Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Kings Chapter 1 to 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Kings 8:59 (NLT)
And May these words that I have prayed in the presence of the LORD be before him constantly, day and night, so that he may give Justice to me and his people Israel, according to each days needs.

1 Kings 8:61 (NLT)
And may you be completely faithful to the LORD our God. May you always obey his decrees and commands, just as you are doing today,"

1 Kings 8:63 (NLT)
Solomon offered to the LORD a peace Offering of 22,000 cattle and 120,000 sheep and goats. And so the King and all the people of Israel dedicated the Temple of the LORD.

1 Kings 8:64 (NLT)
The same day the King consecrated the central area of the Courtyard in front of the LORD's temple. He offered burnt offerings, grain offerings and the fat of Peace offerings there, because the bronze altar in the LORD's presence was too small to hold all the burnt offerings, grain offering and the fat of the peace offerings.

1 Kings 8:65 (NLT)
Then Solomon and all Israel celebrated Festival of the Shelters in the presence of the LORD our God. A large congregation had gathered from as far away as Lebo-hamath in the north and the Brook of Egypt in the south. The celebration went on for fourteen days in all - seven days for the dedication of the altar and seven days for the Festival of Shelters.

1 Kings 8:66 (NLT)
After the festival was over Solomon sent the people home. They blessed the King and went to their homes joyful and glad because the LORD had been good to his servant David and to his people Israel.

1 Kings 9:1 (NLT)
So Solomon finished building the Temple of the LORD, as well as the royal palace. He completed everything he had planned to do.

1 Kings 9:3 (NLT)

3 The LORD said to him,“I have heard your prayer and your petition. I have set this Temple apart to be holy—this place you have built where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart.

1 Kings 9:5 (NLT)

5 then I will establish the throne of your dynasty over Israel forever. For I made this promise to your father, David: ‘One of your descendants will always sit on the throne of Israel.’

1 Kings 9:7 (NLT)

7 then I will uproot Israel from this land that I have given them. I will reject this Temple that I have made holy to honor my name. I will make Israel an object of mockery and ridicule among the nations.

1 Kings 9:8 (NLT) - 8 And though this Temple is impressive now, all who pass by will be appalled and will shake their heads in amazement. They will ask, ‘Why did the LORD do such terrible things to this land and to this Temple?’

1 Kings 9:9 (NLT) - 9 “And the answer will be, ‘Because his people abandoned the LORD their God, who brought their ancestors out of Egypt, and they worshiped other gods instead and bowed down to them. That is why the LORD has brought all these disasters on them.’”

1 Kings 9:10 (NLT) - 10 It took Solomon twenty years to build the LORD’s Temple and his own royal palace. At the end of that time,

1 Kings 9:11 (NLT) - 11 he gave twenty towns in the land of Galilee to King Hiram of Tyre. (Hiram had previously provided all the cedar and cypress timber and gold that Solomon had requested.)

1 Kings 9:12 (NLT) - 12 But when Hiram came from Tyre to see the towns Solomon had given him, he was not at all pleased with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back