Suffering and Sin

all things work together for the good - 'the good' not neccessarily being fully realized on this side.

This is a huge piece of scripture that gets misused and used incomplete.
How are you using it?

agree and think it also helps to remember that we are currently subject to the finite realm in which we rely heavily on cause and effect attributing A onto B and don't realize that they are only two letters in the story

Perhaps being more precise in your wording will help others know what you mean and not only thinking they know.
Blessings

Thank you Jim
It is true that we all work under assumptions.
Without rambling on let me say that my understanding is that God being eternal there is no such thing as chance in our lives. Predestination is by foreknowledge and everyhing that transpires in a Christian's life serves God's purpose - working to His honor and glory. There is no greater purpose that a man can have than to worship the Creator. How our hearts will soar when we see how God's sovereignty love and grace was displayed in our lives. So we know that our footsteps are working toward that end.
God bless you my friend.

Predestination is by foreknowledge and everyhing that transpires in a Christian's life serves God's purpose - working to His honor and glory
Yep I thought you would say something like this with the partial quote of (all things work together for the good - 'the good' not neccessarily being fully realized on this side.)

That simply is not true at all.
There is a lot of evil in this world that has nothing to do with God or His Plan for someone.

People and especially Christians can go through all sorts of bad crap that had nothing to do with God or is it working good in their lives.

That belief is a doctrine from hell in which gets a Christian accepting everything as good for them and it's being done by God for some good purpose.

No Friend it's satan trying to destroy you and render your ability to expose him useless.
It allows satan to move and work without any real interference from a Christian.

Let's include the verses prior and after this quote of yours and let's use the entire scripture and not pull a piece of a statement out and use it incorrectly.

Blessings to you and your family

Yep I thought you would say something like this with the partial quote of (all things work together for the good - 'the good' not neccessarily being fully realized on this side.)

That simply is not true at all.
There is a lot of evil in this world that has nothing to do with God or His Plan for someone.

People and especially Christians can go through all sorts of bad crap that had nothing to do with God or is it working good in their lives.

That belief is a doctrine from hell in which gets a Christian accepting everything as good for them and it's being done by God for some good purpose.

No Friend it's satan trying to destroy you and render your ability to expose him useless.
It allows satan to move and work without any real interference from a Christian.

Let's include the verses prior and after this quote of yours and let's use the entire scripture and not pull a piece of a statement out and use it incorrectly.

Blessings to you and your family
Did Jesus's suffering serve God's purpose?

Did Jesus's suffering serve God's purpose?
Come on Brother, you are trying to put things together to make a point that are not connected.

If by suffering on the cross then yes but that's not what you were talking about.

If you are referring to something such as For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps.

That's dealing with the flesh and persecution and NOT every bad thing such as sickness or harm or any of this evil in this world.

Don't think I am against you Brother, I am against this belief that no matter what happens God is working good in you.
Blessings

Back