Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Kings Chapter 1 to 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Kings 11:36 (NLT) - 36 His son will have one tribe so that the descendants of David my servant will continue to reign, shining like a lamp in Jerusalem, the city I have chosen to be the place for my name.

1 Kings 11:37 (NLT) - 37 And I will place you on the throne of Israel, and you will rule over all that your heart desires.

1 Kings 11:38 (NLT) - 38 If you listen to what I tell you and follow my ways and do whatever I consider to be right, and if you obey my decrees and commands, as my servant David did, then I will always be with you. I will establish an enduring dynasty for you as I did for David, and I will give Israel to you.

1 Kings 11:40 (NLT) - 40 Solomon tried to kill Jeroboam, but he fled to King Shishak of Egypt and stayed there until Solomon died.

1 Kings 12:2 (NLT) - 2 When Jeroboam son of Nebat heard of this, he returned from Egypt, for he had fled to Egypt to escape from King Solomon.

1 Kings 12:7 (NLT) - 7 The older counselors replied, “If you are willing to be a servant to these people today and give them a favorable answer, they will always be your loyal subjects.”

1 Kings 12:8 (NLT) - 8 But Rehoboam rejected the advice of the older men and instead asked the opinion of the young men who had grown up with him and were now his advisers.

1 Kings 12:9 (NLT) - 9 “What is your advice?” he asked them. “How should I answer these people who want me to lighten the burdens imposed by my father?”

1 Kings 12:10 (NLT)
The young men replied, "This is what you should tell those complainers who wants a lighter burden: 'My little finger is thicker than my father's waist.

1 Kings 12:11 (NLT)
Yes, my father laid heavy burdens on you, but I'm going to make them even heavier! My father beat you with whips, but I will beat you with scorpions!"'

1 Kings 12:12 (NLT)
Three days later Jeroboam and all the people returned to hear Rehoboam's decision, just as the king had ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back