The Abortion Debate.

My only position on anortion is that life is sacred--all life--in or out of the womb--young and old.

I think the mother should by no means be overlooked when her life is just as valuable. When she is in distress, she deserves compassion and charity.

I think it's tempting to say "this world is in trouble, te dollar is inflated, unemployment is high--this child would be better off not being born." Though we wouldn't dare kill born children to relieve them of worldly ills. The unborn shouldn't be treated differently merely because of their dependency levels.

I think many who support abortion actually mean well, but are misguided. I even admire their passion for protecting rights, but protecting one's rights shouldn't be at the cost of another's.

My only position on anortion is that life is sacred--all life--in or out of the womb--young and old.

I think the mother should by no means be overlooked when her life is just as valuable. When she is in distress, she deserves compassion and charity.

I think it's tempting to say "this world is in trouble, te dollar is inflated, unemployment is high--this child would be better off not being born." Though we wouldn't dare kill born children to relieve them of worldly ills. The unborn shouldn't be treated differently merely because of their dependency levels.

I think many who support abortion actually mean well, but are misguided. I even admire their passion for protecting rights, but protecting one's rights shouldn't be at the cost of another's.

I like your view on things. I don't think I see things like all of you. Probably because I didn't have follow christianity for a long proud in my life. I respect your opinion though. Thanks for sharing.

I like your view on things. I don't think I see things like all of you. Probably because I didn't have follow christianity for a long proud in my life. I respect your opinion though. Thanks for sharing.

'True Religion' (not what the world thinks religion is), is following Jesus Christ as our ultimate example of becoming 'more like' God-honoring and worshiping God in spirit in (Holy) Spirit . God does not change to accommodate culture or technological advancements. Humans are allowed to advance under the umbrella God's mercy and grace. We have "free will" to think and do as we please-to follow God or not follow God.

God is the same 'yesterday, today and always'. The Bible is our guide while in this life. There are many interpretations; once you become a true 'Christian'-accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and God in human form, the Holy Spirit comes along side you and gives you "discernment"-guidance with the Word-Bible-Scripture-spirit.

As Christians, we must follow the Lord, else we are disobedient and rebellious-this same cause is why the children of Israel were left to wander in the desert for 40 years after they crossed the Red Sea, for this same reason they were taken into captivity into Babylon, for this same reason they were without a prophet for 400 years. For this same reason-the Jews lost the sole right to be called "God's chosen people". Today's "God's Chosen People" are the Christians- the people who accepted the Messiah and what he has done for them. We are living in the days of 'faith' until Jesus Christ's return.

Thank you, and you're welcome.

I understand. Out of curiosity--and I hope I'm not prying--where do you feel like you're at a more difficult spot in being a Christian? I hope that question made sense.

It does make sense. Its hard for me to say that because I believe in Jesus, people that don't follow him should be seen as sinners. I believe in rights of choosing what you want to believe in or not. What rocks your boat you know doesn't rock necessarily the others.

My fiancé is atheist. And I accept who he is. He us a very good person that always helps as much as he can other people in need. And I believe he will go to heaven even though he doesn't believe in Jesus.

Does it makes sense?

It does make sense. Its hard for me to say that because I believe in Jesus, people that don't follow him should be seen as sinners. I believe in rights of choosing what you want to believe in or not. What rocks your boat you know doesn't rock necessarily the others.

My fiancé is atheist. And I accept who he is. He us a very good person that always helps as much as he can other people in need. And I believe he will go to heaven even though he doesn't believe in Jesus.

Does it makes sense?

John 3:
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

I don't think he care since he don't believe in that. And I know I won't change his mind on that. Having a good partner in life is hard. I am not going to change him for someone else. I am faithful and I believe he can be saved one day by the light I will shine upon him. He will see one day. Anyway we are out of topic.

I do agree with you that every individual has rights, and I believe those rights came from our creator. I don't believe rights are given to anyone by any sort of government or theocracy or authority--not our rights that stem from our humanity, including the right to religion, to worship or not worship, etc.

You're absolutely right that some things might rock my boat and not others' boats. Nonetheless, this doesn't mean that what I believe is now subjective; "it's true for me, but it's not true for you." There are some truths that simply are, whether we want them to be or not. 2 + 2 will always be 4, even if we don't want it to. Logic will always be, even if we don't see it. Every individual has rights, even if some want to enforce tyranny over them. And most importantly, God and his word will always be the truth, even if not everyone believes it.

My belief isn't a result of me liking it -- it's a result that I genuinely believe it is the absolute, most logical, rational, and reasonable explanation for everything, even if not believing it was easier and more enjoyable. Truth trumps feelings.

Not trying to corner you--but I think you brought up an interesting topic. (don't worry about going off topic--I just like having discussions in general).

I understand your words. But would I be a good wife to condemn my husband for his non belief? I don't think so. He is spiritual in his way and do good to others.

;)

This don't change the Bible, but like I asked to a priest: if a black person from Africa never heard of Jesus die, will he go to hell?

His answer was: a person that seek to know the truth won't be punished.

I understand your words. But would I be a good wife to condemn my husband for his non belief? I don't think so. He is spiritual in his way and do good to others.

;)

This don't change the Bible, but like I asked to a priest: if a black person from Africa never heard of Jesus die, will he go to hell?

His answer was: a person that seek to know the truth won't be punished.

Indeed, I wasn't addressing your fiancé's salvation, though that brings in a very good point. As the only catholic here, I believe in God's divine grace and mercy. We believe in purgatory which isn't where you go to be judged, but rather a place to be purified before we enter the presence of God. Some bypass purgatory and go right to heaven, but all who reach purgatory will make it to heaven--though it's not guaranteed of when.

However, if one denies God, denies his teachings and his commandments, that person is in grave danger of damnation to hell.

I don't know your fiancé, what's in his heart and mind, etc. and also, most people here will call me a heretic for holding the beliefs of the Universal Church. Nevertheless, since you brought up te explanation of what the priest said, I thought it would be worth expanding on it.

Yes thank you. The priest is catholic.

Since the first church were Roman catholic and orthodox, they did and do believes still in purgatory, why did it changed for other Christians?

Yes thank you. The priest is catholic.

Since the first church were Roman catholic and orthodox, they did and do believes still in purgatory, why did it changed for other Christians?

Excellent question. The first church founded by Christ himself is and always will be the Catholic Church. The Eastern Orthodox Church began about 400 years afterwards.

Some here might have a better answer regarding why other Christians don't believe in purgatory, but from what I understand, it began with Martin Luther taking that position. He was originally a catholic priest who took out 7 books of the bible (almost 8 had his colleagues not stopped him from removing James), and suggested that we are saved by faith alone, which is a heresy (the only time the bible says "faith alone" is in James 2:24-26 where it says that we are "not saved through faith alone".

But from what I understand, while Martin Luther demoted purgatory, he himself acknowledged that the Catholic Church is still indeed te true Churxh founded by Christ himself.

That's only my limited understanding. There is still more I don't know for sure on this subject, but I will find out for you.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot!

Not a problem.
Here's the little bit of info I found.

During the reformation in 1517, Martin Luther--the pioneer of the protestors--wrote in his famous 95 Theses that purgatory was a "falsehood" and a "lie of the devil." However, it was more directed to his gripe regarding faith being justified by works. He even added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28 since prior translations didn't include it.

So his position on purgatory is most involved with his position regarding Sola Fida (faith alone).

So in short he thinks that its not cool. But that ain't what God said. Interesting. I will have to question the minister of my church about that.

One thing I am careful with is how I read the Bible. It have been transcript so often by man. And man are sinful. In short,I think the truth have been lost with all those years.

Back