Tell me..

I used to know 2 brothers who loved their food :D
Before I got baptised, I needed to stop smoking.

These two brothers helped me:
For 2 days, they fasted
For 2 days I stopped.
The deal was on,
and it worked!!!!!!!! :israel:

I quit because I wanted nothing of the "world" between me and God. I knew He did not approve and that I was not honoring the "temple" of the Holy Spirit.
My grandmother, mother, sister and the love of my life all died of lung cancer. I KNEW I had to quit but my flesh did NOT want to quit! It was soooo hard.

What finally worked for me was this:

God said this to me....
Here are two hands......
In one is all your dreams and desires as well as your future...
In the other is a pack of smokes...
You may have ONE but not both.....
YOU CHOSE.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH MAN...
(I also used mints, gum, and the patches. Any time I wanted one....which was alot.....I know this sounds simple....but I just did something else. Just do something else...it will pass.)

Haven't smoked for 23 months.

Congrats Judy I am very happy for you.

My daughter has the will power of a wet sock but was able to quit with some loving encouragement, prayer and the patch.

Thank you but it was God pointing out the obvious very sternly and firmly without mincing ANY words! Can't argue with Him or the truth! It is true.....you can have one but not both....because cigs WILL kill you eventually.

This is where my rebellious roots actually paid off for me. I was heavy into the punk scene during the 80s and 90s, when it wasn't the "cool thing", and most of us were doing whatever we could to be anti-establishment. During that time, I got involved in the Straight Edge movement, and have stuck with it my whole life. It's not a religious choice, and no Biblical reasons. Simply that I made a vow many years ago because I liked the music, and have never seen a reason to break the vow.

Its called an addiction. When you want to quit, but keep doing it. I've got a personal addiction of my own. I struggle with it. I've made leaps and bounds getting over it, but I am not over it yet. Best thing to do is pray. Also I found that while I was indulgin in my addiction, I thought nothing of it...until the deed was done. I might suggest a WWJD braclet or something around your figure. SOmethig you'll see every time you try to have a smoke..... and buy the gum!

I used to know 2 brothers who loved their food :D
Before I got baptised, I needed to stop smoking.

These two brothers helped me:
For 2 days, they fasted
For 2 days I stopped.
The deal was on,
and it worked!!!!!!!! :israel:

Heh, Great idea. When you've got someone around you that knows you're quitting, they can be helpful. Maybe you can find a friend to quit with?

Back