Archive THE BIBLE - Verse by Verse (1 Kings Chapter 1 to 22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Kings 22:26 (NLT) - 26 “Arrest him!” the king of Israel ordered. “Take him back to Amon, the governor of the city, and to my son Joash.

1 Kings 22:27 (NLT) - 27 Give them this order from the king: ‘Put this man in prison, and feed him nothing but bread and water until I return safely from the battle!’”

1 Kings 22:28 (NLT) - 28 But Micaiah replied, “If you return safely, it will mean that the LORD has not spoken through me!” Then he added to those standing around, “Everyone mark my words!”

1 Kings 22:30 (NLT)
The King of Israel said to Jehoshaphat, "As we go into battle, I will disguise myself so no one will recognize me, but you wear your Royal robes." So the King of Israel disguised himself, and they went into battle.

1 Kings 22:34 (NLT)
An Aramean soldier, however, randomly shot an arrow at the Israelite troops and hit the king between the joints of his armor. "Turn the horses and get me out of here!" Ahab groaned to the driver of his chariot. I'm badly wounded!"

1 Kings 22:43 (NLT)

43 Jehoshaphat was a good king, following the example of his father, Asa. He did what was pleasing in the LORD’s sight. During his reign, however, he failed to remove all the pagan shrines, and the people still offered sacrifices and burned incense there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back