Ten Tribes of Israel - Are You Among Their Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course God has adopted me so why would I not be grafted in? I don't have the surname of any of the twelve tribes but it has never been Gods intent to stop the tree from producing fruit. When pruning trees its so they can produce more.

My dear sister. What in the world do you think a last name has anything to do with grafted or adoption in God's spiritual family???

I would really like to understand where you are coming from.

The Chinese have their own diaspora all over the world just as the Jews/Hebrews did.

I'd definitely know if I was Hebrew, even if I didn't speak the language by the traditions, food, culture etc. And apparently physical characteristics, like 'the Hebrew nose" are a giveaway.

The Chinese have their own diaspora all over the world just as the Jews/Hebrews did.

I'd definitely know if I was Hebrew, even if I didn't speak the language by the traditions, food, culture etc. And apparently physical characteristics, like 'the Hebrew nose" are a giveaway.
It took me nearly 60 years of my life to learn there are Chinese Jews even though the Bible says that God would scatter them to the four corners of the earth.

They went and served other gods in the lands they were exiled to. God intentionally lost them. And of the Jews that rejected their Messiah when He came, well they were really lost and sentenced to the place prepared for the devil and his angels.

God was done with 2/3 of Israel as seen in Isaiah 65-66. His servants would be called by another name.

Their "heaven and earth" was gone (their temple) but Judaizers still exist today it seems instead of becoming a Messianic Jew. Rabbinic Judaism post AD70 was because the rabbis didn't want to lose their Judaism to Christ.

They went and served other gods in the lands they were exiled to. God intentionally lost them. And of the Jews that rejected their Messiah when He came, well they were really lost and sentenced to the place prepared for the devil and his angels.

God was done with 2/3 of Israel as seen in Isaiah 65-66. His servants would be called by another name.

Their "heaven and earth" was gone (their temple) but Judaizers still exist today it seems instead of becoming a Messianic Jew. Rabbinic Judaism post AD70 was because the rabbis didn't want to lose their Judaism to Christ.
Sort of like how instead of becoming born again, the RCC top brass don't want to lose their paganism to Jesus.

But it would have been the Messianic Jews , like the apostles, who wrote most of the new Testament.
I'm looking at post#27 and would say the Old Testament is most of the Bible as well as it's foundation.
So my point is that the claim 'without the RCC we wouldn't have the Bible' is essentially baseless.

I'm looking at post#27 and would say the Old Testament is most of the Bible as well as it's foundation.
So my point is that the claim 'without the RCC we wouldn't have the Bible' is essentially baseless.
Perhaps I didn't word it correctly. My point is that without the Catholics we wouldn't have Christianity. Crusades and all.
You don't agree?

Perhaps I didn't word it correctly. My point is that without the Catholics we wouldn't have Christianity. Crusades and all.
You don't agree?
No, I don't agree. We still have the Old Testament promises of a redeemer. Christianity actually started off predominately Jewish. When Paul wrote ...
All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,
(2Ti 3:16)
the Old Testament was being referred to, pointing out it's sufficiency "for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness".
I do agree without the RCC we wouldn't have had the Crusades...or a need for the Reformation.

We had the Bible long before the RCC as the Greek Orthodox church also had the New Testament as it was in the original GREEK not Latin. The Latin translation that the RCC used came later.

We had the Bible long before the RCC as the Greek Orthodox church also had the New Testament as it was in the original GREEK not Latin. The Latin translation that the RCC used came later.
The Hebrew Bible, which we hold to, came even before the New Testament regardless of the language it was written in.

The Hebrew Bible, which we hold to, came even before the New Testament regardless of the language it was written in.
You mean the Torah.
Well of course. RCC didn't exist then. We owe it to the Jewish people who preserved the scriptures and copied them meticulously. Then it got translated into Greek, then Latin, English and all the languages of the world. It is still being translated today. I think there is a new Maori version due soon.

Not referring to the old testament. The Messianic Jews wrote the N.T. However, Jewish people didn't advance the gospel after that because Biblical Israel ended in AD70, with the last days of the Jewish covenant. God was done with Israel but some are failing to recognize it.
Most of Israel broke the everlasting covenant and only those of "true Israel" were blessed. Jew and Gentile in Christ.
Key word, "Christ." Why don't you see "the holocaust" in Revelation, or before? You jump to God coming back for Israel's remaining ones for salvation!? Friend, if God was still for Israel of the flesh, then why did He allow the holocaust on them, and where is it prophesied in the scripture? It's just not there.
My point is simple. If we didn't have Catholics to advance Christianity, we wouldn't have any Protestantism to protest about.

There was a split between Eastern Orthodox and Western RCC in the 1054. Otherwise, it wasn't even catholicism it was just the early church.
The 'reformation' didn't really affect the Orthodox, just the RCC.

RCC spread faster because the Roman Empire was bigger at the time. Also, Emperor Constantine made it the religion of the empire.

T

RCC spread faster because the Roman Empire was bigger at the time. Also, Emperor Constantine made it the religion of the empire.

There was a split between Eastern Orthodox and Western RCC in the 1054. Otherwise, it wasn't even catholicism it was just the early church.
The 'reformation' didn't really affect the Orthodox, just the RCC.

Either way, the 10 tribes of Israel were already forgotten by God for breaking their "everlasting covenant"
Only 1/3 that were even left from 2 tribes were preserved and refined through fire. (Zechariah 12 -14)
Deuteronomy 28 I think, and the curses for Israel in their end times.

Either way, the 10 tribes of Israel were already forgotten by God for breaking their "everlasting covenant"
Only 1/3 that were even left from 2 tribes were preserved and refined through fire. (Zechariah 12 -14)
They broke the conditional Mosaic Covenant but the Covenant given to Abraham was unconditional...

Jeremiah 31:31-37 (NASB) "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." Thus says the LORD, Who gives the sun for light by day And the fixed order of the moon and the stars for light by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar; The LORD of hosts is His name: "If this fixed order departs From before Me," declares the LORD, "Then the offspring of Israel also will cease From being a nation before Me forever." Thus says the LORD, "If the heavens above can be measured And the foundations of the earth searched out below, Then I will also cast off all the offspring of Israel For all that they have done," declares the LORD.

Well it was a remnant that were left.
They had turned to idolatry, though they forgot God, God did not forget them and was always trying to win them back. That is why He eventually opened up salvation to not just Israel but to all the gentiles, which they may have married into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back