Tares among the wheat

We who are still alive..it says. Presumably...everyone else, including all the tares, are dead. The tares who are dead will not rise first...they cant rise. They have no holy spirit.

They are taken away to be destroyed. They arent left behind, do you leave weeds behind after weeding to resow themselves? Nope.

Likewise the harvest, gathered to barn. While the harvest is gathered to safety, we all actually waiting for the resurrection. Of our own bodies.

I think pre trib rapture tries to insert 7 years where theres nothing about that. In our lives there will be 7 years of this and that but its not like we all one nation and all gonna happen like a sci fi fantasy the left behind books claim. I think sda churches try to push all that adventism, saying certain prophecies still unfulfilled. But didnt Jesus say it is finished? He was the perfect sacrifice, why they and other prophecy teachers keep saying there needs to be more?

Sometimes I think theres hidden agendas, i dont know. World domination? God already knows who is his, he dont need ppl hurrying things along. Its all on His timing.

We who are still alive..it says. Presumably...everyone else, including all the tares, are dead. The tares who are dead will not rise first...they cant rise. They have no holy spirit

They are taken away to be destroyed. They arent left behind, do you leave weeds behind after weeding to resow themselves? Nope.

Likewise the harvest, gathered to barn. While the harvest is gathered to safety, we all actually waiting for the resurrection. Of our own bodies.

I think pre trib rapture tries to insert 7 years where theres nothing about that. In our lives there will be 7 years of this and that but its not like we all one nation and all gonna happen like a sci fi fantasy the left behind books claim. I think sda churches try to push all that adventism, saying certain prophecies still unfulfilled. But didnt Jesus say it is finished? He was the perfect sacrifice, why they and other prophecy teachers keep saying there needs to be more?

Sometimes I think theres hidden agendas, i dont know. World domination? God already knows who is his, he dont need ppl hurrying things along. Its all on His timing.

No, it is talking about us, the Church---WE who are still alive among the Body of Christ. Everyone else is an unbeliever and they will continue on in the world and experience the many judgments headed their way. The dead outside of Christ will remain dead until final Judgment.

The seven years is taught in scripture. You simply need to research and study---and believe what God is saying.

Last edited:
Seems like a lot of wacky teaching sbout end times out there these days.
Just follow Jesus, read the Bible and ignore anyone who tries to twist or cut and paste scriptutre to mean different, or add things that arent there. God has strong word for anyone who tries to do that to the book of Revelation.

or tries to preach any other gospel for that matter.

Probably does come down to what bible people reading as well, you might be reading someone elses interpetation of it instead of actual scriptures themselves. So..beware massage bible, scofield bible, new world translation, book of mormon etc.

Seems like a lot of wacky teaching sbout end times out there these days.
Just follow Jesus, read the Bible and ignore anyone who tries to twist or cut and paste scriptutre to mean different, or add things that arent there. God has strong word for anyone who tries to do that to the book of Revelation.

or tries to preach any other gospel for that matter.

I don't see anyone preaching another gospel here. Pre-Tribulational Rapture is a solid teaching in the word of God---it is there for us to learn and understand through prayerful study. It is couched in prophecy given in the OT as well as in the NT. One needs to seek the voice of the Holy Spirit concerning these things when they set out to study them.

Jesus also mentioned the chaff separating from the wheat. The chaff is burnt too.
The wheat is winnowed or threshed..and the chaff separated or sifted so that the wheat can be stored.

That process is a must cos we dont need the chaff, its inedible. Think of it this way, we through much tribulation must enter the Kingdom. There is no way we can avoid tribulation in whatever form it takes. So, IMHO I dont understand those who try to teach otherwise, cos in my mind, they just want a ticket to heaven without even getting on the plane. In the plane, you got to be prepared for turbulence, or at least some discomfort getting to your destination, even if its just the stress of packing and eating that awful airline food.

Throughout it all Jesus is with us in spirit anyway..so...? When we meet him face to face, it will all be worth it.

Jesus also mentioned the chaff separating from the wheat. The chaff is burnt too.
The wheat is winnowed or threshed..and the chaff separated or sifted so that the wheat can be stored.

That process is a must cos we dont need the chaff, its inedible. Think of it this way, we through much tribulation must enter the Kingdom. There is no way we can avoid tribulation in whatever form it takes. So, IMHO I dont understand those who try to teach otherwise, cos in my mind, they just want a ticket to heaven without even getting on the plane. In the plane, you got to be prepared for turbulence, or at least some discomfort getting to your destination, even if its just the stress of packing and eating that awful airline food.

Throughout it all Jesus is with us in spirit anyway..so...? When we meet him face to face, it will all be worth it.

We are promised tribulation, but Jesus spoke of a particular time of Tribulation---for the world, not for His children. Jesus describes the great Tribulation the world will experience in Matthew 24 and is confirmed in Revelation.

Matthew 24:20-22
20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Matthew 24:29
The Coming of the Son of Man
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

Mark 13:24
The Coming of the Son of Man
24 “But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light;

Revelation 7:14
14 And I said to him, “Sir, you know.”

So he said to me, “These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Tribulation, sifting, persecution, all this tests our faith.
I kinda think if we don't go through this, if we never suffer, how do people know we are christians? Jesus suffered tremendously on the cross, yet he never for once doubted that his Father loved him, Satan could throw all kinds of things at him, he was betrayed by his close buddies, even his own family.

If we, at the first sign of trouble, wimp out and cry and ask Jesus to rescue us every time we stub a toe, I'm just wondering if some are just using his name to avoid living life and enduring the race. Maybe they live in christian fantasy land?

People are being killed just for being christians in countries where people hate the name of Jesus even being spoken out loud. I don't know, I don't really have time to coddle believers into thinking Jesus whisks people to heaven for 7 years while theres hell on earth, like some kind of video game called 'left behind, end times'. Evil things happen right now. I think some people are too isolationist in their thinking and reading of scripture.

But I suppose that shouldn't bother me, they willingly believe that sort of thing cos someone else says so. Just a bit sad that all, cos that's not reality.

It would be a good thing if one would actually provide any place in Revelation during the pouring out of the judgments of God upon the unbelieving world that there is one mention of the Church or the redeemed on earth at those times, or that masses of people actually repent and turn to Christ.

I may grow some wheat next season and see if what Jesus spoke in the parable is true.
Im growing green crop at the moment, and there are some oats amongst the lupin and mustard.

I did burn some thorns..had this awful carpet rose, no scent, good for nothing except smothering ground and pricking me. I dug it up, and me and mum burned it. had to cut it up small and it all burned up to nothing but ash. You cant compost it, cos then you have thorns in your compost. You cant do anything with it, and if you leave it just grows again even if you cut it back. Gave to dig it out. You have to do this in autumn after everythings all flowered but before goes to seed otherwise you get more weeds.

I left behind the good plants. And transplanted a few to better spots in the garden.

No they not getting burned, the fire is too far away to hurt them. But they had some tribulation cos of all those thorns smothering them and the shock of being transplanted.

yes except they take liberties and turn them into fiction.
So..well up to you and your discernment. They popular with americans, because americans are the 'heroes' but most every christian I talked with knows they are fiction and reads them with a grain of salt.

yes except they take liberties and turn them into fiction.
So..well up to you and your discernment. They popular with americans, because americans are the 'heroes' but most every christian I talked with knows they are fiction and reads them with a grain of salt.

You do know that fiction can be based on fact, don't you? I read them knowing full well that the biblical facts were brought to life by a fictional account. The writers were very careful about it, and I greatly respect them. There is nothing wrong with it.

Taking the underlying truths with a grain of salt can be a problem for you, however.

someone once told me churches are the hospitals for the spiritually sick and when the church leadership is spiritually sick as well, then you have a very real and very spiritually dangerous situation...much better to leave that place than stay

The Church of Jesus Christ is not a haven for the weak .It is a place where the weak are made strong. The blind to see and the lame to walk. The naked clothed .
It is a place where men and women learn to please GOD more than themselves and to serve God and others first .
Where the Word of God is preached in its purity and where the Holy Spirit is honoured first .Not the traditions of the church or its habits .

in Christ
gerald

Um, i dont understand what the difference is between the tribulation and THE tribulation. I dont know what bible you reading, but mine doesnt put it in caps like that.

This reminds me of another scripture when Jesus said to Peter satan was gonna sift him as wheat. And he said not to worry about it, cos Jesus knew Peter was WHEAT. sifting is not a pleasant process, but we all go through it. It kinda sounds like tribulation to me. Or turbulence.

In this world ye will suffer tribulation.
Then there is the "great tribulation" which if God did not shorten the days none would be saved .
If you want to understand the biblical meaning of words get an accurate English translation of the scriptures like the KJV and then a complete concordance and look up the word and see how the scriptures use that word and what the scriptures mean by it.
In the case of tribulation you can then see there is the normal tribulation of every saint in this world.
and then the great tribulation of the world and all who are Christ or will be in that time .
In Christ
gerald

Are churches these days hiding grounds for children of disobedience? When a pastor or anyone in a leadership role does this, the whole congregation is affected by their hypocrisy. Just wondering how people deal with this...leave that church, or stay and 'excommunicate' or 'shun' these tares...? Form another church?
We have the answer to that in 2 Timothy 2:19 - "Yet the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, The Lord knows those that are his; and, Let every one who names the name of the Lord withdraw from iniquity." We have to withdraw from iniquity if we're to be faithful to the Lord - we can't stay linked to iniquity, we have to break from it. That might involve withdrawing from walking in fellowship with people who are really and truly believers, which is why the scripture says "The Lord knows those that are his". We have to commit those believers to His care - He knows the wheat, every blade and every ear, and none of it will be lost. We, however, have to be faithful to the Lord.

I don't believe I can put people out of fellowship - if I put people out, I'm effectively saying that they aren't fit for Christian fellowship anywhere. That's not a judgement I have the authority to make, no matter what the person might be doing that's wrong. That's why I have to withdraw, I have to make the move, not the other person. No-one is authorised to set up a new church either, because there's only one Church, which has already been established. It's been my experience that if we, as believers, withdraw from iniquity wherever we find it - in systems, institutions, perhaps persons - then we'll be brought by the Lord into the company of others who're similarly exercised. The Lord honours those who follow the instructions of this verse.

@Lanolin, I agree entirely with what @Euphemia has been saying regarding the tribulation, the resurrection, and so on. It isn't some particular school of thought that we both happen to be in, it's the truth of scripture. It's difficult truth to understand because it's so vast in scope, but a careful study of the scriptures shows it to be true. If you're interested in learning about this truth I can highly recommend 'The Scroll of Time' by J.A. Savage. It's a good book with a very helpful fold-out chart mapping out time as it's already passed and what scripture tells us will happen in the future. It provides direct scriptural references and cross-references for everything, so you can look at the scriptures yourself if you're in any doubt. I will say that Mr Savage is a wee bit fanciful when it comes to him linking current events (at the time he was writing, in the last century) with prophecy, but if you ignore his contemporary speculation and look at the scriptures he brings in, then you're on safe ground. I'd be very glad to send you a copy of the book, as I have a spare here.

@Lanolin, I agree entirely with what @Euphemia has been saying regarding the tribulation, the resurrection, and so on. It isn't some particular school of thought that we both happen to be in, it's the truth of scripture. It's difficult truth to understand because it's so vast in scope, but a careful study of the scriptures shows it to be true. If you're interested in learning about this truth I can highly recommend 'The Scroll of Time' by J.A. Savage. It's a good book with a very helpful fold-out chart mapping out time as it's already passed and what scripture tells us will happen in the future. It provides direct scriptural references and cross-references for everything, so you can look at the scriptures yourself if you're in any doubt. I will say that Mr Savage is a wee bit fanciful when it comes to him linking current events (at the time he was writing, in the last century) with prophecy, but if you ignore his contemporary speculation and look at the scriptures he brings in, then you're on safe ground. I'd be very glad to send you a copy of the book, as I have a spare here.

I would suggest if more thought was given the the matter of the Bride of Christ then the matter and the timing of the 'rapture 'or rather the translation" would all the more fall into place.
Enoch "translation " was not the important thing.but why he was translated.
The timing of it then follows.
There is to much sensationalism about the end times as well as dust thrown up deliberately by the enemy.
The antichrist the rapture and the great tribulation are all part of those days. But none of them are the main event.
It's the coming of the Lord for a Bride who has "made herself ready" for the purpose he himself said"........ that where I am ye may be also"

In Christ
Gerald

It would be helpful I think to one and all to differentiate between the "tribulations "that all saints have to endure since Abel till now and till the Lord reigns on earth as He does in heaven.
And the "great tribulation" which will come when the antichrist will ,for a season reign(?) And deceive the whole earth.

In Christ
Gerald

Back