job blamed God too. See when we're not within the boundaries of His rules, there ain't much He can do. Drink until your liver is shot, how can He prevent that? Now, one can repent and God can heal them, but living your way and "repent" the day before you die is just foolishness. All good and perfect gifts come from the Father. Where do you think the other stuff comes from? The thief, the accuser, the adversary, aka, the devil. When you think ill of the Lord, you don't put faith (trust) in Him, so He can't do anything to help. If you don't take your broken car into a mechanic, how can you get it fixed? Then when you do take it in, you tell the mechanic how to do his job, getting in his way, do you think your car will get fixed? Walk away and let him fix the car! He'll call you when he's done. :D

God is so great that He is incomprehensible. Imagine God's glory being unfolded to us throughout eternity. So naturally speaking I would say that 'why' is a futile question, unless God reveals it.
Having said that let me ask: Is it possible to develop character outside of being tested to the point of failure?
So God does things for a purpose and not according to our sense of justice.

Another one: True compassion is to do the will of God.

God is so great that He is incomprehensible. Imagine God's glory being unfolded to us throughout eternity. So naturally speaking I would say that 'why' is a futile question, unless God reveals it.
Having said that let me ask: Is it possible to develop character outside of being tested to the point of failure?
So God does things for a purpose and not according to our sense of justice.

Another one: True compassion is to do the will of God.

Yeah, why is very fruitless, useless question... to harp on.. thats why I don't really want to know..
I just kinda wish I never saw those verses...lol

So I could still hold on to my idea of an all loving god..

Job blamed God too. See when we're not within the boundaries of His rules, there ain't much He can do. Drink until your liver is shot, how can He prevent that? . :D

Thats not always true, two people can start smoking at the same time.. one, could live to be 100 yrs old ..while the other develops lung cancer and dies young

he shows mercy to some and internvenes in the lives of some idk why but he does.. you don't always need to be under his umbrella .

If you don't take your broken car into a mechanic, how can you get it fixed? Then when you do take it in, you tell the mechanic how to do his job, getting in his way, do you think your car will get fixed? Walk away and let him fix the car! He'll call you when he's done. :D

I like this analogy.

I am in my latter years. When my sons were living with me I tried to train them to be upstanding persons. A lot of times they did not understand why I sent them to a school they did not enjoy, or let them eat whatever junk they wanted, or why I had chores for them to do.
The point is that they thought that a loving father should always provide fun and goodies when I knew that they would be better off with discipline. This resulted in a couple of young men of which I am proud. I think they take pride in their lives (this is the positive self disciplined variety of pride, not the self serving better than others kind). Of course, my youngest (33 yrs old) still eats a lot of junk.

A loving God does not exist solely to benefit us. We exist solely to glorify Him.

None of us really know the details of either heaven or hell. We have glimpses of heaven, but those are limited glimpses, and may represent particular events more than its full nature. The descriptions of hell are even more indirect. The most salient thing about heaven is that we will completely perceive the full presence of God. The most salient thing about hell is that God's presence will be totally out of perception. Before you think that that is just _nothing_ remember that all truly good things stem from Him. Burning would be more pleasant. Hell is not something that is done to the sinner. It is what the sinner is left with after God's presence is gone.

Yeah, why is very fruitless, useless question... to harp on.. thats why I don't really want to know..

I think we can hold on to that only it is greater that we know.
I believe all good things come from God for we are certainly not the creators of it.

Pancakes, you are probably one of the many people (me included) that feel the same. I have been saved for decades yet my spiritual journey is still a rough ups and down ride. There are morning I felt so overwhelmed with sadness I do not want to get up. There are so many puzzling questions that I concluded I will never get a satisfying answers until I see God face to face. I learned to just trust God has our best interest in heart- that is a challenge by itself for what we experience in life and what we see around us and the world. A pastoral staff once told me " God holds us in His palm, He will never let go, even if we want to." So despite my spiritual doubts, I just have to live one day at a time. When time is tough, just keep going. I also believe God surrounds us with all the brothers and sisters in Christ to lift us up and carry us to the finish line. I am a back sliding Christian for a few years now. Memorizing the scriptures, listen to hymns and songs, surround yourself with people who care for you are tools to keep us focus. For me I also try to spend time helping other people by volunteering for charity work - soup kitchen, habitat for humanity or simply take time to help other people are wonderful way to stay positive.

Learning from the triumph of other Christians always inspires me.
- Joni Eareckson's story began in 1967 in a diving accident that left her a quadriplegic in a wheelchair. www.joniandfriends.org
- Nick Vujicic wasborn without limbs. www.lifewithoutlimbs.org
- Robert Roger lost his entire family in a flash flood, his wife and 4 kids, a modern day Job. www. intothedeep.org

And there are countless others who went through incredible pain. One verse I committed to memory is II Corinthians 4:8-10 that Joni used as introduction to her biography. " 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. "

Pancakes, you are probably one of the many people (me included) that feel the same. I have been saved for decades yet my spiritual journey is still a rough ups and down ride. There are morning I felt so overwhelmed with sadness I do not want to get up. There are so many puzzling questions that I concluded I will never get a satisfying answers until I see God face to face. I learned to just trust God has our best interest in heart- that is a challenge by itself for what we experience in life and what we see around us and the world. A pastoral staff once told me " God holds us in His palm, He will never let go, even if we want to." So despite my spiritual doubts, I just have to live one day at a time. When time is tough, just keep going. I also believe God surrounds us with all the brothers and sisters in Christ to lift us up and carry us to the finish line. I am a back sliding Christian for a few years now. Memorizing the scriptures, listen to hymns and songs, surround yourself with people who care for you are tools to keep us focus. For me I also try to spend time helping other people by volunteering for charity work - soup kitchen, habitat for humanity or simply take time to help other people are wonderful way to stay positive.

Learning from the triumph of other Christians always inspires me.
- Joni Eareckson's story began in 1967 in a diving accident that left her a quadriplegic in a wheelchair. www.joniandfriends.org
- Nick Vujicic wasborn without limbs. www.lifewithoutlimbs.org
- Robert Roger lost his entire family in a flash flood, his wife and 4 kids, a modern day Job. www. intothedeep.org

And there are countless others who went through incredible pain. One verse I committed to memory is II Corinthians 4:8-10 that Joni used as introduction to her biography. " 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. "

thnx you for your honesty, i feel less..alone...

i know the spiritual struggle well..sadly : /

Show little mercy gain little mercy.
God's mercy is just that Mercy. The amount you may or may not see in yourlife depends on YOU and no one else. You can notjust do what you want or pick and chose what you think is for you and expect God's best in your life. God's mercy is always there.....

He is ALL LOVING
He is ALL POWERFUL
HE IS ALL MERCIFUL AND FAITHFUL AND ALL KNOWING

Back